PDA

View Full Version : What pump do you prefer?

Bense468
10-10-2001, 04:58 PM
What pump do you prefer and why?

HammerDown
10-10-2001, 05:28 PM
Oh.no....here we go again.Some jetters( may )say there setup is the best and all others well, suck! I'am sure good results can be had with all,with proper setup in a tight pump etc.I'll just tell ya what I'am running. Berk 12JG,with an Aggressor Imp,Aggressor Droop,Place Diverter.I like that combo,work's for me.Read the last part again...It work's for me....Take a poll,just to see what pump everyone's useing.

fryzll
10-10-2001, 05:39 PM
The best pump is the Jacuzzi Golden Eagle. All the drag racers use this pump and if they dont well.... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif .... oh I cant do this. Just look way back through the Jet Performance posts and you will find alot of info on that issue, probably more than you want to know though http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Chris

77charger
10-10-2001, 07:38 PM
any pump that is tight and effecient...

SPECTRABRENT
10-10-2001, 07:48 PM
If I were to buy a new pump it would be a Panther pump. Noy only is it the best performance pump, but it is the best looking.
Brent

HBjet
10-10-2001, 07:49 PM
"tight and effecient..."
same thing goes for women.
Anyway, I run a Berk JC, B cut Legend impeller and Place Diverter. When setting up yout pump for YOUR boat, make sure you pay attention to the Intake grate and shoe combination as well.
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited October 10, 2001).]

custom-cruiser
10-10-2001, 08:28 PM
American Turbine "A2" impeller,droop snoot,high performance intake,5/8 shoe,ride plate,hydraulic place diverter turns 5500rpm...Love it! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Spectrabrent: Did you get a hold of some bad stuff?
Just kidding I used to have a Panther and it was decent but hardly the best looking pump on the planet. In fact if your seriously going to look in to one I have a fiberglass mold in insert to glass into the ole' Spectra. I'd let it go REAL reasonable.

Eat me & die
10-10-2001, 08:32 PM
OH Man, I have got to do this one!
ok here it is
The best pump IS
berk, no that`s not it
Jacuzzi didn`t even make a good pump for your hot tub, so that`s not it
What were we looking for? Oh yea the best pump!
Panther made a pump???
Well I would have to say the best pump is:::
I need Chet for this one
Hey Chet help me out!
We know what the best pump is to bad you dont!
Just a joke::: Dont get your underall`s in a bunch over it "ok"?
The best pump is the one that work`s and works the way you want it to!
We have tested Breks,Dom`s and now we are testing an Aggressor #1300.
Berk worked fine. We give it an (A)
Dom`s with the same set up worked a little better. We give it an (A+)
The Aggressor#1300 is going to get it`s test run next week so we cant say anything about it yet.I hope it`s the best but It`s not going to be a fair test because we cahnged the hole set up. On paper the Aggressor #1300 has the best pump but you have to use 100% Aggressor to make it perform the way it was ment to.

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
10-11-2001, 11:43 AM
NOW I AM LAUGHIN MY ASS OFF!!!!!!! Dude are you serious? PANTHER? You GOTTA be a friend of CHETS. Just rippin on ya dude!!! If you REALLY think panthers are the bomb you just let me know. I will sell ya ALL the panther stuff I have taken out of the trashcan over the years. I KNEW this stuff would come in someday!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
10-11-2001, 11:43 AM
I will agree with one thing...They ARE pretty kool lookin.

Unchained
10-11-2001, 04:34 PM
The best pumps are the ones that run the fastest at the drags. I would say that means they are also the most efficient. Some of the fastest include American Turbine, Dominator, Berkley. I never seen a drag boat with a Jacuzzi or a Panther pump.

Bense468
10-11-2001, 05:44 PM
either have I but you forgot Legand. Have any of you guys experimented with Legands set back. I think it is the j120-g basically a 12jg berk? To me it looks like a pretty nice set up for a set back pump. It is sold with the transom plate and ride plate.

fryzll
10-11-2001, 09:07 PM
Huh???? My Jacuzzi IS TO a drag pump. It drags so good it broke that big dumb scag right off going out of the gas station http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif . In all fairness though, when I baught my boat all my buddys told me that my Jacuzzi Golden Eagle (yea, I know, stupid name huh?) was a pile http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif . Here I am thinking ohh crap, why did I buy this pile! Well I just got the boat running and guess what, 67mph on GPS @ 4800 rpm. Dont get me wrong, Jacuzzi arent the best pump but I think they are better than alot of people give them credit for. LET THE BAGGING BEGIN http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Chris

Cas42
10-11-2001, 09:18 PM
BlownDrag,
do you have an old stator housing for a Panther hangin around? I'm wanting to screw around with different nozzle outlets but I don't want to mess mine up, maybe an old impeller too.

ChetCapoli
10-11-2001, 09:28 PM
I think i'm just gonna sit back and enjoy my DONUTS for right now... sorry EMAD. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Lets see how this story unfolds this time.....
Hey BDB,
If i didnt know any better i'd say you were pickin on me...wa wa wa! BTW, mr. impartial(only cuz you have to be being in the biz and all)what do you run in your boat if you dont mind tellin us viewers????
PEACE!!

rstover1
10-11-2001, 09:39 PM
I was waitin on chet to make it he he!
Lets keep this civil fellas
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/gH/Kq/Pf/mY88090.jpg

turbo
10-12-2001, 07:14 PM
what does a panther pump look like anyway.

custom-cruiser
10-12-2001, 08:16 PM
http://pantherjet.com/

MikeC
10-12-2001, 09:09 PM
I agree, you should look at what the racers run. 90% on the Left side run Berkeley, 8% run Dominator, and a few (mainly blown) run Aggressor. I have seen AMT, Legend and Jacuzzi, once in a while, usually on the trailer going home........ :-( Oh well, you'd have to see for yourself. Come on out the Phoenix for the Coors Lite World Finals Nov 1,2 & 3rd! You can count for yourself.
See ya there,
MikeC

Eat me & die
10-14-2001, 07:26 PM
That`s ok Chet I can F%&^ up the pot all by my self.I`m good at it!!!!
I dont know if we are going to make the Nov race or not they just told me we bent our shaft 0.011 so now we are going to try to put a new one in time to make the race.Time will only tell. Maybe we can fix this one in time???
HEY where in the HELL`S our MONEY $$$$$$$$
100 mph! No problem !!!!!!!
Got to love those big block Fishing boats!

beached1
10-16-2001, 02:26 PM
EMAD/Slowboat/I forget the last, this is your big chance! Show us all that you aren't full of crap. Honestly, I'll be really surprized if you make it to Phoenix. Oh you'll have some story about why or how you couldn't. Your crew maybe. Maybe all your sponsors like Pepsi won't be on time with the rig. Prove me wrong dude. I'm rootin for ya.

beached1
10-16-2001, 02:40 PM
Oh yeah, for the record, I talked with a jet pump performance shop. I won't mention any names, but lets just say HBjet really like's them. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif I asked how bad are the jacuzzi's. He said that the WJ if modified correctly can be as efficient as the big three, Berk, Dom, AT, Legend (ok four). He did say that the WJ does require a little more HP to push than the others though. So in his opinion, unless you are going to race, you shouldn't have to worry about having a Jacuzzi wj for a pump. The JY and the Golden Turkey are a different story. He suggested an energizer kit for those. Also, he prefers a Berk pump (can't remember what model. Split bowl) with modified legend impeller as his pump of choice. He didn't say much about Agrgressor.
I don't know crap about big jet boats. I'm just telling you all what I was told by an expert. I'm just a messenger.

Eat me & die
10-16-2001, 04:09 PM
Well things dont look good. Look`s like we will have to reuse the old shaft if they can fix it in time. If Guru would send us our money we could get that new one built in time! Hey dave tell him this weekend when you all get done at the show to next day air the money to us so we can get that new shaft.
Got to love those Big block fishing boats!

flat broke
10-17-2001, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Eat me & die:
Well things dont look good. Look`s like we will have to reuse the old shaft if they can fix it in time. If Guru would send us our money we could get that new one built in time! Hey dave tell him this weekend when you all get done at the show to next day air the money to us so we can get that new shaft.
Got to love those Big block fishing boats!
DUDE, YOU RULE... you local stock pond with your 1/16 scale rc jet hydro. Seriously, I can understand bad luck, and if anyone hear actually believed all the crap about the worn cam, and funding problems, and now your impeller shaft, we'd feel for you. But the bottom line is you're full of shit, and honestly, your comedic factor is really starting to wane. I would see phoenix as your only chance to redeem yourself you you are legit<laughter ensues>.
Why don't you fire off a quote on that shaft and see if maybe some of us who would like to make some money off you would front one. Of course we probably wont be able to help because your pump is the new Agressor model and the shaft is made from the same material used for bunker buster bomb casings and now the metal is unobtainable because of the demand from the defense industry.
It's definitely put up or shut up time for you bud,
Chris
[This message has been edited by flat broke (edited October 17, 2001).]

Eat me & die
10-17-2001, 04:18 PM
Hey flapper broke, It`s not my boat so I wont say much, but I can tell you that Crane sent us a new cam (FOR FREE,One thing I can say about Crane "they back their cam`s 100%") that he didn`t put in because he said that a cam with over 600 lift wont live long with out being a roller. So in the new motor he went with a roller so there should not be any more cam problems.
We haven`t picked up the old shaft from hi- tech so we cant say that it is bent or not but They called us and said it was .011 out and that it will not work in a race pump being that far out.They said it would work in a lake boat but not a race boat. They have never lied to us before so I dont think are now. We bent the shaft testing a new loader that let the tail come up to far and it would unload and reload hard. We were lucky that this was all we hirt. That has been one of our big problems with this boat as the faster you go the more lift we get in the tail.
As far as phoenix I know that he want`s to do that race but time is running out to do the new set up and to do it right.I want him to do it just so I can see the look on your face when he hits the big end at 100+ (I HOPE)I really dont know what the big deal is about a jet boat doing 100, I see them doing it all the time.
He told me that if the boat is not done in time he might go anyway. I`m not going unless the boat is going to be there.I know he will be at the first race in Waco tx for 2002 so if you dont see him make the run at phoenix, go to Waco and bring lots of beer!

ChetCapoli
10-17-2001, 06:54 PM
Flapperbroke.... ROTFLMAO! EMAD your too funny!

flat broke
10-17-2001, 09:06 PM
Looks as if the old "great minds think alike" saying is true after all.
Chris

Eat me & die
10-18-2001, 06:38 PM
Hey flapper Broke we got the shaft today and it`s bad just like they said it was! We took it over to the shop that makes a lot of our parts and they said that they would see what they could do about fixing it or they would make us a new one. We just might make it after all http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif Duane from Hi-Tech said he went to the west coast to pick up the new Tom Papp EDGE race boat hull, so it will be up to him and the time that he has left to spend on the pump if we get it done in time or not.We wont race it unless he say`s we are ready!!! When We signed him on as a sponsor we told him it was his pump and we wont do anything with out his ok!

beached1
10-20-2001, 07:32 AM
Yawn.

Kwicherbichen
10-21-2001, 02:35 AM
Are all 3 of Papps hulls considered "Edge" hulls? Someone told ne the deck boat he makes is the "Edge" but I also know it as "Mirage". Who knows? BTW, what does that deck boat cost with BBC & jet?