PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Get 13" - We need that 13"

carbonmarine
07-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Can you imagine if southern Utah and into NE Nevada got all this !!!.....We'd be HAPPY AS CLAMS eh ?
Rick32
DALLAS (AP) - Fierce overnight storms dropped up to 13 inches of rain in the Dallas area, flooding highways and homes, knocking out power to thousands and collapsing the roof of a 911 call center.
Authorities had more than 80 calls for high-water rescues, and rain washed out the dirt beneath a stretch of railroad track.

Lake Pirate
07-29-2004, 10:17 AM
I thought this was a John Holmes thread?

rrrr
07-29-2004, 10:21 AM
It rained like a MoFo here last night. I had my pool pump running, dumping water down the waste line for over an hour during the rain and the pool was still overflowing.
There was water 25' deep in creeks around my house that usually run about 2' deep. Parts of Southern Dallas County got the worst of it (I'm North of Dallas). Interstate 30 was closed this morning, there was about 2' of mud and water over the highway.
I'm groovin', though. We'll have good lake levels for the rest of the year for sure.

N2Lake
07-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Should have the Austin area lakes nice and full for this weekend. Headed for Horseshoe Bay tomorrow.