PDA

View Full Version : Boat Mfg. time schedule

parkerrunner
07-29-2004, 12:11 PM
After buying and having my boats serviced the last 12 years. I have noticed a common thread with the dozen or so boat dealers, Mfg. and service shops. The problem is the way they tell time. As soon as you learn their time tables you will have a much more enjoyable boating experience. As guidelines it goes like this:
9 am means 3 pm. Monday means wednesday. 5-6 weeks means 7-9 weeks. As soon as you have these tables down, the communication between you and your boat shop will be more clear and you can make your vacation plans without frustration.

OGShocker
07-29-2004, 12:14 PM
I never had that problem. Must be a Jerry thing.

rvrtoy
07-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
:D :D LMAOROTF:D :D

RiverOtter
07-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by parkerrunner
After buying and having my boats serviced the last 12 years. I have noticed a common thread with the dozen or so boat dealers, Mfg. and service shops. The problem is the way they tell time. As soon as you learn their time tables you will have a much more enjoyable boating experience. As guidelines it goes like this:
9 am means 3 pm. Monday means wednesday. 5-6 weeks means 7-9 weeks. As soon as you have these tables down, the communication between you and your boat shop will be more clear and you can make your vacation plans without frustration.
Amen Brother.... Preach On :D

jbtrailerjim
07-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
Me either. I was told it would take 5 or 6 weeks to build my Ultra. I had it in 6 weeks. I took it in to have a warranty item fixed. Had it back 2 days earlier than promised. Thats why I bought it, because of there great reputation.

RiverDave
07-29-2004, 12:25 PM
Your dealing with the wrong shops.. ;) ALCO up in Havasu has never let me down. Always been on time, and have pulled off some miraculous shiznit to get me back on the water same day!
RD

OGShocker
07-29-2004, 12:30 PM
The answer to all you problems can be found
here....
B & D Marine
10699 Hickson
El Monte, CA 91731
Tel: (626) 443-3721

dicudmore
07-29-2004, 12:31 PM
sometimes things take a little longer than planned :o

parkerrunner
07-29-2004, 12:31 PM
This place useful for some information. Thanks, I'll use them next time and hope I get the same service

dicudmore
07-29-2004, 12:54 PM
This place useful for some information. Thanks, I'll use them next time and hope I get the same service
I have had EXCELLENT service from Offshore Marine in Henderson, NV.
I also highly recommend Kenny Hudson's shop....Lakeland marine (LHC)

simple
07-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Both Eliminator plants (Miraloma & Lake Havasu) run great service departments. They take excellent care of you & are flexible with emergencies.
I should know. I got the bonehead award at the Regatta this year. I left Orange County & forgot to hook up the electric hatch hinge pin. My hatch blew over & the Bimini Top fell off. (Yes, I was quite upset with myself). Since the hatch was still hanging on to the transom by (1) hinge, I folded it over, strapped it down & went back to get the Bimini (not in VG shape) from the 3rd lane.
I continued on & dropped by the Eliminator shop unannounced on Friday afternoon in Havasu. Thinking they would brush me off, they unhooked my boat, brought it inside & repaired everything in less than an hour & charged me a fair price. My weekend ended on a positive note.
In this day & age of Customer Service levels, they are tops. They didn't even make me feel like a fool!

Kilrtoy
07-29-2004, 03:17 PM
I bought mine from a reputable dealer, It came before promised and I take it to a stand behind their work shop, again , before they were promised....
But then again, I'm a stand up guy....

Stealth Marine
07-29-2004, 04:05 PM
I hate to say it, but there is plenty of truth in that statement.
Speaking from the service point of view.
There ALWAYS seems to be one little part that just can NOT be had anywhere locally that stops the whole project, and you never seem to realize that you will need that little gem until Friday afternoon when you can't order it till Monday and won't have it till next weds/Thursday.
More often then not either the whole boat gets done in 24 hours, or it takes several days-week, and its almost always a parts issue.
Then of course there is always the guy whole shows up on the lot with his boat and BEGS you to fix it right away because he is here on vacation and can't afford to waste time just sitting around with no boat. So you try your best to accomodate him along with the major projects at the same time.
Sigh...
Not enough bays, Not enough Mechanics, Not enough Parts Inventory...

dicudmore
07-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Stealth Marine
I hate to say it, but there is plenty of truth in that statement.
Speaking from the service point of view.
There ALWAYS seems to be one little part that just can NOT be had anywhere locally that stops the whole project, and you never seem to realize that you will need that little gem until Friday afternoon when you can't order it till Monday and won't have it till next weds/Thursday.
More often then not either the whole boat gets done in 24 hours, or it takes several days-week, and its almost always a parts issue.
Then of course there is always the guy whole shows up on the lot with his boat and BEGS you to fix it right away because he is here on vacation and can't afford to waste time just sitting around with no boat. So you try your best to accomodate him along with the major projects at the same time.
Sigh...
Not enough bays, Not enough Mechanics, Not enough Parts Inventory...
same for us with cars...

Stealth Marine
07-30-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by dicudmore
same for us with cars...
I have to add a PS to my last post.
My Shop supervisor took some real umbridge at my comments.
In his oppinion the reason we see delays is because....
#1, the boats are not built right to allow mechanics and techs to get easy access into the engine bay. Too Small, Too Tight, Too Awkward, or just poorly designed with no thought to it every being serviced.
#2, there are WAY too many stereo systems buried in the engine bay.
#3, Customers are not quite 100% honest in telling us what the real problem is or what caused it.

sigepmock
07-30-2004, 08:17 AM
Just had my FIRST new boat buying experience and Ultra said it would be 6-8 weeks to build my new boat, called me this week and it's done. Five weeks from beginning to end!!! Not too bad in my book. Here's the whole story:
My new Ultra in 5 weeks!!! (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53766)
Chris

Stupid Fast
07-30-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Your dealing with the wrong shops.. ;) ALCO up in Havasu has never let me down. Always been on time, and have pulled off some miraculous shiznit to get me back on the water same day!
RD
Ummm, Dave, Do you really think they want to piss off the internet star that you are? I know I would not mess up your boat!:D

RiverToysJas
07-30-2004, 10:44 AM
I've never had a problem with LaveyCraft. My boat (http://www.rivertoys.com/LaveyMeAlone/index.htm) was delivered in 5 weeks & 2 days, on schedule.
My last 50hour service w/ James at Extreme Marine was completed 2 hours and 15 minutes after I dropped the boat off, and included many extra tossed in at no charge - he even cleaned my K&N.
RTJas :D

Bre
07-30-2004, 10:56 AM
We use Savage Marine in Havasu for everything. Have been in and out in the same day every time. Sometimes in little as an hour.