PDA

View Full Version : Was this wrong of me?

HalletDave
07-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Last weekend while I was messing with the boat in the garage, two young men road their ten speed bicycles up my driveway. I got out of the ole Hallett and grabbed my boat soda from the work bench and asked if I could help them? I thought maybe they saw the air compressor in the garage and they needed air in their bike tires or something. I then realized how nicely they were dressed and I said to myself “not the Mormons again!”
Well I listened to everything they had to say about going to hell and all, still sipping on my boat soda. I said “excuse me, I have to fetch another cold one.” When I returned I offered them a soda but they declined and I said “you know this all sounds pretty good. I think I could give up the Skoal”, and I really should, “but I just don’t think I can give up drinking beer. Just sign me up for the other plan”. They both looked at me and said “what other plan.” I replied, you know, the Jack Mormon plan.
They shook their heads and the two young cherubs mounted their bikes and road off down the street looking for more souls to save.
Was this wrong of me to play with these youngsters in this fashion? ;) :D
ps
Members of the church who smoke and drink and don't follow all the rules of the church are referred to as "Jack Mormons".

dicudmore
07-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by HalletDave
Was this wrong of me to play with these youngsters in this fashion? ;) :D
ps
Members of the church who smoke and drink and don't follow all the rules of the church are referred to as "Jack Mormons". [/B]
I'm ok with that plan :D

Scream
07-29-2004, 02:03 PM
They gotta learn sometime in thier life that the world is full of ....
PEOPLE
My twin sister "adopted" a couple of these missionaries in her neck o the woods. She tells me that stop by once a week or so and have dinner, try thier schtick, and leave. She just likes taking care of them and making them feel like they've got normal relatives...
The one's you really gotta give it to are the JW's. They're like roaches, you get one in the neighborhood and then it's all over...

welk2party
07-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Tell them you cannot subscribe to a religion that gets its inspiration from a talking lizard.

JetBoatRich
07-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Dave, nice of you to stop working on your boat to listen:( but you will never finish in time for CBBB if you keep that up:eek:
I always tell them to move on:mad:

mirvin
07-29-2004, 02:19 PM
I had a Catholic priest and some nuns come to my door one day. I told them that I was an athiest but that my wife ( who was sitting on the couch watching tv) was Catholic. THey were horrified, but she handed me one of those rosery bead packs and said "this is for your wife, tell her we love her":D

jackpunx
07-29-2004, 02:20 PM
IÂ’ve spent a few min talking to these guys when they come by.. I politely let them know that I have a higher power.. and IÂ’m not changing it.. The last couple I invited in for a glass of ice water.. They didnÂ’t say anything else about religion ... but asked me if they could help me with anything around the house.. Kinda weird.. But pretty cool..

HalletDave
07-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
I had a Catholic priest and some nuns come to my door one day. I told them that I was an athiest but that my wife ( who was sitting on the couch watching tv) was Catholic. THey were horrified, but she handed me one of those rosery bead packs and said "this is for your wife, tell her we love her":D
It just doesn't seam right that someone would receive beads without having to flash.:rolleyes: :D

mirvin
07-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by jackpunx
IÂ’ve spent a few min talking to these guys when they come by.. I politely let them know that I have a higher power.. and IÂ’m not changing it.. The last couple I invited in for a glass of ice water.. They didnÂ’t say anything else about religion ... but asked me if they could help me with anything around the house.. Kinda weird.. But pretty cool..
Is that how you keep your boat so shiny and spot free???
;)

gramps
07-29-2004, 02:22 PM
I live in Utah.................you treat 'em a lot nicer than I do!!!!!!

mirvin
07-29-2004, 02:24 PM
It just doesn't seam right that someone would receive beads without having to flash.:rolleyes: :D
dood, I'm dying:D That was perfect .
Something did flash. My life before their eyes. You could see their faces go cold and they gave me this sort of "you are now dead to us" look. Priceless.
mirvin

jackpunx
07-29-2004, 02:32 PM
LMAO

Scream
07-29-2004, 02:36 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!
That was perfect.
:D :D :D

Debbolas
07-29-2004, 02:38 PM
LMAO!!!
too funny!
But that is what makes America great. You can practice any religion you want! You can pray to prarie dogs if you wish.
My dad use to have fun with these people by pretending to praise Satan while they are at our door. (strange sense of humor my dad has;) )
We have some nice young men on bikes that come to the door, I always tell them that I really admire what they are doing...(.think about giving up your life for a year to ride around on a bike trying to get people to join your church). I always offer them a soda, which they usually take, and then they just leave.
After reading this book, I can't remember the title, about the Mormons, I am surprised that anyone follows that religion. The founder had visions from stones and the gold tablets with their laws where buried somewhere. There are so many "off" branches. This book said that some branches view Non Mormons with distaste, but everyone I have met has been nice. Some are not allowed to watch TV and don't get me started on the bigamists.
Even thought I don't agree with their religion and they have some kooky branches, I admire those young men on their bikes.:D

Desert Rat
07-29-2004, 02:41 PM
I lived in an area filled with Mormons in Nor Cal. After a while they leave you alone. Besides they don't park junk cars in front of their house and they have pretty mild parties. That beats the gang banger wanna be crap I just moved away from any day.
Dave maybe you should have asked if one of them knew how to tune a Holley :eek: :D :D

franky
07-29-2004, 02:43 PM
You have to give these kids some credit. They are not hurting anything (like taggin your walls, stealin your stuff or trying to bone your daughter) and they are just doing what they were taght was right.
NLT, I gotta laugh out loud with (well at them I guess cause they don't laugh too) when they show me the 8 x 10 glossy of a bunch of old guys in suits and tell me thet they are the true disciples , Christ was just a regular nice guy and the real savior has not made his prescence yet.
Do you think we will see them riding in the channel this weekend? Gets awful hot in those long black pants and tie.

Pointerman
07-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Get a copy of "The God Makers" and you will really have an interesting read. Bottom line, you are better off being an atheist than a Mormon (well, both are in trouble with God, but at least the atheist can say, "oh crap, you really do exist").

AZKC
07-29-2004, 02:51 PM
Not to defend them but they are usually bored out of their minds and if you can keep them away from their "mission" some are pretty good kids. I married into a Mormon family and me being raised Irish Catholic, boy talk about vinager and oil:p
Its like most things, some are extremeist and some just want the hell out.:cool:
But it is fun to mess with thier heads :D

MAINEVENT
07-29-2004, 02:56 PM
LMAO I usually tell them "Thats funny cause the devil just called verifying my resevation with no cancellation" they usually leave after that :p

AZKC
07-29-2004, 03:01 PM
I think it was a SouthPark episode that at the end St Peter is telling all the other religions "Sorry, the Mormons were right" :D :cool:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-29-2004, 03:10 PM
I don't think you were wrong. You were not rude, just plkaying with them a little. They came to your house, took up your time (which you were nice enough to give them), and attempted to talk religion with a complete stranger. They were lucky you were polite and didn't yell at them.
AZKC, I'm not suprised you watch that show:p

79miller
07-29-2004, 03:16 PM
When I know its them at the door, I run into the kitchen, strip naked, cover myself in cooking oil, grab a turkey baster and answer the door. The look on their faces is worth the simple green shower afterward...
Maybe one of these days I'll actually get the balls to do this...
G

AZKC
07-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Sportin' Wood
AZKC, I'm not suprised you watch that show:p
THAT SHOW :idea2: :smilespi: :smilespi: :smilespi:

That Guy
07-29-2004, 04:10 PM
I always just quote my favorite bumper sticker...
Heaven doesn't want me and Hell's afraid I'll take over...:D

Krazy K
07-29-2004, 04:20 PM
I've had the pleasure of having a JW as a roommate in Huntington Beach back in '95. He tried talking me into it but told him I was Catholic. (at the time) He would use my pots and pans and not clean them. I finally had to put a lock on my cabinets. He also smoked crack in the kitchen a couple times.
I also roomed one time with a BAC. I would love to take these idiots to a Wiccan/Pagan gathering with their mouths ducttaped shut and subject them to a couple hours of dark rituals.
I really get agitated by people telling me what and what not to beleive in.

Ziggy
07-29-2004, 04:21 PM
A friend of mines father had the best rebuttal I ever heard to the bike peddling white shirted fellows. And mind you, their house was way up on a hill.
They came up with their story and he listened through much of it then just unloaded on them---" Get the phuck off my property you pansies, one of my brothers converted and has been screwed up ever since, I nearly killed him because of it and the rest of the family has totally disowned him, is THAT what you are out to do??? Now you better run your little asses out of here before I get my wife out here to beat your asses" .
I nearly peed my pants, those guys ran pushing those bikes like they had just stolen something..:D :D
Funny to lull them into ease then just go OFF on them....:eek: :D

ROZ
07-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
LMAO!!!
too funny!
But that is what makes America great. You can practice any religion you want! You can pray to prarie dogs if you wish.
I like prarie dogs...

Debbolas
07-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
I like prarie dogs...
See, there ya go, start your own religion with those puppies!:D

ROZ
07-29-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
See, there ya go, start your own religion with those puppies!:D
puppies are even better ;)

Mandelon
07-29-2004, 06:59 PM
I went out with a Mormon girl a couple of times.
She told me she couldn't have sex until she got married.
I suggested that when she did get married, would she please call me......?? :D :D :D
She was cute too, I got both her and her sister in bed with me at once.........unfortunately didn't get too far with either of em...:D :D

Blown 472
07-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Where is that assclown Paul B?????

Dr. Eagle
07-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
A friend of mines father had the best rebuttal I ever heard to the bike peddling white shirted fellows. And mind you, their house was way up on a hill.
They came up with their story and he listened through much of it then just unloaded on them---" Get the phuck off my property you pansies, one of my brothers converted and has been screwed up ever since, I nearly killed him because of it and the rest of the family has totally disowned him, is THAT what you are out to do??? Now you better run your little asses out of here before I get my wife out here to beat your asses" .
I nearly peed my pants, those guys ran pushing those bikes like they had just stolen something..:D :D
Funny to lull them into ease then just go OFF on them....:eek: :D
OOOOOOOOOOhhhhh... that's EVIL I love it when a plan comes together...

LUVNLIFE
07-29-2004, 07:35 PM
See I thought Dave was the impressionable type and he had already sold the Hallet and bought a ten speed. He even put a bell on it. Yea Dave show up to my house with a cooler full of boat sodas on your new bike and I'll drink em all;) :D

jus a baker
07-29-2004, 07:48 PM
I ve got ta couple of guys that just got back from a mission working for me, damn good workers, always on time, don't show up hung over, (like the damn boss does).
Plus its fun to play name that tune. Being gone for 2 years with no women or beer would f@%k me up.

leibniz
07-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by MAINEVENT
LMAO I usually tell them "Thats funny cause the devil just called verifying my resevation with no cancellation" they usually leave after that :p
If it were anyone else who said that, I'd have chuckled. But I look at your avatar as I read that and I'm left thinking "hmm..." :idea:
:D