PDA

View Full Version : How Much CFM?

jroos
08-17-2001, 01:31 PM
Can someone look at my TOO HIGH post and tell help me with carb selection. Lunati told me if my motor is 460 ci and only spins 6000 then use 600`s. I am using 2" spacers under each. Won`t this "FOOL" the motor and respond like smaller carbs? I want to run 750`s,(`cause I already have one) but don`t want to sacrifice idle quality or hurt performance if the 600`s will work better. My experience with cars and spacers is that I always had more off-the-line and top end. More on the bottom because w/ spacers you are creating more velocity and on the top because you are running more carb. And what about 50cc pumps, do or don`t. What hat is normally used. Weiand is the only way I will go because of cost and their intakes are more Ford friendly. Thanks for the help.

Racing Ray
08-17-2001, 02:01 PM
Jroos
I don't think you should use the 750s. A carb spacer will indeed kill some signal however I believe you said you had some custom made spacers that started out as 4 hole spacers then went open? These will defeat the purpose as the 4 hole spacer will increase the velocity they will in fact pull more of a signal. The idea of the 4 hole spacer is to lengthen the venturies and pull more signal. When shopping for that TR look for the longer runners and small plenium version these will work better for a milder engine. Longer runners will have a higher velocity and large pleniums will slow it down. A pair of 600 center squirters will be the best choice.

jroos
08-17-2001, 02:09 PM
Since I am destined to use the spacers, should I just stick with the 4 holes?

Racing Ray
08-17-2001, 02:24 PM
with the smaller carbs I would.

jroos
08-17-2001, 03:56 PM
Thanks Ray, the spacer I have now I milled because I`m using an RPM Performer.