PDA

View Full Version : Deckboat Specifics?

AZSun
07-29-2004, 05:59 PM
I have done a couple posts on other threads looking for some input on deckboats - along with my choice so far - but didn't get a lot of feedback. Since I am new to posting I was told it is best to start a new thread for help.
I have read a lot on the deckboat posts and there are a lot of different opinions. Some say the certain deckboats are built great but when I see them on the ramp or passing by on a trailer I can easily see uneven wavey hulls so I would like to get specifics. My top pick is an ETicket. I did get one response saying an ETicket was $130 - $140k. When I called Larry for their price with standard twin 496 mags and XRs it is way under that. So if you know some specifics that I can compare head to head - let me know. I don't want to miss something.

welk2party
07-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Well the E-Ticket and the Advantage are the onlt decks with twins. I have an Eliminator Deck boat and it is not wavy at all. Very straight. Love my boat. You want to buy it?

AZSun
07-29-2004, 07:04 PM
I am kinda hooked on the twins. I have seen a E-Ticket on the water loaded up and it really gets out of the hole. I don't think you'll have any trouble selling the Eliminator though.

Evo22
07-29-2004, 07:25 PM
i have a friend in parker that has the 1st e-ticket deck boat and it runs good but not for what he spent....eliminator with the same money invested would smoke it

roln 20s
07-29-2004, 07:30 PM
I thought the ETicket with 496HOs was approx 115-120K. That too me is a great DEAL, and the build quality is top notch. Seems like one bad ass package to me.
It would be atop my deckboat list as well. I don't think you can go wrong. Plus, the times I have talked to Larry just to chat--he's been great, friendly, knowledgable...everything you'd expect and more.
Roln 20s

Evo22
07-29-2004, 07:36 PM
its a great boat dont get me wrong but at 120k think of the motor you could put in a conquest or a eliminator

AZSun
07-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Top end hasn't been a real issue for me. Looking at the Hot Boat article it runs mid 70's with 496 Mags and out accelerated all of the boats they tested even the big motor boats. I am more concerned with performance with a big load of people and I don't want to pay for the maintenance of a single motor with 750+ hp which would be the minimum you would need to come close to the performance of two 375 mags. Also was quoated $109k for the mags with XRs, dual Imco power steering and lab props. And I really like the big cabin. By the way what was the hp of the deckboat in Parker.

roln 20s
07-29-2004, 09:48 PM
its a great boat dont get me wrong but at 120k think of the motor you could put in a conquest or a eliminator
For my money, I'd rather have twin stock Mercs anyday, one reason is maint and the other is drive issues (But I know you are on to something about that...can't wait to see it.) 850HP, turn key, twin engines, plenty of acceleration, tons of room, I really like this idea. Don't get me wrong, there would be only 2 deckboats with single engines on my list- Conquest and the new Howard of course. Gotta love the conquest. If I'm not mistaken though, one at the LA Boat show with the 1000hp quad rotor was pushing 130K...thats alot of coin, but also 100+ all day versus the 75-80 all with the twin ETicket.
Roln 20s

Evo22
07-30-2004, 06:41 AM
I know of a conquest that has around 700hp(blasdale) and a teague platium drive and cruises 75 all day and has a 90+ top and is a total turn key ride

Reaper1
07-30-2004, 06:52 AM
AZSun - You can't go wrong with the E-ticket. I have worked with Larry in the past and everything he does is top notch. No corners are cut. His boats have some of the straightest lines in the industry and Larry even custom machines some of the parts. This boat is also capable of high speeds as I know one before was tested at like 114.
When you talk to Larry tell him Bobba Booey says Hi and to hook you up.:cool:

AZSun
07-31-2004, 07:45 PM
Thanks for some of the feedback. Again top end is not my issue but I know an E-Ticket deck will go as fast as you want with the power because it is the same hull as their RC28 that hit over 150 mph in the Aug Powerboat test. Their deckboat may not hit 150 but I believe Larry said 130 isn't a problem. Investing the type of money I am planning for a deckboat I want dependability in the motors and drives that is why the twins are big for me plus it planes fast and will perform great with a ton of people. But I also want a well built boat that lasts too. That is why I keep coming back to E-Ticket and where I would like a little more feedback on specifics - because I haven't see other boats with the same stuff. I know E-Ticket does offshore rigging, they use a lightweight material for bulkheads rather than plywood, thrubolt about everything they can even the rubrail, the entire bilge is finished off smooth gelcoated and cleared and Larry said the hull stays in the mold for 2 - 3 weeks so the glass really gets a chance to cure. And the thing is functional - really roomy and big cabin - there is a video of the mini cabin on the website. I know these things take time and cost money but when I priced out other deckboats with comparable power that don't have this stuff they are more expensive. Does anyone know of a comparable boat that is built this way?

Jrocket
07-31-2004, 08:29 PM
AZsun,
Most likely Im worng on this but...
You sound like you work for E-Ticaket more than a potential buyer.Am I wrong?Either that or your really set on finding somebody to prove that theres another deck out there that will out perform the E-ticket?
If your that pleased with the performance and magazine articles so far,then why not just buy it?

phebus
07-31-2004, 08:50 PM
I agree with you Jrocket, I feel like I have just read the sales brochure.

Charley
08-01-2004, 12:26 AM
How about that 34 Advantage??
Twin TCM 800's and 134 MPH??
Sounds pretty awesome to me
Then again maybe I should stfu :D

AZSun
08-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah I think my last post did sound like a brochure. But I have been trying to get specifics and wasn't getting any feedback so I through them out. Yes I did see the brochure (website), talk to Larry, read the magazine articles and see the boat. This would be a big purchase for me so I am trying to get it all. I have hit the other manufacturers websites and they don't state much for specifics - most just say they are best quality but don't quantify. I have looked at most of them mainly at the ramp or on the lake. I am not saying the others aren't decent boats I just want to find the best value for the money and hang onto it for a long time. Performance is only part of my requirements. I am planning on buying a new truck and am doing the same thing. I think of all the wasted time and money I have spent on vehicles and boats and want to be done with it. I have a young son and planning on another so I don't have the time or money when it was just my wife and I. I think you're right - I keep coming back to the Luxury Cat so I need to just buy the thing and be done with it. I will let you know how it turns out.

Jrocket
08-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Well I have been wrong before its nothing new,just every time you post it sounds like a sales pitch more than anything.
Seems like you really have done alot of checking into the E-ticket.It looks as if your ready to buy,let us know what you end up with.
Always buy as much HP as possible,its easier the first time around then to upgrade it later.

LAPII
08-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Well Magic is developing a 30' deck right now with twins, you might want to inquire. Gullwing engine hatches.

Reaper1
08-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Charley
How about that 34 Advantage??
Twin TCM 800's and 134 MPH??
Sounds pretty awesome to me
Then again maybe I should stfu :D
Isn't this the same boat that blew the ass end off of itself. Advantage called it a light layup. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.:rolleyes: :confused:

BoatFloating
08-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
AZsun,
You sound like you work for E-Ticaket more than a potential buyer.Am I wrong?Either that or your really set on finding somebody to prove that theres another deck out there that will out perform the E-ticket?
If your that pleased with the performance and magazine articles so far,then why not just buy it?
Jrocket, don't you work for Force???;) I couldn't resist...

DogHouse
08-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by BoatFloating
Jrocket, don't you work for Force???;) I couldn't resist...
That was before he hired on with the DCB cheerleading squad.
:D

Bling Bling
08-02-2004, 10:30 PM
OK, I will let it out of the bag. I know of two guys designing a deck boat 30+, and ready for this, at least 9 wide. 2 models to chose from, stock or balls to the wall. Get in line, the first one is mine. PW, time to shit or get off the pot.

NashvilleBound
08-03-2004, 05:19 AM
So who is it?

Jrocket
08-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by DogHouse
That was before he hired on with the DCB cheerleading squad.
:D
Yes!

79 HUSTLER
08-03-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Jrocket
AZsun,
DING DING DING, WE HAVE A WIINNNNNEEERRR.. That is what I thought since his first post..

79 HUSTLER
08-03-2004, 09:52 AM
Also run the ISP# and see where he is out of.... :wink:

CJ
08-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Deckboat16
Well Magic is developing a 30' deck right now with twins, you might want to inquire. Gullwing engine hatches.
Yes they are. However, look for my poor experience buying a 28' Magic Cat to follow. I am trying to take all the emotion and subjectiveness out of it since it just completed today.

Rocky
08-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Yes they are. However, look for my poor experience buying a 28' Magic Cat to follow. I am trying to take all the emotion and subjectiveness out of it since it just completed today.
Well lets here it.:frown: