04-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Ok, I've called the following places to store our boat,
Fort Mohave Storage
Freedom Storage
Access Storage
Lone Star Storage
Park Place Storage
Desert Lakes Storage
I'm looking for positive/negative feedback concerning these places of business.....anyone?
Thanks!
Deb
:D

Laveyman
04-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Did you look across the river? Oasis Super Storage is the bomb! Brand new facility, great peeps to deal with.

Hustler
04-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Deb you should give Spikes a call they are right at the 40 and river road cut off. very easy to stop in and grab the boat on your way to Mojave. They are a 24 hour access facility with the owner living on the property.

Laveyman
04-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Oh yeah...Oasis has power & water near each unit, showers, and restrooms. They have security that lives on site. Eventually they will have a launch ramp too if they can ever get through the permit process. They have plans for a gas station and coin-op cashwash also.

Throttle
04-07-2006, 10:22 AM
oasis was kool when I used to be there...
would you like to be in havi storage condo, $185 per month on a lease.

Debbolas
04-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Thanks for all the input guys!
I will make some more calls.
We want a place close to Katherines, safe, indoors, that we can access 24 hours a day. I don't think showers are THAT important, we can shower at the trailer. Ice would be nice. electric would be nice to trickle charge the battery. I just thought we would wash it at a car wash and then take it over......
Where is Oasis? by Laughlin or Needles or Katherines?

Throttle
04-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks for all the input guys!
I will make some more calls.
We want a place close to Katherines, safe, indoors, that we can access 24 hours a day. I don't think showers are THAT important, we can shower at the trailer. Ice would be nice. electric would be nice to trickle charge the battery. I just thought we would wash it at a car wash and then take it over......
need les
nw of I 40

GMFL
04-07-2006, 02:16 PM
It's here: http://www.oasissuperstorage.com/
They just raised my rent though. :cry: :cry: $165/mo for 35'. If you sign a 6 month lease you get two weeks free. 13 months for 12 months paid. The people are nice and helpfull.

jas0502
04-07-2006, 03:11 PM
We have been at Access since it opened a few years back. The only complaint I have is that it's not 24 hours.
There is electrical, and ice. However, get to the ice machine early on the weekends!!! :cool:

shaffewm
04-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Deb you should give Spikes a call they are right at the 40 and river road cut off. very easy to stop in and grab the boat on your way to Mojave. They are a 24 hour access facility with the owner living on the property.
ditto this....used them for a couple of years with no problem..

phuggit
04-07-2006, 04:00 PM
We used to keep our boat at Lone Star. Some benefits were... the location is midway between Mojave and Havasu, showers, washdown area, huge ice machine (free), individual units, gated w/key pad access, on site managers and an on site mercruiser certified service mechanic.
They also gave a break if you rented the units for the entire year vs. monthly.

RiverForUs
04-08-2006, 12:02 AM
We have been at Access since it opened a few years back. The only complaint I have is that it's not 24 hours.
There is electrical, and ice. However, get to the ice machine early on the weekends!!! :cool:
..now has unit 106 available! We just moved our stuff into the garage of our house up off McCormick. As said, the only complaint is the lack of 24 hour access. I believe you can't get in after 11 p.m. and no earlier than 5 or 6 a.m. Was told a while back they were considering 24 hrs.
Unit 106 is in the front row facing the office. Nice bathrooms with showers, electric between each unit, water for flushing engine or washing boat, air compressor, big ice machine and filtered water. 3-yard trash bin as well.
Not sure but I remember being told that your gate access code activates/de-activates the alarm for your unit. Punch in your code to get in the gate turns your alarm off. Punch in the code to get out turns your alarm on. Was told not to piggy-back anyone on the way in or out so as not to screw up your alarm settings.
We were also one of the original renters and I love that place and am going to miss it. They also have a portable basketball hoop by the first unit next to the office that the kids used to play basketball while we were loading. The first unit is full of tools and stuff that you're free to use: shop vac, garage floor jack, tools, etc. They even leave the keys in the golf cart so I took the kids for a spin on our last trip there.
Did I mention on-site resident manager?