PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors now being accepted

Backtanner
07-30-2004, 05:07 AM
I have made the decision to share the cost of my boating lifestyle and begin accepting sponsorships in regards to my boat. I do not plan on racing it simply just drive and hang out. For example, if an engine builder such as DNE or similar were to drop ship an engine to me, well then I would be willing to provide space on my trailer for a sticker. This is not just limited to engine builders, I would accept other ‘marketing material’ from other vendors as well. Items such as a diverter nozzle from Place, a rear bench seat from Martinez, or selected items from Rex Marine would each earn a reserved space for a sticker advertising their name. Vendors do not let this opportunity pass you by. This is not a big trailer so space is limited.

Beal Motorsports
07-30-2004, 05:20 AM
Most sponsorships would like more in return. For instance on our capsule hydro we get weekend sponsorships (car dealerships) which pay for our entry fees and loan us a vehicle for the weekend. In return they get 2 weekend tickets and the boat on display on a Friday, plus national TV coverage of their dealership with us annoucing them as a sponsor.
One of our full season sponsors is Mothers Polish. They require a decal of theirs to be displayed in exchange for a few cases of their products. We usually buy a professional photo that shows the boat with the decal that can be read easily and send it to them. We then receive more products. But they still receive national or regional coverage from annoucing them as a sponsor.
Not sure if the "lake boat scene" will have the same attraction but I have given you a few examples. Good luck in your search!

Backtanner
07-30-2004, 05:27 AM
You want more in return? Very well, If you act now I will send you an autographed picture along with placing your image as my avatar thereby giving you immediate national coverage.

Havasu Hangin'
07-30-2004, 05:32 AM
"Recreational boating sponsorship"
I like it. I like it alot.
I have lots of space on my boat and trailer! Also...I have a digital camera, for some "professional" pics...

Beal Motorsports
07-30-2004, 05:34 AM
lol, feel like your falling yet?
I think they would be interested in an event of some kind that attracts boats from all over the state, Like a party on the lake of some sorts.

79miller
07-30-2004, 05:58 AM
This is perfect timing!
I was just about to get started on my new automated drivethrough boatwash at Parker. I will be located on the water and you can just pull your boat through for a quick shine on your way to Fox's. There will be finishing options like Hot wax, Simonize, Crisco, Baby Oil (for the girls), Boones Farm and Coppertone.
I was looking for an advertising medium and I was just filling out the form for the back cover of Hot Boat but I think you might fit my demographic even better. If you still have a 2"x6" spot for my sticker available, I'd like to offer you unlimited boat washes for life.
The all Playmate handwash system is in the design stages and patent pending, hopefully everything will be ready to go by next summer.
Looking forward to doing business!
G

Beal Motorsports
07-30-2004, 06:00 AM
sounds like a good deal.....Better jump on it 'Tanner!

79miller
07-30-2004, 06:00 AM
Wait a minute, you're in Chicago?!?!?
New deal:
I'll also fly you out every weekend. Private Gulfstream....

Screemy1
07-30-2004, 06:36 AM
I am starting a professional hand suntan cream application business... If you place my sticker, I will oil up all the females that are within 100 ft of your boat for free.... The sticker is only the size of a postage stamp... is there room left? :idea:
:

79miller
07-30-2004, 06:39 AM
Do I hear partnership? We might be able to incorporate that into the new handwash system....

Backtanner
07-30-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Screemy1
If you place my sticker, I will oil up all the females that are within 100 ft of your boat for free....
Be careful of what you agree to. This isn't Havasu......

Rexone
07-30-2004, 07:10 AM
Man this is great timing! Just last night I was going through my (40) 55 gallon drums of $100 bills wondering just what the hell am I gonna do with all these.

Backtanner
07-30-2004, 07:17 AM
For you Mike I will reserve enough space for two stickers. Just something to keep in mind. Also I have some garage space avail if you run out of room for your inventory.:)

79miller
07-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Do the same thing I do. Save them for winter and you can light them on fire to roast marshmallows...

superdave013
07-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Beal Motorsports
Most sponsorships would like more in return.
What if his chick flashed them some tit while holding their product in hand? lol
Now if you could get her to hold one of my hoses :) like that I just might think about it. Oh, it would have to be size -16 being held by a hottie that's size -D. :D

Havasu Hangin'
07-30-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
Now if you could get her to hold one of my hoses...
Dave, this is a family site...

79miller
07-30-2004, 10:30 AM
I've been looking for a -16 to -D adapter, do you have those in stock?
How about -16 injector reducer? That way you can fit into the smaller ports....
G!

victorfb
07-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
Man this is great timing! Just last night I was going through my (40) 55 gallon drums of $100 bills wondering just what the hell am I gonna do with all these.
mike, you better get rid of some of those drums of cash. im pretty sure you are only allowed 20 within city limits. i have room at my place for the other 20. i can come by at ANY time to pick them up for you aswell. im just that nice of a guy. :D i dont even mind if they come with a REX sticker on each drum. :p

HalletDave
07-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by victorfb
mike, you better get rid of some of those drums of cash. im pretty sure you are only allowed 20 within city limits. i have room at my place for the other 20. i can come by at ANY time to pick them up for you aswell. im just that nice of a guy. :D i dont even mind if they come with a REX sticker on each drum. :p
Speaking of REX stickers....
Mike,
Can I trade in all my REX Marine stickers for merchandise?;)
And, how come I only got one REX sticker with each of my last two orders? :frown:
I only read the REXONE bashing thread, I did not engage in the melee.:D :D

Danhercules
07-30-2004, 01:04 PM
I will give you 2 coozies if I get my sticker on the deck of the boat, I mean a big sticker!!!!

Beautiful Noise
07-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by HalletDave
Speaking of REX stickers....
Mike,
Can I trade in all my REX Marine stickers for merchandise?;)
I heard that you can trade them in for a New Catalog:rolleyes: :D

HalletDave
07-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
New catalog, hummm, I did not know there was an "old" catalog.:rolleyes: :D

Beautiful Noise
07-30-2004, 01:53 PM
hummm, I did not know there was an "old" catalog.:rolleyes: :D
I can sell you mine,BUT it's kinda Pricey;) :D

HalletDave
07-30-2004, 03:53 PM
I can sell you mine,BUT it's kinda Pricey;) :D
Steve,
Hold on to the catalog, it is already a collectors item.:D

Beautiful Noise
07-30-2004, 04:10 PM
Steve,
Hold on to the catalog, it is already a collectors item.:D
I know thats why I have 2 Copy's;) :D

MudPumper
07-30-2004, 07:58 PM
Just did some searching and all I have to donate is a couple of condoms, slightly used of course. I'll ship them out in the morning.;)

Backtanner
07-31-2004, 02:39 AM
I think that it's a reflex action that everytime "Rex" is mentioned to respond with "Catalog".
Here feel free to use mine Catalog (www.rexmar.com)
If it isn't there then call me at 909-392-7300 and just ask for Bob or Mike.

Hotcrusader76
07-31-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
LMAO...
I'll send him a 20% share of Rex Marine Stickers. I wanted to save them up some more so I could get a Rex Marine T-shirt but I don't know if they are as liquid as I think.:D:D

Rexone
07-31-2004, 03:18 PM
You guys need to hold on to those stickers. Around 2040 those are going to be worth some serious coin. :)