PDA

View Full Version : Hey Roz, gotta TV question

sorry dog
07-30-2004, 06:59 AM
Sorry it's not boat related unless it's showing boat videos, but maybe you can help.
I'm trying to help my father out with a plasma screen purchase. He wants a Pioneer PDP-503 mainly because of looks but I can't figure out for sure if he has to get the pioneer tuner box with that or if the HDTV box that Warner cable brings out will drive it. I recongnized the DVI on the TV but there is another cable there that does something. Also his room constructor wants to know how far the HDTV receiver cable can be run from the TV. Ideal would be 35 foot but I told him that may not work.
The sound will be speakers recessed in the wall driven by a inexpensive theater amp.
Do yall have stores in Houston?

ROZ
07-30-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by sorry dog
Sorry it's not boat related unless it's showing boat videos, but maybe you can help.
I'm trying to help my father out with a plasma screen purchase. He wants a Pioneer PDP-503 mainly because of looks but I can't figure out for sure if he has to get the pioneer tuner box with that or if the HDTV box that Warner cable brings out will drive it. I recongnized the DVI on the TV but there is another cable there that does something. Also his room constructor wants to know how far the HDTV receiver cable can be run from the TV. Ideal would be 35 foot but I told him that may not work.
The sound will be speakers recessed in the wall driven by a inexpensive theater amp.
Do yall have stores in Houston?
As a matter of fect we do have stores in Huston :D
Kirby, Westheimer, FM1960 :confused: , Memorial city, and Katy. Our distribution center is on Roxburgh(77041) ;)
You must be speaking of the PDP5030HD. I don't understand your father having to buy the ebox. They come with the TV, and there is a 35 ft ebox extension cable available. That model is the PDAH02. I think it retails for around 400.00 or so ;)
The HD receiver from your cable company plugs into the tv's ebox, and the proprietary cable runs to the tv eliminating having to run several a/v cables to the tv through the wall. With all of your a/v gear in a remote location, the install is seamless and uncluttered. A universal remote, like the Philips Pronto with RF adaptor, can run the entire system without haveing to run IR sensors somewhere in or around the tv.
I'd say call me with any questions, but our phones are down... Thanks AT&T :mad:

ROZ
07-30-2004, 10:31 AM
:)

1stepcloser
07-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
Our phones are down... Thanks AT&T :mad:
Yeah, I know.;)

sorry dog
08-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info Roz. You are the man.:cool: