PDA

View Full Version : Spam - *Boat For Sale*

BENZEEN
07-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Hey Everyone,
It looks like it is time to sell my baby.
2003 Essex Vortex - $48,500?
-496Mag(375HP)
-120 Hours
-Premium Stereo Setup From Essex
-Extreme Tandem, Swing Away
- 2 Bravo Props
- 5yr extended warranty
- Stored in my Garage and Covered
- 100hr service completed Oct. 2003
The boat is pictured in my signature. That picture is from the Jan '03 issue of Hot Boat. It had a 496HO in it for that test.
I will take some pictures of it this weekend and post them on Monday.
Just a note, if you are looking at a new Vortex, they start at $48,000 with the 350MAG.
-Vik

dicudmore
07-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Good luck to ya Vik....
What ya buying??

K9Blitz
07-30-2004, 12:10 PM
Would you be interested in selling the extra prop?

BENZEEN
07-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
Good luck to ya Vik....
What ya buying??
Property. It is time to spend my money a little more wisely. I figure it is time to use the equity in the house to purchase more property. Eliminating the boat payment and the expenses that go with it(Gas, Lodging) will help with any operating expenses.
Thanks,
Vik

BENZEEN
07-30-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by K9Blitz
Would you be interested in selling the extra prop?
K9,
I think I am going to keep the prop as an added insentive to the buyer. If I change my mind I will let you know. By the way, the props are 24P and 22P B1's.
-Vik

Tab
07-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Where does a guy buy in this environment? Here in So Cal things seem a little peaky now, but then again, I said that 2 years ago(and 3 years ago, and 4......). Just curious where you're looking that still seems to make sense. I'd like to play too but am running scared these days with things as expensive(or inexpensive??) as they seem these days. Good luck. Tab

BENZEEN
07-30-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Tab
Where does a guy buy in this environment? Here in So Cal things seem a little peaky now, but then again, I said that 2 years ago(and 3 years ago, and 4......). Just curious where you're looking that still seems to make sense. I'd like to play too but am running scared these days with things as expensive(or inexpensive??) as they seem these days. Good luck. Tab
I have a couple prospects in Vegas right now. But, your right. It is a bit scary. However, with income property, the rents are so high that it justifies the inflated price. If property prices take a shit, like in the early 90's, then I'm screwed. At that point, everyone renting can afford to by a house, demand for rental space drops, rental income drops, ouch. But, I don't think that will happen. I think the rate of appreciation will slow down. I don't think we are going to see a decline.
Besides, I am tired of waiting. Like you, I have kicked my self enough for not buying earlier.
Thanks,
Vik

TCHB
07-30-2004, 01:53 PM
I have been investing in property for many years and everytime I wish I would have stretched a little further. You should alwasy try to leverage your money and let it work for you. Property has and continues to be a great investment. I am sure it will go down again but as long as the trend continues up you will be ok. Las Vegas is growing and seems like a lot more upside than California.

Tab
07-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Sorry to continue off subject........I was looking at Vegas a year or so ago prices seemed very attractive at the time.....definately some money to be made. Then I got distracted for 6 or 8 months......I'm reading the paper a couple months ago about how real estate values are climbing faster there than in L.A......so I go revisit the properties I was looking at a year ago and...........well let's just say my knee is sore from kicking myself in the ass! Prices increased about 60 to 75% in the last year in that particular development. Do you have something in particular you can share? Thanks, Tab By the way great looking boat. PM me if you like I'm done hijacking this thread.

BENZEEN
07-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Tab,
I dropped you PM.
TCHB,
I PMed you as well. Just had a some questions.