PDA

View Full Version : Gas lines

USMCpfc04
07-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Hey guys i have another question for ya. i have 3 gas tanks one on the left one on the right and one in the front. I'm tryin to figure out what would be the best way to hook them up to the filter and the pump. so basicly what would be the best way to hook up 3 lines into 1?
thanks

75spectra
07-30-2004, 03:35 PM
I use a manual 3-way valve to switch between tanks. There are also electric valves.

HalletDave
07-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by USMCpfc04
Hey guys i have another question for ya. i have 3 gas tanks one on the left one on the right and one in the front. I'm tryin to figure out what would be the best way to hook them up to the filter and the pump. so basicly what would be the best way to hook up 3 lines into 1?
thanks
Do you want all three tanks to draw at the same time or are you planning to use switches?

USMCpfc04
07-30-2004, 03:41 PM
i really dont want to run all three at the same time, so i guess the best way is to use the manual 3 valve switch between tanks?

Hemicbx
07-30-2004, 03:55 PM
You'll really need to run 2 manual 3-way valves. The three way typically has a common port (outlet in our case) and 2 inlets. You'll need one to switch between say the right/left rear tanks, then the outlet of that valve needs to run into the inlet of the second valve, with the other inlet being the front tank. Then you can switch between one of the rears, or the front.
Hemicbx

Hustler
07-30-2004, 04:52 PM
I would'nt even bother with the front tank if you have two side tanks. The front tank is just going to add a bunch of weight to the nose of the boat letting it ride wetter/slower.
Just my thoughts;)