PDA

View Full Version : Blocked Calls?

burtandnancy
07-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Ever since the call blockers went into effect, we've been 99% free of solicitation calls, until now. We've started getting calls from people with a very Indian/Pakistani accent (I think). I've seen on TV how so many jobs are done offshore there, I wonder if the call blocker law applies. Anyone else getting these calls, and if so what is your thinking?

ROZ
07-30-2004, 04:43 PM
I had a conversation today with one of the guys about this. Up until about 3 weeks ago I've had Pakistanis trying to get me to refi !!!!
In my best Indian voice:
" Can I get you a Slurpee and a quick pick with your new mortgage, Mr Roz? Bery good ,sir. Tank you..." :D

Dr. Eagle
07-30-2004, 07:04 PM
If you have had a business dealing of any kind in the last 18 months they are free to call you. That could be "fill this card out for a chance at a free vacation", or your bank or current mortgage company, sears, Best Buy you get the drift.

LASERRAY
07-30-2004, 10:43 PM
Caller Id. is the best investment that you can make for privacy. I haven't talked to a telemarketer in three years.;)

NorCal Gameshow
07-31-2004, 06:47 AM
i doubt our laws apply over there...much like the privacy laws when your tax returns get processed over seas with little things on them like your social security number, w-2's etc. :eek: ....

welk2party
07-31-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
i doubt our laws apply over there...much like the privacy laws when your tax returns get processed over seas with little things on them like your social security number, w-2's etc. :eek: ....
The overseas company themselves are not liable, but the company they are pimpin for in the States is.

Debbolas
07-31-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by titties and beer
when they call i give the the phone to my 3 year old grandson:D
LMAO!!!!:D