PDA

View Full Version : I jacked someone's slip

Kachina26
07-30-2004, 05:59 PM
I took a nice night cruise down to the springs last night and put my boat in one of the courtesy slips. While I was eating dinner someone pulled up in a Hallet with a ski rack on it and slipped their boat near mine. Then they walked up to my boat and started checking it out. I didn't think much of it because it happens alot. Then they start looking really close like they are checking the numbers. My wife got a little nervous, I assured her that we were in a courtesy slip. Well, when I got done with dinner and went down there I discovered that I missed the courtesy slips by 2 slips. So if that was you, sorry. I felt like an ass, just glad they didn't cut my boat loose or worse. Especially with me watching, that woulda got ugly quick. What an awesome night for a ride though. I can't wait to get back to Havasu.

Debbolas
07-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Congrats on you 1600th post!
You slip jacker you!
LOL:D

Dr. Eagle
07-30-2004, 06:02 PM
Talk about double parking....
Help is on the way........ LOL...........

Big_Gunz_
07-30-2004, 06:25 PM
I hate it when that happens. At least the guy was decent enough not to mess with your boat.

LASERRAY
07-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Honest mistake Randy. I sometimes get drunk and accidentally pull-into my neighbor's driveway on occasion. Don't worry about it. It Happens. :rolleyes: :D

hoolign
07-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
I took a nice night cruise down to the springs last night and put my boat in one of the courtesy slips. While I was eating dinner someone pulled up in a Hallet with a ski rack on it and slipped their boat near mine. Then they walked up to my boat and started checking it out. I didn't think much of it because it happens alot. Then they start looking really close like they are checking the numbers. My wife got a little nervous, I assured her that we were in a courtesy slip. Well, when I got done with dinner and went down there I discovered that I missed the courtesy slips by 2 slips. So if that was you, sorry. I felt like an ass, just glad they didn't cut my boat loose or worse. Especially with me watching, that woulda got ugly quick. What an awesome night for a ride though. I can't wait to get back to Havasu.
were you ever pissed!. that was my slip in kelowna B.C :mad:

moneypit
07-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Highjackers, Carjackers...whats the world coming to? Now we have to deal w/ slipjackers..

ratso
07-31-2004, 06:34 AM
I've slipped mine in a few places I shouldn't have myself...:D

HCS
07-31-2004, 07:13 AM
YOU JACK A......j/k.
I wouldn't sweat it. I would think people would be nice enough
to hunt you down.:wink:

ratso
07-31-2004, 07:25 AM
I heard most Kachina owners were like that...:D

Kachina26
07-31-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by ratso
What's that, clueless?

welk2party
07-31-2004, 08:31 AM
I would not sweat it. I have had someone in my slip before and all I did was move their boat to the courtesy slips. They actually came down while I was in the process. I calmy explained what I was doing and they were cool. I was handling their boat as if it were mine as well. I am sure it helped to see that my boat was as nice as theirs.

Debbolas
07-31-2004, 08:36 AM
Hey now!:eek!:;)

ratso
07-31-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Hey now!:eek!:;)
Sorry Deb...I thought yours was just a rental...:D

Kachina26
07-31-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by welk2party
I would not sweat it. I have had someone in my slip before and all I did was move their boat to the courtesy slips. They actually came down while I was in the process. I calmy explained what I was doing and they were cool. I was handling their boat as if it were mine as well. I am sure it helped to see that my boat was as nice as theirs.
I'm just glad they left it, I didn't wanna go down there and get my ass kicked:D

Debbolas
07-31-2004, 08:53 AM
Sorry Deb...I thought yours was just a rental...:D
:eek: H E Y !! N O W !!!
lol;)

HCS
07-31-2004, 08:54 AM
A hey now thread.:D ;)

Debbolas
07-31-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI