PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Help?

Kokopelli
07-31-2004, 09:14 AM
We will be spending a week in Havasu starting Tuesday. We will be staying at the Nautical Inn during the week, then Nautical Estates on the weekend. Since we are Parker people, can we get some info from you Havasu regulars?
1. Cove suggestions? I know about Steamboat, but how about a cove we can hang in for the day if we don't want the crowds?
2. Wakeboarding/tubing areas? It seems downriver would be a good idea. Looking for smoother water.
3. Eating/Drinking? Is the Naked Turtle open?
4. Best way to get to the Sandbar (without damaging our prop)?
Thanks in advance for helping me plan the vacation. We will have the brand-new boat so we are very excited! :p

cc322
07-31-2004, 09:23 AM
Congradulation's on the new boat, if you ever are looking for a place to stay when you are in havasu we just bought a condo in town. It is in the los logos montana vista complex in town. It has all the comforts of home and is fully furnished, with a pool, and a nice lake niew from the patio. It is 2bdrm 1 bth and can sleep 6 thier is another bathroom at the pool if need be. We are renting it for 65.00 a night which is a smokin deal, if you are ever interested you can pm me or you can reach me at 949 347-9697
Craig C

cc322
07-31-2004, 09:27 AM
Sorry for the spam I thought I was pm him:mad:

Kokopelli
07-31-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by cc322
Congradulation's on the new boat, if you ever are looking for a place to stay when you are in havasu we just bought a condo in town. It is in the los logos montana vista complex in town. It has all the comforts of home and is fully furnished, with a pool, and a nice lake niew from the patio. It is 2bdrm 1 bth and can sleep 6 thier is another bathroom at the pool if need be. We are renting it for 65.00 a night which is a smokin deal, if you are ever interested you can pm me or you can reach me at 949 347-9697
Craig C
Damn CC! That is an awesome deal! We already paid for the other places, but I will keep your number for another trip! Thanks!

victorfb
07-31-2004, 09:34 AM
from the nautical inn, launch and head down (left) toward parker. the black meadows area is very nice and the water is normally warm. coves? id say do some exploring. there are some really nice ones all around there. getting to the sand bar and not hitting your prop is allways a concern. (i have jet boats) but id say go after 12 noon. the water should be higher by then. be careful and have some watching if you can. and please be curtious to the low freeboard boats going through the gorge. a little friendly reminder- slowing down next to low freeboard boats that are not under power may actually sink them. keeping up speed and being a safe distance away is by far safer and curtious. alot of people just like to float through that gorgous section of river. have a safe and fun trip.

Kokopelli
07-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by victorfb
from the nautical inn, launch and head down (left) toward parker. the black meadows area is very nice and the water is normally warm. coves? id say do some exploring. there are some really nice ones all around there. getting to the sand bar and not hitting your prop is allways a concern. (i have jet boats) but id say go after 12 noon. the water should be higher by then. be careful and have some watching if you can. and please be curtious to the low freeboard boats going through the gorge. a little friendly reminder- slowing down next to low freeboard boats that are not under power may actually sink them. keeping up speed and being a safe distance away is by far safer and curtious. alot of people just like to float through that gorgous section of river. have a safe and fun trip.
Thanks for the tips! :)

Toomstone
07-31-2004, 11:18 AM
your wakeboarding water is definitely going to be down by black meadow or past there.
the cove that i really like is right past black meadow and less than a half mile past that big water plant thing on the right. its over 20 feet deep until you turn the corner in the back then all you see is weeds. some good jumping rocks are back there also.
havasu springs has great food i think for breakfast at there restaurant and topock marina right past the 40 bridge on the right has good burgers.
we havent had a problem yet with our magic deckboat all summer going to the sandbar. we went up to the sandbar around 1030 2 weeks ago. we were following a guy and i noticed we were going 40 towards the back of a cove. we cut way across the entire area thats shallow going 40 or 45 like i said with no problem. just stay on plane at the mouth of the river and dont freak out when you see yellow water that looks like its a foot deep. i read in another thread that you should stay about 100 yards to the right of the island at the mouth of the river and just stay on plane is the main thing. but if you are really worried just wait for a big deep vee boat to go through and follow them.ive had my boat a year and still follow people if i can. but that time 2 weeks ago we actually had a few people following us after we almost went into the cove.

uncle larry
08-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Welcome To Havasu....
Great place to wake board..
Mothers Bay.. arcoss from site six..on the california side..
small tree in the middle of the cove...
Naked Turtle is open... other places to eat on the water...
new owners at havasu palms.. cal side.. south of copper canyon about 4 miles..
best way to get to the sand bar if you have not gone before...
is to follow someone...
Or call on "Uncle Larry" to show you the way....
during the week steamboat can be pretty empty..
For sure just enjoy......

Kokopelli
08-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by uncle larry
Welcome To Havasu....
Great place to wake board..
Mothers Bay.. arcoss from site six..on the california side..
small tree in the middle of the cove...
Naked Turtle is open... other places to eat on the water...
new owners at havasu palms.. cal side.. south of copper canyon about 4 miles..
best way to get to the sand bar if you have not gone before...
is to follow someone...
Or call on "Uncle Larry" to show you the way....
during the week steamboat can be pretty empty..
For sure just enjoy......
Thank you for the tips! We will definitely be at the Naked Turtle since we are staying at the NI. We will also be stopping by Havasu Palms. Hopefully they still have the "Green Thing".
The only thing I have been apprehensive about for this trip is getting to the sandbar/Gorge. I really don't need to ding the prop on this new boat!
Hopefully we can follow you up!

redneckgirl
08-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Kokopelli
Thank you for the tips! We will definitely be at the Naked Turtle since we are staying at the NI. We will also be stopping by Havasu Palms. Hopefully they still have the "Green Thing".
The only thing I have been apprehensive about for this trip is getting to the sandbar/Gorge. I really don't need to ding the prop on this new boat!
Hopefully we can follow you up!
We were rookies going to the sb/topac... If you are sceptical(sp??) about going up river... at the mouth of the river when the water turns brown putt trough it... we did the first time... and followed several big boat after that above plane...50+... just stay to the middle and toward the left...when in the river stay to the outside of the river... the only shallow parts are at the mouth of the river and stay to the AZ side of the sandbar... after that we had no problem just stay to the middle... we ran to Topac twice the first time following a 29' Shockwave!!! We had no problems... if you have ??? PM me!!! Have fun and be safe our SW friend... Steamboat is a blast!!! the best water for water sports is down by Havasu Springs... Good Luck
RNG