PDA

View Full Version : Good boat guy in Havasu?

clownpuncher
04-07-2006, 12:02 PM
I need to take my boat in for a little maintenance that I just don't have time to do myself.
Need to run the valves (solid lifters), fix a leak, find a short in my fuel sender/gauge etc.
Who are the good engine guys in Havi for this. I heard the name Aaron but not sure where he is or if works on customs motors.
I'd normally take it back to my builder in HB but I'd rather not tow it all the way to OC and back. Boat's in Parker now.
Thanks in advance
ROC

Mrs.Racer277
04-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Try Lance Oster 928-486-8637 :)

jbtrailerjim
04-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Absolute Speed and Marine
1607 Industrial Boulevard
Lake Havasu City AZ 86403
Tel: 928-855-2252
Aaron
I've never been to him but everyone on here that has, likes him and raves about the good service he provides.

SHADOW23
04-07-2006, 12:25 PM
Aaron is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frdvschvy
04-07-2006, 12:43 PM
I have always had great experiences with Savage Marine in Lake Havasu, but I hear great things about Aaron at Absolute.

INSman
04-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Try Lance Oster 928-486-8637 :)
Is this Debbie Oster's husband ?? Must be, too much of a coincidence :)

Mrs.Racer277
04-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Is this Debbie Oster's husband ?? Must be, too much of a coincidence :)
Yes it is. :)

LLGirl
04-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I second Mrsracer277. Just had him do work for us. Turned out great. Fair prices and awesome work.
Mr.

clownpuncher
04-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Where's this Oster guy? I really need someone that KNOWS stout engines. I don't have a race motor by any means, but, still need whoever works on it is really experienced in the high perf motor field. (Not sayin he doesn't know high perf motors, I have no idea either way :) )I'll have to keep him in mind for future stuff.
Aaron at Absolute is the guy I couldn't think of earlier. Hope he's not too busy and I can get my boat back in a week or so.
Thanks for all the replies and leads.
ROC

Phat Matt
04-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I use Savage. Other people use Aaron. They are a block away from each other.

Kachina26
04-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Aaron was good to me, (that's coming from a guy that has NEVER paid anyone to work on his stuff). I've met Lance, and he seems to be a hell of a guy too.

JustDawn
04-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Lance has done some motor work on our blown Eliminator...great guy,knows his stuff..very reasonable.
Aaron at Absolute is awesome...the only problem is he is so good that the guy is pretty much always swamped... either way you go you won't be sorry :)

Kilrtoy
04-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Savage is who we have always used and will continue to use
Absolute is also the other person I would trust....
can go wrong with either

Mrs.Racer277
04-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Where's this Oster guy? I really need someone that KNOWS stout engines. I don't have a race motor by any means, but, still need whoever works on it is really experienced in the high perf motor field. (Not sayin he doesn't know high perf motors, I have no idea either way :) )I'll have to keep him in mind for future stuff.
Aaron at Absolute is the guy I couldn't think of earlier. Hope he's not too busy and I can get my boat back in a week or so.
ROC
He is in Havi. Lives there. Also works for Elim. He knows high performance stuff. Give him a call.

shadow
04-07-2006, 08:50 PM
ROC
Aaron is very familiar with High performance engines.Just weatched him insatlled 2 blower motors in a 28 Daytona the past couple of days.Just installed 2 1550hp motors in Bobbits Skater and has Roger Bourgets Skater in line.
Absolute 928-855-2252
Nice thing is he won't mother **** you to your face or behind your back if you go elsewhere to have something else done later or to buy parts.

voodoomedman
04-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Aaron is very familiar with High performance engines.Just weatched him insatlled 2 blower motors in a 28 Daytona the past couple of days.Just installed 2 1550hp motors in Bobbits Skater and has Roger Bourgets Skater in line.
Absolute 928-855-2252
Nice thing is he won't mother **** you to your face or behind your back if you go elsewhere to have something else done later or to buy parts.
This guy takes care of everybody. I have him do my annuals and hopefully that is all I'll ever have to him do. A couple of months ago I make an appointment and I drop the boat off and when I show up to pick it up, not only is it done on time as usual (actually before promised), all his guys were busy on other boats so Aaron jumped in and did my work himself. I mean some dudes would just make me wait or whatever as the high dollar motors are being worked on but he jumps in and does the little stuff to make sure his committments are met. May not seem like much to some other guys but those few hundreds dollars are hard earned by me so I'm only too happy that if I have to give it to someone else that it is hard and well earned as I recycle it.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Aaron and Absolute are the BEST! Whether you've got a 40+ Skater with twin 1550's or a 21 ft open bow you will be treated the same.

voodoomedman
04-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Aaron and Absolute are the BEST! Whether you've got a 40+ Skater with twin 1550's or a 21 ft open bow you will be treated the same.
Damn it took me a novel to say what you said in two sentences!!!!!

Focker
04-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Absolute 928-855-2252
HEY

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Aaron who ?
Hehehehehe!!!
Well....He's just now pulling into Vegas to spend some quality time with Cheryl......w/o the kids.....
So he wont be around tomorrow.......
Have fun Aaron & Cheryl !!!!
Later,
CJG
:)