nowheels
08-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Trying to decide which diverter to get...please help:confused:

nowheels
08-01-2004, 04:12 PM
I guess nobody runs 1

Duane HTP
08-01-2004, 04:14 PM
American Turbine! by far. I sell most all brands and they are my first pick every time. They are durable, the paint stays on them, they come with a nozzle insert at no extra cost, they have a large degree movement, they WORK! of course if you buy the best, it will take an extra $ or two. But, it's worth it in this case.

Mohavekid
08-01-2004, 04:20 PM
I've only had direct experience with an elictrically activated Jet-O-Vater from Berkekley as well as both a manual and hydraulic Place Diverter.
I like the hydraulic PD the best. Manual PD was a pain to adjust and I hated having to reach down for the handle. The Electric actuator on the Jet-O-Vater was always blowing fuses and the funky linkage set-up was always having problems.

Unchained
08-01-2004, 04:44 PM
I've had a few Place diverters and switched to an American Turbine.
The American Turbine is a better unit by design.
The Teflon O ring seal is on the outside of the knuckle instead of the inside like the Place unit.
A lot less prone to leaks at the knuckle.

GlastronGuy
08-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by nowheels
I guess nobody runs 1
You give it an hour and three minutes on a weekend then come back with a smart ass reply?

nowheels
08-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
You give it an hour and three minutes on a weekend then come back with a smart ass reply?
No need to get your thong in a not...
Actually I gave it 34 views without a reply before I came back with the smart ass reply:D

berk
08-01-2004, 05:33 PM
has anyone seen a manual hydraulic diverter? in other words manual lever but hydraulic actuation? seems like it would be more durable and accurate over cable designs. also on the AT it looks like the nozzle has a lip for the reverse chute that would hang up on water if a droop was used. i thought this was one of the trick features on the PD, having the flat spot forward of the actual reverse exit chute lets water glide past. thoughts?

ChetCapoli
08-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by nowheels
Trying to decide which diverter to get...please help:confused:
the aggressor diverter gets my vote..comes with all the options as standard and is the best priced to boot last i knew. Place is nice but overpriced and all the "extras" cost big bucks. Thought the turbine one took a different nozzle housing which you have to buy extra. They are really overpriced to begin with. Seems everything is "extra" now a days. :rolleyes:
chet

Taylorman
08-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
the aggressor diverter gets my vote..comes with all the options as standard and is the best priced to boot last i knew. Place is nice but overpriced and all the "extras" cost big bucks. Thought the turbine one took a different nozzle housing which you have to buy extra. They are really overpriced to begin with. Seems everything is "extra" now a days. :rolleyes:
chet
They are not really overpriced, the are $50 more than the place but the come with a rudder and FTN. It does require a split bowl to bolt to since it comes with its own nozzle housing, but its not extra.

Heatseeker
08-01-2004, 07:35 PM
I've always run a Place. It works fine for what I do with the boat.
The best roosts I've seen are always from jetovators. They really can throw the water up(the houseboat in this pic is 55 feet long!):
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/230crush6565-med.bmp
Too bad they have that funky linkage going on.

nowheels
08-03-2004, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the info, they all seem to be good. Does anybody know where I can get any of the brands mentioned that will fit a dominator pump?

XClutchboy725
08-03-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
chet
Of course, your opinion no longer counts, as you are now SANS boat!

Squirtcha?
08-03-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by XClutchboy725
Of course, your opinion no longer counts, as you are now SANS boat!
Phunny Jeff...................
I coulda swore he bid us all a fond farewell?:confused:
Originally posted by Heatseeker
The best roosts I've seen are always from jetovators.
I'd have to agree with this statement. My old (slightly modified) jetovator would outroost my new PD by a ton!

likeFATHERlikeSON3
08-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Heatseeker
I've always run a Place. It works fine for what I do with the boat.
The best roosts I've seen are always from jetovators. They really can throw the water up(the houseboat in this pic is 55 feet long!):
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/230crush6565-med.bmp
Too bad they have that funky linkage going on.
Hey thats me:D

sleekvino
08-03-2004, 11:22 AM
i run a manual diverter paid 575.99 from cp .the kit inculded every thing you need to hook it up.when im hammer down and nozzle up it shoots about 70 ft or so depends on the wind.makes a huge differnce over all plus gained 2 mph on the top end.

nowheels
08-05-2004, 04:26 PM
Where can I get the American Turbine or others 4 that matter?

Heatseeker
08-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Hey thats me:D
In your daddy's jet! :p

Cheap Thrills
08-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Phunny Jeff...................
I coulda swore he bid us all a fond farewell?:confused:
I'd have to agree with this statement. My old (slightly modified) jetovator would outroost my new PD by a ton!
What kind of mods did you do to your Jetovator ?
I was thinking of knotching the housing a wee bit to give it a little more up.
The top pic is before the jetovator .
The bottom pic on my sig is jetovater full up.
It made a major difference in speed and handling .
Between it and a few other mods I picked up a good 10 + mph easy .
C.T. :wink:

Mohavekid
08-05-2004, 08:52 PM
You can notch some of the stop away on the Jet-O-Vater to get more roost. Just don't go so far as to allow the teflon O ring to get pinched or blown out.
I notched the Jet- O-Vater on my old Challenger hull and went from having a roost like your last pic, to a HUGE wall of water.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-06-2004, 04:05 AM
the largest roost at the roost fest this year came from a place diverter. althought it also has a SNOOT and 4 degree of wedge :eek!: see examples below.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523texas_jet_bridge_hoseing-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523texasjet-med.jpg
now that bridge in the first pic is probably a good 30 ft off the water just for reference. :devil: the bridge in the second pic was much lower :p
Omega

ChetCapoli
08-06-2004, 05:07 AM
the largest roost at the roost fest this year came from a place diverter. althought it also has a SNOOT and 4 degree of wedge :eek!: see examples below.
Omega
Looks like one more reason to go get a snoot! :rolleyes:
CHET

Squirtcha?
08-06-2004, 05:21 AM
What kind of mods did you do to your Jetovator ?
I was thinking of knotching the housing a wee bit to give it a little more up.
The top pic is before the jetovator .
The bottom pic on my sig is jetovater full up.
It made a major difference in speed and handling .
Between it and a few other mods I picked up a good 10 + mph easy .
Don't notch the housing. Cut the stop back.
http://www.homestead.com/jetboat/files/upstop.JPG
Probably the single most important thing is to adjust the cable so the unit is able to reach the full up position.
Here's how you can check it. Put the handle full forward (up position). Check to see if the jetovator's stop is contacting the housing. If not it needs to be adjusted.
You can adjust it by loosening the bolt on the collar that fits around the steering tube. Manually raise the nozzle as high as it will go (the stop should be making contact with housing) and block the nozzle there using a jack, piece of wood, or I used to use a milk crate. Go back to the collar on the steering tube and gently tap it back towards the transom until it won't move any more. Snug up the bolt, then remove whatever you propped the nozzle up with and run the handle through it's full range of motion. The stop should make contact with the housing now (or very close to it).

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-06-2004, 05:32 AM
Looks like one more reason to go get a snoot! :rolleyes:
CHET
can't beat a free plug for HTP every now and then :p I have been thinking about getting a hi-tech performance tatoo. :eek: what do you think chet? over the top a little :cool:
Omega

Taylorman
08-06-2004, 06:20 AM
I've been thinking of getting a CHET tatoo. What do you think Omega.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-06-2004, 07:43 AM
I've been thinking of getting a CHET tatoo. What do you think Omega.
just make sure you get it on your @ss for reasons obvious :D
Omega

kp216
08-06-2004, 10:53 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523texas_jet_bridge_hoseing-med.jpg Omega
I can vouch for that rooster! :eek!: And if you don't believe me or Omega, just ask those bikers that made the mistake of stopping on the bridge to watch us. :D

kp216
08-06-2004, 10:56 AM
just make sure you get it on your @ss for reasons obvious :D
Omega
http://www.conservationcafe.com/graemlins/rotfl.gif http://www.conservationcafe.com/graemlins/rotfl.gif http://www.conservationcafe.com/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Taylorman
08-06-2004, 11:52 AM
I can vouch for that rooster! :eek!: And if you don't believe me or Omega, just ask those bikers that made the mistake of stopping on the bridge to watch us. :D
What kind of diverter was it?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-06-2004, 12:05 PM
What kind of diverter was it?
PLACE DIVERTER with a SNOOT and 4 degree wedge. it will throw a hell of a rooster tail that you would have to see to believe. I'm telling you next time you are in Houston and we will hit lake Somerville where you can see it in person.
Omega

Taylorman
08-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Is that Jeffs boat?
Sorry i missed you this weekend. I should have called earlier. I would have come meet ya'll instead of sitting around with my inlaws with my thumb up my ass all weekend.

Cheap Thrills
08-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Don't notch the housing. Cut the stop back.
http://www.homestead.com/jetboat/files/upstop.JPG
Probably the single most important thing is to adjust the cable so the unit is able to reach the full up position.
Here's how you can check it. Put the handle full forward (up position). Check to see if the jetovator's stop is contacting the housing. If not it needs to be adjusted.
You can adjust it by loosening the bolt on the collar that fits around the steering tube. Manually raise the nozzle as high as it will go (the stop should be making contact with housing) and block the nozzle there using a jack, piece of wood, or I used to use a milk crate. Go back to the collar on the steering tube and gently tap it back towards the transom until it won't move any more. Snug up the bolt, then remove whatever you propped the nozzle up with and run the handle through it's full range of motion. The stop should make contact with the housing now (or very close to it).
Good deal :D Thanks for the info Squirtcha?
I am definately getting full travel . it's a Hardin electric actuator . I can run it until the cable binds both ways .
Another thing that concirned me while assembling and installing this unit is , that it didn't have the teflon O-ring seal(s) like my original Berkley did . It wasn't apparrent that it had ever had any.
Even though I questioning the lack of seals , I went ahead and installed it like it is . the next rainy weekend I'll disassemble it and see if theres enough shoulder there to machine a groove for one ( two).
I would bet I'de see another major difference if I could direct all that blowby through the nozzle.
Does anyone know if they made a model that didnt have the Teflon seals ?
anyhoo sorry for the HiJack

Squirtcha?
08-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Don't know if they made some without. All I know is mine had one, because I had to replace it. In fact I had to drill and tap some small stainless steel bolts into the nozzle to prevent it from swinging too far left and right. Before putting the stops (bolts) on it, it would go so far, it would spit the ring out.
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/sidestop1t.jpg
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/sidestop2t.jpg
Sorry to rehash information that you were already aware of.

Cheap Thrills
08-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Sorry to rehash information that you were already aware of.
N.P. sometimes I need reminding , seems like it's the only way I can learn anything lately.
now if I could just find my hack saw and a sharp blade Ive got a dozen dull ones . Heyyyy :idea: got my die grinder and a wonder wheel !! I'm in businesssssss:D
Thanks for the input on the mods .
C'Ya .

mgar_red
08-06-2004, 03:39 PM
The older F nozzles didn't have one, at least the one I put on my E pump didn't. No groove. Is there an adapter or jig available to use w/ a die grinder to uniformly cut a groove?

Duane HTP
08-06-2004, 05:44 PM
We machine the groove into them for $25.00 if you send it to us.

TexasJet
08-07-2004, 11:13 AM
TAYLORMAN :) Yes, that is Jeff's boat. Call next time your in town.