PDA

View Full Version : At Last!!!!

mickeyfinn
08-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Finally, after sitting in the backyard the Hondo is back on the water. Took it out for the first trip this evening. Everything ran great except for a little problem idling. Engine loads up and dies if it idles below 900 for more than a couple of seconds. Don't have any ideas of speed yet, trying to break engine in so I kept it under 4000 the whole time. Now just need a prop 11 x 16 or
11 1/4 x 16 so I can get rid of the slow ski wheel. (gotta be cheap though, wife about to cut off funds:D :confused:
Thanks to everyone who has offered advice. Got to talk to several good people and visited Paul Fitzgerald in Charlotte to get the drive looked over real good. He is a great guy and offered a lot of advice while I was there. Will try to post some pics later this week on the water.

DaveA
08-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Congratulations!
Again, I was too late getting by Paul's last week to meet you. Glad you got it back in the water. Pics are a must!
DaveA

mickeyfinn
08-01-2004, 06:23 PM
Paul seemed like a great guy. Was hoping you would make it by before I left, but I was trying to beat rush hour on the way out so left as soon as I could. Maybe we should try and get some folks from Ga and the Carolinas to meet somewhere central. Lake Hartwell is close to halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte I think Oh well, sure is good to be back on the water.

mickeyfinn
08-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Still looking for a prop.

BILLY.B
08-03-2004, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by mickeyfinn
Still looking for a prop. I know Paul has a few, unless your engine is in backwards :D :D. Call Paul "FRENCHIE", he'll know where it came from.

mickeyfinn
08-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Thanks,
I asked him while I was there and yes it is in "backward". Frenchie huh? Guess next time I talk to him I'll have to see how he reacts....Took it out for the second time today. Still needs a little carb tweaking but ran an honest 62 with a 3 blade 12 x 14 on it that was beat up.