PDA

View Full Version : Boat Cop...

BILLY.B
08-02-2004, 06:09 AM
Seeing as your a Nascar fan what do you think about Mesa Marin Speedway in Bakersfield???. Have you ever been there???. Well there considering closeing it down unless Marion Collins (owner) can come up with $50,000 to put up a sound barrier due to the new housing development's that have gone up around the track. Now you know my take on this I say BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!:mad: . They knew when they bought the ***king house that the track was there and there would be racing on Saturday night's. You know what point i'm making. I fully understand that noise is a problem, but this is getting ridiculous. You buy a home next to a race track or on the "RIVER" you know what your gonna get....."NOISE"!!!!.

MagicMtnDan
08-02-2004, 06:14 AM
Of course they should threaten the owner and make him build a sound wall :rolleyes: - just like all the people who buy homes near an airport and then demand the airport be closed down! :rolleyes: :mad:

UBFJ #454
08-02-2004, 06:26 AM
Those new housing developments are also starting to complain about the NJBA Races at Lake Ming ... Just have to see how it all unfolds in terms of the County.

68campbell
08-02-2004, 06:35 AM
I race at Santa Maria Speedway and they have a max. db level. I know my car will run alot faster uncorked but if it keeps me racing I'll not complain. Marine stadium has the same issues. Mesa Marin needs to come up with a solution similar to that. The racers do not have the resources that these developers do. There best option is to try and find a happy medium or the track will get shut down, $50k or not.
Just my .02ยข

Racer277
08-02-2004, 06:37 AM
Yeah isn't it great. I can buy a house next to a racetrack/airport/mxpark for a deal because it's next to a racetrack/airport/mxpark. Then I complain enough that some pussy gov't official closes it down (he never liked those kinds of people anyway). Now I have instant equity. Maybe I should even require the old owner to pay for a nice park/golf course!
In a few years I'll complain to the city council that there is nothing for my kids and my family to do in town. Yeah, this makes sense.

HighRoller
08-02-2004, 06:39 AM
This is old news. I'm against the piss ant homeowners, but the Collins family can easily afford 50K..and if they say they can't, it won't break my heart. Marion Collins is an Ahole and he has screwed more people than a 20 dollar hooker at that track. He allows illegal midweek test sessions for his buddies and his sons so I'm glad he's receiving the screwing this time.
But what is a sound wall going to do anyways? That track is already in a bowl surrounded by the stands so what else can they do? The sound radiates out of it no matter what. On a calm summer night you can hear that place for five miles!

HCS
08-02-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
Seeing as your a Nascar fan what do you think about Mesa Marin Speedway in Bakersfield???. Have you ever been there???. Well there considering closeing it down unless Marion Collins (owner) can come up with $50,000 to put up a sound barrier due to the new housing development's that have gone up around the track. Now you know my take on this I say BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!:mad: . They knew when they bought the ***king house that the track was there and there would be racing on Saturday night's. You know what point i'm making. I fully understand that noise is a problem, but this is getting ridiculous. You buy a home next to a race track or on the "RIVER" you know what your gonna get....."NOISE"!!!!.
There's a local speedway in my area that has been here for I'd
say about 40+ years maybe 50.
Well guess what? They built new homes around the speedway.
So now they have to run with mufflers and the race has to be
over before 10:30pm or something like that.
It's total bullshit.
Where having the same problem with our airport also.
There re-directing the flight path of the planes to accomdodate
the people that have bought homes around the airport.
They were whining about jet noise.

Boatcop
08-02-2004, 08:57 AM
I've said it before, when it comes to noise levels on the River and race tracks you're comparing apples and oranges.
Race tracks are a legal operation. People moving next to them know what they're getting into, and have no right to complain about the noise.
In order to have their peace and quiet they have to change zoning (ie. the law) to have them closed down. If they can't change the law, they have to put up with the noise.
Excessive noise is already AGAINST THE LAW! And people have the right to make police enforce the laws.
If you want relaxed noise levels, change the law.

HCS
08-02-2004, 09:24 AM
People could buy ear plugs.:D

Kilrtoy
08-02-2004, 10:09 AM
He should sue the homebuilder for failing to properly survey the land, for suitable housing.......
BULLSHIT....:mad:

uclahater
08-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Boat Cop I think the point Billy is trying to make is that the Noise was there way before the houses :cool: People who bought a house there should expect that since it was already there:idea2:
These people are ruining everything everywhere and its Bull Shit
:mad: :mad: I think were all aware of what the law is, but that doesnt meen we have to agree with it or like it:yuk:
Just my useless .02

WILDERTHANU
08-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Ya know Billy this nonsense doesnt suprise me. Its just all to common these days. My Dad and I cant gripe enough about the parker situation. Or what goes on with fariplex and the city of La Verne. I used to love to run our '56 @ the street legals, ya that got shut down. Or how bout La Verne getting them to shut down all entrance through gate 15, now we have to drive to the top lot, when for all my life we could walk in right from downtown. Here is the killer, they built a great moto-x track in the infeild of the horse track, worked out great for all of us.... palce was packed.....silencers were required.....they even checked you for decibels at the gate.....and the city shut it down due to NOISE!!! Im over it!!!
Boatcop, do you really feel a boat with dry headers is a threat??? Give us a break!!! Oh wait.....its our money......wait....wait, I meant its the law...ya...thats it!!

Kilrtoy
08-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Boatcop, do you really feel a boat with dry headers is a threat??? Give us a break!!! Oh wait.....its our money......wait....wait, I meant its the law...ya...thats it!!
That is uncalled for.
Alan simple explains the laws that are on the books, he never said he agrees with them or even supports them.
But that is his job to enforce them, when his boss says you will do this, Im sure he listens. AS WOULD YOU.....

WILDERTHANU
08-02-2004, 05:41 PM
I DONT HAVE TO AGREE WITH IT....I THINK ITS HORSESHIT IMO!!!

BILLY.B
08-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
That is uncalled for.
Alan simple explains the laws that are on the books, he never said he agrees with them or even supports them.
But that is his job to enforce them, when his boss says you will do this, Im sure he listens. AS WOULD YOU..... This thread wasn't intended to bust Alan over the noise issue. I realize that Alan has a very difficult job to do and wouldn't want to be in his shoe's for a second. But these noise limitation's are getting ridiculous. Hell I bought a little home compressor for some home improvement and low and behold there was a sticker telling me the dBA on this little machine is 92. WOW, if they can't make a compressor that will pass the dBA meter how are we suppossed to make a boat do it?. Now does that mean I can't use this for fear of it being "IMPOUNDED" ????. Where does it stop?. Will my neighbor call the cop's?. It's all BULLSHIT!!!!. And as far as changing the law i'm sure there's alot of "GREASED PALM'S" that would stop it anyway......UNLE$$$$$$ we could get Arnorld to step up to a HOT BOAT!!!!!:D :D

sam pioske
08-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Add the SFO airport the the dumb people move next to an airport "that been there years" deal, Milbrae Complainers

WILDERTHANU
08-02-2004, 08:24 PM
NOT TRYING TO GIVE ALAN A HARD TIME, JUST HAVE TO STATE MY OPINION.....THIS CRACK DOWN IS AFFECTING US THAT STILL ENJOY PARKER!!! :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
08-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by WILDERTHANU
NOT TRYING TO GIVE ALAN A HARD TIME, JUST HAVE TO STATE MY OPINION.....THIS CRACK DOWN IS AFFECTING US THAT STILL ENJOY PARKER!!! :rolleyes:
I AGREE, this noise crack down is BULLSHIT.....

Rexone
08-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Ya know Billy this nonsense doesnt suprise me. Its just all to common these days. My Dad and I cant gripe enough about the parker situation. Or what goes on with fariplex and the city of La Verne. I used to love to run our '56 @ the street legals, ya that got shut down. Or how bout La Verne getting them to shut down all entrance through gate 15, now we have to drive to the top lot, when for all my life we could walk in right from downtown. Here is the killer, they built a great moto-x track in the infeild of the horse track, worked out great for all of us.... palce was packed.....silencers were required.....they even checked you for decibels at the gate.....and the city shut it down due to NOISE!!! Im over it!!!
Hey Wilder what's with the lower case bullshit? can hardly hear you lately.

Jrocket
08-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Im totally blown away with this...He found the "CAPS LOCK" button!

wsuwrhr
08-02-2004, 09:39 PM
I feel the same way Billy. We race at that track. I wrote my emails and sent letters. I can give you the address if you are interested.
I didn't know you even had any interest.
Brian

WILDERTHANU
08-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
Hey Wilder what's with the lower case bullshit? can hardly hear you lately.
HERE YA GO MIKE!!!!!!:p :p :p :p

Bense468
08-02-2004, 10:19 PM
HERE YA GO MIKE!!!!!!:p :p :p :p
Your slippin.
Oh yeah...Loud Pipes Save Lives

RiverDave
08-03-2004, 08:05 AM
Even if everybody banded together wrote letters and kissed political ass.. and we'll say that by some Miracle you got the legislature in AZ changed to some higher more reasonable decibel level.
Some San Bernadino prick could still right you a ticket on Parker Strip..
It's an impossible situation becuase your never getting shit reversed in California.
RD

HighRoller
08-03-2004, 12:05 PM
For whoever complained about having to run mufflers, it's been that way for a long time. They have also had decibel meters outside the track for a long time too. I personally find nothing wrong with forcing people to comply with noise restrictions. Hell, if a 410 CI Sprint Car can meet the guidelines, why can't a stock car with more exhaust tubing? Plus, it's much easier to work around those things when they are muffled. Ever hear how F$%ing loud a Winston Cup car is?