PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Tanks??

JET-O-VATOR
08-02-2004, 06:44 AM
AS MOST OF YOU KNOW MY BOAT IS HAVING PROBLEMS AIRING OUT... COULD THE FUEL TANKS BE MOUNTED TO FAR FORWARD??? THEY START AT THE END OF MY BACK SEAT AND RUN THE WHOLE LENGTH OF THE SEATING AREA....... AND THEY ARE THESE HOMEBUILT THINGS THAT A PREVIOUS OWNER BUILT... THEY ARE NICE BUT BULKY..... THE REASON I ASK IS BECAUSE YESTERDAY I WAS CRUISIN THE RIVER AND HAD FULL ROOST... I HAD ABOUT AT A 1/4 TANK IN BOTH TANKS AND WAS CRUISING AT ABOUT 3500 RPM AND THE BOW WAS HOPPING UP AND DOWN..... AND I DROPPED THE JET-O-VATOR A LITTLE BIT AND MADE A 5 GRAND PASS AND IT SEEMED TO DANCE A LITTLE BIT MORE THAN BEFORE. AND I WAS IN ALMOST GLASS WATER... ANYONE HAVE ANY OPPIONS??

JET-O-VATOR
08-02-2004, 07:59 AM
ANYONE ANYONE??? BUELLER BUELLER

BrendellaJet
08-02-2004, 08:09 AM
what condition is your pump in? How much power. With a stock set up dont expect to air it out like some of the big horsepower deals do around here. If the pump is solid, and the boat is still porpoising, you need more HP to power through it.

BrendellaJet
08-02-2004, 08:18 AM
Also: Tank placement is a concern, but not much of one with only a little fuel...
And in glass, your boat is gonna stick. That hull rides better in a little chop.

JET-O-VATOR
08-02-2004, 08:56 AM
YEA BUT LOOK HOW BAD MINE IS STUCK STUCK (http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=798900)

BrendellaJet
08-02-2004, 09:17 AM
water looks pretty choppy there. Thats probably why. The boat wont take a set in chop, lots of the bottom gets used then... In less chop it will air out more easily, but like I said with a stock set up, you will need more HP to get the nose up. Try GPS ing it in chop and in glass...you should see a noticeable difference.

superdave013
08-02-2004, 09:19 AM
ever put a straight edge along the bottom? Might have hook in it.

JET-O-VATOR
08-02-2004, 09:27 AM
I DID STRAIGHT EDGE IT I DIDNT FIND ANY THING BUT I WAS KINDA LOST UNDER THERE BUT THE STRAIGHT EDGE WAS FLAT UNDER THERE.. I DUNNO I GUESS ILL LOOK AGAIN THO