PDA

View Full Version : Billet Boyz USA Worth the wait, oh yeah.

KACHINA KEN
08-02-2004, 09:28 AM
There is something really cool about seeing something before your friends do, first instinct is to go I saw it first NYAH, NYAH, NYAH, but I'll save it for now.
I went out to Lake Pleasant for some local action this weekend and ran into MAGIC34 and his wife out for a putter in his lil kitty, we tied up out at Humbug and he called me over to his, said he wanted to show me something. He pulled out the sickest grills I have ever seen with features I want to tell you about but was threatened with a painful death if I revealed. Lets just say the finished product is show quality, like trick ass show quality. There are no others like it, he told me that one competitor has already snatched one feature that he revealed so thats why it's all on lockdown now. But trust me it will be worth the wait.

essexjet
08-02-2004, 09:30 AM
Already have an order for a pair of 6x9 covers. Cant want until in get them.:)

RiverDave
08-02-2004, 09:31 AM
They should be pretty cool when he's done with them.. :) I've talked to him at great lengths on the phone about some of his different design incorporations. He definatley has an ear to the ground when it comes to what people want as he's taken alot of input from right here on the boards. I probably won't ever have a set of those speaker grills in my boat, but if I was going to they'd most likely be his.
RD

KACHINA KEN
08-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
They should be pretty cool when he's done with them.. :) I've talked to him at great lengths on the phone about some of his different design incorporations. He definatley has an ear to the ground when it comes to what people want as he's taken alot of input from right here on the boards. I probably won't ever have a set of those speaker grills in my boat, but if I was going to they'd most likely be his.
RD
Yeah and there are other products too, it really blows that I can't spew the goodies but I tell ya what, it's stuff that my boat really needs to set it off y'know. Theres just something about taking a block of metal and turning it into a work of art, thats what it is, art for your boat:rolleyes:

KACHINA KEN
08-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I probably won't ever have a set of those speaker grills in my boat, but if I was going to they'd most likely be his.
RD
You never know Dave, you have alot of friends here, and you have a birthday like everyone else right?:idea: :idea:

essexjet
08-02-2004, 09:42 AM
KACHINA KEN
Did you see the set the michele is make for me? 6x9 flames with I believe white mesh screen behind it.

KACHINA KEN
08-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by essexjet
KACHINA KEN
Did you see the set the michele is make for me? 6x9 flames with I believe white mesh screen behind it.
SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! The walls have ears........
I saw nothing, I heard nothing, I know nothing

riverbound
08-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Did he at least take the billet boyz tagging off of them? From what I have seen they seem like they will be pretty cool.

essexjet
08-02-2004, 09:49 AM
From what he told me over the phone, they sound really nice (too say the least). But for the price he is selling them for, can't beat it!

One Particular Harbor
08-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Any idea when the website is going to be up or does someone have contact information? I need to replace some speaker grills and I might want to step up to the billet covers and do it once and for all. Also, any idea on pricing for 6.5"?
Thanks,
OPH

essexjet
08-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Hold on One Particular Harbor I will PM you with the info

KACHINA KEN
08-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by riverbound
Did he at least take the billet boyz tagging off of them? From what I have seen they seem like they will be pretty cool.
yup

RiverDave
08-02-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by riverbound
I'm not 100% sure but I believe he did take that logo off. Or I think he'll do it either way you want?
He's a pretty cool guy to deal with all n all, been nothing but stand up with me. :)
RD

KACHINA KEN
08-02-2004, 07:13 PM
Bumpity bump

Dr. Eagle
08-02-2004, 07:51 PM
:D

Scream
08-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Ok, I have safety concerns...mainly because of my past and sharp objects, but how safe are the new fangled billet grilles? I looked at some online and my only thought was of how much blood I'd have to get out of my boat at the end of the day...
Lookin for the 411 here, cause I think they'd look bitchen on my boat.

ROZ
08-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by essexjet
From what he told me over the phone, they sound really nice (too say the least). But for the price he is selling them for, can't beat it! That's the kicker(no pun intenede RD ;)). I don't know if the quality of product can be beat within the competitive price range he's shooting for. Very entheusiastic person over the phone, I must say. He seems to be onto something... :) ;) :D

KACHINA KEN
08-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Scream
Ok, I have safety concerns...mainly because of my past and sharp objects, but how safe are the new fangled billet grilles? I looked at some online and my only thought was of how much blood I'd have to get out of my boat at the end of the day...
Lookin for the 411 here, cause I think they'd look bitchen on my boat.
Flames or tribal stuff from anyone will pose a threat if there are points, the problem with safety hazards on boats I found is that if you don't give your speech (and you all know what i am talking about) sure enough something happens. If you dont tell em you just put 303 on the engine hatch they slip and bust ass etc.... so you just gotta add 'watch out for the grills they bite" to your speech.

Ron Burnett
08-03-2004, 09:07 AM
rons would be glad so set you up with your first pair of grills. we would be glad to e mail you pics of all the sizes and designs.

RiverDave
08-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Ron Burnett
rons would be glad so set you up with your first pair of grills. we would be glad to e mail you pics of all the sizes and designs.
Ron, I believe billet boys usa is going to be producing their own line of speaker grills?
RD

PHX ATC
08-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Magic34 has the shiznit in billet grill covers.
From the product I've seen, it's quality stuff and a price that really can't be touched by most others.
If and when I get my stereo stuff hammered out (hear that ROZ?:D ) I'll be wandering over there to spend some more $$$.