PDA

View Full Version : Lake Whitney, TX

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-02-2004, 09:50 AM
considering a trip here with the family later this season and was curious if anyone could recommend some cabins to stay in. We will have a 19' jet and a 23' outboard boat and would like somewhere we could launch. I have heard it is a beautiful lake and look forward to vacationing there. Any suggestions? oh yeah good restaraunts would be good to know also. Thanks
Omega

Infomaniac
08-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Are you going to Garry Snow's BBQ? It is a blast.
We stayed at some cabins close to Plowman's last time we went. Not fancy but did the job.

rrrr
08-02-2004, 10:51 AM
This is the place to stay.... Nice folks and good accomodations.
Indian Lodge Resort (http://www.indianlodge.com/)
Have the dates been announced yet?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-02-2004, 12:15 PM
excellent! thanks for the recommendation, that is exactly what I am looking for.
Info- I was not aware of any BBQ going on up there. we might try to go within the next month or so. What weekend is this BBQ to take place?
how are they on ot headers on lake whitney? I hope I won't get any tickets
Omega

rrrr
08-02-2004, 12:28 PM
It was the first weekend in October last year. There is a wide creek inlet at the State Park campground that is big enough for some friendly speed contests. ;)
We had a bit of trouble with the Corps of Engineers last year over supposed misbehavior, so I'm not sure about noise regs. It is sorta in the boonies at the North end of the lake. All the marinas are at the other end of the lake.
Lake Whitney website (http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/whitney/pages/Index.htm)

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by rrrr
It was the first weekend in October last year. There is a wide creek inlet at the State Park campground that is big enough for some friendly speed contests. ;)
We had a bit of trouble with the Corps of Engineers last year over supposed misbehavior, so I'm not sure about noise regs. It is sorta in the boonies at the North end of the lake. All the marinas are at the other end of the lake.
Lake Whitney website (http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/whitney/pages/Index.htm)
well that sounds like fun! I wouldn't be any competetion on the speed runs but I can make alot of noise:D is there any way to find out what weekend so I can kind of nail down plans soon.
Omega

Infomaniac
08-02-2004, 01:05 PM
It is the same weekend every year.
Weekend after the Smokin in the cove drag race in Arkansas.
I had my Cougar out there with zoomies year before last.
The corp is more concerned with 4 wheelers in the park that what happens on the water.
Noise on a normal weekend?
Come out here if you want to blast around and not worry about noise.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-02-2004, 02:18 PM
count me in

rrrr
08-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Infomaniac
It is the same weekend every year.
Weekend after the Smokin in the cove drag race in Arkansas.
I had my Cougar out there with zoomies year before last.
The corp is more concerned with 4 wheelers in the park that what happens on the water.
Noise on a normal weekend?
Come out here if you want to blast around and not worry about noise.
Info, was that your red picklefork at the Indian Lodge? I parked my flattie next to it overnights and talked to the owner a bit.
SHAKE-YO-AZZ, you gonna tow all the way to Texas? Sounds like a great idea. After all, next week I'm goin' to Laughlin for CBBB. Just a lil' 1100 mile jaunt.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by rrrr
Info, was that your red picklefork at the Indian Lodge? I parked my flattie next to it overnights and talked to the owner a bit.
SHAKE-YO-AZZ, you gonna tow all the way to Texas? Sounds like a great idea. After all, next week I'm goin' to Laughlin for CBBB. Just a lil' 1100 mile jaunt.
Its only gas I need to see more southern ladies:D

Kilrtoy
08-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Caught SYA creeping over here

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-03-2004, 03:35 AM
I emailed the snowman about this year's event and this was his reply, thought I would share it with you guys:
Due to idiots last year, I received a nasty letter from the Corp of Engineers. That was the first time I ever had any problem after 15 years of having this event. I'll put it this way, I'm not organizing anything this year, but several friends and myself will be there camping. I will not be responsible for anyone but myself. We will be down there on the first weekend of October. The place is Plowman's Creek Park on Lake Whitney. It is very near the little town of Kopperl, about 5 miles from my house and shop. Hope you can make it down. I haven't been on Hot Boat in months. If you like, copy this email on the forums. You might pass on also that park rules will be enforced, so everyone act like they have good sense. In 15 years we have only seen a Game Warden there a couple of times. Later..............
Garry
P.S.... A lot of people stay at Indian Lodge resort which is just 3 or 4 miles from the park. They also have a boat ramp and the park can be reached from there with just a few minutes boat ride. The phone number is 254-889-3643, Tim or Barb, very nice folks and good friends of ours. I would recommend making reservations ASAP, as accommodations will go fast. We won't be cooking this year. It will be nice to see everyone again, but I'll just be down there camping.
what a shame:frown:
Omega

RiverOtter
08-03-2004, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
count me in
You're outta control :D LMAO :D

oldbuck40
08-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Hey Omega,
word of warning about Whitney Lake if someone says lets go to the beach and your driveing a jet,,you better take some extra gas cans cause its a long way to the beach and those big blocks get awful thirsty,,,there is gas at a marina just south of indian lodge a couple of miles toward the main lake and there is a station up on hwy 174 just a couple miles from the river on the east side,,im just guessing on the beach but i think its around 7 or 8 miles up stream,,anyway i should be there that weekend at indian lodge hope to see ya there,, look for a black,orange and yellow 73 Taylor SJ,,,its old but it still goes

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-03-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by oldbuck40
Hey Omega,
word of warning about Whitney Lake if someone says lets go to the beach and your driveing a jet,,you better take some extra gas cans cause its a long way to the beach and those big blocks get awful thirsty,,,there is gas at a marina just south of indian lodge a couple of miles toward the main lake and there is a station up on hwy 174 just a couple miles from the river on the east side,,im just guessing on the beach but i think its around 7 or 8 miles up stream,,anyway i should be there that weekend at indian lodge hope to see ya there,, look for a black,orange and yellow 73 Taylor SJ,,,its old but it still goes
thanks for the tip:) I have two 6 gallon cans if needed. I really hope I can set up our plans to align with this particular weekend. If we are there I drive a yellow and black bubble deck jet with ot headers.
Omega

rrrr
08-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Too bad a band of phucktards had to mess up a great thing.

PlyaPlya22
08-03-2004, 11:16 PM
what happened?b

rrrr
08-04-2004, 08:06 AM
There were around 150 boaters camped there, and one group was drunk and stupid, guys flashing women with their little dicks, stuff like that.
The people camped next to them weren't boaters, an older couple. Naturally, they complained (don't blame 'em), and Garry got shlt on by the Corps of Engineers folks. Nasty beootch wrote him a letter, made it his problem because some azzholes acted like idiots.
Garry has been doing the get together for almost 15 years. Really sucks.

Greaser
08-04-2004, 09:28 AM
This sounds like it could be some fun.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Greaser
This sounds like it could be some fun.
I plan on bringing the tube;) wanna try your luck at hanging on:eek: :D :p
BTW. was your buddy sore on Sunday/Monday? can you say extreme tubing???:D
Omega

PlyaPlya22
08-04-2004, 07:53 PM
There were around 150 boaters camped there, and one group was drunk and stupid, guys flashing women with their little dicks, stuff like that.
The people camped next to them weren't boaters, an older couple. Naturally, they complained (don't blame 'em), and Garry got shlt on by the Corps of Engineers folks. Nasty beootch wrote him a letter, made it his problem because some azzholes acted like idiots.
Garry has been doing the get together for almost 15 years. Really sucks.
Sorry to hear that. All it takes is one in the buch to screw it up for everybody.

Greaser
08-05-2004, 09:45 AM
I plan on bringing the tube;) wanna try your luck at hanging on:eek: :D :p
BTW. was your buddy sore on Sunday/Monday? can you say extreme tubing???:D
Omega
LOL my buddy was still sore on monday, but he got on another tube on Sunday behind my friends blue and white jet :D I guess Im gonna have to give it a try, but only if you promise to take it easy :D (yea right)
This lake whitny thing sounds like fun. I believe Im gonna try to go.

oldbuck40
08-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Hey Greaser,
Did you ever see a black 73 SJ Taylor with yellow and orange stripes down your way around College Station,,I bought it from some guy that worked at a auto tint shop there in town,,there were about three guys there that all had SS taylors and this one SJ,,,anyway just wondering! I'll be going to Whitney in October hope to see ya there,,,we're also going the 13th -15th of August to Whitney if you get up this way...

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-05-2004, 01:00 PM
LOL my buddy was still sore on monday, but he got on another tube on Sunday behind my friends blue and white jet :D I guess Im gonna have to give it a try, but only if you promise to take it easy :D (yea right)
This lake whitny thing sounds like fun. I believe Im gonna try to go.
I have reservations at Indian Lodge for Oct 1st and 2nd. :D Texas Jet is bringing his boat and I will be bringing mine also. I plan to take off work on the 1st and drive up arriving sometime that afternoon. I am bringing Shannon along too. :smilespi:
I hope you can make it. oh and you defintely have to give the tube a shot.
Omega

oldbuck40
08-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Dont think so,,im too old for that,,besides been there done that,,we used to ride the old truck tubes,,now that was a challenge,,,i'll be there the 13th of this month(next weekend) so i'll put my name in the hat for oct 1st while im there

oldbuck40
08-05-2004, 01:38 PM
just got off the phone with Barb at Indian Lodge and she said the rooms are going fast for the first weekend in October,,I've got my resv. I'll be in #6
She is expecting a crowd!!!!!

460rogers
08-05-2004, 04:18 PM
Hey Old Buck.
Did you get the SJ running?
I was going to buy that boat from Billie but couldn't come up with the cash at the time.

oldbuck40
08-06-2004, 06:19 AM
yea finally,i bought it kinda knowing the motor was trashed,he said oh yea it runs,,he should have said used to,,but no big deal i built a 496 BBC that will damn near launch it out of the water,,,added a place diverter,new steering wheel,radio,and put new wood in the front seats, he had let that thing sit outside with no cover over the breather so yea there were two cylinders full of rain water and it had been in there long enough to ruin the block plus he had a freeze plug glued in a square hole that was suppossed to be round,,go figure,,these guys were calling a quadrabogg a holly double pumper,,so probably a good thing i rescued the old boat,,nice guys just didnt know alot about the motor. They are young,and i've been there done that. are you going to make it in oct.there are so many boats i have to remember so i can find different people glad someone knows mine,,,look us up :devil:

Greaser
08-06-2004, 09:16 AM
I dont know the boat you are talking about, but I know the guys at the tint shop. Had them do my truck windows. They seem cool.
It seems like the cabins are going fast. I better quit procrastinating, and reserve a room. :cool:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-06-2004, 09:41 AM
I dont know the boat you are talking about, but I know the guys at the tint shop. Had them do my truck windows. They seem cool.
It seems like the cabins are going fast. I better quit procrastinating, and reserve a room. :cool:
you better get your @ss in gear. As of this morning they have only 1 cabin left and 5 hotel rooms. the cabins sleep 4 people and the hotel rooms sleep 1-2 with a kitchenette or 4 folks with no kitchen.
we will be in cabin #5 so ya'll feel free to come by and say hi and enjoy an adult beverage or 12. look for a yellow and black 19' bubble deck jet with yellow/gray interior. I am sooooooo looking forward to this :D
Omega
p.s look for this boat (picture is kinda old-new interior and ot headers)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523012431-R1-1A-med.jpg
being pulled by this truck
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523pimp_mobile-med.jpg

oldbuck40
08-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Hey Omega,
Your paint job is about like mine on the 73SJ ,,but mine is yellow on the front and the rest is black,,,dont know what the previous owner was thinking when he painted it black. one thing about it i dont have the problem of people leaning all over it or sitting on the front,it will cook ya!

brazosriver
08-06-2004, 11:25 AM
We will be there at plowmans on oct 2..be in a white 74 taylor ss..will be looking for you guys

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-06-2004, 11:40 AM
Hey Omega,
Your paint job is about like mine on the 73SJ ,,but mine is yellow on the front and the rest is black,,,dont know what the previous owner was thinking when he painted it black. one thing about it i dont have the problem of people leaning all over it or sitting on the front,it will cook ya!
i had 3 bikinis on my boat last weekend :D just make sure they put down a towel first :jawdrop: mine is actually a very dark charcoal gray with a faint copper pearl essence blended in. it is paint and VERY fragile. I wouldn't walk on my deck anyways, it is kinda thin. the new interior is yellow and charcoal gray and looks much better. no more shag indoor/outdoor carpet. :( I bet that lake is gonna sound awesome.
Omega

oldbuck40
08-06-2004, 12:47 PM
just wait till you get up river and see some of the cliffs,,some of the best looking Texas Hill Country ever,,,pretty awsome to stop by some of the high cliff's and cut your boat off and listen to the others go by,,like nothing you have ever heard,,,all the echo and noise!

oldbuck40
08-06-2004, 01:13 PM
just an old pic of the 73SJ

460rogers
08-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Thats the one.Glad to hear it still lives.
I believe there are three Taylor SS's living at the tint shop now and 2 other jets at times.They still don't know much about them but they talk a good game.

oldbuck40
08-09-2004, 07:18 AM
Sure did get quite here! anything happen over the weekend?

Greaser
08-09-2004, 09:32 AM
Made my reservations today! I will be in cabin #7.

oldbuck40
08-09-2004, 10:19 AM
just in case ya'll dont know we cant park our boats by our room,cabin's 3,4,5,6 and so on are up the hill from the pool and office and there's no room up there to turn around, Barb said we can park them in front of the office or by the pool,,best place is the RV spots if she doesnt have them filled up already,,,behind the office is ok too its pretty open back there and its on the way to the boat ramp

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-10-2004, 03:22 AM
Made my reservations today! I will be in cabin #7.
it's about damn time :p
Omega

Greaser
08-10-2004, 09:51 AM
it's about damn time :p
Omega
lol yea, I got lucky and reserved the last available cabin :cool:
Hopefully I will have my ski tow by then :frown:

hotrod10
08-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Does anybody know if Snowman's rumble @ Plowman's Creek is Oct. 2 & 3, or the 9 & 10th, this year?
Thanks, Hotrod

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-11-2004, 04:01 AM
Does anybody know if Snowman's rumble @ Plowman's Creek is Oct. 2 & 3, or the 9 & 10th, this year?
Thanks, Hotrod
snowman is not hosting a rumble this year and he will not be bbqing :frown: due to the ignorant actions of a few last year. however there will be a large gathering of hot boats on Lake Whitney Oct 2/3 but it is not sponsored by the snowman this year ;)
the boater's are rumored to be meeting up at plowman's creek though :idea: hope to see you there
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-11-2004, 04:02 AM
lol yea, I got lucky and reserved the last available cabin :cool:
Hopefully I will have my ski tow by then :frown:
no worries if you don't have a ski tow. mine works pretty good ;) wanna give it a try :devil:
Omega

Greaser
08-11-2004, 10:09 AM
That would depend on how many 12 once curles I decied to do :D

oldbuck40
08-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Hey Guys
whats going on? just wanted to say we went to the river (whitney lake) on saturday after the funeral ,had to get out! and get away. we had some real good running up and down the river,i was the only jet there a few clamp on's and the rest were ski boats,,lot's of eye candy over there :) anyway just thought i would drop a line and see whats up

Greaser
08-16-2004, 09:24 AM
glad to hear you got out for a lil fun

Nick69
08-16-2004, 05:17 PM
hey guys I might show if my bud finishes my interior soon. i,ve got a 78SS with a 460 in it , it's silver and black :hammer2:

ONAROLL
08-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Where is Lake Whitney from Dallas?

oldbuck40
08-17-2004, 05:58 AM
Whitney lake is about an hour and 15-20 minutes south of Dallas, take HWY 67 south out of Dallas to Cleburne and get on state HWY 174 and go South headed toward Meridian you will eventually cross the Brazos River,,the little get together will take place just south of the 174 bridge 2 or so miles,dont bother going to the lake and drive up its a waste of gas and usually too rough

Shark In The Pond
08-18-2004, 03:38 PM
I have said I'm going to make this deal for the last few yrs with no luck , now I'm makeing plans again to drag my boat down and get a little help with some tunning before or after the party so I will be there with Ratso, look forward to meeting alot of you peeps there I will be in a black 75 Tahiti.

ratso
08-18-2004, 05:57 PM
If you haven't been to this "gathering" before or to Whitney before, you really need to run on up the river. After watching a few boats racing, it's nice to get a bunch of boats and cruise around...there are a lot of nice beaches and you can run the boats up there without being hassled too much. I have a feeling they might try to shut the deal down at Plowman as far as drags, so the best thing to do is just go on up and re-locate. Years back there used to be a lot more speed boats up where the river Y's and it has a good quarter mile stretch for running.

Shark In The Pond
08-19-2004, 04:04 AM
If you haven't been to this "gathering" before or to Whitney before, you really need to run on up the river. After watching a few boats racing, it's nice to get a bunch of boats and cruise around...there are a lot of nice beaches and you can run the boats up there without being hassled too much. I have a feeling they might try to shut the deal down at Plowman as far as drags, so the best thing to do is just go on up and re-locate. Years back there used to be a lot more speed boats up where the river Y's and it has a good quarter mile stretch for running.
Never been so I'm following you :cool:

oldbuck40
08-19-2004, 06:13 AM
you guys need to look back up this thread and call Indian lodge and get a room i was there this past weekend and she said she had a couple of the smaller motel rooms left not many though,,so get off your ass and make it happen! should be a fun time!!! :cool:

Greaser
08-19-2004, 09:07 AM
<--------Counting the Days :hammerhea :2purples: :hammerhea

sdba069
08-19-2004, 03:12 PM
Hi Guys..... I've been in touch with the park rangers on Whitney. I've told them that there won't be a big cookout this year and that I would be just a lowly camper and not responsible for anyone else's screw ups. I think they will enforce park rules a little tighter this year but I don't believe they will be too bad. We haven't seen a game warden down there in years, but you never know when one will show up. Patti is one of the wardens here and she is very nice and doesn't mind everyone having a good time as long as they don't get stupid. If things go well this year I will probably look into applying for a special events permit next year and going full blast again. We've got the best water we've had in years, the lake this morning was at 533 and that is normal. We had over 5" of rain today and I hear more is on the way. That shouldn't hurt us down there. Some of you mentioned earlier about riding up the river. I recommend it. There are some pretty sites. Let's everyone cooperate with the Corp people this year and follow the park rules. If everyone does right, it can only get bigger and better. If anyone has any questions, give me a call or email me. The phone number is 254-889-3336 and my email is snowman069@hotmail.com .

Shark In The Pond
08-19-2004, 05:33 PM
you guys need to look back up this thread and call Indian lodge and get a room i was there this past weekend and she said she had a couple of the smaller motel rooms left not many though,,so get off your ass and make it happen! should be a fun time!!! :cool:
Thank's for the info ,I will be staying with Ratso at his place so I'm covered but I have another person asking about this so I will pass the info on ..see ya there !

Shark In The Pond
08-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Hi Guys..... I've been in touch with the park rangers on Whitney. I've told them that there won't be a big cookout this year and that I would be just a lowly camper and not responsible for anyone else's screw ups. I think they will enforce park rules a little tighter this year but I don't believe they will be too bad. We haven't seen a game warden down there in years, but you never know when one will show up. Patti is one of the wardens here and she is very nice and doesn't mind everyone having a good time as long as they don't get stupid. If things go well this year I will probably look into applying for a special events permit next year and going full blast again. We've got the best water we've had in years, the lake this morning was at 533 and that is normal. We had over 5" of rain today and I hear more is on the way. That shouldn't hurt us down there. Some of you mentioned earlier about riding up the river. I recommend it. There are some pretty sites. Let's everyone cooperate with the Corp people this year and follow the park rules. If everyone does right, it can only get bigger and better. If anyone has any questions, give me a call or email me. The phone number is 254-889-3336 and my email is snowman069@hotmail.com .
I have one Garry ..can we get my boat done the day before so I can run it over the weekend to see how she run's ?

sdba069
08-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Stranger things have happened. What do you need done?

sdba069
08-19-2004, 09:49 PM
A thought.... When talking about our little gathering at Plowman's, try not to refer to it as a boat race, that makes the officials a little nervous. Boat rally has a little milder ring to it. Just a thought......
SNOWMAN

Shark In The Pond
08-20-2004, 04:13 AM
Stranger things have happened. What do you need done?
I need to re run all rockers , set timming, 2-3 braided lines are a little long and need to be cut and the biggy is the carb , after the rebuild I lost rpm and top end I'm guessing it's running RICH and need's to be re jetted ? I don't want to be the slow one at the " Boat Rally " :crossx:

dbddbd
08-25-2004, 07:16 PM
GOOD DEEP LAKE, I haven't been there in a decade, but I think I remember it being the best lake for WHITE BASS, but not sure.... :D

oldbuck40
08-31-2004, 07:36 AM
I tell you one thing we may be in for a surprise come the first weekend in OCT. the way the weather has been acting.i guess that it will be a first for me rideing in the jet boat with camo coveralls!!! :2purples:

Shark In The Pond
08-31-2004, 05:28 PM
I tell you one thing we may be in for a surprise come the first weekend in OCT. the way the weather has been acting.i guess that it will be a first for me rideing in the jet boat with camo coveralls!!! :2purples:
Some nice cool air running down the intake :D

Flashy
09-07-2004, 01:23 PM
New to yall's forum ,Whitney is a cool place worth the drive. I have several friends around Dallas area that will make it. I will pass the word there should be 3-4 more to your list.

sdba069
09-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Okay........... Let's hear from everyone that's going to be here..........

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
09-08-2004, 03:40 AM
Okay........... Let's hear from everyone that's going to be here..........
I'll be in cabin #5 at Indian Lodge. Look for this boat. the interior is different now (black/yellow) but you get the idea. Oh yeah and my headers are now blue :cry: :frown:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523Omega.jpg
my name is Kris and the g/f is Shannon. It's getting close and I look forward to meeting you guys.
Omega
*I see you say they will be a little more strict this year. should baffles be a concern? I will have them in the boat just not in the headers. But I do not want a ticket either.*

Shark In The Pond
09-08-2004, 03:56 AM
Damn skippy I'm there ...Black Tahiti

oldbuck40
09-08-2004, 05:19 AM
73 Taylor SJ Orange & Black,,,be in #6 at Indian Lodge

esabataj
09-08-2004, 07:10 AM
We'll be there. Campsite P-5 at Plowman's. Look for a tan Winnebago with this boat
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3130/48678-med.JPG
Getting in late Friday.

Greaser
09-08-2004, 09:18 AM
I'll be there!!!!!
Silver and white southwind with ot's
Also staying at indian lodge :D

brazosriver
09-08-2004, 11:52 AM
we're there...spot 15 at plowmans creek....white taylor

sdba069
09-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Guess what..... we don't even have a spot this year. Guess I'll just have to drive that 5 miles to the house. I hate that, damn soft bed, air conditioning, and nice showers, who needs em anyway. We'll pobably go down a couple of days ahead of time and try to pick up one of the non reservable sites. Maybe if not, some of you guys will let us hang out with you.

rrrr
09-09-2004, 12:19 PM
I'll be there, Fonda's coming too. We're gonna stay at the Indian Lodge.

oldbuck40
09-09-2004, 01:06 PM
I know everyone is getting excited about the get together, i hope everyone has been keeping up with what happened at Havasu this past weekend,it has been a very sad weekend for alot of familys out west. I can speak from experience i lost my to be future son in law 4 years ago to the same kind of acident and it did happen at Whitney Lake where we are going,some of the guys may remember that are from the area down there they hit the cliff wall in a cove over close to Cliff View and i think used to be fish hook lodge? he was 22 years old,life just beginning out having a good time and was taken from us so quick! so lets all be very careful and stop and think before we act,and dont be too proud to give the keys to someone else thats sober,that just prove's that you are a MAN and no one will think bad of you,i for one will pat you on the back and never say a word,and besides i want to see everyone again next year!!! :cool:

sdba069
09-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Have fun but don't get stupid. That's always the trick, isn't it?

oldbuck40
09-15-2004, 01:18 PM
15 days and counting,this office is kicking my ass :hammerhea

Shark In The Pond
09-15-2004, 04:32 PM
15 days and counting,this office is kicking my ass :hammerhea
Don't feel bad it will be a long 15 days for me also ! Looking forward to getting down there and meeting some new peeps and since I only have met Ratso and Garry guess I will met lots of new peeps :cool:

sdba069
09-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Hey. We took our Top Sportsman car to Sealy, Texas this past weekend for our last IHRA Div IV points race of the year. We were in a very close battle for the points championship with 2 other competitors. We had fallen back to 3rd in points and were hoping to make it back into 2nd at Sealy. We got our game faces on and decided it was our weekend and we were taking no prisoners. We came away with the race win and we are this year's IHRA Div 4 Top Sportsman points champion. It was very tight as 3 points divided 1st and 2nd and just 10 seperated 2nd and 3rd. The 3rd place guy was leading the points coming into this race. Kevin, you probably know the guy, Monte Weaver from around Lubbock. He runs a 63 Corvette called The Joker's Back. The other car in contention was Scott Hintz form Odessa, I believe. They run a late model Mustang. Our car is a 97 Olds Cutlass built by Kim Smith Race Cars. I built the 632 alky injected Pontiac, tune it, and crew chief the car. Les Dugas is the driver. The car runs consistent low 4.90's on the motor and 4.40's on the spray. We don't spray it running class, but we run some Outlaw Top Sportsman once in a while and will spray a couple of hundred HP. Any way................. look forward to seeing everyone at Plowman's...

oldbuck40
09-20-2004, 11:23 AM
are we there yet,,,,still counting :hammerhea

TexasJet
09-21-2004, 05:32 AM
I know what you mean. I've got my map all highlighted with my route to get there. Omega and I went to Table Rock Lake in July for the Roost Fest, this is going to be bigger than that I'm sure. We will be coming in Friday evening around 5:00 PM. Is anybody going to be on the water Friday evening?

oldbuck40
09-21-2004, 05:39 AM
im sure there will be a few on the water,,i havent heard from anybody lately that has been on this thread,,whats up guys??? :hammerhea

Greaser
09-21-2004, 09:17 AM
We are planning on leaving out around 2 on friday, so that should put us there about 4 or so. Look forward to getting on the water friday evening.
I do have one question. I will be staying at Indian Lodge, Is there any reasurants close by, or should I just plan on bringing enough food for the whole weekend? Just wondering, because I do like to eat!! :rollside:

esabataj
09-21-2004, 01:15 PM
We're leaving at Noon on Friday. Should be there early evening. Don't know if we'll get on the water or not.
Dam the days are really dragging.
Who else is actually staying at plowmans. I'm in campsite P-5 Look for a tan Winnebago Flying my avatar. Come on by.

oldbuck40
09-21-2004, 01:40 PM
We are planning on leaving out around 2 on friday, so that should put us there about 4 or so. Look forward to getting on the water friday evening.
I do have one question. I will be staying at Indian Lodge, Is there any reasurants close by, or should I just plan on bringing enough food for the whole weekend? Just wondering, because I do like to eat!! :rollside:
arent you staying in 4 or 5 if you are the have small kitchenetts and all the rooms on that side have a small bbq pit outside and a big fridge in the rooms.they also have coffee pot,pots and pans,skillet,toaster, if ya cant cook then you will starve cause there aint no place to go eat thats close :hammerhea

Greaser
09-21-2004, 01:48 PM
lol, Well, I may not be the best cook, but I get by :D just trying to get my trip planned.
**makes mental note**
Make sure to bring beer, food, and ......oh yea, beer :D

oldbuck40
09-21-2004, 01:57 PM
glad to help,,,we wont let ya starve and they do sell a few things in the store at the office,,mostly can goods,crackers and stuff,(just the basic's) and they also have ice and gas,,,,its definately laid back there,Barb is super nice gal but word of warning dont get on her Hubby's bad side(Tim) he can be a @ss sometime,,if ya need something your better off asking her.

Shark In The Pond
09-21-2004, 03:07 PM
im sure there will be a few on the water,,i havent heard from anybody lately that has been on this thread,,whats up guys??? :hammerhea
Counting down the days myself , hope they go quick !

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
09-22-2004, 04:05 AM
we are bringing our food. I plan to bring some stuff to throw on the grill at night too. Are they charcoal grills at Indian Lodge? Greaser if you like, Texas Jet and I are supposed to meet up somewhere around Somerville on Friday and have a small convoy from there. Jeff knows how to get there and he can lead the way :idea: We could always arange a meeting between all 3 of us. We will be traveling up Hwy 36. I'll talk to TexasJet and see what he says about it. It would be pretty cool seeing 3 jets lined up heading up to the Lake. Did you ever talk the guy in the blue/white jet into coming?
Omega

Shark In The Pond
09-22-2004, 04:22 AM
We're leaving at Noon on Friday. Should be there early evening. Don't know if we'll get on the water or not.
Dam the days are really dragging.
Who else is actually staying at plowmans. I'm in campsite P-5 Look for a tan Winnebago Flying my avatar. Come on by.
I talked with Richard the other day and I was going to put his boat in since he only has the RV with him . I will be staying with Ratso in Waco so incase I'm a little late can someone THERE help out ?

brazosriver
09-22-2004, 07:34 AM
We are coming down to plowmans in spot 15 around 4 pm on friday..I'm also in an rv with no truck to put my boat in the water..but i have beer..maybe someone will help me out..see you there...

Greaser
09-22-2004, 08:53 AM
we are bringing our food. I plan to bring some stuff to throw on the grill at night too. Are they charcoal grills at Indian Lodge? Greaser if you like, Texas Jet and I are supposed to meet up somewhere around Somerville on Friday and have a small convoy from there. Jeff knows how to get there and he can lead the way :idea: We could always arange a meeting between all 3 of us. We will be traveling up Hwy 36. I'll talk to TexasJet and see what he says about it. It would be pretty cool seeing 3 jets lined up heading up to the Lake. Did you ever talk the guy in the blue/white jet into coming?
Omega
If you guys are planning on coming in on 36 thru Somerville, then you will be going thru Caldwell, right after Somerville. Maybe we can meet up here in Caldwell. The Exxon gas station would prolly be the best place, and you guys could prolly use a rest stop by then. :mix: If this plan works out, just let me know about what time, and I will be there. Just incase, I will pm you my cell #
As far as Rick,(blue and white jet) when I last talked to him about it, he said he had to see if it was his weekend with his daughter or not. I will try to get back in touch with him this week.

Shark In The Pond
09-22-2004, 03:09 PM
We are coming down to plowmans in spot 15 around 4 pm on friday..I'm also in an rv with no truck to put my boat in the water..but i have beer..maybe someone will help me out..see you there...
With this many good peeps there I'm sure you guys will have plenty of peeps that will drop you in the water with their trucks .

Hotcrusader76
09-22-2004, 05:00 PM
I wanna go...damn-it...
Can ya'll wait till December? J/K....I'll make the next trip..
~Ty

Shark In The Pond
09-22-2004, 07:33 PM
I wanna go...damn-it...
Can ya'll wait till December? J/K....I'll make the next trip..
~Ty
I wish the hell you were there to dail mine in ! I will let you know how things worked out after the trip on how the boat runs after Garry works his magic on it.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
09-23-2004, 03:24 AM
Breaker.....Breaker......looks like we got ourselves a convoy....over. To anyone traveling up 36 heading to Whitney mid day Friday, if you see 3 jets lined up in a row honk and wave. We are the JETBOAT convoy. Now all we need is some CB radios. Looks like it is going to be a pretty good turnout. Ya'll just take it easy on the ole Omega Jet. It looks and sounds fast but is turning a jacuzzi jy so it ain't fast.
Omega

Infomaniac
09-23-2004, 06:01 AM
OBJ The indina lodge has a kitchen and a grill outside.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
09-23-2004, 06:19 AM
OBJ The indina lodge has a kitchen and a grill outside.
sweet. I plan on bringing charcoal and maybe some dead meat to throw on the pit.
Omega

TexasJet
09-23-2004, 07:13 AM
Infomaniac, are you coming to this event? :)

Greaser
09-23-2004, 09:04 AM
I will be doin some outside cookin as well. :messedup:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-23-2004, 06:30 PM
is it time yet

Infomaniac
09-24-2004, 04:47 AM
Infomaniac, are you coming to this event? :)
I would like to go.
If I can talk some of my jet boat friends into going, I will tag along.
I did not fix the Cougar this year. Next year for sure.

oldbuck40
09-24-2004, 06:27 AM
i dont think S Y AZZ is going to come over here i think he's just talkin noise!!
I think he scared :2purples: cause he know's
EVERYTHING IS BIGGER AND BETTER HERE IN TEXAS!!!!
WHAT I SAY!!!!!! :hammerhea

Greaser
09-24-2004, 09:07 AM
:eek: :eat: :hammerhea
God Bless Texas :D
Do you think it would be a good idea to bring along some gas, or is there a gas station close to Indian Lodge?
Hey S Y A, if you are coming, are you gonna bring some of that eye candy with ya :supp:

oldbuck40
09-24-2004, 10:01 AM
hey greaser,
i would bring at least 2-5gal cans,they do sell gas at indian lodge it cost a little more than at the pump but its right there!! there is also a station about 4 or 5 miles up the road if you want to go to the trouble,,also might boat has 2 - 10 gal tanks and if i go to the beach and dont run w o t, i can get there and use 8-9 gal, thats on a 496 BBC with a single 850 and there is NO GAS up river,,so i would bring the cans!!!!

Greaser
09-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the info. I plan on bringing about 20 gal. with me. :D Id sure hate to get out htere, and have to worry if Im gonna run out of gas or not.

TexasJet
09-24-2004, 06:42 PM
Where is the nearest 93 octane gas?

cookieman
09-24-2004, 07:09 PM
I don't think you guys will have to worry about gas. There is a place just before you get to the river about 8 miles to get gas. If you have never been this is one of the best boat rally's you will go to. I think every kind of boat will come out of the woods to attend this event. Let's just all hope that we have good weather, last year it rained off and on for both days. I have been the last 3 years and it gets better every year. I think Snowman has already said it, have fun but be safe. I know that in years past I have seen some really fast boats running out there and the drivers don't even put on a life jacket. Anyways hope to meet some new people this year, see ya at the river next weekend.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
09-27-2004, 03:18 AM
check. bringing 2 gas cans. Greaser, you might want to wait until we get closer to the lodge to gas up. I know I am pulling my boat empty and will be pulling over to gas up just before we get there. I am sure Texasjet will do the same.
Omega

TexasJet
09-27-2004, 03:40 AM
Yup, what Omega said. :smile: The long range forcast is for a beautiful weekend. :rollside: :)

Greaser
09-27-2004, 09:11 AM
Sounds like a plan.

oldbuck40
09-27-2004, 10:23 AM
i couldnt be more ready to go,,,the bright side today is half way over,Dallas and Washington play tonight,should be a good game!!! then i have tues,wed,thur, to get my crap together then take that big 1 hr. road trip thru the country and i'll be at my room waiting on you guys to get there. :sleeping:

OkieDave
09-28-2004, 05:32 AM
Anybody know if there's any rooms left nearby? I may decide to join the party. whats the best way to get there from Tulsa? :)

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
09-28-2004, 06:21 AM
Anybody know if there's any rooms left nearby? I may decide to join the party. whats the best way to get there from Tulsa? :)
I think they may have the hotel rooms avaiable. they only sleep 2 and have no kitchenette. Give them a call 254-889-3643 they also have a website with a map www.indianlodge.com. hope to see ya there representing the fords. :)
Omega

oldbuck40
09-28-2004, 06:34 AM
hey omega,
are ya'lls plans still to be there around 5 on friday?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
09-28-2004, 07:03 AM
hey omega,
are ya'lls plans still to be there around 5 on friday?
maybe sooner than that. the jet boat convoy departs houston around 11:00 am and making a stop in caldwell to pick up another and hopefull should arrive around 3-4:00 on friday afternoon. Might even try to squeeze in a boat ride before dark. My boat has no lights but TexasJet does :idea:
Omega

oldbuck40
09-28-2004, 07:47 AM
maybe sooner than that. the jet boat convoy departs houston around 11:00 am and making a stop in caldwell to pick up another and hopefull should arrive around 3-4:00 on friday afternoon. Might even try to squeeze in a boat ride before dark. My boat has no lights but TexasJet does :idea:
Omega
i hope ya'll are going up to Meridian and take 174 over to Kopperl,,that is a very nice senic route of the hill country,,watch for the deer!!!! i sure need this get away,im sure everybody else does too,, i may be in the water when you get there i wont be far from the 174 bridge and the railroad bridge to the south,,thats where plowmans park is!

TexasJet
09-28-2004, 08:54 AM
Yes, that's the way I had mapped out. Thanks for the confirmation.

oldbuck40
09-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Yes, that's the way I had mapped out. Thanks for the confirmation.
just watch your speed when getting close to meridian going in,thru and out of there,, they are not that bad as long as your paying attention

Greaser
09-28-2004, 09:22 AM
My boat has no lights but TexasJet does :idea:
Omega
:idea:

oldbuck40
09-29-2004, 05:25 AM
hey all you south texas guys listen up!!! firday night there is a cold front coming thru with the possibility of scattered showers,,they are saying its going to get down in the 50's with the high's only being in the lower 70's..
might throw in a jacket while your packing

TexasJet
09-29-2004, 08:37 AM
I sure hope one of the campers brings some firewood for Friday and Saturday night. :idea:

Greaser
09-29-2004, 10:16 AM
This week seems like it is just creeping by :yuk: :cry:
!!Come on Weekend!! :rollside:

Sweet Addiction
09-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Yea, slow week, HUMPH. WTF is up with the weather. Its always nice during the week and then when I get a chance to hit up the lake something goes terribly wrong with the weather. :devil: long sleeve shirts should do the trick I guess.

oldbuck40
09-29-2004, 10:58 AM
hey but at least its hump day and half gone at that,,and this goofy weather has realy been crazy all summer,but at least it hasnt been 102 to 105 this year,,i damn sure dont miss those temps at all,,well i gotta go do a last minute once over on the j-boat,,friday's on its way,,you guys in south texas be careful on your way up and have a safe trip :hammerhea if ya get there early enough put in and come south down the river to the train bridge and look for oldbuck's (Greg & Carol's) black and orange taylor SJ

Badboat1
09-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Will be there Sat. some time

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
09-30-2004, 03:31 AM
okay! now I am getting excited. :cool: Lake Whitney here we come, in another 29.5 hours.
Omega

esabataj
09-30-2004, 04:41 AM
Dang
I don't think Friday will ever get here. Times really draging at work and that rotten Shark in the Pond is already there.
I'll be in slot p-5 at plowmans. Look for a tan Winnebago flying my avatar. Everyone come on by so we can meet. I'll have a frozen margarita waiting for ya.
http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/champagne.gif
:D

oldbuck40
09-30-2004, 05:35 AM
tick, tick, tick,tick, getting closer!!! :hammerhea well they are trying to sqeeze some of the rain out of the forcast,im keeping my fingers crossed! hey omega i am bringing a little firewood but we can only burn it in the bbq pit there are no fire rings at indian lodge,,oh well we will make do with what we got

TexasJet
09-30-2004, 05:58 AM
esabataj, Thank you very much, I like mine with salt on the rim if you please. :smile:

esabataj
09-30-2004, 06:42 AM
esabataj, Thank you very much, I like mine with salt on the rim if you please. :smile:
Got ya covered TJET. The blender will be smokin :rollside:

Greaser
09-30-2004, 09:18 AM
:hammer2: Almost to the weekend :hammer2:

oldbuck40
09-30-2004, 10:42 AM
im packing tonight and haulin @zz in the morning :hammerhea

OkieDave
09-30-2004, 11:34 AM
OK, I'm going to Keystone tonite and then packing and leaving for Texas in the morning. hope to be there before dark. may need to pitch a tent somewhere. :rollside:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
09-30-2004, 11:58 AM
OK, I'm going to Keystone tonite and then packing and leaving for Texas in the morning. hope to be there before dark. may need to pitch a tent somewhere. :rollside:
sweet! :D maybe I can talk you into a ride in that bad ass boat of yours. did you get a room or what?
Omega

Infomaniac
09-30-2004, 12:19 PM
sweet! :D maybe I can talk you into a ride in that bad ass boat of yours. did you get a room or what?
Omega
Dave's boat runs really hard. It will surprise most of them out there. I wish I was going. :cry: :cry:

Greaser
09-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Finally the work day is over. :cool: Now its time to go home and pack up, and head to the grocery store and get some food. TJ and Omega, I will be lookin for ya after 12 . Give me a call when you get close. :cool:

ratso
09-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Dang
I don't think Friday will ever get here. Times really draging at work and that rotten Shark in the Pond is already there.
I'll be in slot p-5 at plowmans. Look for a tan Winnebago flying my avatar. Everyone come on by so we can meet. I'll have a frozen margarita waiting for ya.
:D
Shark In The Pond ( which would be me using Ratso computer right now ) I'm here and have been at Garrys all day working on my boat or Garry has been doing the work and he is doing wonders with it ,he did not get done with it so I have to go back to his place in the morning and get -R-done! Looking forward to hooking up with all that is coming in this weekend ! Esabataj.. hurry your ass up and get in town and when you do give me a call on my cell to let me know when you get in !

sdba069
09-30-2004, 07:35 PM
Justwatched the weather...... Cold front coming through sometime late tomorrow with a good chance of some storms tomorrow night and early Saturday, then beautiful sunny weather the rest of the weekend with highs in the upper 70's Saturday and low 80's on Sunday. The low Saturday night should be in the mid 50's. We sent a scout down to the park late this afterneen and there were already several people and boats there. This is sounding like the biggest one yet. If everyone acts right I might consider doing the special events permit for next year and putting on a big feed again. There is a gas station with premium about 3/4 of a mile from the Kimball Bend bridge and it's about 2 miles from Indian Lodge. Keep in mind, I can step out on my upstairs deck and see the lodge, so don't be running around naked, unless of course you are in the presence of a good looking female type in the same condition. Look forward to seeing everyone there. We went down yesterday and got the last 3 non-reservable RV sites that were left, 21, 22, and 24. Stop by and say hello.

ratso
10-01-2004, 12:25 AM
All is good... the lake gods are watching over us :cool ( Shark In The Pond :crossx: )

esabataj
10-01-2004, 04:19 AM
Dam
I can't believe they made me work this Mornin. :mad: Think anyone would notice if I turned the clock foward a couple of hours :devil:
Time is going to go real slow this AM. I won't get anything done this mornin anyway The mind is already left and only the body is working. :D
See everyone tonight.!!!

brazosriver
10-01-2004, 05:53 AM
esa....looks like you are gonna have a good 20 mph tail wind coming up..I'll have the headwind coming from ft. worth but I only have an hour and a half drive...br

rrrr
10-01-2004, 06:22 AM
I picked up the Howard last night from our lake house in Farmersville. My guys are out in the warehouse cleaning and polishing the old dog, gotta look good rollin' down the road.
Keep your eyes open, Garry. Fonda goes out in the morning to smoke in her little jammies.... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D
Seeya this afternoon!

esabataj
10-01-2004, 06:40 AM
Ok!!!! :D :D :D :D
Boss took pity on me and let me get the H*LL out of here.
Off to the house to Hook up and get my A** on the road
See Everyone there. :D
On the ROAD Again, On the ROAD Again.

Greaser
10-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Sounds like its gonna be a great weekend. We are packed and ready. Just waitin for the "Jet Boat Convoy" to roll into town, so I can join in. :hammerhea Lookin forward to meeting everyone. :cool:

oldbuck40
10-01-2004, 08:03 AM
you aint ever going to get there if you keep sitting there pecking on the keyboard :hammer2: everyone be careful and have a safe trip see yall at the lodge in a few!!! :hammerhea