PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Conductor!!!!

Kachina26
04-07-2006, 02:04 PM
I took and passed my conductor exam today. Only missed 5 questions out of 280. I now have just about enough knowledge to keep myself from getting killed. The learning starts now.

Boozer
04-07-2006, 02:05 PM
I took and passed my conductor exam today. Only missed 5 questions out of 280. I now have just about enough knowledge to keep myself from getting killed. The learning starts now.
Congrats. Thats gotta be an awesome job. What are the requirements to get into something like that?

Kachina26
04-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Congrats. Thats gotta be an awesome job. What are the requirements to get into something like that?
High school diploma and be 18. Check out careers at www.bnsf.com . Cool job, potential to make good money (if you are willing to give up your time)

Holland
04-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!
Just dont stop on any of the streets I am tryin to cross up here!!!!! :D
J/K... Seriously... Congrats!!!!!

SummitKarl
04-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Congrats
way to go,
see you soon I hope

sigepmock
04-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Congrats.
Chris

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Cool job, potential to make good money (if you are willing to give up your time)
That sounds like code for....."Sell your boat and start looking for a new wife"
:p

Restless22
04-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Congrats! One of my tenants is a conductor. Makes decent loot $$$

Kachina26
04-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Congrats! One of my tenants is a conductor. Makes decent loot $$$
Oh yeah, the more time you give up, the more money you make!!!!!! My Uncle tops $160k a year. (But his wife is a pill :D ) I can be comfortable, but I promise I won't see that kind of money! (I like time off too much ;) )

C-2
04-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Congrats!
On that note...any word on the poker run, or ya still gotta stick around to keep an eye on the kiddo?

INSman
04-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Beats turning a wrench, and we are happy for you !! Congrats

DEEZ NUTTS
04-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Had a bro who ran the train shortly outa highschool. Couldnt take the schedule after two years. He saved up a huge wad in that time and has been rolling ever since. Never had time to spend and put him years ahead of the rest of our crew.

dicudmore
04-07-2006, 05:50 PM
congrats Randy :cool:
See ya soon :D

MagicMtnDan
04-07-2006, 10:22 PM
If you stand in a tub full of water and someone throws you a plugged in blow dryer you'll be a conductor too :D
Congratulations!

Ivan Dan
04-07-2006, 10:22 PM
You work out of the Barstow yard? My uncle and cousin work there.

ROZ
04-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Sweet man!

Kachina26
04-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Yeah, good luck Tuneumup! LOL, don't piss the "kiddies" off too much and tell Bozo to kill the lights comin outta Yermo.
Rio
I only seem to piss off the kiddies on the forums, I do well with the people I work with. So, who do you know on the other forums?

ahhell
04-08-2006, 07:21 AM
Congrats Randy...wave next time you drive by in the train :)

Mr.Havasu
04-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Hey there; Congrats! I'm so happy for you. See you soon,

wsuwrhr
04-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Guess that answers my question in another thread.
Congratulations.
Brian

rvrpig
04-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Now all You have to do is find a way to keep your job (one man crews) and work on being an Engineer.
Congrats FNG..........

Kachina26
04-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Now all You have to do is find a way to keep your job (one man crews) and work on being an Engineer.
Congrats FNG..........
Amen, luckily we won the case on being able to keep current crew consist until the last of the pre '85 guys retire. Hey, when the needles class starts on the 17th, see if any of them want to trade primary recalls. I'll even pay ya a $500 finders fee if you get one that wants to trade.

boatsnblondes
04-08-2006, 12:22 PM
No you don't. Railroading is a lifetime learning process, every day you learn something new. Keep your head straight, listen to what the older guys teach you, be humble, and buy coffee every now and then and you might just survive long enough to make some some money. And remember, be careful out there, LISTEN to your environment, and grow eyes in the back of your head. Remember that these cars roll on roller bearings, and make no noise as they roll. On a foggy night making a setout they wil sneak up behind you and you will never hear them coming, above all, if you don't understand a move, or are unsure of something, stop the cut and get an answer. On the UP we are big fans of job briefings, learn to use them, so you are both on the same page about the move.
And after all that, good job on getting in. Not everyone gets in, they only take the best they can find, for obvious reasons. You have every right to feel proud of yourself.
Heres a pic of your newest toys...coming soon on a stack train near you....
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12792&stc=1

Kachina26
04-08-2006, 12:37 PM
No you don't. Railroading is a lifetime learning process, every day you learn something new. I totally agree, that's why I said the learning starts now. I told myself when I started training that no matter how many times someone tells me something I've heard before, I will never say "I know". Ya never know when someone is gonna add something to it that you haven't heard. Plus it's a quick way to piss someone off, and then they'll never tell you anything :D You aren't kidding about how quiet that shit is, I'm always looking around even when I'm sure the track I'm about to cross is clear.
I'm not too proud of myself though, I don't want to get all confident just because I memorized the book stuff.

Burn Out
04-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Congrats! I have one more week here of conductor class and I take my final on thursday! 2 more weeks after that field training and I mark up in May! It goes fast, and everyday I try to learn something new! Looks to be a busy summer with all the coal and ethanol traffic this summer plus all the stacker trains you send our way!
Good luck!
:cool:

Kachina26
04-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Be careful Kachina as sometimes there are NO second chances.
Good luck,
Rio
Thank you sir, I will.
You never did say who you know off of that other board...............

boatsnblondes
04-08-2006, 10:59 PM
We don't haul coal out here, or ethanol, and BNSF sure as heck does not send "stacker" trains our way....best forget what type of train it is, and get ready for 25 hour days in the 120 degree heat out by Palm Springs.....your best days are far behind you.....