PDA

View Full Version : probally a dumb ?? about toy haulers

gramps
08-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Has anyone ever seen a toy hauler that a boat can fit into?? I think the width would be a problem, but it would be koooool to winch you boat and trailer into the hauler then roll it out when you get to the water.

HavasuDreamin'
08-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Yes. I believe the guru has one. They will fit a small boat. Hope your not trying to fit a 36' Nortech in one.
HD

gramps
08-02-2004, 12:46 PM
just an 18 - 20 footer would work good.

Sweet Addiction
08-02-2004, 12:46 PM
The only thing I have ever seen is like cargo trailers with bunks in them, and they were mostly bass boats. Never seen anything enclosed for larger boats. But you do have a good idea. You are talking about pulling your boat into an enclosed trailer right. Or do you want like an 18 wheeler that you can put your truck, trailer and boat into and then pull it out?

HavasuDreamin'
08-02-2004, 12:53 PM
They are called weekend warriors I believe. Pretty cool concept. I believe some can fit 18' - 19' boats.
HD :cool:

MudPumper
08-02-2004, 01:17 PM
The limiting factor for any trailer or toy hauler is the legal width. If you want to fit a boat in one it would have to be on a dolly trailer. No regular trailer is going to fit inside a toyhauler.

jerry billet
08-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Used a 24' Haul Mark trailer to haul my 21' Daytona. Has a dolly trailer with golf cart wheels. Real tight fit.
Roll it out, extend the tonge, hook to truck and launch. Left me with a shop area, set up tables, canopies, drums of fuel....
when your done, put it all away,(electric winch) and park in the side yard. Nice and dry for the winter. Kept the boat out of the garage. kept momma happy. Also did not have to worry about where I parked, kept all locked up tight.
I would highly recomend it.
Sold it in favor of a larger rig. Coming in two weeks. I'll share pictures then.

Kindsvater Flat
08-02-2004, 02:19 PM
yes you can. There are a few guys in the v-drive section that have them. You have to get a dolly trailer to put the boat on. A regular trailer will not fit inside.

Ziggy
08-02-2004, 03:07 PM
Seen it one time about 10 years ago here at the Oceanside Harbor...To park in designated spots you had to have a boat trailer and this guy was about to get a ticket.....so he runs out to the metermaid and says why the ticket? She said, needs to be a boat trailer, so he opens the back gate and there was his boat. He would launch right out of the trailer, he had bunk extensions to run the boat in/out the trailer...looked like it worked slick.

ROZ
08-02-2004, 03:12 PM
My wife's uncle use to have a custom 50ft 5th wheel that he's put is 21ft Schiada Rc into.....

gramps
08-02-2004, 03:57 PM
ok now with all your help I've got the picture drawn up in my mind..........now part two is the real hard part..............anyone got any extra $$$$ to do this with????????