PDA

View Full Version : First Day of School for Me (the parent).

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 03:48 PM
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/Misc...Stuff./Family%20Pics/NathanHouse.jpg
What an emotional day. I thought sending him to school was going to suck, but once he got home and told me everything, it was awesome, it made me smile. I dont think you realize just how fast they grow up, until you are a parent. I know we always say we need to spend more time with them, but I realize it more and more everyday, as soon as he got off school, we went bowling. Being a parent is great.
When we first dropped him off he screamed and once he sat down, he got up and bolted out the door with the teacher chasing him, she grabbed him and a couple of other parents helped get him back in the class.
When we picked him up she said, "Within 2 minutes he was perfect, he is a great speaker and talks alot he really wants to help out in the class." This was the look on his face once he saw me step in the classroom...
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/Misc...Stuff./Family%20Pics/NathanClass.jpg
The good times... :)

Kilrtoy
08-02-2004, 03:51 PM
That is one of those days you never forget

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-02-2004, 03:52 PM
oh congrats.. he is a cutie.. You will always remember that day.. I know he will.. I still remember my first day..
congrats to a very proud Daddy.. ;) ;)

HCS
08-02-2004, 03:55 PM
It's a good day.:)
Wait till they bring home other kids habbits.
Like cussing.:eek:

topless
08-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Like cussing.:eek: Or their first fight.:eek:

Coach
08-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Like cussing.:eek:
He will pick it up at home like everyone else. :D Soon he will be able to say sheeeet Mom, get me some Damn cookies and milk now bitch.:D

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
That is one of those days you never forget
Kilr: you said it, that is why I brought the camera and took tons of pics to remember when I am old and grey. :) all of the other parents were looking at me weird.
MrsVee: Thanks and thanks again. :) You still remember YOUR first day of school? or your KIDS? :D
Hardcore: He already knows all the words in the cuss dictionary and many more, but he is well trained NOT to repeat them and we have confidence he will not, cause all the times he plays with the kids he never brings it up.
Topless: I hope that is not for a while. :)
BTW: His teacher speaks spanish and english. His class is only white and mexican kids, I think it is great cause he can pick up some spanish, he is 1/4 mexican. (I am jealous of his tanning perfection).

HCS
08-02-2004, 04:21 PM
I had to re train my kid every night.
In some cases complain to the school about other students.
And then other parents would complain about the stuff my kid
learned from their kids.:rolleyes:

Mrs Luvnlife
08-02-2004, 05:22 PM
dmontzsta.....TOO CUTE!!!! What grade? My day is coming soon, my daughter starts kindergarten on the 16th....WOW, I thought she started school early :eek:. The day after CBBB :mad: :D. That's great.....you're a very proud Dad!! ;)

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Luvnlife
dmontzsta.....TOO CUTE!!!! What grade? My day is coming soon, my daughter starts kindergarten on the 16th....WOW, I thought she started school early :eek:. The day after CBBB :mad: :D. That's great.....you're a very proud Dad!! ;)
He started Kindergarten as well. You are in for a great day! try not to cry though, I have many pics of him and his mother bawling together in a chair outside of the classroom. :)

Scream
08-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Good luck. You've got a chick magnet there on your hands. An electrician friend of mine once told me "When you got a son, you've only got one dick to worry about..." (taken from "Screams words of wisdom" available this fall)
LOL
You bunch of kids, I've got 3, the oldest will be a senior in high school, the youngest will be in the 8th grade.
I too remember the first time our oldest went into school. She was a wreck until mom left and then she didn't want to leave.

Ziggy
08-02-2004, 06:23 PM
The first day is precious but 13 years later for HS Graduation is just as rewarding to a parent.....everything in between is heaven or hell--LOL:D Enjoy it all to the fullest dmontzsta:cool: :D
It all goes so fast so take it in as much as you can.

ratso
08-02-2004, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scream
[B]Good luck. You've got a chick magnet there on your hands. An electrician friend of mine once told me "When you got a son, you've only got one dick to worry about..."
...ain't that the truth.:D

Debbolas
08-02-2004, 07:14 PM
We start school in four weeks (wahhhhhhhhh:cry: )
I remember each of my three kids first days at kindergarden....I thought it would be easier with my son (last one to go) but it wasn't. I came home and just cried..............(they are all three teenagers now)
I get to test the Kindergardeners at our school. They are sooooo cute!:D

Dr. Eagle
08-02-2004, 07:48 PM
Let go pops you can do it........ (it aint easy!)

ULTRA28
08-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
Reminds me of a great story about my almost 5 year old. A couple months ago, the neighbor lady comes over and tells me a story. She says she heard my boy and her 4 year old arguing. She went to see what was going on and overheard this:
HER KID: Yes, it is a bad word.
My KID: No, it's not!
HER KID: Yes, it is!
My KID: No, ****ing asshole is a bad word, stupid is not a bad word, it's just not nice.
The mom interrupts them and asks him what he said. He won't repeat it. She says "It's OK, tell me what you said." He says "No, it's not OK, I'm not allowed to use those words, only daddies are."
Awesome story Bob! Mine are now 8 and 5. It's so incredible watching them grow up and learn from us.
I remember when my oldest was in preschool, he was like three years old when I got called in by the teacher one evening to scold me about something he had said.
He was using a pen that wasn't working too well and she overheard him talking to himself as he was shaking the pen saying "this pens shitty". I told her that though I too am not happy with him using that kind of language, at least he was using it in the proper context. She wasn't amused.

ROZ
08-02-2004, 08:20 PM
That's cool. My Daugter's first day of kindergarden is on the 16th. Time really does fly...
I can't believe that they have to have back packs this early. DAmn things are 2/3's their body height..lol
The wife bought her a pink girly back pack from the GAP, but I have a Blue No Fear model for when I drop her off at school:D

Debbolas
08-02-2004, 08:24 PM
When they are that small, if you can talk them into the backpack on wheels. It is a good idea. (before they realise how lame the wheeled backpacks are) Better for their young backs!:D

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Here is a pic I want to share with you guys...
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/Misc...Stuff./Family%20Pics/img001-6-1.jpg
he really is my pride and joy, having him changed my life dramatically, his first X-Mas I was in jail and from that moment on, everything changed. :) Happy Days.

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by ULTRA28
He was using a pen that wasn't working too well and she overheard him talking to himself as he was shaking the pen saying "this pens shitty". I told her that though I too am not happy with him using that kind of language, at least he was using it in the proper context. She wasn't amused.
haha, I actually think that is great. As you said, he was not using it out of context. :D
I wish I would have been there to hear it, I dont think I could of held back a laugh. :)
"Kids say the funniest things sometimes"

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Scream
Good luck. You've got a chick magnet there on your hands. An electrician friend of mine once told me "When you got a son, you've only got one dick to worry about..." (taken from "Screams words of wisdom" available this fall)
LOL
You bunch of kids, I've got 3, the oldest will be a senior in high school, the youngest will be in the 8th grade.
I too remember the first time our oldest went into school. She was a wreck until mom left and then she didn't want to leave.
Do you ever sit back and get a little emotional thinking about how they will never be that little son or daughter you remember? I am starting to do that now, just wondering if it is normal or not.

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Let go pops you can do it........ (it aint easy!)
Thanks, here is one for you Dr. :D
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/dmontzsta%20pics/IrvineLakeVDriveRegatta6-13-04/100_0749.jpg

Debbolas
08-02-2004, 08:34 PM
I was so sad when we sold our old boat, because my kids were babies in that boat. :cry: :cry: Now they are all big and grown up. Be sure to keep all their drawings and handprints:D

dmontzsta
Originally posted by ROZ
That's cool. My Daugter's first day of kindergarden is on the 16th. Time really does fly...
I can't believe that they have to have back packs this early. DAmn things are 2/3's their body height..lol
The wife bought her a pink girly back pack from the GAP, but I have a Blue No Fear model for when I drop her off at school:D
haha, if you take him his first day, wait until you see all the kids walking into the class...just a bunch of back packs is all you see.

Dr. Eagle
Originally posted by dmontzsta
Thanks, here is one for you Dr. :D
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/dmontzsta%20pics/IrvineLakeVDriveRegatta6-13-04/100_0749.jpg
LOL..... indoctrinating into the laker minions... exxxxxcellent... ;)

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
I was so sad when we sold our old boat, because my kids were babies in that boat. :cry: :cry: Now they are all big and grown up. Be sure to keep all their drawings and handprints:D
I have thought about that, what do you do with all that stuff over the years? big box + storage shed?

Kilrtoy
08-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Who is making that poor child look like that.
I need to save him

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:37 PM
LOL..... indoctrinating into the laker minions... exxxxxcellent... ;)
Kobe Bryant to him is what Michael Jordan was to everyone else.

Ntwotrance
Congrats on his first day Don :cool:

dmontzsta
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Who is making that poor child look like that.
I need to save him
How? by putting a Shaq jersey on him before he goes to sleep at night? or a bunch of little plastic reptiles? :D

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
Congrats on his first day Don :cool:
Thanks, BTW: I got 6 out of 40 right on that traffic school test 85% passed. They really need to change that, cause it is TOO easy...sure beats sitting in class for 8 hours, I did it all in less than one hour. :)

Ntwotrance
08-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Thanks, BTW: I got 6 out of 40 right on that traffic school test 85% passed. They really need to change that, cause it is TOO easy...sure beats sitting in class for 8 hours, I did it all in less than one hour. :)
sorry I couldn't hang out longer, had to go to a birthday party...

Debbolas
08-02-2004, 08:40 PM
I have thought about that, what do you do with all that stuff over the years? big box + storage shed?
Little boxes in the attic and when you buy a comforter, keep the plastic case and use that for the baby clothes.;)
How? by putting a Shaq jersey on him before he goes to sleep at night? or a bunch of little plastic reptiles?
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!(MBDW);) (BIDHB):D

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:40 PM
sorry I couldn't hang out longer, had to go to a birthday party...
No worries, I was just confirming your answers with mine and they were pretty much dead on, except for the few we discussed. BTW: after tonight "10 DAYS LEFT" remember when I said I could not wait for the teens? well, they are approaching FAST!

Dr. Eagle
08-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Kobe Bryant to him is what Michael Jordan was to everyone else.
It;s OK he'll get over him getting thrown in jail!!!!!
J/K.... good to see he is into it!!!!!!!!!

Ntwotrance
08-02-2004, 08:42 PM
No worries, I was just confirming your answers with mine and they were pretty much dead on, except for the few we discussed. BTW: after tonight "10 DAYS LEFT" remember when I said I could not wait for the teens? well, they are approaching FAST!
soon it's down to the single digits...talked to you dad, we worked out a plan on meeting up for next friday

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Little boxes in the attic and when you buy a comforter, keep the plastic case and use that for the baby clothes.;)
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!(MBDW);) (BIDHB):D
NICE! nice trick.
BTW: What do you teach?
I have a new respect for Kindergarten teachers, having 35 kids crying and telling the parents to leave and you will take care of it is amazing. :)

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:43 PM
It;s OK he'll get over him getting thrown in jail!!!!!
J/K.... good to see he is into it!!!!!!!!!
Then he will be wearing a "Free Kobe" shirt...hahaha. What is this world coming to, you have football players quiting to smoke weed and basketball players getting into "sexual relations" they dont know that these kids look up to them. :(

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:44 PM
6 out of 40 doesn't seem that good, but I guess it's better than 5. ;)
ooops, I meant 6 wrong out of 40. :)

Dr. Eagle
08-02-2004, 08:45 PM
they dont know that these kids look up to them. :(
You know it is kind of sad... what kind of role model are they when they do this stuff?:confused:

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:45 PM
soon it's down to the single digits...talked to you dad, we worked out a plan on meeting up for next friday
yes!
nice to see you guys got it figured out, I want to sleep in the backseat the entire way. :D
Also: Pumping the brakes was wrong and it did not tell me whats right, I think that is total BS.

Debbolas
08-02-2004, 08:46 PM
NICE! nice trick.
BTW: What do you teach?
I have a new respect for Kindergarten teachers, having 35 kids crying and telling the parents to leave and you will take care of it is amazing. :)
I am a tutor, I help kids read that aren't quite getting it. Grades first through third.
Truth is as soon as you leave they are fine. Their crying is like a 'gift' to you, to let you know how much they love you. I have only seen one child cry for a unusual amount of time, and she did it when she went to first grade as well.
;)

Debbolas
08-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Athletes are not role models. They bounce/kick/throw/catch a ball for a living. You are a role model for your kids.
W O R D ! ! !

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:47 PM
You know it is kind of sad... what kind of role model are they when they do this stuff?:confused:
It sort of references "biting the hand that feeds you". These guys get cocky and self centered that they are changing the games. It is all about playing for the fans, not yourself. The fans pay the bills, buying the gear, tickets, etc... sometimes you wonder if they think about the fans before they go getting in to things... they should also think about there own kids.

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:49 PM
I am a tutor, I help kids read that aren't quite getting it. Grades first through third.
Truth is as soon as you leave they are fine. Their crying is like a 'gift' to you, to let you know how much they love you. I have only seen one child cry for a unusual amount of time, and she did it when she went to first grade as well.
;)
You must be patient also, cause that is a little frustrating.
Good way of putting it.
We were walking away from the classroom when he came bolting out and the teacher and a few parents grabbed him and then I heard him say "I am going to throw up" and they shut the door. When we picked him up he would not stop talking about how great his teacher was, still talking about it as I type this.

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:50 PM
They're just regular people, like you and me. They do stupid stuff, just like everybody else. Luckily, when I do stupid stuff, Stuart Scott isn't standing around going "Boo Yah!"
haha, that is very true.

Dr. Eagle
08-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Athletes are not role models. They bounce/kick/throw/catch a ball for a living. You are a role model for your kids.
I was a role model for them. now I guess I'll be one for the grandkids. The athletes should live a bit cleaner though, kids do look up to them.

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:51 PM
I do my best and live a VERY disciplined life, I sure hope I can be a role model.

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:52 PM
I was a role model for them. now I guess I'll be one for the grandkids. The athletes should live a bit cleaner though, kids do look up to them.
Grandkids :eek: haha j/k

Dr. Eagle
08-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Grandkids :eek: haha j/k
Nice......:p ;)

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:54 PM
You're showing up to the first day of school with your camera, I think you're doing all you can. ;)
Thanks bro, I did get alot of stares from the other parents, they did not have any cameras. I thought to myself when I noticed them giving me funny looks "dont hate" :D

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Nice......:p ;)
Are you bringing the grandkids to C3B?

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 08:58 PM
You know why they're hating? Because they're standing there, like me, going "Damn, I wish I brought my camera." :D
That is exactly what I was thinking... :)

AzDon
08-02-2004, 09:59 PM
I don't remember starting school as being difficult for my kids or my wife and me......
What I DO remember as extremely heart-wrenching though, was when we moved my daughter into her dorm room at UofA and then had to leave her there........I don't think any of us stopped crying inside for days, or maybe weeks. After obsessing over her every hope, concern, heartbreak, success, trying circumstance, and victory for almost 18 years, the suddenness and permanence of the seperation was almost too much for us to handle.
Although she was barely ready at the time, she has made a pretty good life for herself in Tucson, has pretty much gotten straight "A's" and will graduate this coming year. Every time she leaves after visiting, we re-live the seperation anxiety all over again!
I have this to look forward to all over again in another two years when Nick departs for college:(

dmontzsta
08-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by AzDon
I don't remember starting school as being difficult for my kids or my wife and me......
What I DO remember as extremely heart-wrenching though, was when we moved my daughter into her dorm room at UofA and then had to leave her there........I don't think any of us stopped crying inside for days, or maybe weeks. After obsessing over her every hope, concern, heartbreak, success, trying circumstance, and victory for almost 18 years, the suddenness and permanence of the seperation was almost too much for us to handle.
Although she was barely ready at the time, she has made a pretty good life for herself in Tucson, has pretty much gotten straight "A's" and will graduate this coming year. Every time she leaves after visiting, we re-live the seperation anxiety all over again!
I have this to look forward to all over again in another two years when Nick departs for college:(
That really must be tough, even tougher than kindergarten. When your kid is gone and living their own life...boy, I dont want to think about that.