PDA

View Full Version : Caliber 1 Boats Corona Lawsuit

POWERS VS. CALIBER 1 BOATS - CORONA CA.
08-02-2004, 05:25 PM
CALIBER 1 BOATS IS CURRENTY FACING CIVIL LEGAL ACTION FOR FRAUD, CONSPIRACY AND NUMEROUS OTHER CHARGES.
IF ANYONE ON THIS SIGHT HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH CALIBER 1 IN THE LAST 1-3 YEARS PROVIDE CONTACT INFORMATION.
LET'S TURN A CIVIL SUIT INTO A "CRIMINAL COMPLAINT".
THE LAWSUIT IS NOW A PUBLIC RECORD AND CAN BE OBTAINED FROM RIVERSIDE SUPERIOR COURT, RIVERSIDE, CALIFORNIA.

Kilrtoy
08-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Wow lets see , never delivered boat , but charged for it.....

Scream
08-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Or his boat was sold by Caliber 1 and he never saw a dime...
I don't get it. Those guys seemed pretty cool when I visited there, nice shop and not a lot of fluff and extravegance.

Kilrtoy
08-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Dont get me started on Caliber 1

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-02-2004, 05:39 PM
boy I'm glad i have a commander LMAO
ok guys I got the popcorn lets hear it :(

RobR.
08-02-2004, 05:40 PM
I came really close to buying their 25'. Cliff seemed like a stand up guy. I was a little leary about buying the 2nd one out of their new mold. I remember reading about someone's boat that took like 6 months longer than promised.

Scream
08-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Yea, C'mon, I wanna hear it. I actually was gonna give them a shot but they were never open when I was shopping...Never...I was pretty flexible too and couldn't hook up...
We need a good MFG whackin about now.

Debbolas
08-02-2004, 06:00 PM
I don't like this thread because it is making my screen look really funny and stretched out.........I'm sorry you are so mad at Caliber, but couldn't you pick a shorter screen name?;)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
I don't like this thread because it is making my screen look really funny and stretched out.........I'm sorry you are so mad at Caliber, but couldn't you pick a shorter screen name?;)
Thats why my screen is also F'd up :mad:

Ziggy
08-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
Yeah, what he said...ate my popcorn last night though---got any extra SYA??

Debbolas
08-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Thats why my screen is also F'd up :mad:
It's messing with my reality MAN!!
ahhhhhhhhhh!!!:rolleyes:

ratso
08-02-2004, 06:05 PM
I was wondering what the **** was going on...:yuk:

HCS
08-02-2004, 06:06 PM
If I was leary about anything I wouldn't give them dime.
No money up front for anything. You'll have to chase down a drug
dealer to collect.:eek:
Ok, now I'll eat popcorn drink beer and watch.
What's the law suit for?

Ziggy
08-02-2004, 06:11 PM
My senses went off when I walked into that place during my shopping stage last year---something was nagging at me, plus their boats didn't fit our needs..........but they are decent looking boats.

Ziggy
08-02-2004, 06:13 PM
My screen is 100% normal--what you all talking about:confused: , or are you still using a 13" monocromatic monitor:p :D :D

Debbolas
08-02-2004, 06:18 PM
I don't know............it's a laptop:rolleyes:
I just don't like how all the threads are lined up now, it's all stretched out weird like. :eek:
Seriously, he isn't online now , can't we do something?

ratso
08-02-2004, 06:31 PM
I don't know............it's a laptop:rolleyes:
I just don't like how all the threads are lined up now, it's all stretched out weird like. :eek:
Seriously, he isn't online now , can't we do something?
Deb...just start post-whoring on every thread but this one and it should hit page two in about 5 minutes.:D

Krazy K
08-02-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by riodog
If you had spoken to Cliff one day, he was so far behind in his rent he was about to get evicted. Then a day or two later he had so many orders he didn't know what to do with them. Last time I spoke to him-2-3 months ago, he had sold out and the new owners had kept him on as a ?
Didn't he 'go away' far a while for some nefarious activity right after the shop in Anaheim on Kramer get shut down?
Been a long while and I really don't remember.
Rio
Yeah, he did "go away for awhile" to prison, I think, because he did the same shit he is doing now!! Dumbass!! I was in the process of buying a used boat from him when he "closed shop" the 1st time!!

Kachina26
08-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Don't get too excited, I think he just misspelled Commander:D :rolleyes:
What a troll, one post and then out? What happened? If it's public record then let's hear it.

Dr. Eagle
08-02-2004, 07:31 PM
So is this like an ambulance chasing attorney or what????????

Debbolas
08-02-2004, 07:32 PM
DUDE!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
08-02-2004, 07:33 PM
DUDE!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:
Rah roh rorge...... roops!!!!!!!

Mandelon
08-02-2004, 07:34 PM
YOu just had to, didn't you? :yuk: :D

PHX ATC
08-03-2004, 01:36 PM
Ignorant, who/what is Caliber 1 boats?
Sorry, just crawled out from under the rock, I guess.:confused:

PHOTOGLOU
11-10-2005, 05:13 PM
CALIBER 1 BOATS IS CURRENTY FACING CIVIL LEGAL ACTION FOR FRAUD, CONSPIRACY AND NUMEROUS OTHER CHARGES.
IF ANYONE ON THIS SIGHT HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH CALIBER 1 IN THE LAST 1-3 YEARS PROVIDE CONTACT INFORMATION.
LET'S TURN A CIVIL SUIT INTO A "CRIMINAL COMPLAINT".
THE LAWSUIT IS NOW A PUBLIC RECORD AND CAN BE OBTAINED FROM RIVERSIDE SUPERIOR COURT, RIVERSIDE, CALIFORNIA.
Pfaff thread was deleted and this stayed??????????????????

Kilrtoy
11-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Pfaff thread was deleted and this stayed??????????????????
Why was that thread deleted, .......

Daytona100
11-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Two of my buddies have caliber 1 boats really nice boats. Well built and ride real well for a 21 footer. Always someone bagging on a different mfg every other month with little or no facts. Must be winter. :cry:

Desert Rat
11-10-2005, 05:26 PM
From what i've heard the "new owner" will not honor any of the past warrenties!!? I heard he changed the corp name just enough so that he could get away with it. Just what I heard. That in it self would make me run not walk away from them and i'm pretty happy with the one I own! They could take a few lessons from John West in how to run a bussiness! Name and Rep REALLY means alot! just my .02

PHOTOGLOU
11-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Why was that thread deleted, .......
?????????????? I know that Carl from Pfaff called and requested that it be deleted......Next day it was deleted..........

CA Stu
11-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Still going on, check it out here
http://158.61.133.2/OpenAccess/CIVIL/civildetails.asp?casenumber=415666&courtcode=A&dsn=&casetype=RIC

Daytona100
11-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Same old crap. If you treat your customers well they will come back. And referrals are everything in the boat biz. If the new owners treat there customers like crap whos goeing to refer them. Word of mouth is everything in the boat biz. There are alot of mfg willing to take that 60k plus check from you. Only a few mfg have survived thru the years. I would rather pay a little more to a mfg thats been around for a while than someone who is in and out of financial hardship and has poor customer service after the sale. :hammerhea

cola
11-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Does anyone know if Mike Young ever received his Caliber 1. It was about 4 years ago. He owns Big Gun Exhaust. Super nice family guy, I think he paid up front for the boat. :umm:
Thanks, Mike

Riverkid
11-10-2005, 05:49 PM
?????????????? I know that Carl from Pfaff called and requested that it be deleted......Next day it was deleted..........
That's BS. I thought you had deleted it. What does HB have to say about that? Pretty much what Teague did before though. I guess it pays to be an advertiser?

Dribble
11-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Even though I own a Caliber 1, I have never dealt with them, never met Cliff or this Al guy. So I have no alliegence to them.
If you check the Riverside County Court Web Site you'll see that other manufacturers have been (or are) being sued (including Eliminator by the State Attorney General's Office and Aftershock by Eddie Marine).
So whoever the mysterious poster is, if you have had a problem, bring it out. If you're a party to the suit then do tell. I've read the complaint and it looks like this guy Powers has a legitimate beef with them, but who knows what he's trying to get out of it.
Remember this guy named Foss who tried to sink Cobra here about two and a half years ago. It didn't work because he was full of crap and didn't have a case. Cobra is flourishing and he is MIA.

River918
11-10-2005, 07:47 PM
I guess this explains why their web-site has been down for the last week

Dribble
11-10-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't know why their web site is down but damn you have a nice signature.

PHOTOGLOU
11-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Same old crap. If you treat your customers well they will come back. And referrals are everything in the boat biz. If the new owners treat there customers like crap whos goeing to refer them. Word of mouth is everything in the boat biz. There are alot of mfg willing to take that 60k plus check from you. Only a few mfg have survived thru the years. I would rather pay a little more to a mfg thats been around for a while than someone who is in and out of financial hardship and has poor customer service after the sale. :hammerhea
You'd think Pfaff would know this :confused:

PHOTOGLOU
11-10-2005, 09:30 PM
That's BS. I thought you had deleted it. What does HB have to say about that? Pretty much what Teague did before though. I guess it pays to be an advertiser?
Thats my thinking...... Where do I send a check

Kilrtoy
11-11-2005, 03:13 AM
Thats my thinking...... Where do I send a check
You know my address?????????????

PHOTOGLOU
11-11-2005, 09:12 AM
You know my address?????????????
Yes and you S.S.# And with credit like your I might not need to get an outside sponsor..... BUDDY :D .... Should we open a new credit card.... or just use the one with the 100k limit?????