PDA

View Full Version : Verizon hookup anyone

Excessive Force
04-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Anyone have a verizon hookup. Im already on the service just lookin for a deal on the palm treo 700. Verizon wants like $500 for it if your an existing customer....not sure I would wanna get one on ebay. any suggestions? TIA......Robert

frdvschvy
04-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Are you eligible for an upgrade? If you give me your cell phone number I can take a look at your account to see what options you have. Mike
By the way.... $499.99 is the price of the Treo 700W for new customer signing up on a two year contract as well.

SOCALDETAIL1
04-10-2006, 09:45 PM
I was thinking of getting the Verizon XV6700 is it a good Phone/PC? Mark

Havasu_Dreamin
04-11-2006, 07:28 AM
My Verizon service seems to just suck ass recently! Barely any signal in my house and then the whole deal of not working well in Havasu sicne you ahve to piggyback on the Mohave County Cellular network! Not to mentioin the GD phone will barely hold a charge now and oh, BTW, this is teh third I've had to get from Verizon becasue the other two died! Just may need to switch to Cingular when this contract is up in July.

frdvschvy
04-11-2006, 07:35 AM
My Verizon service seems to just suck ass recently! Barely any signal in my house and then the whole deal of not working well in Havasu sicne you ahve to piggyback on the Mohave County Cellular network! Not to mentioin the GD phone will barely hold a charge now and oh, BTW, this is teh third I've had to get from Verizon becasue the other two died! Just may need to switch to Cingular when this contract is up in July.
You'll have your share of problems with any wireless provider. It is a matter of finding the one you have the least amount of problems with.

voodoomedman
04-11-2006, 07:39 AM
I'm probably going to switch to Verizon from Nextel. Nextel used to be great but started going downhill and now that Sprint bought them it is just horrible. My only concern was Havasu as we do not have a house phone there. It looks like if you get a tri-mode phone everything will be okay in Havasu. I guess we'll see.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-11-2006, 07:43 AM
My only concern was Havasu as we do not have a house phone there. It looks like if you get a tri-mode phone everything will be okay in Havasu. I guess we'll see.
I've had numerous times in Havasu when I had to dial 4, 5, 6 or more times just to get a call completed. You get a message saying that all circuits are busy or something like that. Verizon does not have their own tower close by and they have to use the towers of the Mohave County Cellular system which apparently lack capacity. Someone on here that works for Verizon confirmed that the service in Havasu sucks ass becuase of this.

voodoomedman
04-11-2006, 07:50 AM
I've had numerous times in Havasu when I had to dial 4, 5, 6 or more times just to get a call completed. You get a message saying that all circuits are busy or something like that. Verizon does not have their own tower close by and they have to use the towers of the Mohave County Cellular system which apparently lack capacity. Someone on here that works for Verizon confirmed that the service in Havasu sucks ass becuase of this.
Grrrrrrr. Does anyone let you try a phone for like a weekend or something? Nextel is killing me but everybody else sucks just as bad except Verizon. My buddy was at my Havasu house and his Verizon phone worked fine but.... I just basically want it to work at the house. I could give a rat's about it working on the water. I don't need anybody bothering me while I'm having fun.

frdvschvy
04-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Grrrrrrr. Does anyone let you try a phone for like a weekend or something? Nextel is killing me but everybody else sucks just as bad except Verizon. My buddy was at my Havasu house and his Verizon phone worked fine but.... I just basically want it to work at the house. I could give a rat's about it working on the water. I don't need anybody bothering me while I'm having fun.
You have 15 days to return the phones for a full refund, and to get out of the contract at no penalty. You would only be billed for the amount of time the service is active. The majority of the customers who transfer service from other providers are not dissapointed. In fact most of the time they are thrilled with the improvement in reception and coverage quality. When you are ready to make the move to Verizon Wireless let me know, and I can hook it up for you.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Nextel is killing me but everybody else sucks just as bad except Verizon. My buddy was at my Havasu house and his Verizon phone worked fine but.... I just basically want it to work at the house.
That's the frustrating part, my signal is always at full strength but the repeated dialing for a call to complete just sucks.

voodoomedman
04-11-2006, 08:10 AM
You have 15 days to return the phones for a full refund, and to get out of the contract at no penalty. You would only be billed for the amount of time the service is active. The majority of the customers who transfer service from other providers are not dissapointed. In fact most of the time they are thrilled with the improvement in reception and coverage quality. When you are ready to make the move to Verizon Wireless let me know, and I can hook it up for you.
Thanks. That's what I figure I'll have to do. From my research Verizon is by far the best now. And I can't blame them for the Havasu problems. It's not them just being ignorant and not putting up towers like other providers. The are not allowed to in this case. Thanks for the offer of the hookup but I get the UPS discount. Unless you can get me a better deal. Actually if you can get me the same deal I'd still use you just to hook up a ***boater.

voodoomedman
04-11-2006, 08:11 AM
That's the frustrating part, my signal is always at full strength but the repeated dialing for a call to complete just sucks.
Do you have a tri-mode phone? That's why I was thinking it would be better. If the digital network is busy then it will bounce off the analog. I hope that's the case because otherwise getting a Razr at next to nothing seems pretty cool.

frdvschvy
04-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Thanks. That's what I figure I'll have to do. From my research Verizon is by far the best now. And I can't blame them for the Havasu problems. It's not them just being ignorant and not putting up towers like other providers. The are not allowed to in this case. Thanks for the offer of the hookup but I get the UPS discount. Unless you can get me a better deal. Actually if you can get me the same deal I'd still use you just to hook up a ***boater.
What kind of discount is being offered to UPS employees? I looked for it in our database, but was not able to locate the UPS contract.

voodoomedman
04-11-2006, 08:22 AM
What kind of discount is being offered to UPS employees? I looked for it in our database, but was not able to locate the UPS contract. 22% off Rate Plans. No activation fee. 50 bucks off first bill and then there's the phones.
I will not go into all of them but as far as tri-mode there are like 4 of them for free. Just to give a good example of other phones the Razr is only 80 bucks. Then you get the 50 bucks off your bill basically making it 30 bucks. The free ones I am basically being paid 50 bucks to sign up. The only thing I have to find out is if it is 50 bucks for each line of service. The deal is I can get phones from anywhere and attach it to the discount but to get the deal on the phones it is only directly through Verizon's business line.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Do you have a tri-mode phone? That's why I was thinking it would be better. If the digital network is busy then it will bounce off the analog. I hope that's the case because otherwise getting a Razr at next to nothing seems pretty cool.
The phone I have is the LG VX6000 so yes it is tri-mode according to the LG website.