PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: 455 Olds front water plate

Q-ball
02-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Still looking for that front water plate guys, anyone have one laying around?

HYDROMOBILE
02-08-2002, 04:29 PM
I have one $15.00 Jim

oldphart
02-08-2002, 04:29 PM
Ive got bout everythig for an Olds what exactly are you looking for?

Q-ball
02-08-2002, 05:03 PM
Jim, if it fits a 455 olds I'll take it, I e-mailed you today, e-mail me your phone number so we can discuss payment, shipping addresses ect. thanks for the reply!!

Wet Dream
02-09-2002, 11:26 AM
Qball..
What is going on in your garage? From your posts, it sounds like you have a 455 block, but need everything else around it. I figure you're going to request some head gaskets and bolts here pretty quick, followed by a hull to put this thing in. I am very curious though, why would you go through all the trouble with this 455 when you could have very easily dropped a 454 in it for a heck of a lot less trouble? Let us know how things are coming along. I am a 455 guy myself, but I don't have a whole lot of spare parts laying around for it (YET). Keep up the underdog.

Q-ball
02-09-2002, 09:52 PM
Wet Dream,
Here is my story. I was born in 1973, that same year my mom and dad purchased a new 1973 18' Wriedt jet boat. The boat has never left my family and last year my dad sold the boat (with a new stock 455 in the boat, and another backup new stock 455 motor complete ready to go) for $1000 as long as I never sell it outside the family. My dad was not much into performance so the motor was totally stock with the exception of an Torker intake. I'm not trying to turn it into a hot boat, that is out of my pricerange, but like the next guy I wanted it to look and run like a 28 year old owns it instead of a 50+ year old man. If I can buy used parts for less than 50% of thier original price (so far I got: Rewarder OT headers, 7 qt. oil pan, chrome holley fuel pump, engine mount ski pull, 750 cfm holley, chrome valvecovers, and soon to be air scoop and front water plate) you bet I'm gonna post and post and post. It's WAY out of my budget right now to buy this stuff new.(I would end up in divorce court)As for all of my questions I post I figure the only dumb question is one that you dont ask. Everybody on this site has been VERY helpful and its kept me from making alot of mistakes. So there it is, my boring story, hope it answered some of your questions. By the way, you got any used parts laying around? (just kidding!) LATER, Ryan

Wet Dream
02-10-2002, 10:00 AM
I don't blame you at all for looking around. I wasn't trying to get on you at all, I was just looking for the story. I am looking into building my backup motor soon. 455 stuff is out there, just not as abundant. Good luck my friend.

Q-ball
02-10-2002, 11:13 AM
Wet Dream, due to my countless hours of internet bargan hunting, I have found alot of olds parts and saved the e-addresses, if you need any help locating parts during your buildup, let me know. Later.