PDA

View Full Version : Need Wheels & Tires for 3/4 Sub.

bohica
08-03-2004, 09:58 AM
I'd like to replace the wheels and tires on my new Suburban with something a little nicer. It's a 4x4, so I'm looking for a little wider and more agressive tread pattern than stock. Think of BFG All Terrains. Don't want to lift it and would like to stay with a 16 inch wheel. What's the largest tire I can run without it rubbing? Who makes some nice 8 lug wheels. What would be the ideal wheel size/tire size combo?
Thanks for your help.:D

CARGUY
08-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by bohica
I'd like to replace the wheels and tires on my new Suburban with something a little nicer. It's a 4x4, so I'm looking for a little wider and more agressive tread pattern than stock. Think of BFG All Terrains. Don't want to lift it and would like to stay with a 16 inch wheel. What's the largest tire I can run without it rubbing? Who makes some nice 8 lug wheels. What would be the ideal wheel size/tire size combo?
Thanks for your help.:D
I put BFG 265/75/r16's on my wife's 3/4 ton Sub with no problems. I have put these on several customer vehicles as well with no problems. The 285's are pushing it in my opinion. Wheels are tough as they are strictly personal pref. But this tire combo works well for your application.
Good luck!!

Mohavekid
08-07-2004, 07:40 PM
I run BFG 265/75/16's on my 99 3/4 ton Suburban. I had the 285's before and they were just a little too big, they rubbed in front pulling into my driveway.
Wheels are personal choice.
Good luck.

Hustler
08-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey Bohica, I have some one that will buy your stock rims and tires if they will fit the 2500HD. Let me know