PDA

View Full Version : War Hero For President !

Jeanyus
08-03-2004, 09:59 AM
This site has a lot of interesting stuff on Kerrys military record.
Guess he's not such a hero after all.:frown:
http://www.swiftvets.com/

summerlove
08-03-2004, 10:05 AM
anyone can make up anything....

OGShocker
08-03-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by summerlove
This comment coming from the KING!...LOL

carbonmarine
08-03-2004, 10:09 AM
SL,
These are living breathing individuals with REAL interpersonal experience with this Joker Kerry....
** NOTE: All have made themselves very available and have made thier points and opinions open to all who would listen....
:cool: Rick32

carbonmarine
08-03-2004, 10:10 AM
LOL,
look at that ......, first two to pounce.!!
Rick32:D

Jeanyus
08-03-2004, 10:12 AM
You would think Vietnam vets would back Kerry. Unless he's a two faced, spineless, milksop, claiming to be a war hero, when he was a guest at Jane Fonda rallies.

UBFJ #454
08-03-2004, 11:20 AM
In the "Coastal Command" which the Swift Boats were in, it was policy to send anyone home who had been wounded three times if they requested it ... This can be verified by anyone who wants to research it.
Knowing the above, I have to question the integrity and leadership abilities of anyone, especially an Officer, who would write themselves up for their third Purple Heart and then request to go home after only being "In Country" 4 1/2 months ... And then upon getting home ask to be resigned totally from his full service obligation ... Which He Did and Was Released From The Navy (By an Admiral who wrote in his Service Record that it was his opinion that Kerry was UnFit For Further Service).
Just FOOD FOR THOUGHT for You'all to "Chew On" before you Vote.

spectratoad
08-03-2004, 11:21 AM
That is very true except there are these little terms that really can bite you in the ass....
track record and facts. :eek:

HighRoller
08-03-2004, 11:38 AM
I think it's interesting that SummerLove will probably spend hours on liberal websites investigating Bush's war record, but now has his fingers in his ears going "LALALALA I can't hear you...."
I guess it must be painful to once again realize your candidate is an embarrassment as well as a fraud, as proven by the written statements of OVER 250 PEOPLE FROM THE MILITARY INCLUDING THIS MAN'S SUPERIORS. In addition, Bush fully released his military record after being hounded by the press but Kerry refuses to do so. I'm glad SL is standing true to the liberal way of life:Never let the facts get in the way of your agenda. I guess next you'll tell us all 250 of them are lying and it's a Right Wing Conspiracy......:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
08-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
I think it's interesting that SummerLove will probably spend hours on liberal websites investigating Bush's war record, but now has his fingers in his ears going "LALALALA I can't hear you...."
I guess it must be painful to once again realize your candidate is an embarrassment as well as a fraud, as proven by the written statements of OVER 250 PEOPLE FROM THE MILITARY INCLUDING THIS MAN'S SUPERIORS. In addition, Bush fully released his military record after being hounded by the press but Kerry refuses to do so. I'm glad SL is standing true to the liberal way of life:Never let the facts get in the way of your agenda. I guess next you'll tell us all 250 of them are lying and it's a Right Wing Conspiracy......:rolleyes:
You right wingers are sooooo unfair...........:rolleyes: LOL.......

sizzlingcell
08-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Real Hero's telling real experiences about contact with a self proclaimed member of the Band of Brothers, granted he served his country but reading the rest of the groups stories puts alot into question... Go BUSHGO Bush [url]http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/72/20/MetalheadsShack/49/adb.jpg

Boozer
08-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Well... If it is in fact truth and not fiction then why haven't they posted the reply letter that was requested within 10 days? Its been over a month since that letter was sent.
Not Bush bashing or supporting Kerry here but I am just getting facts straight and without them showing the return letter to prove they actually sent this and it wasnt made up I can't believe either way regarding it.

Hallett19
08-03-2004, 11:52 AM
John Kerry is a "Manchurian Candidate"

carbonmarine
08-03-2004, 11:53 AM
the worst part was when he got on that stage with Max Cleland.... I knew right there he was doomed.....
What a joke.... where was Chesty Pullers son and Ron Kovik ?
Rick

JakeAisA
08-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Hallett19
John Kerry is a "Manchurian Candidate"
He's the "Frenchurian" Candidate...heard a caller refer to him as that on Rush yesterday.

Wet Dream
08-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Kerry is a fraud. The dems are throwing him in there this year because they don't have anyone that can stand a chance against Bush. Things will be different 4 years from now when Ms. Clinton gets through screwing NY and looks to the nation for the 2nf half of her "term".
Its topics like this that you keep looking over your shoulder wondering if catmando is going to spew his views again. :D

gnarley
08-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Well it seems they both have military problems. But this not an election to see who had the best military service record though Kerry seems to think so. Who has the best military record really doesn't matter that much does it? After all Clinton was elected and so was Bush who can't come up with a good explanation about what he did for 9 months.
What really matters who is best fit to serve the people, Righties, Lefties and moderates. We all have opinions and some with huge bias. But luckily we have Democracy and most times it gets the candidate elected who has the most votes. Maybe someday we will stop using the Electoral College and presidents will be elected with popular vote again. Then we will have less to bitch at and have to live with who the majority voted in for those next four years.
This one will be interesting

mirvin
08-03-2004, 12:12 PM
This kinda reminds me of when DOLE was running agianst Clinton. Even though I voted for Bush Senior four years earlier I clearly understood that DOLE was a terrible choice so I voted for CLinton, becuase I've never been a "MY Guy" voter;)
I look around and see the "My Guy" complex in full effect in the Liberal camp. No way any of them really believe Kerry is a solid choice, they just have so much contemp for BUsh that they can't see strait.
mirvin - not worried about Kerry;)

summerlove
08-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
This comment coming from the KING!...LOL
First of all, I don't make $hit up, unless of course it suits my needs :D
(Jeez man - I'm just kidding!)

summerlove
08-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
SL,
These are living breathing individuals with REAL interpersonal experience with this Joker Kerry....
** NOTE: All have made themselves very available and have made thier points and opinions open to all who would listen....
:cool: Rick32
and his boatmates that stood behind him at the convention are all liars and nothing he did or said was true...:rolleyes:
While they may be living and breathing individuals, I'd bet they were politically motivated. I put my money on the ones who actually served with him....
BTW, what happened to those 9 months? Still haven't heard!

summerlove
08-03-2004, 12:26 PM
LOL,
look at that ......, first two to pounce.!!
Rick32:D
who woulda figured!:yuk: :wink:

summerlove
08-03-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by BEAR_454PE
In the "Coastal Command" which the Swift Boats were in, it was policy to send anyone home who had been wounded three times if they requested it ... This can be verified by anyone who wants to research it.
Knowing the above, I have to question the integrity and leadership abilities of anyone, especially an Officer, who would write themselves up for their third Purple Heart and then request to go home after only being "In Country" 4 1/2 months ... And then upon getting home ask to be resigned totally from his full service obligation ... Which He Did and Was Released From The Navy (By an Admiral who wrote in his Service Record that it was his opinion that Kerry was UnFit For Further Service).
Just FOOD FOR THOUGHT for You'all to "Chew On" before you Vote.
Chew on this big boy....
Of those that have critisized Kerry, only one of them, Steven Gardner, actually served under Lt. Kerry's command on a Swift boat. The other men who served under Kerry's command continue to speak positively of him:
"In 1969, I was Sen. Kerry's gun mate atop of the Swift boat in Vietnam. And I just wanted to let everyone know that, contrary to all the rumors that you might hear from the other side, Sen. Kerry's blood is red, not blue. I know, I've seen it.
"If it weren't for Sen. John Kerry, on the 28th of February 1969, the day he won the Silver Star . . . you and I would not be having this conversation. My name would be on a long, black wall in Washington, D.C. I saw this man save my life."3
— Fred Short
"I can still see him now, standing in the doorway of the pilothouse, firing his M-16, shouting orders through the smoke and chaos . . . Even wounded, or confronting sights no man should ever have to see, he never lost his cool.
I had to sit on my hands [after a firefight], I was shaking so hard . . . He went to every man on that boat and put his arm around them and asked them how they're doing. I've never had an officer do that before or since. That's the mettle of the man, John Kerry." — David Alston
"What I saw back then [in Vietnam] was a guy with genuine caring and leadership ability who was aggressive when he had to be. What I see now is a guy who's not afraid to tackle tough issues. And he knows what the consequences are of putting people's kids in harm's way." — James Wasser
Many of Kerry's Vietnam commanders and fellow officers also continue to speak positively of him:
Navy records, fitness reports by Kerry's commanders and scores of interviews with Swift boat officers and crewmen depict a model officer who fought aggressively in river ambushes and won the respect of many of his crewmates and commanders, even as his doubts about the war grew.
"I don't like what he said after the war," said Adrian Lonsdale, who commanded Kerry for three months in 1969. "But he was a good naval officer."
"I don't know what conclusions you can draw about someone's ability to lead from their combat experience, but John's service was commendable," said James J. Galvin, a former Swift boat officer . . . "He played by the same rules we all did."
How well all of these men knew John Kerry is questionable, and discrepancies between how some of them described Kerry thirty-five years ago and how they describe him today suggest that their opinions are largely based upon political differences rather than objective assessments of Kerry's military record. For example, Rear Admiral Roy Hoffman is quoted above, yet the Los Angeles Times reported:
. . . Hoffman and Kerry had few direct dealings in Vietnam. A Los Angeles Times examination of Navy archives found that Hoffman praised Kerry's performance in cabled messages after several river skirmishes.
:mad:

summerlove
08-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
My candidate is an embarassment and a fraud! Give me a break. Your head HR is so deeply buried up your a$$ you'll need a protologist to help you find your way out! I don't have time to scour liberal websites like you do to find fault in everyting that yo don't politically agree with! You are so short sighted. "W" is the embarassment of the country right now and will continue to be so until a change is made, and that will take place in January. He can then go join the unemployment line with his old man. At least the Sr. Bush was credentialed when he took office. Jr. was the gov of Texas - a part time, mostly ceremonial position.
Oh, and another thing, Bush still has 9 months missing.
You mentioned the Right Wing Conspiracy, not me....:yuk:

carbonmarine
08-03-2004, 12:48 PM
WEAK....... WEAK ....... WEAK Arguments Summer.
:p

summerlove
08-03-2004, 12:59 PM
WEAK....... WEAK ....... WEAK Arguments Summer.
:p
I was disputing the comments regarding his swift boat record and the fact that the comments came form people who actually served under him were weak? Gimme a break Mr. Sensation! Truth hurts, huh!;)

Wet Dream
08-03-2004, 01:05 PM
SL, you have 6 replies in a row. :confused: This topic must be getting you in a frenzy. Are you getting scared? :D

unleashed
08-03-2004, 01:19 PM
If you go to snopes.com there is plenty of info on facts and fiction regarding both bush and Kerry. Also someone pointed out contributions made by Mrs. Kerry to the Tide foundation you can read about that there as well. Its actually a pretty cool site and also depicts videos that people think are fake but may be real. Oh yeah I do not have an opinion either way on Kerry or Bush. They are both politicians and will say and do anything to please there constituients who have paid to have them there! You just have to try to choose between the lesser of 2 evils. :D
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

summerlove
08-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Wet Dream
SL, you have 6 replies in a row. :confused: This topic must be getting you in a frenzy. Are you getting scared? :D
No, I just replied as I came to them after lunch. ;) Which, was BTW, very good, thank you!

gnarley
08-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
I look around and see the "My Guy" complex in full effect in the Liberal camp. No way any of them really believe Kerry is a solid choice, they just have so much contemp for BUsh that they can't see strait.
Does one need to be a Liberal to have a “my guy” complex?
Doesn't anyone who has contempt for the other party’s choice fall into this? There are people who are not liberal who may see Kerry as their guy as there might also be those who are not conservative who see GW as their guy as they have so much contempt for anything Democratic and this seems to be the majority here.

Wet Dream
08-03-2004, 01:53 PM
No, I just replied as I came to them after lunch. ;) Which, was BTW, very good, thank you!
As long as you stick with your "No Carb" diet. :D

mirvin
08-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by gnarley
Does one need to be a Liberal to have a “my guy” complex?
Doesn't anyone who has contempt for the other party’s choice fall into this? There are people who are not liberal who may see Kerry as their guy as there might also be those who are not conservative who see GW as their guy as they have so much contempt for anything Democratic and this seems to be the majority here.
That's what I meant...... that the "my guy" thing, at least as far as I can remember, has been a Republican thing.....unless I just never noticed the left doing it.......but now I do notice the left doing it.
I mean, I don't have contempt for Kerry, I just like the job Bush has done and don't like Kerry's background of killing the military and that's what forms my decision in this matter, not that Bush is "my guy".. you know???
mirvin

Jeanyus
08-03-2004, 02:38 PM
A man with a silver star, a bronze star, and 3 purple hearts is a hero. Untill he throws those medals away, denounces his country, and calls everyone who fought in Vietnam, baby killers, rapists, and evil murders.
To me Thats like giving the congressional medal of honor to a french guy.

gnarley
08-03-2004, 02:44 PM
mirvin, thank you for being direct and answering the question.
You said "I just like the job Bush has done" would you elaborate on what you like about it? I am just curious and if you don't want to answer in fear of being pelted by his detractors I understand.

Delta Jets
08-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Yea what jeanyus said.Most Vets i know are proud they served but sick because they got crapped on when they returned

Jeanyus
08-03-2004, 03:09 PM
No one is trying to tell Kerry what to do wth his medals.
No one is telling him to shut up. How can you call yourself a hero.
And insult all the rest of the hero's out there at the same time. And yes he insulted all the Vietnam vets.
The way I see the military makes mistakes all the time that explains kerrys silver star, bronze star, and purple hearts.

HighRoller
08-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Shockwave Bob, Kerry did actually impune the integrity of ALL members of the military when he blamed the supposed "war crimes" he saw on the military "culture".
Secondly, he can only find 10-12 men to stand behind him when over 250 men he served above, under and with have signed statements to the effect that his performance was very poor. If they are liars, the Kerry camp can very easily dismiss these lies by releasing his FULL military record. Such a distinguished and accomplished hero should have nothing to hide. So why does he refuse to open his records? Because his FITREPs are full of derogatory marks and the actions that resulted in his medals are all questionable.
Lastly, he is a self-proclaimed hero. What other type of man has to send off his own request to be granted a medal and then protests when he is denied? What kind of man accepts a purple heart for a self-inflicted wound that was fixed with a BAND-AID? And what kind of man slanders his fellow servicemen to gain political traction? He's a piece of trash of Clinton caliber IMO.

Seadog
08-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Kerry is the real Frank Burns, just more devious. You can protest the war without the lies and traitorous acts. Opinion is one thing, Kerry is low life. The only thing sorrier is those brain dead idiots who vote for him.

1978 Rogers
08-03-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm tired of hearing the Dems at the convention & supporters saying Bush lied to the us about WMD in Iraq. He had bad intel. He was told they were there and he acted on it. That doesn't make him a lyer. Can any of you speculated on what Gore would have done.
Also the Dems don't believe Sadam supported or had any connection with terrorism. What the F@#% is the matter with these people.
How many men, women & children did he have killed? I remember hearing a lot in the news about finding mas graves in Iraq.
Moore's farenheit 911 is turning into a joke. It's great to hear the Saudis bashing fact Moore stated in his movie.

UBFJ #454
08-03-2004, 09:03 PM
ShockwaveBob -
Starting in 1964 I started the first of my "Several Tours" in S.E. Asia serving as a 0231/8654 Marine and I have my fair share of "Junk" that was awarded for my Teams Actions.

MagicMtnDan
08-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Yeah, Kerry's a real war "hero"
He's impuned the integrity of those who also served in Vietnam. He tossed others' medals or ribbons or maybe they were his - I can't tell you because he's flip-flopped on this story more than my sandals.
He's talking about serving the middle class yet he made MILLIONS off both of his wives. He's going to raise taxes yet he's got so much money he'll never know if he's paying more or less taxes.
He talks about a plan for Iraq but never tells anyone what his plan is.
He's busy telling everyone how he'll protect us but he's voted AGAINST just about every armed services appropriations bill he's ever had in front of him in the senate.
He's pathetic and I'll bet that those of you voting for Kerry are ONLY doing so because YOU HATE Bush.
Admit it - you hate Bush and you'd vote for Al Sharpton if he was your candidate.