PDA

View Full Version : Southwind owners!!!!!

roostwear
08-03-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm getting ready to make the next run of billet hitch covers, and am considering adding the Southwind to Tahiti, Rogers and Taylor..Who's interested?

Mr Twister
08-03-2004, 05:56 PM
How much, If the price is right I'll take one.

1Bahnerjet
08-03-2004, 06:26 PM
hey, don't forget the Bahner T-Shirts :D

roostwear
08-03-2004, 06:40 PM
They go for $49.95 You can check the quality of the others here (http://www.roostwear.com/cover.htm).I've wanted to do Southwind, but I have a minimum to meet. If I can hit that, it'll happen.

XClutchboy725
08-03-2004, 06:55 PM
I'm your huckleberry! and I know Dan will want one too!! :D
...seriously, I'll take one. Does it come with a free "Southwind" sticker?:D

moneysucker
08-03-2004, 07:50 PM
Nice but I have a hidden hitch so I will have to pass. The SW may be up for sale anyways.:( Everything has a price.

1978 Rogers
08-03-2004, 08:01 PM
You have a good idea XClutchboy725.
I didn't get a Rogers sticker when I ordered my Rogers hitch cover.:D

Brooski
08-04-2004, 12:12 AM
I'll take one if you do it. I like the idea of a free sticker with it also. BTW, do you have the original decals that are on each side of the boat?

SoggyJet
08-04-2004, 04:06 AM
Hey Roostwear,
How about one with the Berkeley logo? I would go for one of those.
Doug

roostwear
08-04-2004, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by XClutchboy725
Does it come with a free "Southwind" sticker?:D
No, it comes with a free box, and some really fun bubble wrap. Good for hours of enjoyment! :D

roostwear
08-04-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by SoggyJet
Hey Roostwear,
How about one with the Berkeley logo? I would go for one of those.
Doug
Berkeley is a registered trademark. I cannot legally reproduce it with a license from CP

XClutchboy725
08-04-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by roostwear
No, it comes with a free box, and some really fun bubble wrap. Good for hours of enjoyment! :D
Cool! I can have lots of fun with that!! :D

FOURQ
08-04-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by roostwear
Berkeley is a registered trademark. I cannot legally reproduce it with a license from CP
the southwind font is custom and is owned by a few pepole too just so you know

FOURQ
08-04-2004, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by XClutchboy725
\ Does it come with a free "Southwind" sticker?:D
i gan get you a southwind sticker if ya need one ..its not free tho.
:)

bigriverdog
08-04-2004, 05:53 AM
Sign me up for one.

roostwear
08-04-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by FOURQ
the southwind font is custom and is owned by a few pepole too just so you know
Actually it's not. It's a commercially available font.

Petrofied
08-04-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by FOURQ
the southwind font is custom and is owned by a few pepole too just so you know A person can make products for them self right? Just can't reproduce for cash or market them....................or no?

Nucking futs
08-04-2004, 07:19 AM
Thats funny shit.That font was hand drawn by my grandma and is or was tradmarked as dealing with fleetwood and the southwind name and went into litigation and we won so i can show you the court papers if ya like,but i have no problems with you making the product as long as you kick me one. :D

roostwear
08-04-2004, 07:26 AM
Southwind is no longer a business concern. Actually, Jem-craft Inc. is not. The word "Southwind" has different trademarks, depending upon the Goods and Services designation. Southwind is a current trademark in motorhomes. It is dead in recreational boats (http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=g1hnit.4.30)
You as an individual can reproduce Berkeley for your own use, just not for someone else. Trademark is an area that I take very seriously, and research extensively. People have asked me to reproduce trademarked items, and I have not, and will not do it. Why make a couple bucks on a sticker and face a hefty fine?

Nucking futs
08-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Im not into this bashing thing i gave you my # to call me and you did not. like i said i have no problem with you making this stuff but the font thing is all i was talking about.Feel free to make all the shirts and stickers you want as needed.When you want the real thing let me know and i will hook you up.We have all the originals and are going to make the older ones as well,we have 3 different shirts.The southwind name cannot be trademarked as you said it can only be used to name a style or type as that was hashed out in court.It was southwind by jen- craft (Don JENnings) the owner was dragged into court on that to and then it had to be changed to Jem craft.Mr roost im not trying to bash or tell you what you can and cant do so i look forward to talkijng to you at c3b and maybe we can do something together.I too have have a billet connection and i think i could get them done cheaper.Ill talk to you later.......Tim

Dimarco Kid
08-04-2004, 07:55 AM
I'm up for a hitch cover! E-mail me with info I need.

roostwear
08-04-2004, 08:15 AM
I can get a better idea how many if anyone that's interested goes to the Hitch Cover page (http://www.roostwear.com/cover.htm) and selects Southwind from the list on the lower left.

HotHallet
08-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Can you make Hallett hitch cover. I would dig it!

BadBahner
08-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 1Bahnerjet
hey, don't forget the Bahner T-Shirts :D
I 'll buy a bahner shirt or hitch cover. Roost - thanks for the sticker, just got it a couple of days ago.
Eric

FOURQ
08-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Actually it's not. It's a commercially available font.
well to be truthfull it is and the font you use is NOT the original font i can tell the diffrance between the two :idea:

roostwear
08-05-2004, 06:35 PM
well to be truthfull it is and the font you use is NOT the original font i can tell the diffrance between the two :idea:
What an eye. Then you probably noticed the designs aren't from the commercial font, they're digitized from the original literature. :rolleyes:

FOURQ
08-05-2004, 10:30 PM
What an eye. Then you probably noticed the designs aren't from the commercial font, they're digitized from the original literature. :rolleyes:
dont think so i have done them my self and they are still the same as the original

Nucking futs
08-06-2004, 07:46 AM
Doesnt close count? IMO it looks close enough to run.I looked at dans stickers and they looked good to me.Live and let live, :argue:

wsuwrhr
08-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Roost,
Put me down for an "Anthony Boats" hitch cover when you get them going.
Thanks,
Brian