PDA

View Full Version : RV parks for 3 to 4 days

PHX ATC
08-03-2004, 05:24 PM
I need some help.
My parents are going up to Lake Havasu City in October and are bringing their RV. It's a small one, 27 feet or so (they're retired) and asked me where a good place to rent a spot is. I have no idea.
So, I pose this same question to the masses. Remember, they're my parents, old school, bible belt, quiet, rocking chair and book style old farts. They don't have to be near the water at all (they don't have a boat), but want to be near supermarket and highway access. I think everywhere in Havasu is near a market and the highway.
Anyway, they will only be staying for 3 to 4 days and I'm wondering what would be a good place.
Thanks in advance.

HAULNZ
08-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
tell them to stay off the "D" ROW at C/H;) :D
Oh NO:eek: I real nice park is Cattail Cove. They actually have trees in the park. Its right next to Sandpoint Marina that has a restaurant and store. It's a state park so they keep things under control. There web site is www.pr.state.az.us/Parks/parkhtml/cattail.html

PHX ATC
08-03-2004, 07:22 PM
T&B, I have no idea where you're talking about, sorry.
HaulnZ, thank you for the link and info. I'll have to have them over to look at the website (they don't have internet yet).:rolleyes:

pebo
08-03-2004, 09:13 PM
You can try and get them a spot at The Islander RV Resort. Nicest place in Havasu. And no i dont stay there anymore.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54217;)

Outnumbered
08-03-2004, 11:56 PM
The only bad thing about Cattail is that they don't take reservations. If they show up and its full they're...DOOMED.
OL

sigepmock
08-04-2004, 06:20 AM
Havasu RV Resort is very quite and new, with a pool, jacuzi, and club house with pool tables and a big screen. It north of town by the airport.
Havasu RV Resort (http://www.havasurvresort.com/)

jbtrailerjim
08-04-2004, 08:33 AM
How about the Beachcomber on the island. They have rv spots with full hook ups. I stay there and its a nice place. October should be quiet there. Here's there phone # (928)855-2322.

XTRM22
08-04-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by PHX ATC
T&B, I have no idea where you're talking about, sorry.
He's referring to The D row of campsites at CrazyHorse Rv park, AKA DeathROw Know to be over run with cart driving 100+mph cat owning, goose drinking maniacs.:D
Don't fear the Horse! my parents like to stay at CrazyHorse either right down on the water, or on the upper level near the pool. It's only crazy if you participate in the craziness.;)
Chuck

pebo
08-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Sorry for the bad link.. try this for the Islander RV Resort
www.islanderrvresort.com
:sqsmile:

BoatFloating
08-04-2004, 09:05 PM
tell them to stay off the "D" ROW at C/H;) :D
Hey, we will be gone by Oct 1st so they are safe. Alot of the snow birds roll in then so Crazy Horse would work.
Phx ATC, D row is where all me and the crazy bunch of friends have spent the summer months causing KAOS! DOOMED! You need to go into Cats And Tunnels to understand...

Tremor Therapy
08-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Toby,
When exactly are the p's headin to the zoo? Cuz I think the second week of October is the lake lice national championships....could be difficult to find a place anywhere in town! :cry:

PHX ATC
08-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Toby,
When exactly are the p's headin to the zoo? Cuz I think the second week of October is the lake lice national championships....could be difficult to find a place anywhere in town! :cry:
October 10-13th.

THOR
08-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Sorry for the bad link.. try this for the Islander RV Resort
www.islanderrvresort.com
:sqsmile:
I second this motion. I have stayed there on many occassions and it is nice and has its own lauch ramp and beaches.

iparky
08-05-2004, 02:34 PM
That is the jet ski national weekend, :eek: things are filling up. I was at Cattail last year during this time and it was FULL on thursday night.
:idea2: Try some of the resorts that don't cater to the boater, ie. not near the water. there are many in town just do a search of camp grounds or rv resorts in lake havasu city. Good luck and have them act fast to make reservations.