PDA

View Full Version : POPRA Huntington Beach race

nextasex
08-03-2004, 07:52 PM
For those of you Offshore race fans, don't forget to go check out the race on the 14th and 15th in Huntington Beach. BTW, Team Lavey with the F1-11 boat took first place last week at Benecia! Great going Kevin and David!!
Check out http://www.pacificoffshore.com for more info.
Frank

kevnmcd
08-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Frank,
Have you been there before? Can we watch from the water in our boats? Might be cool to go watch.

nextasex
08-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Kev, yes you can. You can watch from outside the boundaries. There are safety boats set up all around the course. It's a blast man! Total head to head competition!!
Frank

kevnmcd
08-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Are you going to be out there? I am thinking of going and checking it out.

harleypauls
08-04-2004, 08:15 AM
Hey, We will be racing our boat out there too. F1 class. Covey racing. It is a blast!! I am the crew chief. We wnet to Pittsburg race last week, and it was awsome. The boats are in different classes, but they all race at the same time. The "batboat" flipped over in a corner in Pittsburg, but everyone got out okay. They usually have a festival going on in conjunction with the race all weekend. You can walk the dry pits and check out all the boats and their set-ups. You can even talk to us (if we aren't in the middle of fixing something last minute, like everyone always has to do in any kind of racing). There are some pretty awsome people that race, and some really bitchen boats. I will be there all weekend. Stop by and say hey, I am putting an attachment of the pic of our boat.
Paul, Crew chief, Covey Racing F1-007

RiverToysJas
08-04-2004, 09:45 AM
DAMN! F-11 will be racing 10 minutes from my house and I'll be in Nevada @ the CBBB. Oh well I can't be in two places at once, so I'll have to be with David and Kevin in spirit and prayer.
http://www.laveycraft.com/images/racing/2003/4.jpg
http://www.laveycraft.com/images/racing/2003/5.jpg
I wish all you guys good luck and good racing. I've attended the last couple of these HB races and they a lot of fun IMO.
RTJas :D

kevnmcd
08-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Does anyone know what time the races start and end?

harleypauls
08-04-2004, 10:25 AM
We do testing on Saturday usually from around 10am to 2:00 pm or somewhere around there, Then we race on Sunday, usually at around 12:00 noon.
Paul

kevnmcd
08-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks, Paul. Probably be there Sunday. :D Good luck.

beach gomer
08-04-2004, 06:22 PM
the races are awsome to watch I've been down to long beach and oceanside a few times to watch Rick H and Dave R in the old 29'.Only one thing that sucks about these rces is that there might only be two boats or even one boat in each class, thats why Kevin and Dave do alot of racing back east. For more competition.West cost racing needs to pick it up.

nextasex
08-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Yes, these races are a blast!! If you are in town, it is definetly worth going!
Frank :)

monkey rage frank
08-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Hey If anyone goes to that race check out the trophies. My dad does all the popra race trophies and yes those races are a kick in the ass. To see all those boats and especially how they put them if the water. It's pretty cool and they can always use spectater appreciation.. It's fun check it out!!!!!!!

220EagleXp
08-05-2004, 06:52 AM
Will the course come close the huntington pier? Where will be the best place to watch from shore.