PDA

View Full Version : Boat wipe down

phebus
08-03-2004, 08:26 PM
I was admiring how nice my friends boat looked today, and he said the trick is what he uses to wipe it down at the end of the day. He uses 50/50 Suave hair conditioner and water. Says it removes the water spots, doesn't take off your wax, doesn't streak, and leaves a beautifull shine. It looked good.

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by phebus
I was admiring how nice my friends boat looked today, and he said the trick is what he uses to wipe it down at the end of the day. He uses 50/50 Suave hair conditioner and water. Says it removes the water spots, doesn't take off your wax, doesn't streak, and leaves a beautifull shine. It looked good.
Really?
We use vinegar and water and a shammie:cool:

phebus
08-03-2004, 08:39 PM
That's what I have used in the past, but he says this won't remove your wax, and actually makes the boat look better. I'm going to buy some at the store tomorrow, and will let you know how it works.

Scream
08-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey, at least he uses the cheap stuff.

HAULNZ
08-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Tried some of Warlock 25's Frenzy Spray wax on the last trip to the river, and it worked better than anything I have ever used. I was able to spray and wipe down our boat by myself in about 5 minutes. I did this in the heat of the afternoon and it left no streaks. I would highly recommend it. :D

HCS
08-03-2004, 08:52 PM
No..No...No....No. Vinager takes the smell away. Nothing else.
If you want to keep your boat clean, everytime you pull it out of
the water, you and your buddies wipe it down.
Or you and your wife.:rolleyes:

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by HAULNZ
Tried some of Warlock 25's Frenzy Spray wax on the last trip to the river, and it worked better than anything I have ever used. I was able to spray and wipe down our boat by myself in about 5 minutes. I did this in the heat of the afternoon and it left no streaks. I would highly recommend it. :D
I need to try this!!!:D

phebus
08-04-2004, 05:58 AM
I bought a bottle, and it is the best!! But, it is empty and I am looking for a cheaper alternative. I go through a lot of that shit, but the boat looks good.

franky
08-04-2004, 06:04 AM
Yes indead, the Sauve works great. It does remove the spots, leaves a nice shine too. But only use about 10-15% Sauve Conditioner to 85-90% water otherwise you will be wipen like a fool.
The coconut Sauve makes the boat smell good also, kinda tropical.
This was really a Cole owners thing, but now its out!

NashvilleBound
08-04-2004, 06:29 AM
I will try the Suave thing. I use furniture polish (pledge or ZEP)when were done for the day as it coats the sled real nice and takes any crap off. I doubt it would remove hard water spots, but we dont have those out here:yuk: Then again we dont have choppy water either.

franky
08-04-2004, 06:37 AM
I'll take a little chop now na dthen over your freekin water mocasins. Wifey don't dig snakes in the water.

Garrddogg
08-04-2004, 07:44 AM
That stuff is the "s hit" works great and quick and easy,a lil more pricey than vinigar but WELL worth it.... Its important to keep your investment looking GOOD!
John and Michel (Worlock 25)have a waxing frenzy customer for life!!
they great peoples too!
Force 26
Gary :D

SHOCKWAVETOM
08-04-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Force 26
That stuff is the "s hit" works great and quick and easy,a lil more pricey than vinigar but WELL worth it.... Its important to keep your investment looking GOOD!
they great peoples too!
Force 26
I agree with what you say. I also use it...well, I have once and didn't need to use much at all. I plan on using it maybe every other time. The other times will be 50/50% vinegar and water. Not a lil more pricey...MUCH more pricey but worth it :).

summerlove
08-04-2004, 08:15 AM
I never wipe my boat down and it looks perfect every time I put it back in the water!
After each trip I call warlock25 and he comes to my house and detailes it for me!;)
It's always so shiny and pretty!!!!:D

FRENCHIE
08-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Force 26
they great peoples too!
Force 26
how does it work when your floating in the water??? trying to clean at the same time!??:p ;) :D

Desert Rat
08-04-2004, 10:03 AM
I use just the micro fiber cloths sold at Costco and they do a fantastic job of removing the water spots. Keep one in the boat all the time for the quick wipe downs in the water.

Garrddogg
08-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
how does it work when your floating in the water??? trying to clean at the same time!??:p ;) :D
I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT !:rolleyes:

RiverToysJas
08-04-2004, 10:13 AM
I wipe my boat down with - 1/3rd WD-40, 1/3rd Rottweiler Pee (must be a male that has not been neutered), and 2/3rds skimmed milk, the end solution is 4/3rds total parts but it works really great for getting the spots off, while keeping the wax. You guys should try it and let me know what you think! ;)
RTJas :D

mbrown2
08-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Desert Rat
I use just the micro fiber cloths sold at Costco and they do a fantastic job of removing the water spots. Keep one in the boat all the time for the quick wipe downs in the water.
Those things are the bomb...bought like three packs two months ago, and they are the best towels I have used yet...I pretty cheap too.

phebus
08-04-2004, 08:40 PM
I wipe my boat down with - 1/3rd WD-40, 1/3rd Rottweiler Pee (must be a male that has not been neutered), and 2/3rds skimmed milk, the end solution is 4/3rds total parts but it works really great for getting the spots off, while keeping the wax. You guys should try it and let me know what you think! ;)
RTJas :D
I decided not to waste it on the boat, but instead put it in the blender with some ice and made a pissarita. Mmmmmmm good! :) The WD40 made it come out real nice too!