PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Boats

Under the Bridge
08-03-2004, 09:03 PM
Has anyone had experience with Stealth boats? I actually just purchased one and so far I am extremly happy with it. It is fast and rides very well. Just wondering if there are any other Stealth owners out there.

dicudmore
08-04-2004, 08:11 AM
congrats on the new ride :D

Slib77
08-05-2004, 07:16 AM
Any pics of the new toy?
What power?

Under the Bridge
08-05-2004, 12:31 PM
The power plant is a 454 and she will go down the lake between 55 and 60 MPH. The guys at stealth did a very nice job of putting the boat together. I just had the Bow opened up. The picture that I have is and old one with the closed bow.

Stealth Marine
08-05-2004, 03:41 PM
The power plant is a 454 and she will go down the lake between 55 and 60 MPH. The guys at stealth did a very nice job of putting the boat together. I just had the Bow opened up. The picture that I have is and old one with the closed bow.
I Know that boat!! <VBG>

prop check
08-05-2004, 03:49 PM
Congrats.. I have the same boat built by Genesis I am very happy with the boat ride and comfort. :)

Slib77
08-06-2004, 06:51 AM
NIce, enjoy.
Stealth. Do you ave any interior pics of the cuddy you can post up?
I could not find anything on the site.
Thanks

Stealth Marine
08-06-2004, 10:55 AM
NIce, enjoy.
Thanks
Sorry about the WWW site.
Its really little more than just a temporary place holder while the real site is being coded.
I am sure I can wrestle up some interior pics for you.
Send me an e-mail and I will shoot a few your way.

Under the Bridge
08-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Hey prop check that is a nice boat.

Stealth Marine
08-06-2004, 01:25 PM
NIce, enjoy.
Thanks
I hope the pics that I sent to you were of some value to you.
It seems like every stealth that goes out the door has a different configuration in the mid-cuddy.
Some go for 2 double love seats.
Other want 1 double, and a 98qt cooler.
Still others want a double and a small jump seat with a med cooler.
Some have asked for it to be flat and made into a small kids bed.
In either case, its all the same to us.
We build it anyway the customer wants it.
After all, what good is a custom boat, if its not custom....

FRENCHIE
08-06-2004, 02:39 PM
I hope the pics that I sent to you were of some value to you.
It seems like every stealth that goes out the door has a different configuration in the mid-cuddy.
Some go for 2 double love seats.
Other want 1 double, and a 98qt cooler.
Still others want a double and a small jump seat with a med cooler.
Some have asked for it to be flat and made into a small kids bed.
In either case, its all the same to us.
We build it anyway the customer wants it.
After all, what good is a custom boat, if its not custom....
do ya know RIck Boone...and if so did he get hi stealth yet??? :)

Stealth Marine
08-06-2004, 04:26 PM
do ya know RIck Boone...and if so did he get hi stealth yet??? :)
I hate to say it but that name doesn't ring a bell with me.
If he is looking, then his name will come across my desk at some point or another as I handle all the new boat orders.
Ping him a note and see what he plans on doing.
We have 2 in stock at the moment sitting on the lot.

dicudmore
08-07-2004, 10:06 AM
good looking boat you got there...
hope to see you on the lake :)

Stealth Marine
08-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Hey Mike:
I know your lurking on this post.
Your boat is finished and ready for delivery.
We took it down to the launch ramp to put it on the lake this morning, but the launch was PACKED with tourists and I didn't want to take the chance of someone renting a pontoon boat hitting it. So we bailed on launching it for the first time. Will probably wait till tomorrow and put it on the lake for the first time them. Most of the weekenders are still hung over in the AM so the lake tends to be quiet.
Its gassed, buffed and waxed and just sitting here waiting for you to come and pick it up.

dicudmore
08-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Chris how about some pics of this guys new float :idea:
Bring out the lurker...

Stealth Marine
08-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Bring out the lurker...
Let me pull the boat out of the assembly bay into the sunlight and I will snap a couple pictures of it for you.
Graphicly speaking, this is one of the simplest/quietest gelcoats we have ever done. Most of the boats go out with much louder graphics. Mike wanted something much cleaner, so most of his boat on the inside and outside is just simple white. Very clean, very understated. Turned out really nice..

ROZ
08-07-2004, 10:37 PM
What's the lowdown on the mold. Is it something you guys came up with or ? It kinda reminds me of the Virage 25...
No undermining intentions, jus curious. I too am waiting to see your finished site. Not to many peeps making an affordable custom boat these days.. Especially a 25..
Chris

Salty Cracker
08-08-2004, 12:12 AM
What's the lowdown on the mold. Is it something you guys came up with or ? It kinda reminds me of the Virage 25...
No undermining intentions, jus curious. I too am waiting to see your finished site. Not to many peeps making an affordable custom boat these days.. Especially a 25..
Chris
I was just going to ask the same thing about the Virage mold. Laser, Genesis and I think there's another besides Stealth that all look like that mold. Now the Laser looks a little different because they re-worked the top and got rid of the winshield.
Good luck on the site Stealth...Looking real good so far

Huckleberry
08-08-2004, 12:14 AM
I was just going to ask the same thing about the Virage mold. Laser, Genesis and I think there's another besides Stealth that all look like that mold. Now the Laser looks a little different because they re-worked the top and got rid of the winshield.
Good luck on the site Stealth...Looking real good so far
You're up late Issac!

bigq
08-08-2004, 07:12 AM
Chris
It's been gone through a couple of times and it goes something like this I think:
-Cheetah Bob bought the Virage molds when Virage ate it.
-He sold the mold to a few boat manufactures as you have said.
-Stealth Marine is Bobs son I thik selling a different alternative for those that want a V hull instead of the tunnel.
-Stealth reworked the bottom for better stability at speed, something others may or may not have done.
:idea:
I think that is it in a nutshell.
I do like what Laser did with the top deck though.

Stealth Marine
08-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Correct on all accounts.
My dad owns Cheetah.
he bought the mold from the defunt company.
He sold a couple plugs to some other small manufacturers that wanted a shot at producing the same hull.
He then set up Stealth as an alternative to Cheetah to produce a boat that would not fit in the Cheetah line up.
I know he did some modifications to the hull to increase stability.
The original hull had a real porposing issue.
As it is now, I have yet to see a situation where we have run into it.

Stealth Marine
08-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Bring out the lurker...
I shot about 60 digital images of the boat and am in the process of editing some of them to knock out the backgrounds. Just as soon as I have a couple I will upload them to the www site and let you know.

Stealth Marine
08-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Bring out the lurker...
OK.
Here are the first three edited video clips
http://www.stealthmarine.com/video.html
I shot about 4GB of video, and created 5 short clips.
Am still working on the still images.

Slib77
08-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Looking good Chris.
Serge

KineticoH20
08-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Correct on all accounts.
My dad owns Cheetah.
he bought the mold from the defunt company.
He sold a couple plugs to some other small manufacturers that wanted a shot at producing the same hull.
He then set up Stealth as an alternative to Cheetah to produce a boat that would not fit in the Cheetah line up.
I know he did some modifications to the hull to increase stability.
The original hull had a real porposing issue.
As it is now, I have yet to see a situation where we have run into it.
Let me get my boots on it's getting thick in here!!!

dicudmore
08-10-2004, 05:59 AM
little thick where Smooth??

Stealth Marine
08-10-2004, 07:52 AM
Looking good Chris.
Serge
Did you have any problems downloading any of the videos??
Just curious if they looked OK to someone outside of my office??

Slib77
08-10-2004, 07:54 AM
The videos opened right up and played.
No sound though.

Stealth Marine
08-10-2004, 04:14 PM
The videos opened right up and played.
No sound though.
Thanks.
I have not figured out how to deal with the sound.
Since the video was shot from a helicopter, the only audio is a massive sound of air from the rotors.
I suppose the only way to fix it will be to go back out on the water and just record the engine and then dub it all back in by hand.
having never produced a video before, this might take me some time yet...

jbtrailerjim
08-10-2004, 05:02 PM
You know something we don't know? Everything he said sounds about the same as the stories I've heard. I don't think it's any big secret that Laser, Genesis, and Stealth are building a splash of the old 25' Virage hull. Nice looking hull. I liked it when Virage came out with it and still do.

Stealth Marine
08-10-2004, 05:18 PM
You know something we don't know? Everything he said sounds about the same as the stories I've heard. I don't think it's any big secret that Laser, Genesis, and Stealth are building a splash of the old 25' Virage hull. Nice looking hull. I liked it when Virage came out with it and still do.
So far as I know we are not building a splash from the Virage Mold.
Cheetah bought the Virage mold and legitimatly sold 2 splashes to other companies that bought and paid for them.

Stealth Marine
08-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Bring out the lurker...
Sorry it took me SOOO long to get this done.
But I got all of the digital images uploaded to the www site and created a new page for you to look at.
Nothing fancy, but I think it shows 100% of the boat from all possible angles.
I am guessing this is what you were asking for ??
http://www.stealthmarine.com/photos/page.html

scarabrick2
08-14-2004, 08:18 AM
That's a graet looking boat!
Next time i'm down there I'll stop by with the wife :)
Can you put the hinges for the hatch on the inside?
It looks like it needs something on the pass side console. Can the stereo go over on that side?
What kind of speeds are you looking at with the stock 496?
Is your boat on a list with NADA or KBB? for insurance reasons.
Sorry about the questions
Rick Borba
srborba@cox.net
Las vegas,NV

Stealth Marine
08-14-2004, 08:27 AM
Can you put the hinges for the hatch on the inside?
It looks like it needs something on the pass side console. Can the stereo go over on that side?
What kind of speeds are you looking at with the stock 496?
Is your boat on a list with NADA or KBB? for insurance reasons.
Sorry about the questions
Rick Borba
srborba@cox.net
Las vegas,NV
Visit:
Bring the wife and I would be happy to take you out on the lake for a ride.
Hinges.
On the last boat we just delivered we tried to use the "hidden Hindges" with no success. The molding for the engine hatch base has to be altered to allow a more secure bolting location. The plan is to make this alteration to the mold in December when we change out the current hatch configuratiuon. 2005 will have the hidden hinges as a standard feature.
Glovebox.
The stereo "could" go there, but there is a molded insertion pannel for it on the driver side. The design really crys out for a nice billet glove box. Its just that they don't come cheap and not too many people are willing to pony up for that option. We can also install a small rail on that side to allow you to place things on top and not have them fall off. Could also cut it open and make it into a drop box to hold passenger goodies.
Speeds.
http://www.stealthmarine.com/package.html
496Mag = 63-65mph
496Mag HO = 67-70mph
NADA.
Yes, you will find it listed under the cheetah brand name, as Stealth is to new of a company to listed for small production.
Insurance runs right at 400 or so per year from State Farm.

scarabrick2
08-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the invite!
I'll look you up next time I'm down there visting my mother- in- law.
Rick

Stealth Marine
08-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the invite!
I'll look you up next time I'm down there visting my mother- in- law.
Rick
There are plenty of good readsons to visit Havasu.
But if you HAVE to come just to visit the Mother In Law, then you desire a LONG test ride !!

Kilrtoy
08-19-2004, 02:49 AM
Im curious how this guy bought a 2004 boat with a discontinued 454(by a few years).

Stealth Marine
08-19-2004, 07:29 AM
Im curious how this guy bought a 2004 boat with a discontinued 454(by a few years).
Easy.
He bought our Demo Boat.
Had a new hull and an in house built 454 in it.
Made him a good deal on the package and he was happy to take an oddball combination.
Had a guy come on the lot yesterday that wants the same thing.
Wants a brand new boat, but wants us to install his built-up 454 and outdrive on it and save him a bunch of money.

desertrat
08-19-2004, 04:43 PM
I'm looking for a 25ft v-hull with a 6.2 in the boat for the first year.. Than maybe a whipple but that's another story... I've seen a couple of the boats in the water and spoke to the owners which seem really happy with your product and service!!! So I'm looking at having the boat have an open bow with a few goodies.. The big question is why should I purchase your boat over another manufacturers??
So Chris sell me on your boat
Desertrat!!

toyman
08-19-2004, 06:32 PM
I guess I'm looking for a shop that won't take me to the cleaners when I need servicing.. Since I live in this town which has many boat builders and just as many servicing shops I need to find a place to get boat work done.. And yes I still would like to eat at the end of the day.. I spoke with a person down in the channel and they heard you guys do servicing but wasn't 100% sure...
If you do is your person/s Mercury certified?? Would you give us hot boat fourm guys a discount... I know I've just done my first post and this guy is looking for freebies...
Thanks
The Toyman :mix:

Stealth Marine
08-20-2004, 07:17 AM
I'm looking for a 25ft v-hull with a 6.2 in the boat for the first year.. Than maybe a whipple but that's another story... I've seen a couple of the boats in the water and spoke to the owners which seem really happy with your product and service!!! So I'm looking at having the boat have an open bow with a few goodies.. The big question is why should I purchase your boat over another manufacturers??
Desertrat!!
The sales pitch would go something like this.
1. Value...
2. Your looking for the most boat your money can buy.
3. You want to be Very involved in how your boat is built and outfitted.
4. You want your boat to be the single most important boat we are building.
5. You want your boat to be completely custom and different from all the others on the lake.
People that come into stealth are usually family types, married with a couple kids. They are looking for a really good looking boat, that has a lot of internal volume to hold all the stuff that a family takes out on the lake for a weekend, and they are not interested in paying the inflated prices other manufacturer's are asking.
We only rig one boat at a time in our shop.
So we tend to focus in 100% on that one boat and making sure it gets built exactly the way its new owner wants it. Our customers tend to like to be "In the Loop" on every step of the manufacturing process and are usually on the phone a couple times a week and out to the shop on weekends to check on progress. Not sure why, but we seem to get a lot of obsessive types. Maybe its just because nobody else is set up to handle them? I can honestly say I know each of my customers by first name!
Does any of that sound like you??

Stealth Marine
08-20-2004, 07:26 AM
I guess I'm looking for a shop that won't take me to the cleaners when I need servicing.. Since I live in this town which has many boat builders and just as many servicing shops I need to find a place to get boat work done.. And yes I still would like to eat at the end of the day.. I spoke with a person down in the channel and they heard you guys do servicing but wasn't 100% sure...
If you do is your person/s Mercury certified?? Would you give us hot boat fourm guys a discount... I know I've just done my first post and this guy is looking for freebies...
Thanks
The Toyman :mix:
We have one bay that is dedicated to service only.
Mostly we work on Cheetah's, as we do all the factory warrenty/repair work for them. But we will gladly service just about anything else that needs attention. I would not consider us a discount service shop. You may well find a cheaper place to go. But I think we do a pretty decent job and more often than not we take the boat out on the lake and actually do a running test on it after any substancial repairs. All too often we hear people complaining that so-n-so didn't notice that such-n-such was broken, and wonder how on earth they missed that. The obvious answer is that if your not out on the water running the boat, your not likely to come across any associated problems with the repair request. It only takes a few minutes to test a boat on the lake, but it sure makes a big difference in knowing the outdrive doesn't vibrate or the engine runs smooth under a heavy load..
Our mechanic is Mercury certifed, and is current. In order to maintain our OEM status with Mercury, we must maintain a currently certified mechanic on staff at all times.
Discount for ***boat??
Sure, I'm game.
If you come in at some point, mention the forum and I will take -10% off your total bill for service.

Under the Bridge
08-20-2004, 12:25 PM
Desertrat!!
Desertrat,
I can honestly tell you that I looked at buying a boat seriously for over a year. I looked at production boats vs custom boats and I was really disappointed that I could not find a custom boat in my price range. I even drove down from Sa Diego to Lake Havasu City to look at custom boats. I left disapponted again because the price range that I found was about $10,000 more than I wanted to spend. I stumbled across Stealth when I was looking through the boat trader. I called Chris at Stealth and he took me through their process, he happened to have the demo boat and was willing to sell it to us. I found that Chris was a very stand up guy and made sure that my family and I were comfortable with the boat before the sale and after the sale. Now on to the boat..... Like I said in the beginning of this forum string I really like the ride of this boat. The ride is very smooth and and the boat is very fast. My only problem is now that we are going 55-60mph down the lake, we want to go faster. If you think that we are really excited about our boat, well then you would be right.

Stealth Marine
08-20-2004, 12:47 PM
The ride is very smooth and and the boat is very fast. My only problem is now that we are going 55-60mph down the lake, we want to go faster. If you think that we are really excited about our boat, well then you would be right.
SO...
Ya want to go FASTER do ya??
Well, we can certainly fix that problem.
The 454 your running right now in that boat should be producing right around 375 horse power .
With the 496Mag HO putting out around 425HP we see 67mph on a typical open bow setup like yours.
When we install that Whipple Supercharger on it you should be able to safely see around the 550 horsepower mark. If you want to push it, you could see 600 at the outside for short periods. I would think that will get you from your current 58 or so up to around 75. That ought to be plenty respectable for a pretty dependable engine setup.
Just let me know when your ready for the conversion.... <VBG>

Under the Bridge
08-20-2004, 01:08 PM
Well of course we would like to go faster and the funny thing is that Karen is really pushing for the extra speed but I think that will be our project for next year. What is the impact of the blower on the engine? Meaning, is it going to shorten the life of the engine?

Stealth Marine
08-20-2004, 02:23 PM
Well of course we would like to go faster and the funny thing is that Karen is really pushing for the extra speed but I think that will be our project for next year. What is the impact of the blower on the engine? Meaning, is it going to shorten the life of the engine?
Seriously?
Karen WANTS more speed.
Your married to a SAINT !!
make sure you take really good care of that wife.
Women that your married to, who have children, and LIKE fast boats are major KEEPERS !! <VBG>
As for longevity.
yes, the supercharger WILL impact the life of an engine.
But the degree of impact is directly related to your throttle position.
Just because you "can" doesn't mean you "Have To"...
here are some comments from the tech support at Whipple...
Supercharger for 496Mag or 496Mag HO
Installation Time: 12-16 hours
Required Gauges: Fuel Pressure, Boost Pressure, Oil Temp, Water Temp
Recommended Gauges: OutDrive Temp, EGT, CHT.
Requires Increased Prop Size
Requires custom fuel lines to be made as needed
Requires customer water lines to be made as needed for intercooler.
Typical Engine life of 400-500hrs for new engine.
NO warrenty on engine after installation.
Do NOT run Wide Open Throttle for more than 5-10 minutes at a time.
Watch all TEMPs religiously, they WILL climb on long runs.
Headers NOT required or recommended

desertrat
08-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Thanks stealth252 whoever you are.. I wanted to ask the questions first so I wouldn't walk in to a shark infested sales room.. if you get what I mean... Its always safer to first see what people think about a boat company from people who have one and than go to the boat shop...
I have been looking for a 25ft boat for some time and have not really made my mind up.. I tend to want to see who and how my boat will be built.. and the people behind the scenes.. You know once the boat is sold how are you treated?? I now when you buy a new car once you go back in the sales person doesn't even give you the time of day.. I want to know that when I purchase my boat I'm not pushed around...
Chris I may be calling you shortly but for now I'm going to ask questions through the fourm until I feel safe...
The desertrat!!

NashvilleBound
08-21-2004, 03:20 PM
DesertRat: Check your PM's....

Under the Bridge
08-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Thanks stealth252 whoever you are.. I wanted to ask the questions first so I wouldn't walk in to a shark infested sales room.. if you get what I mean... Its always safer to first see what people think about a boat company from people who have one and than go to the boat shop...
I have been looking for a 25ft boat for some time and have not really made my mind up.. I tend to want to see who and how my boat will be built.. and the people behind the scenes.. You know once the boat is sold how are you treated?? I now when you buy a new car once you go back in the sales person doesn't even give you the time of day.. I want to know that when I purchase my boat I'm not pushed around...
Chris I may be calling you shortly but for now I'm going to ask questions through the fourm until I feel safe...
The desertrat!!
I know it sounds that I work for Stealth Marine but I assure you that I do not. I am just a very satisfied customer that is very happy with the investment that we have made in our boat. Believe me we are very critical of the products we buy and would not think twice to tell the whole world if we were dissatisfied with either the boat or services of Stealth Marine.
Gerald

Under the Bridge
08-22-2004, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the help.

Stealth Marine
08-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the help.
Cool.
You have a "semblance" of your boat online.
All you need now is to wait for a really good day and take a better photo of it.
Then we can build you a killer avatar.

Stealth Marine
08-23-2004, 09:37 AM
I know it sounds that I work for Stealth Marine but I assure you that I do not. I am just a very satisfied customer that is very happy with the investment that we have made in our boat. Believe me we are very critical of the products we buy and would not think twice to tell the whole world if we were dissatisfied with either the boat or services of Stealth Marine.
Gerald
So, whats this about you coming to work for me?
Looking for a part time job ? <VBG>
I remember your son was pretty hot to sell a boat to one of your friends!
Who knows, he might make a good salesman in 8 years or so.

Stealth Marine
08-23-2004, 09:39 AM
DesertRat: Check your PM's....
Nice looking boat.
If you decide you want to step up to something a little bigger, just let me know. Would love to have the opportunity to build one of our's for you.

NashvilleBound
08-23-2004, 09:44 AM
I'm looking for a 28' Sport Cat...one like Cobras Python or Tridents Revolution.

desertrat
08-23-2004, 09:47 AM
Thanks Gerald,
Its nice to know there are some companies out there that make a nice product and aren't to pushy. I will stop in to see what stealth has for boats and what there are selling for?? So Chris what do you have and what deals if any could I get... Looking for a 6.2 that I will worked up in a year or so after the warranty is up...
I'm doing my late season planning for purchasing a boat.. Before the rates go up on loans....
Desertrat

Stealth Marine
08-23-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm looking for a 28' Sport Cat...one like Cobras Python or Tridents Revolution.
You have quite a lot to choose from in that range.
Cats are certainly VERY hot out here in Havasu.
Have fun shopping!~

Stealth Marine
08-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Thanks Gerald,
Its nice to know there are some companies out there that make a nice product and aren't to pushy. I will stop in to see what stealth has for boats and what there are selling for?? So Chris what do you have and what deals if any could I get... Looking for a 6.2 that I will worked up in a year or so after the warranty is up...
I'm doing my late season planning for purchasing a boat.. Before the rates go up on loans....
Desertrat
Depends on whether you want a new custom build for a Fall delivery, of if you want something before the summer is over?
The current demo has a 377 and EMI Headers on it.
She could be detailed and prepped for delivery in about a week's time.
There is also a small savings on that as you get a $100 credit for every hour on the engine meter.
If time is not an end-of-summer issue for you, then building up a new custom boat is the way to go. That ensures you get Exactly what you want!
As for "working up" the engine down the road.
the 377 with a whipple should be an awesome combination in this boat.
High-Power and Very Light weight will make this boat handle great.

NashvilleBound
08-23-2004, 12:01 PM
You have quite a lot to choose from in that range.
Cats are certainly VERY hot out here in Havasu.
Have fun shopping!~
Your site, according to your link, shows only one V hull. CAT? 28'? Sport deck? Any ring a bell?

Stealth Marine
08-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Your site, according to your link, shows only one V hull. CAT? 28'? Sport deck? Any ring a bell?
We are currently only offering one hull.
Stealth 252 Specifications
Length: 25feet, 2 inches
Beam: 8 feet
Weight: 3,650lbs average with motor.
Fuel: 65 Gallons useable
Hull Deadrise: 28 degrees
Transom Angle: 12 Degrees
Seating: Closed Bow 6-8, Open Bow 9-11
Bottom: Double Step, 22 Degree Deep V.
In 2005 we will release our next Hull which will be a deck boat.

desertrat
08-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Chris give me a little more info on the 377 you have in-stock... Details baby details... Also warrenty information and anything you feel will help me with this... Looking forward in hearing from you
The Desert Rat!! :D

NashvilleBound
08-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Chris...Pictures? To release something like that in 05 you must have at least a rendering. If you don't want to post it send it to me e mail.
DesertRat...did you get the PM?

Stealth Marine
08-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Chris...Pictures? To release something like that in 05 you must have at least a rendering. If you don't want to post it send it to me e mail.
DesertRat...did you get the PM?
Sorry, no photos, no drawings, no sketches.
We are working on the mold and should have it finished by late spring if all goes well. Once it is a reality, I will be HAPPY to share it with everyone.
Till then you will just have to suffer along with everyone else.

Stealth Marine
08-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Chris give me a little more info on the 377 you have in-stock... Details baby details... Also warrenty information and anything you feel will help me with this... Looking forward in hearing from you
The Desert Rat!! :D
Details eh?
Ok
On our www site there is a photo at the top of each page of a Purple and Yellow Stealth, that is our summer 2004 Demo boat.
In addition to the standard features listed on our www site, it has the following options installed.
Mercury 377 with Bravo outdrive.
Bezel / Trim upgrade.
Bimini Top.
Boat Cover.
Dual Marine Batteries with issolater switch.
Gaffrig Digital Depth Gauge.
Open Bow/Mid-Cuddy Conversion.
Spare Tire mounted to trailer.
Adjustable Tilt Steering wheel.
Enclosed footrest.
EMI Thunder Headers for 377 MPI.
Aqua-Step, Retractable Swim Ladder.
The boat lists for $41,995 base with $7,095 in upgrade options.
That takes it to $49,090 plus sales tax of $3,847 for a grade total of $52,937.00
As a Demo boat with just under 20 hours on the engine meter I will let this one go for $50,000 out the door.
If your looking for a boat that WILL get a lot of attention on the lake, this one makes plenty of heads turn in the channel...
It will go with full warrenty as a brand new boat.

riverrunner
08-23-2004, 03:57 PM
WOW, that's a deal. A scorpion motor fully decked out for $50K out the door, I wish I was in the market for a V instead of a deck. I too would like to hear more about your future deck boat.
Details eh?
Ok
On our www site there is a photo at the top of each page of a Purple and Yellow Stealth, that is our summer 2004 Demo boat.
In addition to the standard features listed on our www site, it has the following options installed.
Mercury 377 with Bravo outdrive.
Bezel / Trim upgrade.
Bimini Top.
Boat Cover.
Dual Marine Batteries with issolater switch.
Gaffrig Digital Depth Gauge.
Open Bow/Mid-Cuddy Conversion.
Spare Tire mounted to trailer.
Adjustable Tilt Steering wheel.
Enclosed footrest.
EMI Thunder Headers for 377 MPI.
Aqua-Step, Retractable Swim Ladder.
The boat lists for $41,995 base with $7,095 in upgrade options.
That takes it to $49,090 plus sales tax of $3,847 for a grade total of $52,937.00
As a Demo boat with just under 20 hours on the engine meter I will let this one go for $50,000 out the door.
If your looking for a boat that WILL get a lot of attention on the lake, this one makes plenty of heads turn in the channel...
It will go with full warrenty as a brand new boat.

Stealth Marine
08-23-2004, 04:30 PM
WOW, that's a deal. A scorpion motor fully decked out for $50K out the door, I wish I was in the market for a V instead of a deck. I too would like to hear more about your future deck boat.
And this is just why we are building a deck.
I don't know what it is, but half of the people that walk onto our lot ask us if we have a deck boat similar to our V-Bottom.
And that is the reason we are in the process of building a new mold.
What I can tell you is this.
It will be Low and Sleek on the water.
It will be a cat configuration.
It will be Fast.
And it will be affordable just like the 252 is.

Slib77
08-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Sounds good Chris.

Stealth Marine
08-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Sounds good Chris.
once we have one built I will make sure you hear about it as well.
Its our over the winter project....

desertrat
08-23-2004, 04:47 PM
So I guess we will have to get together for a ride and see what happens.. Could you give me an idea on loans for the boat along with insurance costs for the 6.2 package...
What do I really need to put down and what is the monthly outlay of dollars for this ride.. I know the 6.2 does not use alot of fuel...
Is there anything else I'm not asking that maybe I should be... Come on you hot boat folks help me out!! Thats why I finally broke down and stopped reading and start asking the questions.. So you hot boat people what else should I ask that maybe I've overlooked????
I wait to hear from the boat gods and you to Chris...... ;)
The Desert Rat!! waiting to get wet!!!

RiverForUs
08-23-2004, 10:52 PM
WOW, that's a deal. A scorpion motor fully decked out for $50K out the door,
It is a 377 but I doubt it's the scorpion. It's more likely the 6.2 MPX or whatever. Chris?

Stealth Marine
08-24-2004, 09:36 AM
It is a 377 but I doubt it's the scorpion. It's more likely the 6.2 MPX or whatever. Chris?
Correct.
The scorpion is being discontinued and is currently in closeout status with Mercury Marine.
While we do offer that as an option, I would tend not to encourage customers to install that engine.

Stealth Marine
08-24-2004, 01:46 PM
So I guess we will have to get together for a ride and see what happens.. Could you give me an idea on loans for the boat along with insurance costs for the 6.2 package...
What do I really need to put down and what is the monthly outlay of dollars for this ride.. I know the 6.2 does not use alot of fuel...
Is there anything else I'm not asking that maybe I should be... Come on you hot boat folks help me out!! Thats why I finally broke down and stopped reading and start asking the questions.. So you hot boat people what else should I ask that maybe I've overlooked????
I wait to hear from the boat gods and you to Chris...... ;)
The Desert Rat!! waiting to get wet!!!
As a rule, most of the boat loans want you to put down 20%.
With a strong credit score you can get away with 15%.
To get down to 10, 5 or even 0% will take some creative financing.
On a $50,000 financed loan for 15 years you can expect a monthly payment of $435 or there abouts.
Insurance is running right around $400-$450 a year or so on our boats.
There are probably loads of other questions you could/should be asking, and I am surprised that no one else has offered any suggestions.. When it comes to oppinions, this is usually the place to get them!..

toyman
08-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Have been out on the water over the last week looking at different boats and what is one kind of has from the manufacturers.. The one thing I hear is the price they paid for their boat verses what I think you are selling yours for.. My question is what gives?? Why is your price sooooo low?? Cheap trailer? hull made out of paper? engine a second?? something... From what I've learned over the last week is most boats in this size range with somewhat the same options seem to cost more like 10 to 20k more.. So the question begs to be asked and answered WHY???
I look forward in learning what makes them so different in price...
The toyman :boxingguy

1st Timer
08-27-2004, 06:37 AM
Hey Chris, do you really think that the guys on these forums are falling for your BS? I'm not talking about what you're saying about your boats either. I'm talking about your two other screen names Desertrat and Toyman. Give me a break. It's the worst case of someone talking to themselves to self promote that has ever been seen in the history of Hot Boat.

Stealth Marine
08-27-2004, 08:34 AM
Hey Chris, do you really think that the guys on these forums are falling for your BS? I'm not talking about what you're saying about your boats either. I'm talking about your two other screen names Desertrat and Toyman. Give me a break. It's the worst case of someone talking to themselves to self promote that has ever been seen in the history of Hot Boat.
Though you will probably not believe it, I am deliberately inviting people who are calling into the shop after seeing the add in the boat trader to come online and post their questions. At teh same time I am trying to get a handfull of current customers to join into this thread and talk about their boats as well. Thus far I have had very mixed results with both endevors.
I am not talking to myself, but I do think I have a pretty good idea who these other two guys are, and the ONLY reason they are online at all is because I invited them to be..

Stealth Marine
08-27-2004, 08:52 AM
I have sent a note to both "Toyman" and "desertrat" asking them to come forward and expose themselves so you can find out who they really are.

dicudmore
08-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Have been out on the water over the last week looking at different boats and what is one kind of has from the manufacturers.. The one thing I hear is the price they paid for their boat verses what I think you are selling yours for.. My question is what gives?? Why is your price sooooo low?? Cheap trailer? hull made out of paper? engine a second?? something... From what I've learned over the last week is most boats in this size range with somewhat the same options seem to cost more like 10 to 20k more.. So the question begs to be asked and answered WHY???
profit margin and overhead.....
I'm sure Stealth is run similar to Cheetah, very low over-head = lower price to the consumer.
Most of their advertising is word of mouth, no pretty color brochures etc.
Also, they probably make a fair profit off of each boat as opposed to a killing.
just my .02

dicudmore
08-27-2004, 09:58 AM
I can tell you first hand, the hulls are solid. Laid up at the same shop that lays up the E-tickets, Domn8r, and Cheetah boats

FRENCHIE
08-27-2004, 10:09 AM
i thinks you is right!! :p

Stealth Marine
08-27-2004, 10:10 AM
Sorry.
I got caught up in replying to "1st Timer" and didn't realize I never replied back to you.
At the end of the day it ALWAYS comes down to cost.
Stealth Marine was created to do a couple different things.
#1.
Bob set up this business to handle ALL warrenty work on Cheetahs.
#2.
Bob wanted a place to send all of the Cheetah customers for there regular service and repair work.
#3.
He wanted a place to build the Stealth boat seperate and away from Cheetah.
Those three things drive everything that Stealth does.
Because of that, we are not a pure manufacturer like most of the others in havasu. We make a good part of our living by doing service on Cheetahs and darn near every other boat thats out there.
Then there is the basic over-riding philosophy of dear old dad.
Offer the customer a better value that absolutely anyone else in the industry and the customers will beat a path to your door. Cheetah has been at 100% production capacity for years now because they offer a low price/high value boat that fills a void left by other manufacturers.
The goal is to create the same environment for the Stealth Brand.
We offer a very nice boat, 100% custom built, at a price that no one else out there can touch. The price of the boat is very deliberatly below market value so that we can remain highly competitive as a relatively unknown manufacturer. The amount of money that some of the other manufacturers are making on a per boat sale is damn near criminal. The gross margins on some of these boats are huge. In our case, our goal is to make a simple 10% on ever boat we sell. Seems to me that is more than a fair return on my investment. Pays all the bills, and lets me make a reasonable profit.
When I sell more boats, I will make more money. Its a rather old fashioned idea...

Havasu_Dreamin
08-27-2004, 10:30 AM
The amount of money that some of the other manufacturers are making on a per boat sale is damn near criminal. The gross margins on some of these boats are huge. In our case, our goal is to make a simple 10% on ever boat we sell.
I would speculate that some builders are running at 50% profit on the boats they sell.

Lightning
08-27-2004, 11:34 AM
I would speculate that some builders are running at 50% profit on the boats they sell.
Really, I think they would be able to make that or pretty close to it. Take a 21' boat for example. After the plug/mold is made - how expensive is it to put one together in a month. If you have consistent volume, I can't imagine your average new $50,000 boats costs more than $25,000 or $30,000 to build.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-27-2004, 12:04 PM
I can't imagine your average new $50,000 boats costs more than $25,000 or $30,000 to build.
Depends on motor package as well. The motors and drive are by the far the most expensive piece of equipment.

dicudmore
08-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Depends on motor package as well. The motors and drive are by the far the most expensive piece of equipment.
that it is.....
not a lot of $$$ in resin, compared w/motor and drive

Havasu_Dreamin
08-27-2004, 12:53 PM
that it is.....
Nope, list price for the 525 is supposedly $43k!

Stealth Marine
08-27-2004, 12:55 PM
that it is.....
Manufacturing a boat breaks down like this...
#1.
The Hull, Gellcoat and Graphics.
$12,500
#2.
Upholstery, Furniture, Internal Structure, Engine Hatch, Pannels, ect..
$7,500
#3.
Bolt-Ons (billet this and billet that), Rigging, Electrical, Stereo, ect.
$7,500
#4.
Engine/Drive package.
$15,000
Add those 4 up and you get a cost of manufacturing of $42,500 for a typical 496 Mag package.
I sell that boat for $46,000 with the goal of a 10% clear margin.
My competitors would sell a very similar boat for $53,000 with a 25% margin.
Its not rocket science, its just being greedy.

desertrat
08-27-2004, 12:57 PM
First thanks for all the input..being new to the forum its nice to get feedback from so many different people and different views... Now for you 1st timer ..I am not Chris and do take some offense to your posting of him playing with us!! Before you post something like that get your facts straight or just keep your thoughts to your self.. As you can tell I'm new to this forum and have been a lurker for sometime now and wanted to get involved.. Its people like you that really make me upset and I will leave it at that...
If you have any problems with my emails 1st timer send me a PM and will can talk
Desert Rat...

dicudmore
08-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Manufacturing a boat breaks down like this...
#1.
The Hull, Gellcoat and Graphics.
$12,500
#2.
Upholstery, Furniture, Internal Structure, Engine Hatch, Pannels, ect..
$7,500
#3.
Bolt-Ons (billet this and billet that), Rigging, Electrical, Stereo, ect.
$7,500
#4.
Engine/Drive package.
$15,000
Add those 4 up and you get a cost of manufacturing of $42,500 for a typical 496 Mag package.
I sell that boat for $46,000 with the goal of a 10% clear margin.
My competitors would sell a very similar boat for $53,000 with a 25% margin.
Its not rocket science, its just being greedy.
sounds about right to me....
I remember talking w/Bob once about how much $$$ in resin and stuff was in my boat and your # sounds very familiar

Stealth Marine
08-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Nope, list price for the 525 is supposedly $43k!
About $33,000 would be a whole lot more appropriate.
Anybody who gets $43,000 for that engine is making a KILLING!!
Tac on another $5,000 for the integrated transom option.
If you go to the DrySumpSix, then it jumps up to about $60,000.

Stealth Marine
08-27-2004, 01:13 PM
sounds about right to me....
I remember talking w/Bob once about how much $$$ in resin and stuff was in my boat and your # sounds very familiar
I have no reason to lie to anyone.
A little more honesty in this business would do all of us a whole lot of good.
Make no mistake, I want to make a profit.
I want to add new hulls, and each mold costs around $30,000 or so.
So there does need to be enough profit left over on each boat to re-invest back into the business, I am just willing to take a bit longer than others to recoup the investment.

dicudmore
08-27-2004, 01:45 PM
I have no reason to lie to anyone.
A little more honesty in this business would do all of us a whole lot of good.
Make no mistake, I want to make a profit.
I want to add new hulls, and each mold costs around $30,000 or so.
So there does need to be enough profit left over on each boat to re-invest back into the business, I am just willing to take a bit longer than others to recoup the investment.
I hope you didn't take my comment as some kind of attack. I was supporting your statement....

Stealth Marine
08-27-2004, 02:30 PM
I hope you didn't take my comment as some kind of attack. I was supporting your statement....
Not in the very least bit!!

Stealth Marine
08-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Rick Borba
srborba@cox.net
Las vegas,NV
Rick:
I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to stop by the shop this afternoon with your wife and little boy. I hope you were happy with what you saw in person and that the trip out here was worth your time.
If you want to go out on the lake tomorow and take the boat for a run, just give me 5 minutes notice and I will have the demo boat ready to rock.
Thanks Again.

Under the Bridge
08-27-2004, 10:20 PM
1st Timer as you might note I am the person that started this particular Thread about Stealth Marine. Chris did not ask me to start a Thread, nor (as I have said before) do I work for Stealth. Chris did sell me a quality product that I am very happy with. If you don't believe me I will invite you to come down to havasu and check out the quality of the boat and the people of Stealth Marine. If you still want to be negative about the product or this thread I will invite you to leave our little forum. If you are interested in learning more about my year long search for a custom boat then send me a PM and I will be glad to give you my story.
Gerald

Stealth Marine
08-28-2004, 11:21 AM
1st Timer as you might note I am the person that started this particular Thread about Stealth Marine. Chris did not ask me to start a Thread, nor (as I have said before) do I work for Stealth. Chris did sell me a quality product that I am very happy with. If you don't believe me I will invite you to come down to havasu and check out the quality of the boat and the people of Stealth Marine. If you still want to be negative about the product or this thread I will invite you to leave our little forum. If you are interested in learning more about my year long search for a custom boat then send me a PM and I will be glad to give you my story.
Gerald
Thanks Gerald!

desertrat
08-28-2004, 11:24 AM
Gerald first off let me say thank you for adding your thoughts.. I've grown up with always loving the water & boats and have been doing research to see who's saying what and doing the other.. I'm working on getting a boat before the loan rates start climbing and make it harder to get my dream boat..
Mostly everyone in this forum have been great and I can't complain.. I hope to call Chris in the next week and get a ride... Maybe 1st timer you would lke to come along???
To Chris thanks for all.. You have been more open than most other companies I've talked with and that alone says alot.. I don't think you could add anything to your emails that either you or Gerald have not said about your company and the boats... I look forward in getting together and testing the waters ( get my drift )....
The Desert Rat :cool:

country1
08-29-2004, 05:08 PM
I heard the two users were the same too, pushing his product. I know its my first post but I follow the boards ALLOT! I just had to speak up on this one.

Stealth Marine
08-30-2004, 09:57 AM
I heard the two users were the same too, pushing his product. I know its my first post but I follow the boards ALLOT! I just had to speak up on this one.
24 year old girl who owns a 2004 38' Fountain.?
Wish I had been that successfull 20 years ago...

country1
08-30-2004, 10:40 AM
24 year old girl who owns a 2004 38' Fountain.?
Wish I had been that successfull 20 years ago...
And its a beautiful Lightning as well. My husband has been on these forums for years and I pay attention to everything. As far as the successfull part. My momma didn't raise a fool! :D

dicudmore
08-30-2004, 10:44 AM
And its a beautiful Lightning as well. My husband has been on these forums for years and I pay attention to everything. As far as the successfull part. My momma didn't raise a fool! :D
good deal :D

country1
08-30-2004, 11:26 AM
dicudmore : I will just take that as a compliment, thank you.

dicudmore
08-30-2004, 12:29 PM
dicudmore : I will just take that as a compliment, thank you.
well good, because it was a compliment :cool:

Stealth Marine
08-30-2004, 12:36 PM
well good, because it was a compliment :cool:
If I knew 20 years ago what I know now, I would be a very different person.
But I was certainly not making the kind of money to support a boat habbit like that back then...
Not even close.

country1
08-30-2004, 12:43 PM
I understand that too. Don't we all have perfect hind-sight?? Boat habit?? Now that sounds like its a drug habit. I really don't see it like that. I guess thats why were all different, and that's what makes the world go-round! :rollside:

scarabrick2
08-31-2004, 06:16 AM
Chris,
It was nice talking to you on Friday. Thanks for taking the time to show us
around. We like the boat alot and maybe this winter if all goes well with the wife's job we can place an order.
Just a little note: While I was there, a guy (policeman from Cali)came in to pick up his new boat. He said he looked for dam near 6 months (I think, maybe more) for a well built custom boat. He didn't have 1 complaint about the shop/service or workmanship. I talked to him alone while Chris was on the phone. He also has kids and loved the way the boat fit his family and style. This guy threw a lot of money at this boat like, billet this billet that bigger motor and alot of little stuff that made the boat shine.
I need a lot of cockpit room and it's hard to find these days. Even a 29 laveycraft didn't have enough room in the cockpit room or a 29 magic.
Chris again thanks for taking the time for myself and my family,
Rick Borba
Las Vegas

Under the Bridge
08-31-2004, 06:50 AM
Well I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that sings the praises of Stealth Marine. On another note, What is everyone doing this up coming weekend? My family and I are hitting Lake Havasu with some friends. We plan on being on the Lake early and off of the lake early.

Under the Bridge
08-31-2004, 06:51 AM
Chris,
Is my boat ready?

Slib77
08-31-2004, 07:36 AM
Will be in Havasu this weekend as well. I will be with my G/F and my buddy on his 28 Profile Cat. Hopefully I'll get to see one of you guys there. I really want to see the Stealth up close.
-Serge

Under the Bridge
08-31-2004, 08:38 AM
We will probably be in Steamboat Cove. Come on in and have a beer and a Jello shot.

Slib77
08-31-2004, 08:57 AM
You got it.
We'll try and make it.

Stealth Marine
08-31-2004, 02:15 PM
Chris,
It was nice talking to you on Friday. Thanks for taking the time to show us
around. We like the boat alot and maybe this winter if all goes well with the wife's job we can place an order.
Just a little note: While I was there, a guy (policeman from Cali)came in to pick up his new boat. He said he looked for dam near 6 months (I think, maybe more) for a well built custom boat. He didn't have 1 complaint about the shop/service or workmanship. I talked to him alone while Chris was on the phone. He also has kids and loved the way the boat fit his family and style. This guy threw a lot of money at this boat like, billet this billet that bigger motor and alot of little stuff that made the boat shine.
I need a lot of cockpit room and it's hard to find these days. Even a 29 laveycraft didn't have enough room in the cockpit room or a 29 magic.
Chris again thanks for taking the time for myself and my family,
Rick Borba
Las Vegas
Rick:
It was a real pleasure meeting the first person from ***boats to come into our shop. When your ready you just let me know. If would be a real kick to build up something special just for you. And the offer for the demo ride stands, regardless of when you want to get a boat. if your in town, just let me know and we can go for a run up to Topock and back so you can get a real feel for the boat.

Stealth Marine
08-31-2004, 02:17 PM
Chris,
Is my boat ready?
YES.
2 New engine compartment dividers have been installed.
Swim Step has been greased and works nicely.
Steering wheel hub was greased as well and no longer squeaks.
Engine bay blower was replaced with a brand new one.
The lost screw in the windshield was replaced as well.
Your boat awaits you !!

Stealth Marine
08-31-2004, 02:19 PM
Will be in Havasu this weekend as well. I will be with my G/F and my buddy on his 28 Profile Cat. Hopefully I'll get to see one of you guys there. I really want to see the Stealth up close.
-Serge
I have a guy who is hot to buy the DEMO boat so he can have it this weekend. But, if he doesn't take it, then we will put it on the water over the weekend and would be happy to let you play with it for a while.
After all, what good is a demo boat, if its not out on the lake where people can see it.!!

Under the Bridge
08-31-2004, 02:34 PM
YES.
2 New engine compartment dividers have been installed.
Swim Step has been greased and works nicely.
Steering wheel hub was greased as well and no longer squeaks.
Engine bay blower was replaced with a brand new one.
The lost screw in the windshield was replaced as well.
Your boat awaits you !!
Thanks Chris you are the man. I will be down tomorrow to pick her up.. Still no name for the boat.... Yet.... Purple Nurple is not gonna fly with the wife.

Stealth Marine
08-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Still no name for the boat.... Yet.... Purple Nurple is not gonna fly with the wife.
Hmmmmm...
This IS a problem.
There is NO doubt at all that her name IS "Purple Nurple".
The name Fits.
Your children named her.
Your wife is just fighting the inevitable.
She needs to get over her fear of accepting the true name of your boat.
You know as well as I do, that no matter what other name she comes up with, your boat WILL always be "Purple Nurple".

Slib77
08-31-2004, 03:58 PM
I have a guy who is hot to buy the DEMO boat so he can have it this weekend. But, if he doesn't take it, then we will put it on the water over the weekend and would be happy to let you play with it for a while.
After all, what good is a demo boat, if its not out on the lake where people can see it.!!
Thanks Chris.
Very kind of you.

Stealth Marine
08-31-2004, 04:00 PM
Thanks Chris.
Very kind of you.
When your small you can still afford to be friendly !! :smile:

desertrat
08-31-2004, 04:17 PM
Chris ...let me know if by Friday the boat is still around so I can get a demo this weekend??? Maybe.. I will than post what I thought of the boat and we can go from there...
Will you guys be open this weekend?? What are your hours and what would be the best day for a demo ride??
Thanks The Desert Rat...wanting to get wet and wild!!! :cool:

Under the Bridge
08-31-2004, 05:07 PM
Hmmmmm...
This IS a problem.
There is NO doubt at all that her name IS "Purple Nurple".
The name Fits.
Your children named her.
Your wife is just fighting the inevitable.
She needs to get over her fear of accepting the true name of your boat.
You know as well as I do, that no matter what other name she comes up with, your boat WILL always be "Purple Nurple".
She still did not agree.. So I told he to get her own Hot Boat Login Name and she could argue the point with you.

Stealth Marine
09-01-2004, 06:41 AM
She still did not agree.. So I told he to get her own Hot Boat Login Name and she could argue the point with you.
OK
Here is what I suggest.
Start a new thread.
"Naming my Stealth" and open it to suggestions from everyone else here.
Put out your suggested name and see what kind of responce you get back from the various and insundrey membership of this forum.

Stealth Marine
09-01-2004, 06:44 AM
Chris ...let me know if by Friday the boat is still around so I can get a demo this weekend??? Maybe.. I will than post what I thought of the boat and we can go from there...
Will you guys be open this weekend?? What are your hours and what would be the best day for a demo ride??
The boat is still here, but the guy did get approved on his loan last night.
Now he just has to show up with the down payment and the Demo boat is his for Labor Day.
We will be open on Saturday, from 8:00 probably till around 2:30 ish..
Closed Sunday and Monday if I can possibly help it!
If the Demo doesn't get sold, then I will be out on the lake with it on Sunday and Monday and your welcome to hook up with me then as well as Saturday morning.

dicudmore
09-01-2004, 06:48 AM
Hey DR I'll give you and the family a ride in a CX29 if you want to come up to mohave :cool:

Under the Bridge
09-01-2004, 09:01 AM
OK
Here is what I suggest.
Start a new thread.
"Naming my Stealth" and open it to suggestions from everyone else here.
Put out your suggested name and see what kind of responce you get back from the various and insundrey membership of this forum.
That is a good idea. Maybe the The thread name can be "Help Name My Boat"

Stealth Marine
09-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Hey DR I'll give you and the family a ride in a CX29 if you want to come up to mohave :cool:
OH, I see how you are.
Trying to steal away my potential customers and send them back over to Dad!! :supp:

Stealth Marine
09-01-2004, 12:58 PM
That is a good idea. Maybe the The thread name can be "Help Name My Boat"
I can only imagine some of the names people are going to suggest!!

Stealth Marine
09-01-2004, 01:04 PM
Speaking of your CX-29.
I had a customer come into the shop last Friday and ask if we could take a CX-29 and rig it out as a Stealth boat rather than a cheetah. Thought it was an interesting idea.
If you had it to do over again, what would you have changed on your CX-29 ??

dicudmore
09-02-2004, 07:15 AM
OH, I see how you are.
Trying to steal away my potential customers and send them back over to Dad!! :supp:
trying to keep the whole family fed Chris :D
Figured they'd like a demo on SOMETHING at least, you know if your boat sells and all... :idea:
I hope Bob has sold some CX's from the demo-rides I've given. I know the graphics caught on cause within 6 weeks of picking it up I saw a 23' Domn8r that was identical and a Fastcat that was pretty damn close...

dicudmore
09-02-2004, 07:34 AM
Speaking of your CX-29.
I had a customer come into the shop last Friday and ask if we could take a CX-29 and rig it out as a Stealth boat rather than a cheetah. Thought it was an interesting idea.
If you had it to do over again, what would you have changed on your CX-29 ??
What would I change....thats a great question and something I've been pondering myself. We truly love the boat so far. 55 hrs so far since April. There is not a whole lot I would want different after using this one for a year now, and driving other boats to compare with.
Only things I would do different are upgrade it some more, and rework the interior a little bit.
I was actually gonna ask you if either your guys or Bob's might want a winter project. I'm thinking lose the right love seat and go for a built in cooler (should have had them do it when they built it) because crawling over the cooler in the floor to get at the ez-up, chairs, etc is kinda a deal where you need to be a contortionist...
Bob basically put everything I wanted on it in the first place. The dana tabs, the gaffrig controls, etc. I wish it had more stereo but it was my intention to add later, as it sits most trips we don't even turn it on so maybe its not needed.
The other frills I've been thinking about, basically just because, would be the drop down bolsters and hydraulic steering (assuming I add some HP later)
-Dan

Stealth Marine
09-02-2004, 07:47 AM
What would I change....thats a great question and something I've been pondering myself. We truly love the boat so far. 55 hrs so far since April. There is not a whole lot I would want different after using this one for a year now, and driving other boats to compare with.
Only things I would do different are upgrade it some more, and rework the interior a little bit.
I was actually gonna ask you if either your guys or Bob's might want a winter project. I'm thinking lose the right love seat and go for a built in cooler (should have had them do it when they built it) because crawling over the cooler in the floor to get at the ez-up, chairs, etc is kinda a deal where you need to be a contortionist...
Bob basically put everything I wanted on it in the first place. The dana tabs, the gaffrig controls, etc. I wish it had more stereo but it was my intention to add later, as it sits most trips we don't even turn it on so maybe its not needed.
The other frills I've been thinking about, basically just because, would be the drop down bolsters and hydraulic steering (assuming I add some HP later)
-Dan
WIntertime is when we do the major re-upholstery jobs for customers.
So if you want to reconfigure the interior layout of the boat, that would be the only time of the year to get it done.
I am delighted to hear that you are as happy as you are with the boat. That means that there are no glarring flaws in the basic layup/layout of the boat. Nothing that is just screaming out at you to be fixed/corrected/changed or modified.

dicudmore
09-02-2004, 08:53 AM
WIntertime is when we do the major re-upholstery jobs for customers.
So if you want to reconfigure the interior layout of the boat, that would be the only time of the year to get it done.
I am delighted to hear that you are as happy as you are with the boat. That means that there are no glarring flaws in the basic layup/layout of the boat. Nothing that is just screaming out at you to be fixed/corrected/changed or modified.
No nothing at all....
Basically everytime I drive another boat I get a new appreciation for the CX.
A lot of my friends have 28' Nordics etc so its pretty cool to get a side by side comparison.

Stealth Marine
09-03-2004, 11:17 AM
No nothing at all....
Basically everytime I drive another boat I get a new appreciation for the CX.
A lot of my friends have 28' Nordics etc so its pretty cool to get a side by side comparison.
Told dad about your comments last night.
He was ALL smiles !
he also gave me the thumbs up on rigging any of the cheetah Hulls as custom Stealth Builds.
So if somebody wants a Cheetah built like a Stealth, that is now an official option.

dicudmore
09-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Told dad about your comments last night.
He was ALL smiles !
he also gave me the thumbs up on rigging any of the cheetah Hulls as custom Stealth Builds.
So if somebody wants a Cheetah built like a Stealth, that is now an official option.
cool on all counts...
hope it helps the business :D

Stealth Marine
09-03-2004, 02:02 PM
cool on all counts...
hope it helps the business :D
Honestly don't know.
But I have had two people ask me about it now.
A 2nd guy asked me this morning in the shop if we would rig up a CX for him.
So somebody out there is thinking about it.

dicudmore
09-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Honestly don't know.
But I have had two people ask me about it now.
A 2nd guy asked me this morning in the shop if we would rig up a CX for him.
So somebody out there is thinking about it.
well if anyone needs a demo on a CX I know of a red/white/blue one that gets wet often :cool:

Stealth Marine
09-04-2004, 07:26 AM
well if anyone needs a demo on a CX I know of a red/white/blue one that gets wet often :cool:
And they say a wet cat isn't happy.
Sounds like your kitty loves the water...

Stealth Marine
09-07-2004, 04:33 PM
The customer came and took the demo boat Saturday night.
It now lives in San Diego California.
The last boat on the lot will be coming in to be rigged in the next week.
Its going out to be used as a Demo Boat in California.
The mold is being polished and prepped this week and I will be laying up 2 more hulls before the end of the month so we can build up a new Demo Boat for us and one for a customer in Newport Beach.

desertrat
09-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Got a late start in the morning... drink a little to much ;) .... I didn't have time to get to Chris since my friends were a little intent on drinking / partying the weekend.. But I saw the yellow / purple boat on the water Sunday and I never got a chance to speak with the owner to see what he thought of the purchase..
Thanks for the offers for rides... I will let you know the next time I'm gonna to around so I can hook-up with either you (Chris) or other pround owners of your boat...
What's the status of demo / new boats at this time??? Since it now coming into the later part of the year is it worth getting a boat now or waiting till springtime? When should I think about ordering the boat I want?
Hope all you ***boaters had a fun and safe weekend!!!!!!!!
The desert rat

Slib77
09-08-2004, 08:13 AM
I also saw the demo boat cruise the Channel.
First time seeing one in person. Sits really nice.
Keep up the good work Chris.

Stealth Marine
09-08-2004, 11:58 AM
I also saw the demo boat cruise the Channel.
First time seeing one in person. Sits really nice.
Keep up the good work Chris.
Hmm
so he DID take it out after all?
Wasn't sure what he did with the boat after he came and picked it up saturday night. Adrian was a real nice guy and I hope he has a great time with his new toy.
Was the boat FULL of people or just him??

Stealth Marine
09-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Question to everyone reading this thread...
I am sitting here looking at my proposed list of changes for the 2005 model year Stealth, and I am just curious, what the "Hot Items" everyone on this board are looking for.??
What do you think the "trick/must have" items will be in 2005 to have on your boat (assuming of course you were going out to get another boat) ??

PHX ATC
09-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Things I'm not happy that they weren't stock on my boat:
1) Colored bezels around the gauges. White is boring.
2) Colored cupholders. White is boring.
3) Stereo remote control. It sucks going back/forth between the midcabin.
4) The option of better stereo equipment.
I would have gladly paid to have these installed.
Idea: prewired for amplifiers and extra speakers.

dicudmore
09-08-2004, 02:00 PM
I am sitting here looking at my proposed list of changes for the 2005 model year Stealth, and I am just curious, what the "Hot Items" everyone on this board are looking for.??
What do you think the "trick/must have" items will be in 2005 to have on your boat (assuming of course you were going out to get another boat) ??
Do you have a cute receptionist you could throw in?
You know when they say "What do we have to do for you to buy this car today" type of thing :D

Slib77
09-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Telescoping light.
Hidden hinges for the hatch.
LED lighting.

FRENCHIE
09-08-2004, 05:23 PM
You know when they say "What do we have to do for you to buy this car today" type of thing :D
get to work!!! :wink:

Stealth Marine
09-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Things I'm not happy that they weren't stock on my boat:
1) Colored bezels around the gauges. White is boring.
2) Colored cupholders. White is boring.
3) Stereo remote control. It sucks going back/forth between the midcabin.
4) The option of better stereo equipment.
I would have gladly paid to have these installed.
Idea: prewired for amplifiers and extra speakers.
Thanks for the comments!
Colored Bezels are already Standard as are Cupholders, so we are good there.
Remote Control comes standard as well.
Stereo upgrades are pretty common, and we offer our customers 2 on the options list as well as just about anything they want done custom.
PRE-WIRE for amps and Subs??
Now thats a great idea!
That would certainly make a future upgrade a whole lot less expensive...

Stealth Marine
09-09-2004, 01:21 PM
I am happy to say that I have NEVER, NOT EVER said those words.
I think that is about the slimiest thing a used boat salesman can say.

Stealth Marine
09-09-2004, 01:25 PM
I really thought I would get a LOT more replies to this question. Maybe its just buried too deep in this thread??
So let me ask it again.
I want to build a better boat, and this is your chance to speak up and have some direct input.

Under the Bridge
09-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Got a late start in the morning... drink a little to much ;) .... I didn't have time to get to Chris since my friends were a little intent on drinking / partying the weekend.. But I saw the yellow / purple boat on the water Sunday and I never got a chance to speak with the owner to see what he thought of the purchase..
Thanks for the offers for rides... I will let you know the next time I'm gonna to around so I can hook-up with either you (Chris) or other pround owners of your boat...
What's the status of demo / new boats at this time??? Since it now coming into the later part of the year is it worth getting a boat now or waiting till springtime? When should I think about ordering the boat I want?
Hope all you ***boaters had a fun and safe weekend!!!!!!!!
The desert rat
Chris,
I did see the Demo boat going out on Sunday as we were coming in, it looked great. We did have guests in town over the weekend and they had a blast in the boat with us. Saturday we were in Steamboat cove with all of the craziness and Sunday we went up by the 40 and went tubing. We did get a lot of compliments on the boat.

Stealth Marine
09-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Chris,
I did see the Demo boat going out on Sunday as we were coming in, it looked great. We did have guests in town over the weekend and they had a blast in the boat with us. Saturday we were in Steamboat cove with all of the craziness and Sunday we went up by the 40 and went tubing. We did get a lot of compliments on the boat.
We were up just south of the bridge by Topock all day Monday.
Sunday was a bit too busy for me likings with all my kids.
Glad you had a good time!!

Under the Bridge
09-09-2004, 04:09 PM
We got out on the lake early and got off of the lake early. I think that we were trailered by 1:00 PM. It wasn't bad up in Topock on Sunday ( because the Sand Bar was closed) but the main part of the lake was a washing machine.

Stealth Marine
09-09-2004, 04:21 PM
We got out on the lake early and got off of the lake early. I think that we were trailered by 1:00 PM. It wasn't bad up in Topock on Sunday ( because the Sand Bar was closed) but the main part of the lake was a washing machine.
Speaking of washing machines.
Just had a guy drop off a boat for repair.
Was out on the lake yesterday when that huge storm blew across the lake.
He got caught on the water.
A wave came across his open bow.
Caught the lip of the Forward upholstery on the open bow and snaped the underframe in half and bent it right backward into the bow.
never seen anything like it before.
Said the boat was 50% flooded after the wave hit.
Gut was DAMN lucky to get off the lake with his boat afloat.

Havasu_Bound
09-13-2004, 08:15 AM
I took delivery of my Stealth 252 back in August. This is the first Stealth but the third custom boat I have owned, and the craftsmanship and personal touch on my Stealth far surpasses any of my expectations.
During the past 10 yrs. I have owned two other boats of similar type made by well known boat mfgs. and they pale in comparison to the quality, customer service, and attention to detail that I received from Stealth Marine. When they talk about a "custom boat", Stealth Marine is the definitive "Custom Boat Manufacturer".
The double step hull handles awesome! With the 496 Mag, the boat planes immediately, giving you the immediate needed power. The custom interior and upholstery turned out incredible. We couldn't be more satisfied!
Thanks to Chris, Randy, Mike and everyone over at Stealth Marine!
Mike
"The Lurker"

Slib77
09-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Pics please.

Stealth Marine
09-13-2004, 10:55 AM
I took delivery of my Stealth 252 back in August. This is the first Stealth but the third custom boat I have owned, and the craftsmanship and personal touch on my Stealth far surpasses any of my expectations.
During the past 10 yrs. I have owned two other boats of similar type made by well known boat mfgs. and they pale in comparison to the quality, customer service, and attention to detail that I received from Stealth Marine. When they talk about a "custom boat", Stealth Marine is the definitive "Custom Boat Manufacturer".
The double step hull handles awesome! With the 496 Mag, the boat planes immediately, giving you the immediate needed power. The custom interior and upholstery turned out incredible. We couldn't be more satisfied!
Mike
"The Lurker"
Well LOOK who decided to surface and actually JOIN the forum!!
Welcome to the group Mike!!
Thanks for the Kind words, its really very nice of you. As you know, we really do aim to please.
Looking forward to seeing you Saturday for the Sand Sports Super Show at the Orange Country Fair Grounds! Gotta find a new quad for the winter here in Havasu, and have to get something to keep up with that new Predator you just bought!

Stealth Marine
09-15-2004, 06:30 AM
Mike
"The Lurker"
Mike:
Are you really out there?
Are you gonna reply or is this just a 1 time posting???