PDA

View Full Version : Serious question about pump setup.

Jetdriver
08-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Ok so here goes! I have now rid myself of the rooster booster and replaced it with an Agressor droop. Now if I understand this the rooster booster had 8degrees built in to it and the droop now has around 7 7.5 degrees. Currently Im not running a wedge but I do have a 4degree wedge to use for my testing. I also found that my ride plate was set at around 7 degrees. So I have now shimed the ride plate down 2.5 degrees and no wedge in the droop. So heres the question, is this a decent place to start or should I bring the plate up a bit. Here is a pic of the old setup oh and Im running a Hydralic Place Diverter. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/79DSCF0021-med.JPG

HBjet
08-04-2004, 09:12 AM
Just pick a setup and go run it with a GPS a few time. Come back to the ramp, make one change, and go back out there and see if it helped or hurt. Then go from there and keep making changes until you find the best one for you.
HBjet

Jet Hydro
08-04-2004, 09:30 AM
From what I have found out "if" you don't need a ride plate don't run one! The ride plate will correct a vast number of handling problems. If you didn't have a problem at 7 degrees there`s no reason to set it lower. It will create drag thus you`ll lose a few mph. Now if your nose is running to high or you fell like flipper with your nose bouncing up and down, move it down.

flat broke
08-04-2004, 09:30 AM
To expound on what HB said, Take notes of water conditions, exact setup changes for each run etc.
Come to think of it, I think everyone gave you some pretty good advice (at least I thought we did :) ) a couple months back when you started looking at the setup.
As Randy said, pick a point, start from there, and keep careful notes.
Chris

Jetdriver
08-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Jet Hydro
From what I have found out "if" you don't need a ride plate don't run one! The ride plate will correct a vast number of handling problems. If you didn't have a problem at 7 degrees there`s no reason to set it lower. It will create drag thus you`ll lose a few mph. Now if your nose is running to high or you fell like flipper with your nose bouncing up and down, move it down.
JetHydro,
The boat ran great with the plate up that far and it GPS'd at 64. But what I did find is that the boat wanted to continue to go straight when I would turn. Even with the diverter down it still wanted to go straight. So I figured that the plate being up as far as it was Might have been the cause. But now to add to the mix I have installed the droop.

BIGAMIST
08-04-2004, 12:24 PM
With droop.......................
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010001-2hb.jpg

Jetdriver
08-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by BIGAMIST
With droop.......................
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010001-2hb.jpg
Thanks Jeff!

AngryJosh
08-04-2004, 01:05 PM
64mph??? Thats it???:D :D :D must be a heavy layup! :eek:
Just bustin your chops man---I have no room to talk, since I havnt even gps'd mine.
Good luck

Jetdriver
08-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Its a big heavy boat for sure, but I should be able to get 70-75 out of her. Hey at least Im honest about my numbers. :D

AngryJosh
08-04-2004, 01:30 PM
I thought you were supercharged??

Jetdriver
08-04-2004, 01:47 PM
If you want to buy me a supercharger I will be! :D

Nucking futs
08-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Well the droop has 8 degrees up but the intake if set corectly will have negative 4 degrees which means you only have 4*up on the nozzel.Im running the same set up and have a hop at WOT and cant get rid of it.I have been as much as 5* down on the plate and makes no differance.I am currently at 4* up on the plate and am goin to go up 2* more to see if it wil carry.I may need more power to carry the nose but its getting better.I have a sw 20 with about 500hp and it is heavy as well and i can only get 60-65 out of her on just the engine.I have not used the funny gas yet.