PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mead 50 & 75 mile Marathon Waterski Races

BADAXE
08-04-2004, 09:50 AM
This year the marathons are being held on Friday and Saturday, September 10th and 11th. We will have moved into our new house in Boulder City by then so we will be there for sure.
Anybody else planning on going?

summerlove
08-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by BADAXE
This year the marathons are being held on Friday and Saturday, September 10th and 11th. We will have moved into our new house in Boulder City by then so we will be there for sure.
Anybody else planning on going?
won't be going, but I think BC is the bomb! I love that place. About 1000 ft higher than vegas, major airport a few minutes away, the best shows on earth, and Lake Mead. What more could you ask for!

BADAXE
08-04-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by summerlove
won't be going, but I think BC is the bomb! I love that place. About 1000 ft higher than vegas, major airport a few minutes away, the best shows on earth, and Lake Mead. What more could you ask for!
That's to bad, your Campbell would make a great viewing platform for the races.
I think they are racing in Havasu later in September, it's always a good show.

BADAXE
08-04-2004, 06:57 PM
YA WE MIGHT GO ,WHERE DO THEY RUN TO AND FROM?
They start from Boulder Beach, just down from Hemenway Launch Ramp and run out to the island just before the narrows and back. Each lap is 25 miles. At least that's the way they did it the last time I went, and that was many years ago.

CrazyHippy
08-04-2004, 11:32 PM
That's how they did worlds too.... big triangle shaped course. one turn @ Boulder beach, one way the hell out by the narrows (couldn't see them for 3-5 min from boulder beach) and one near what used to be lake mead marina...
Should be a good show.
BJH

BADAXE
08-16-2004, 04:55 PM
TTT
So anybody going to be there?

BADAXE
09-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Sorry but I figured I would give it one last try. Anybody?