PDA

View Full Version : Blythe - End of August

JetBoatRich
08-05-2004, 03:25 AM
We are thinking of heading to Blythe the 27-29th of August, anybody have plans to be there :rolleyes:

Hotcrusader76
08-05-2004, 03:30 AM
We are thinking of heading to Blythe the 27-29th of August, anybody have plans to be there :rolleyes:
Might be down @ McIntyre (Goose Flats & Watermelon)
~Ty

JetBoatRich
08-05-2004, 04:19 AM
Might be down @ McIntyre (Goose Flats & Watermelon)
~Ty
That is where we launch from :idea:

victorfb
08-05-2004, 07:07 AM
i wanna go, i wanna go. :smilespi:

JetBoatRich
08-05-2004, 07:25 AM
we had a good time there a couple weeks ago, first time I put my boat on the water dwon there.
Victor you showing up?

AngryJosh
08-05-2004, 07:34 AM
OOOOOoooooooo... :idea: :idea:

Mrs. casean
08-05-2004, 07:55 AM
Going next weekend, anyone going then?

AngryJosh
08-05-2004, 08:09 AM
Alot of us will be at CBBB.

Mrs. casean
08-05-2004, 08:41 AM
Yeah I know, we were thinking about going, but my brother is putting his flat bottom on the water for the first time in 5 years and wanted to put it on the water in Blythe first to make sure it runs alright... My husband and I debated on going up there, sounds like a great time. I love the Avi! so you never know... do you think it will be really crowded because of the CBBB?

JetBoatRich
08-05-2004, 09:13 AM
over 100 boats registered, so it should be crowed

AngryJosh
08-05-2004, 09:13 AM
OVER 100 boats are registered. And they have been sold out on rooms for awhile. I hear its going to be a real zoo!! I'm bringin my piece :eek:

Desert Rat
08-05-2004, 09:24 AM
OVER 100 boats are registered. And they have been sold out on rooms for awhile. I hear its going to be a real zoo!! I'm bringin my piece :eek:
Be Carful Josh you're on indian land and the don't take kindly to whities with a big piece :D

Mrs. casean
08-05-2004, 10:44 AM
Well I wish all of you lots of fun up there... I am sure you will have a great time. I hope my husband and I will get to meet most of you someday. Everyone on the forums seems to be good people & fun to hang out with.

Hotcrusader76
08-06-2004, 03:32 AM
If we even make it to Blythe that weekend it will be a break-in/test-n-tune weekend for us. The motor should be complete and built by next weekend which will crunch my time before Labor Day @ Martinez. Either way you may see me at 'Goose Flats' that weekend....
~Ty

JetBoatRich
08-06-2004, 03:35 AM
sounds good, we will stay at my brother in-laws house and he probably knows where goose flats is?

Hotcrusader76
08-06-2004, 04:25 AM
He should know where it is. It's one of the biggest hang-outs aside from Watermelon. Just tell him it's the large cove/inlet about 2-3 miles south of the freeway and about 1 mile north of McIntyre. Very difficult to find if you've never been there. It has an inlet about the width of two jetboat beams....and it's very shallow when entering....
not to mention the crab grass that you'll pull out of your grate when idling in....yes you need to idle in once you're out of the current.
Good luck...see ya there.
~Ty

Hotcrusader76
08-06-2004, 04:27 AM
If Toni goes I imagine Jaime will be easily persuaded into a back to back trip. At least that weekend will only be two days vice four on Labor Day. Do you want me to get reservations for McIntrye for an RV? I think they have some spots still available.
~Ty

JetBoatRich
08-06-2004, 04:35 AM
He should know where it is. It's one of the biggest hang-outs aside from Watermelon. Just tell him it's the large cove/inlet about 2-3 miles south of the freeway and about 1 mile north of McIntyre. Very difficult to find if you've never been there. It has an inlet about the width of two jetboat beams....and it's very shallow when entering....
not to mention the crab grass that you'll pull out of your grate when idling in....yes you need to idle in once you're out of the current.
Good luck...see ya there.
~Ty
I was in there a couple weeks ago and I saw teh spot you are talking about, we will look you up.

victorfb
08-06-2004, 10:02 AM
If Toni goes I imagine Jaime will be easily persuaded into a back to back trip. At least that weekend will only be two days vice four on Labor Day. Do you want me to get reservations for McIntrye for an RV? I think they have some spots still available.
~Ty
we are definatly down for the labor day trip. toni had to change her schedule for that one allready and dont think she can do two weekends in a row. stupid me, i thought rich was talking about labor day weekend. though i wanna go i wanna go, i dont think we will make it to that one. for next season we would like to find a place to store the 5th wheel down there so we can go more often and have a place with all the stuff allready there. way cool to just hook up the boat, grap fresh beverages and go. i havnt been anywere lower than parker so ill have to reley on you guys for help and advice for that area.

Hotcrusader76
08-07-2004, 09:40 AM
we are definatly down for the labor day trip. toni had to change her schedule for that one allready and dont think she can do two weekends in a row. stupid me, i thought rich was talking about labor day weekend. though i wanna go i wanna go, i dont think we will make it to that one. for next season we would like to find a place to store the 5th wheel down there so we can go more often and have a place with all the stuff allready there. way cool to just hook up the boat, grap fresh beverages and go. i havnt been anywere lower than parker so ill have to reley on you guys for help and advice for that area.
Well the nice thing about McIntrye is that you can store you boat or RV there all season. I stored my boat there all last year for $50.00 p/month. I'd call them on Wednesday and have them pull my boat and prep it for launch....and that sort of service doesn't cost extra. I'd show up late Friday afternoon with my boat ready to go, pulled and all. If I didn't want them to touch it, I'd just drive around back and pick it up myself. No biggie.
So try calling them up and seeing about storing the rig there.
~Ty

JetBoatRich
08-16-2004, 02:43 PM
We are still going wih Angry Josh and some other friends :rollside:
Get there late Friday night, full day of baoting Saturday.

beached 1
08-17-2004, 06:14 AM
I'll be there this weekend @ The River Lagoon, just up from the 10 about a 1/4 mi.
I'll be in my red spectra with my punk rock girls. :2purples: We'll be down at Goose mostly.
Next week we are tenetively planning on Mayflower.
JBR, hope to see ya there
:smile:

JetBoatRich
08-17-2004, 06:37 AM
I'll be there this weekend @ The River Lagoon, just up from the 10 about a 1/4 mi.
I'll be in my red spectra with my punk rock girls. :2purples: We'll be down at Goose mostly.
Next week we are tenetively planning on Mayflower.
JBR, hope to see ya there
:smile:
Next weekend for sure, not sure where the Mayflower is but I am sure we can find it. I owe you a beer or two, so we will look for you :D

beached 1
08-17-2004, 06:52 AM
Mayflower is about as far from the 10 bridge north as Mac is south. I'll let you know for sure if we are going..Pretty sure though and would love to hook up, have a beer, argue about football..
:wink:

AngryJosh
08-17-2004, 07:17 AM
We are still going wih Angry Josh and some other friends
Where are we going, and when???

JetBoatRich
08-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Where are we going, and when???
Don't ask questions, just follow teh caravan :rollside:

AngryJosh
08-17-2004, 07:34 AM
Be serious, when and where. I have to rebuild my pump, lay tile and have a garage built.

JetBoatRich
08-17-2004, 07:41 AM
Be serious, when and where. I have to rebuild my pump, lay tile and have a garage built.
This is the trip we talked about last week :idea:
Your pump? Did you loose it :confused:

AngryJosh
08-17-2004, 08:08 AM
My jet now sounds like a V-Drive man. It screams and howls!! :mad: :mad:
I'm secretly excited though because I can now take pictures and document the progress for the shop!! You know what I mean?? Might as well do all the tricks too!! I'm researching it now. Anyways, I forgot our conversation so please remind me as to what we agreed on. Thanks Rich.

JetBoatRich
08-17-2004, 10:55 AM
Josh check your PM, are sure you did not suck something into your jet :eat: I had to clean mine out a couple times this weekend :angry2:

Bense468
08-17-2004, 11:05 AM
I might be out there in the new boat as well.

AngryJosh
08-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Went for a little excursion with Sean and Jeff. When we went to leave Juan Sean and I sucked rocks into our jets. After about 20 minutes we excavated all the rocks out and headed on our way. But my jet sounds like a V-drive. It runs OK, but I would like to get rid of the noise. Plus Sean roosted the wholly Mother-F U C K I N chit out of me and Jen. :D :D So this is my excuse to rebuild my jet with the good chit. When I hit the diverter, it'll be like a f-in sunami and shit. A tidal wave!!! :D :D Oh- just so I'm clear... Sean roosting us was a total accident. I was transom gating, and some crazy focker cut them off- so he had to hit diverter and gas to steer clear. Next thing I new we were under water. It was so good I was holding my breath!!!
What were we talking about???

BrendellaJet
08-17-2004, 01:42 PM
anyone have pics of the Blythe area? How much river is there to run on? Ive seen the pics online at the Mcintyre park website...Just looking for more. Hows the pull from SoCal?

UtlGoa
08-17-2004, 02:13 PM
As long as the water is up, Blythe is a great place to have fun. Watch for the sand bars and tree stumps. I worked the river in Blythe for eight years. Have seen alot of stupid people do stupid stuff. Just be safe.

beached 1
08-17-2004, 02:23 PM
anyone have pics of the Blythe area? How much river is there to run on? Ive seen the pics online at the Mcintyre park website...Just looking for more. Hows the pull from SoCal?
sure!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1221river96.JPG
a lot of river below the Palo Verde dam but can be very, very shallow. sand bars come out of nowhere
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1221blythe.jpg
not a bad drive from SoCal either.

UtlGoa
08-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Hey beached, Let me guess first picture is up by the damn? Second picture looks like it's just south of Hidden beaches?

beached 1
08-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Hey beached, Let me guess first picture is up by the damn? Second picture looks like it's just south of Hidden beaches?
The first one, yes.
The second was taken buy a buddy up from Mayflower near the big sand bar just before the river bends left.
:)

Bense468
08-17-2004, 06:39 PM
FIRE :jawdrop:

Mod VP
08-17-2004, 08:09 PM
My jet now sounds like a V-Drive man. It screams and howls!! :mad: :mad:
I'm secretly excited though because I can now take pictures and document the progress for the shop!! You know what I mean?? Might as well do all the tricks too!! I'm researching it now. Anyways, I forgot our conversation so please remind me as to what we agreed on. Thanks Rich.
Maybe.... RTJas visited your boat also :idea: :D PS,it was nice meeting you Josh
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2079DSC00185-med.JPG

AngryJosh
08-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Pete, is that you?? I cant get a big picture of your avatar, but I think thats Petes boat. Good meeting you too!!!

Mod VP
08-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Yes,it's me. :D
Did you find out if someone actaully stole your anchor??
My brand new EZ Up never showed up.I guess I shouldn't have left it on the beach laying down folded up for 3 hours waiting for the storm to let up on Friday :hammer2: :burningm:

JetBoatRich
08-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Yes,it's me. :D
Did you find out if someone actaully stole your anchor??
My brand new EZ Up never showed up.I guess I shouldn't have left it on the beach laying down folded up for 3 hours waiting for the storm to let up on Friday :hammer2: :burningm:
I thought you said it was stolen after you set i up :messedup: either way that is messed up :sqeyes:

AngryJosh
08-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Pete,
At least you have a green one now. I would put a special little mark somewhere that only you knows about. There arent to many green ones around. I think someone stole it, we never found it.!! It sucks-Someone said they saw a bright ass orange boat hovering around the area. :idea: :D :D
AngryJosh

JetBoatRich
08-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Josh you have to watch those boats :jawdrop: :hammer2:
Hard to believe thiefs and nobody saw it :mad:

Mod VP
08-17-2004, 08:46 PM
I thought you said it was stolen after you set i up :messedup: either way that is messed up :sqeyes:
I did say that,we set it up in early :sleeping: AM,and went back to our rooms to get ready to go eat breakfast,then the wind kicked up,so we took it down and layed it on the beach by our chairs, hoping the storm would blow over.When we went back out a few hours later it was gone.
BTW,it was cool meeting you too Rich,let me know next time your going out local or to the river..

JetBoatRich
08-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Josh you have to watch those boats :jawdrop: :hammer2:
Hard to believe people steal and nobody saw it :mad:

JetBoatRich
08-17-2004, 08:52 PM
I did say that,we set it up in early :sleeping: AM,and went back to our rooms to get ready to go eat breakfast,then the wind kicked up,so we took it down and layed it on the beach by our chairs, hoping the storm would blow over.When we went back out a few hours later it was gone.
BTW,it was cool meeting you too Rich,let me know next time your going out local or to the river..
Thanks, you to ;)
We are hitting the River again the last weekend in August, then not sure when :idea:

JetBoatRich
08-24-2004, 05:01 AM
Just wondering who is confirmed this weekend, we will be on the river Saturday around noon :cool:

FunOnTheWater
08-28-2004, 05:36 AM
we are thinking about going :cool:

JetBoatRich
08-28-2004, 05:51 AM
we are ready to leave ;) maybe we will see you there :idea:

JetBoatRich
08-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Had a good time, hanging on the river :shift:
My son and cooling off :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/78P8280001-med.JPG
My brother in-law just bought a boat