PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa this weekend anyone?

Robbie Racer
08-05-2004, 06:56 AM
Rocket-J and I (and maybe Shamless Kitty) are planning on getting together at Lake Berryessa on Saturday for a day trip. Anyone else planning on going there this weekend?
Keith

RACER52
08-05-2004, 08:16 AM
well maybe I can swing a day trip. The bride to be is having her bridal shower this saturday. I'll have to check the kitty for some gas $$$$
Plus it would be a good way to break in my new truck that I'm getting today.
Racer

Robbie Racer
08-05-2004, 08:19 AM
Sounds good Racer. What truck are you getting?

RACER52
08-05-2004, 08:27 AM
3 weeks ago I ordered a 04 2500hd with the 6.1 duramax and allison combo. The truck has been in fresno at 4 wheelparts getting the works.
they called and and said it would be delivered via flatbed today. :D :D
cant wait, have always wanted a tunnel hull boat and a big deisel truck.
well now I gottem.
I will work on making it up this saturday.
I was planning on a solo trip here on the delta to do nothing other than trying new maps on the computer. I could bring it up and try a few changes while up there.
Racer

billet racing
08-05-2004, 12:20 PM
I'd love to join you, but them my boat might notget finished for TP4. Then I would need a ride there too.

Dave C
08-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Damn I am going next weekend. SP for 3 days.
Love to make it. Probably not in the cards.

Robbie Racer
08-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Wow, nice truck Racer. I would like to have a diesel to pull my boat too. My little F-150 with the 5.4 really struggles when pulling my boat up steep hills. :frown:
Jerry, quit goofing off and get that darn boat on the water. The season is going to be over before you get it back together if don't start prioritizing boat stuff before work stuff like I do. :smilespi:
Dave, too bad about the timing. Maybe next time. I will be back up their over labor day weekend and again on 9/18 -19 weekend. Maybe you can hook up with us on one of those weekends.
Shamless Kitty just confirmed that he will meet up with us at the Steele Park marina around 11:30 after he launches at Pleasure Cove. Racer, where do you plan to launch?

sleekvino
08-05-2004, 08:11 PM
ill be up there on sat.up near smitle creek day camp,ill be all over the lake in a 72burnt orange 18ft.sleekcraft.look for the rooster. :devil: :pig_flyi: :)

Robbie Racer
08-06-2004, 06:25 AM
Sounds good Sleek. We will keep our eyes open for your rooster tomorrow.
Racer, what time are you planning on getting there and where are you going to launch?

Restless22
08-06-2004, 08:37 AM
Robbie:
There are a few peeps coming up from So-Cal you might run into... (Party Cat, 26' Advantage) and a few others....
I will not be attending, due to same family issues....
Have a good time the weather is going to be perfect..
Dave C.....Hellooooooo.... Long time no talkie! Pm me. we need to get the elminator crew back out in full force.

Robbie Racer
08-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Restless, thanks for the heads up on the SoCal peeps. We will keep our eyes peeled for them. Are you still planning on being there for the V-drive and or LBBA get together on the 18th and 19th of Sept.?

Restless22
08-06-2004, 12:55 PM
Restless, thanks for the heads up on the SoCal peeps. We will keep our eyes peeled for them. Are you still planning on being there for the V-drive and or LBBA get together on the 18th and 19th of Sept.?
RR, yeah, Im def. going to that event. I am going to try and recruit our big group, including dave c....look forward to seen and chattn with ya...it sounds like you ran pretty good at the bridge to bridge dealio.. :) :)
Talk to ya soon.....
R22

Robbie Racer
08-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty jazzed with the 132 radar (135 gps) numbers at the Bridge to Bridge event. Now, if I can figure out how to quit breaking drive parts, I will be even happier. :) Look forward to chattin with ya next month outside of PCR.

Dave C
08-06-2004, 01:46 PM
I need an excuse to go on Saturday. Anyone got one I can use?
We are going on 9/18. I still need to get a reservation at SP. The phone is only two inches away but their operators at SP are oh so painful to talk to.

RACER52
08-06-2004, 02:10 PM
well guys sorry to change plans but the gang kinda told me they wanted to run the Big Cat Poker Run.
So they are all chipping in gas and I'll be racing with the big boys again this weekend.
We'll all have to meet up soon. Any other takers on the biggest poker run on the delta.
Racer

Robbie Racer
08-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Dave, how about this excuse: "Gee dear, I need to test the boat this weekend just to make sure it's going to run okay for the next outing". Sometimes it works for me. :idea2:
Racer, have fun playing with the big boys this weekend. Remember.......... stay out in front of them so you don't have to deal with those wakes. :D

gnarley
08-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Looks like I will be up Saturday, with the wife, her sister, niece and friend from Maine. The girls want to go tubing and I felt safer taking them tubing at Berryessa than the smaller more confined area of Lake Sonoma. So to tube and pull a skier I need to prop down for the day to play. Maybe we'll meet up, who knows.

sleekvino
08-06-2004, 03:46 PM
whats up robbie ill be up there about 1030 or so and ill be at the smitle creek day camp for home base.let me know what time you will be up there.

Robbie Racer
08-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Chalrie, sounds good. Hope to see you guys running around tomorrow. Check your PM's.
Sleek, we plan to launch at Steele Park around 11:30 tomorrow morning. I can't find Smitle Creek on my map. Where is it in relationship to Steele Park, Spanish Flat or Putah Creek?

sleekvino
08-06-2004, 04:44 PM
smitle creek is just south of lake berryessa marina.if you come looking for me you cant miss my boat its burnt orange ,it sticks out like a sore thumb :eek!:

Robbie Racer
08-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Okay, I found it on another map. We will be cruising between Steele Park and the Putah Creek cove so will stop by on the way to see if we can find you.

sleekvino
08-06-2004, 06:44 PM
cool ill have a cold boy waiting.see you tomorrow at the lake. :wink:

Robbie Racer
08-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Hey Sleek, did you make it out to Smitle creek? I made a couple of passes by what I thought was that area looking for you but I didn't see a bright orange jet boat. Shameless Kitty, Rocket-J and I had a lot of fun. The weather was perfect and the water level was still looking good. Someone told us that they were having some kind of poker run on Berryessa that day too but the only NorCal poker run that I know of this weekend is the Big Cat run on the delta.

sleekvino
08-08-2004, 09:47 AM
ya was up there,i sat under the bridge a couple of times,were you the cat that had the blower with the three carbs on it?i ran all over the north end of the lake but it was a little choopy from the roll bar boats over all a good day though.are you hittig up tp4 on the 21st.if you are we could hook up there.leet me know.

Robbie Racer
08-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Sleek, yeah I have the 3 carb blown cat. I must be color blind since I didn't remember seeing a bright orange jet boat. Oh well, we can hook up at TP in a couple of weeks. Are you going to the LBBA event at Steele Park next month? I plan to be at that one too.

sleekvino
08-08-2004, 11:27 AM
yes ill be at steele park im trying to get a tent spot with someones rv,i was sitting right next to you at the back of the bridge.i had been right behind you about 30 ft or so.no big deal ill see you in a couple weeks for sure and if your going to camp with the lbba at berryessa ,if :D got anyroom in your site then let me know.

acatitude
08-08-2004, 09:19 PM
sorry we missed ya sleek I was with Keith in one of the other cats and I didnt see ya either . see ya at tp4

Dave C
08-09-2004, 07:45 AM
RR, Blown,
We made in on Saturday after all. My buddy found me an excuse.
I saw you guys floating at the bridge in the late afternoon. Your three boats floated right past us. Thats some mean sounding stuff you guys go there :D
I was tied up to another 25 Daytona with yellow & red flames, in between an 22' Eagle. I was the one standing up on the motor hatch waving from a blue boat with canopies.
We will try to make 9/18 also. maybe we will see you guys then.

Robbie Racer
08-09-2004, 08:03 AM
Dave, I didn't put two and two together to think that might be your boat. (I didn't see you waving). That sure is a beautiful boat that you have. The graphics are awesome. Please come on over and say howdy the next time that you see me. Look forward to chatting with you on 9/18. :cool:

Dave C
08-09-2004, 11:52 AM
RR,
I was sandwiched in between two boats so it was hard to see my boat. :)
We were anchored otherwise I would have come by to say hi.
I looked through the parking lot at SP but you guys were already gone. I think I saw the tail end of the blue HTM leaving S.P.
see ya next time though.
feel free to pull up alongside if you see us at the bridge. We go to Berryessa regularly (because of the R.V. park and one small kid) ;)

Robbie Racer
08-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Sounds good Dave. Are you guys going back to Berryessa for the labor day weekend? Rocket-J and I plan to be back up there for that holiday weekend.

Dave C
08-09-2004, 12:05 PM
daytrip maybe on LD? We don't have a RV site. All sold out. :mad:
we are going this coming weekend also.

Robbie Racer
08-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Rocket-J was able to get a RV site in the "overflow" area there at SP for the labor day weekend, so Maggie and I will be setting up our tent in his site (providing I can cancel my room reservation at the PCR motel) for that weekend. Hope to see you there then.

acatitude
08-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Hey Dave i saw your boat but didnt realize it was you. I cant remember from friday to saturday much anymore. I may go there this sunday if your around, Ill throw ya a cold one. I have the white howard . Keith I broke down and bought 100 ft of anchor line so now we dont have to float all around that damn place. My box anchor will hold all our boats, if I can remember how to tie a knot,lol. planning on shasta friday and maybe berryessa on sunday.

acatitude
08-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Hey Keith is yur room at pleasure cove hotel??? email me maybe ill take it and pay ya, im getting more lube tomorrow here in redding leyt me know if you need me to get ya some

hulshot
08-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Sounds like all of you had fun at Berryessa. I was at the poker run in a 21 outbard Dayton. I had my lifline on the entire time. Ken keep that boat shinny and I have been seeing some deep p/s pullies on many boats I look at. You need to get you some.

Robbie Racer
08-11-2004, 07:07 AM
hulshot, that must have been an E ticket ride. How are you coming along with lining up your next boat? We miss you out on the water. :)
Ken, my labor day weekend motel reservation is at the beautiful Putah Creek Suites. ;) I had to book it for 3 nights. Do you want me to keep that reservation for you?
Keith

acatitude
08-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Hey Don, sounds like a wild ride. Where do ya think I can find one of those pulleys??? email me or call me buddy. Yes dear I'm keeping her clean .I'm also going to call imco about getting full hyd. string this winter on it.

RACER52
08-11-2004, 10:39 AM
blowncarrera= call imco and get your prices and then let my buddy do the install here in the bay area. the shop where I built my boat and they already know your boat. I've always wanted that Howard to get full hydro
so I'll make sure he treats you right as far as the $$$$ goes.
I believe I got the ext. box and full hydrolic system for under 5k that didnt include labor. but I know its alot cheeper without the ext. box. But
I would surely recommend it.
that price sounds high, I'll check my receipts
Racer

hulshot
08-11-2004, 02:15 PM
It is coming along Keith. I have pictures of it now. It doesnt have a stereo, soes that mean it wil go fast????
Ken I looked into the steering and to complete it to the Helm was about 1000.00 or just under in parts. You will still need to get that deep grove pully though. I think it is a must.
The poker run was a lot of fun in a small boat. I need to stay used to the small ones so I dont get in to trouble with the next one I get.

acatitude
08-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Don yea that price seems about right for what I need to get. Let me know if you find where to call about that pulley, thats a must.
Racer I will be intouch when I get the steering parts or get ahold of me and maybe i can make arrangements with this person to have parts sent there and a time. Thanks. Don give me a call tomorrow , your off right?? or I'll call you , I have a question about jets and want you to fax me that info you have.

hulshot
08-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Still too rich for you huh?? Yes I am home in the afternoon time. I will look inthe CP catalog and see about the pulley.
Keith dont count me out for the season yet............. I may just surprise you guys. Ken yes the guy at Gator Marine will take care of the Howard for you. Greg is a good guy over there. He should be able to order the parts needed for you also.

acatitude
08-12-2004, 06:43 AM
yea Don it is still super rich. I ran thru almost both tanks at beryessa saturday and still was told the exhaust water was real brown, so I,m going to change jets when I get back from shasta saturday . I'll call ya later today

RACER52
08-12-2004, 11:28 AM
blown=that price was for the external steering and the whole shabang.
when your ready talk to Don or I and we'll help you out.
Sounds like your wanting a little more mph. changing jets, its just the beginning. :idea:
racer