PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Trip

waterslinger
08-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Ok gang wife want a trip to Havasu next year. Let me tell you she gets what she wants. So were is a good place to stay??
I live in GA and can not put my BAJA in the overhead compartment. Will need to rent a boat or buy gas and beer.
I am just a poor GA boy so cost important but do not want to sleep with the roaches.

redneckgirl
08-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Ok gang wife want a trip to Havasu next year. Let me tell you she gets what she wants. So were is a good place to stay??
I live in GA and can not put my BAJA in the overhead compartment. Will need to rent a boat or buy gas and beer.
I am just a poor GA boy so cost important but do not want to sleep with the roaches.
Island Inn it is on the island... walking distance to the channel... just spent 6 nights there $50 a night!!! Clean rooms nothing fancy.
RNG

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Did you rent a slip or pull your boat out each night? :cool:

redneckgirl
08-05-2004, 11:44 AM
Did you rent a slip or pull your boat out each night? :cool:
Pulled our boat out!!! the security guards at the Inn have improved in the last couple of months ( since Perfect Tremor, shockwave was broke into...) Every time I or Hubby got up in the middle of the night the guard was either hanging out by the boats or cruising by in his golf cart!!!
We launched at the marina with no problem... with all the Big Bad Force cats we didn't have any problems!!!
RNG

Debbolas
08-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Sorry off topic
I wonder if the marina will give us a hard time? :sqsmile:

redneckgirl
08-05-2004, 01:31 PM
Sorry off topic
I wonder if the marina will give us a hard time? :sqsmile:
Who knows... there seems to be no rime nor reason... We saw big, loud, boats have no problem... and then a DCB V-hull about 22' that wasn't really any louder than the rest "driven by a retired couple" almost get tossed??? :confused: :confused: So who knows...
RNG

waterslinger
08-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Thanks RedNeckgirl, Hate to ask but do you have a phone
number or web address for Island Inn???

redneckgirl
08-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks RedNeckgirl, Hate to ask but do you have a phone
number or web address for Island Inn???
Island Inn (http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-382131-island_inn_hotel-i)
lake havasu marina web cam (http://170.215.57.242/local/)
on the web cam click the arrow down then click on hotel and you will see the back of the Island Inn... the big pink building.
RNG

waterslinger
08-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Very cool Thank you so much.
Trip will be next year what is a good party weekend??
If you ever come to GA or Fl Iknow some hot spots.

redneckgirl
08-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Very cool Thank you so much.
Trip will be next year what is a good party weekend??
If you ever come to GA or Fl Iknow some hot spots.
I can't answer that question other than Holiday Weekends... as it was my first trip to Havasu... I would go on a non holiday weekend if you want a cheap room as the Island Inn will raise the rates on holiday weekends!!!
Have fun!!! :jawdrop: :idea2: :D
RNG

Daytona100
08-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Stayed there several times. Never had any problems. Security was on the ball advised me to put cover on boat so they could tell if any lowlifes were messing with it. Also restaurant downstairs pretty tasty.