PDA

View Full Version : Color Help/Ideas

harleypauls
08-06-2004, 08:09 AM
I am having a 1975 Corvette painted and the body work done at Starbuck's customs in Corona CA. I have several ideas for paint schemes.
1) Candy Blue with a waving Ghost american flag on the front.
2) Jet black plain
3) jet black with ghost flames
4) Jet black with ghost american flag
5) candy blue
6) Candy red
7) Candy red with ghost american flag
I value the peoples opinions on here, so I thought maybe you guys could help me make my decision.
Thanks,
Paul

91nordic29
08-06-2004, 08:27 AM
#1, blue w/flag

harleypauls
08-06-2004, 09:33 AM
Thanks 91nordic29, I thought I might get more than one response. But I guess not. I like all the ideas I have stated, but I am hoping there will be a tremendous response for a particular one that will make the decision easier.
Paul

Ducatista
08-06-2004, 09:42 AM
#7............as Prince sang...."little red corvette" and I like the idea of the goast flag. That year vette will look good in all those #'s, I want to see the pic's when shes done.

HCS
08-06-2004, 09:46 AM
Jet black with ghost flames.

harleypauls
08-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Pics will be sent when done!! I am leaning toward the #1 blue with ghost american flag. But the I think black with ghost flames. Then I think no black with ghost flames you see on other cars. Then I think that's because everyone likes it. But Little red corvette would be cool too.
Help5!!!!

ratso
08-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Thanks 91nordic29, I thought I might get more than one response. But I guess not. I like all the ideas I have stated, but I am hoping there will be a tremendous response for a particular one that will make the decision easier.
Paul
At least you had the nerve to ask...Usually on here you would have been "flamed" by now... :D

harleypauls
08-06-2004, 10:07 AM
At least you had the nerve to ask...Usually on here you would have been "flamed" by now... :D
I know, I wrestled with the decision to ask or not for that exact reason. Paul

riverbound
08-06-2004, 10:14 AM
I am having a 1975 Corvette painted and the body work done at Starbuck's customs in Corona CA.
I value the peoples opinions on here, so I thought maybe you guys could help me make my decision.
Thanks,
Paul
Be VERY careful in your dealings with them. The quality is not what it used to be.

1stepcloser
08-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Black. Never goes out of style, always cool.
Red. Never goes out of style, always cool.
Either way, you cant go wrong.
I would personally avoid the ghost flag's or flames.

Slib77
08-06-2004, 10:25 AM
My favorite blue is WRC blue pearl. Looks sick when done right.

Debbolas
08-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Black. Never goes out of style, always cool.
Red. Never goes out of style, always cool.
Either way, you cant go wrong.
I would personally avoid the ghost flag's or flames.
I agree, I think those graphics would be better suited to a boat.
:sqsmile:

Ion
08-06-2004, 04:28 PM
I agree, I think those graphics would be better suited to a boat.
:sqsmile:
What she said, definitely! Just look around and see how many 'Vettes have graphics. I don't think you'll see many and there's a good reason for that. To me, doing any graphics would cheapen & distract from the main attraction of the car...the cool body. In the same manner...how many Ferraris have you seen with graphics? Granted, not exactly same class, but same ballpark.

harleypauls
08-07-2004, 09:50 AM
That was my reason for doing them as ghost designs. I will give a little more background. I am a proud american. I love the old red white and blue. I have a white 1997 ford f-150, a 2000 white Expedition,and I have a 1972 Porsche that will be painted red or blue (which ever the corvette isn't), And the 1975 Corvette. I also have a 1966 Mustang that will be painted in red white and blue waving flag when I finish it. Then after they are all done, I want to paint a mural of all of them on the tailgate of my f-150 and the Expedition. Ie... I am trying to tie it all together for the mural. I don't think the black corvette will fit in. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Paul
:cool:

dego red
08-07-2004, 10:49 AM
I would go with the red as it already has red on it. My wife just sold her 78 anniversary L-82. It was brt red and she always wanted burgandy. I would not paint it burgandy because of rock chips would show brt red. She finally got her burgandy by buying a 93 40th anniv ruby Vette. red

summerlove
08-07-2004, 10:50 AM
#3 sounds very cool.....

KineticoH20
08-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Having been a multi-Corvette owner i can say you would be most happy with the candy paint job in one color,blue or red. JMHO