PDA

View Full Version : Slips in Havasu

sunj_e
08-06-2004, 09:37 AM
I know this is a long shot, but do any of you guys now of an open slip in Havasu on Aug 13 and 14? New boat owner going out there the first time and do not mind using the ramp each day, but would be easier to leave the boat in the water. We are staying at the Best Western.
Thanks for any help.

Havasu Luvr
08-06-2004, 10:21 AM
As a Non-Member to London Bridge Resort you use to be able to walk up to the front desk @ 6pm and ask for a slip to rent for the night, if one is available it was something like $35 night right in front of Kokomo's. Worth a try, I kept my boat there a few months back for the weekend. Good luck and be safe

1stepcloser
08-06-2004, 10:24 AM
I know this is a long shot, but do any of you guys now of an open slip in Havasu on Aug 13 and 14? New boat owner going out there the first time and do not mind using the ramp each day, but would be easier to leave the boat in the water. We are staying at the Best Western.
Thanks for any help.
You could always try the Lake Havasu Marina.... :jawdrop:

Debbolas
08-06-2004, 10:40 AM
London Bridge Resort
$50 a night, first come, first serve unless you stay at the hotel, then they will reserve them for you.
:D

Havasu Luvr
08-06-2004, 11:45 AM
London Bridge Resort
$50 a night, first come, first serve unless you stay at the hotel, then they will reserve them for you.
:D
WOW ! ! $50 per night? thats why they have NOT been sold out on non holiday weekends...I would NOT pay $50 per night. thats beer and Fuel (idle into the channel) money :idea:

Debbolas
08-06-2004, 12:44 PM
I haven't asked Scream yet, but I think I would.........so we don't have to pull the boat out each night.......... ;)

sunj_e
08-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the response, but for $50, I think I will just pull the boat out each night. Hope to see you guys there.

summerlove
08-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the response, but for $50, I think I will just pull the boat out each night. Hope to see you guys there.
the marina is $20/night. If you can get one. Be at the marina office when the open, and be first in line, try 7:00 or 7:30 am. It's first come first served and they seem to change the rules each time out. Call them in advance and ask them what their rules are this week.... :mad:

Debbolas
08-08-2004, 09:00 AM
I think we are boycotting the Marina...........
We will just pull the boat out each night, no biggie!
Hope to see you all out there!
:)

Huckleberry
08-08-2004, 09:39 AM
the marina is $20/night. If you can get one. Be at the marina office when the open, and be first in line, try 7:00 or 7:30 am. It's first come first served and they seem to change the rules each time out. Call them in advance and ask them what their rules are this week.... :mad:
These fockers will not rent an overnight slip to anyone who has a boat that could be considered "high performance." I was given thatr BS line of "Be here 1st thing in the morning and we should have open slips." Of course when I pulled up to the dock in my Lavey it was the ol "Sorry, we're sold out" crapola. It happened to me three times before I figured out what was going on. Once I even saw a family runabout get a slip after I had already been told they were sold out.
Debbolas is right, Boycott that place.

sunj_e
08-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Since I am not going to be renting a slip, where si the best place for me to launch from? :idea:

Liquid Courage
08-11-2004, 03:59 PM
You can always "befriend" i.e. give a beer to, someone staying at the LBR and hook a slip up through them. I've done it in the past, works like a charm.
Site 6 is the best for you to launch as long as your boat is under 35'. Best thing about it??? It's free!! Go onto the island over the london bridge and follow road to the end. Ramp is on a road to your left.
Tank

summerlove
08-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Site 6 is the best for you to launch as long as your boat is under 35'. Best thing about it??? It's free!! Go onto the island over the london bridge and follow road to the end. Ramp is on a road to your left.
Tank
be sure to watch for rocks by the ramp to the left if yur facing the ramp. It is also steep but a pretty decent ramp for the price!

Steamin' Rice
08-13-2004, 08:21 AM
These fockers will not rent an overnight slip to anyone who has a boat that could be considered "high performance." I was given thatr BS line of "Be here 1st thing in the morning and we should have open slips." Of course when I pulled up to the dock in my Lavey it was the ol "Sorry, we're sold out" crapola. It happened to me three times before I figured out what was going on. Once I even saw a family runabout get a slip after I had already been told they were sold out.
Debbolas is right, Boycott that place.
I had the exact same thing happen to me.. I was at the fuel dock trying to get a slip. They said that they still had a few available and then asked me which boat was mine. I pointed to my 29 Shockwave and then they said that didn't have any left that would fit my boat.. BS!! I ended going to the London Bridge Resort for a slip. I think I paid $30 a night. $50 per night for a slip is a little steep, but I guess they will charge what people are willing to pay.

C-2
08-13-2004, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't count on London Bridge Resort. The docks out front are considered "courtesy" docks during the day - but if somebody pulls in one and leaves it there, they won't do anything about it.
We "reserved" and paid for a slip and were told "oh well" by that fine 5-star rated hotel (a rating they give themselves). They refused to return our money, even though we never got to use a slip. Man was I pissed on that trip!!!
F that s h i t hole/

shueman
08-14-2004, 07:43 AM
We've done it both ways; better to pull it out each night. Had stuff stolen as well at Havasu Marina.
Easier to clean-up at night and load it up with fresh supplies at the hotel than hauling everything down to the docks.

hava life
08-14-2004, 11:27 PM
I love to watch site 6 :D :D :D

KACHINA KEN
08-15-2004, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't count on London Bridge Resort. The docks out front are considered "courtesy" docks during the day - but if somebody pulls in one and leaves it there, they won't do anything about it.
We "reserved" and paid for a slip and were told "oh well" by that fine 5-star rated hotel (a rating they give themselves). They refused to return our money, even though we never got to use a slip. Man was I pissed on that trip!!!
F that s h i t hole/
Bullshit, they towed me during RRX 3.0 and I have a small claims case filed against Tom Flatley & Adventure Center now because of it, they chipped my gel on the starboard rear.

Debbolas
08-16-2004, 05:09 PM
I love to watch site 6 :D :D :D
OMG!! we launched there Saturday and these people just sit on the wall in the evening to watch people (try) to retrieve their boats?!?! :eek: