PDA

View Full Version : CBBB Thursday?

throwerb
08-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Hey, any of you guys going up Thursday, I am, love to meet some of you a day early. Also be happy to help withb any set up that needs to be done. Let me know. :)

Sportin' Wood
08-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Hey, any of you guys going up Thursday, I am, love to meet some of you a day early. Also be happy to help withb any set up that needs to be done. Let me know. :)
going up thursday afternoon if all goes well

Mohavekid
08-06-2004, 06:30 PM
We'll be arriving Thursday evening.
Looking to meet some C3B'ers for Friday.

Mod VP
08-06-2004, 06:41 PM
We'll be there Thursday night late,10-11 PM.
Are most people coming mid day Friday?
If so is anyone up for an early Friday AM run to mohave (Cottonwood or Willow beach??)

Brooski
08-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Going to the Flamingo thursday night arriving about 10:30, then to the AVI on Friday.

roostwear
08-06-2004, 07:52 PM
We'll be there Thursday night late,10-11 PM.
Are most people coming mid day Friday?
If so is anyone up for an early Friday AM run to mohave (Cottonwood or Willow beach??)
I'm headed to the house Thursday after work. You won't be going much of anywhere early Friday with the flows down. Personally, I wouldn'y even launch 'till after 9am. It gets shallow up by my place.

Mod VP
08-06-2004, 10:19 PM
I'm headed to the house Thursday after work. You won't be going much of anywhere early Friday with the flows down. Personally, I wouldn'y even launch 'till after 9am. It gets shallow up by my place.
Will the water go down at Lake Mojave,around Cottonwood to Willow beach area??
I pretty much know what to expect at Needles,and surrounding area.
How far is it to Willow or Cottonwood from the Avi, does anyone know?

Wally_Gator
08-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Will the water go down at Lake Mojave,around Cottonwood to Willow beach area??
I pretty much know what to expect at Needles,and surrounding area.
How far is it to Willow or Cottonwood from the Avi, does anyone know?
I am not sure of the mileage, but you have a rather SMALL object in your path trying to go from avi to willow or cottonwood.. Davis? dam..
You could go launch at Kathrins' landing (zoo unless you go early) Just duck into a cove if the wind picks up on mojave..
We will be there thurs evening.. 7-9 pm..
Up to helping early friday if needed or who knows?

dmontzsta
08-07-2004, 06:08 AM
All of you heading up there on Thursday are selfish, greedy, ignorant...and I am jealous of you :D have a good one.

Mod VP
08-07-2004, 06:20 AM
I am not sure of the mileage, but you have a rather SMALL object in your path trying to go from avi to willow or cottonwood.. Davis? dam..
You could go launch at Kathrins' landing (zoo unless you go early) Just duck into a cove if the wind picks up on mojave..
We will be there thurs evening.. 7-9 pm..
Up to helping early friday if needed or who knows?
I meant on land ,and the zoo at Katherines is why I want to launch from cottonwood or willow :smilespi:

Mohavekid
08-07-2004, 07:02 AM
It's about an hour's drive to Cottonwood from the Avi.

Brooski
08-07-2004, 08:35 AM
All of you heading up there on Thursday are selfish, greedy, ignorant...and I am jealous of you :D have a good one.
In that case, you should have some cold beers waiting for us when you get there.. :cool:

dmontzsta
08-07-2004, 08:48 AM
In that case, you should have some cold beers waiting for us when you get there.. :cool:
Whatchu mean? I think the people that go up Thursday should have cold ones waiting for us when we get there on Friday! :D

Mod VP
08-07-2004, 09:45 AM
Whatchu mean? I think the people that go up Thursday should have cold ones waiting for us when we get there on Friday! :D
No....slackers that can't make it until friday buy the 1st round :) :argue:

dmontzsta
08-07-2004, 10:09 AM
No....slackers that can't make it until friday buy the 1st round :) :argue:
I am going to use some reverse psychology here, the slackers are the one going on Thursday, the responsible people are the ones going on Friday cause they are taking care of business on the home front before enjoying themself, therefore the people on Thursday = Slackers, Slackers = buy the first round. Did that work?
:)

Blown_Rob
08-07-2004, 11:13 AM
im leaving late thursday also

roostwear
08-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Yes, we are :D I won't be able to launch until after noon, so I don't know if I'll be at Avi to check in, or at the house. Either way, I'll be on the beach when you slackers get there! :smilespi:

throwerb
08-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Any of you slackers up thursday night, I'll be in the lounge practicing the 12oz clean and jerk :) and I could use a few training partners. Remember practice makes perfect.

dmontzsta
08-07-2004, 12:13 PM
I just hope the time goes by very slow, so we can all enjoy this time to the fullest...even you slackers!

roostwear
08-07-2004, 03:38 PM
I just hope the time goes by very slow, so we can all enjoy this time to the fullest...even you slackers!
You don't want it to go by TOO slowly..... remember, you newbies are buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Mohavekid
08-07-2004, 04:13 PM
What's this about newbies buying?
I was planning to run down to Topoc Friday, if the newbies are buyin the silvers, I might just have to hang out at the Avi lagoon. :D

Mod VP
08-07-2004, 05:45 PM
You don't want it to go by TOO slowly..... remember, you newbies are buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Ok this is a stretch,but since I'll be there on Thursday,I won't be a newby on Friday,so..... http://www.***boat.com/forums/image.php?u=6046&dateline=1090903096 STILL buys the beer...

dmontzsta
08-07-2004, 05:59 PM
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/up_yours.gif I heard the returning members treat the newbies, after all they want to make it a good experience and have them come back the following year...
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/cheers.gif

roostwear
08-07-2004, 08:38 PM
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/up_yours.gif I heard the returning members treat the newbies, after all they want to make it a good experience and have them come back the following year...
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/cheers.gif
Ah newbie....nice try. You'll have a good experience... NEXT YEAR when the NEW newbies buy YOU beer. :idea:

dmontzsta
08-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Ah newbie....nice try. You'll have a good experience... NEXT YEAR when the NEW newbies buy YOU beer. :idea:
I was actually there last year...you just did not see me. So therefore I am not a newbie.
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/Sing.gif

Brooski
08-07-2004, 11:46 PM
I am going to use some reverse psychology here, the slackers are the one going on Thursday, the responsible people are the ones going on Friday cause they are taking care of business on the home front before enjoying themself, therefore the people on Thursday = Slackers, Slackers = buy the first round. Did that work?
:)
Not at all. We, the responsible bunch, take care of business on the home front in a timely and efficient manner, therefore allowing us the extra time to leave on Thursday and enjoy the extra day. With that in mind, who is slacking? All I know is I want to get there, and have a cold beer. And I agree that the newbies should be given beer to keep them coming back. :D
Truthfully, I would just rather travel at night.

roostwear
08-08-2004, 07:53 AM
I am less concerned at this point about who is or isn't a slacker by when they arrive. I am extremely disturbed that some newbies are shurking their responsibility, no, their DUTY, to buy the beer. This is your "buy in" as it were, to the event and feeble attempts to cheap out won't be forgotten. This group has become expert at public humiliation (just ask the victims in last year's lounge incidents), and aren't shy about creating a scene. Hell, we've been kicked out of better places. Wear your initiation as a badge of courage..... next year YOU TOO can reap the benefits of a veteran.

Mohavekid
08-08-2004, 08:00 AM
Perhaps relating the story of Victor's wheelchair being pushed down the stairs in the Arroweed Lounge by a veteran for beer might do the trick.

roostwear
08-08-2004, 08:22 AM
The two best able to relate that experience are Victor and Mike. :D

dmontzsta
08-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Funny thing is I have never heard of this initiation, I have talked to several newbie members from last year too. :) I can take the pranks, but I have been known to dish out some mean ones back. http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/mad1.gif
I am also a fast runner, so catch me if you can! http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/auto.gif

Mohavekid
08-08-2004, 09:32 AM
We're just funnin with ya, but the looks on the peoples faces when they saw HBjet push Cyclone down the stairs in the wheelchair was priceless. :eek:
:eek:

victorfb
08-08-2004, 09:44 AM
and trying to get back to my hotel room with a wheelchair that has square wheels, a missing foot rest, and some smell that i think was from when mike pooping his pants when he saw he was being pushed off the stairs, was enough. i should have opted for buying the beers. :p

dmontzsta
08-08-2004, 12:15 PM
We're just funnin with ya, but the looks on the peoples faces when they saw HBjet push Cyclone down the stairs in the wheelchair was priceless. :eek:
:eek:
yeah, I am just playing around with it some too. :) I know you cant make people buy beer.

roostwear
08-08-2004, 05:56 PM
yeah, I am just playing around with it some too. :) I know you cant make people buy beer.
True... it's not like the sponsors would rig the giveaways or anything.

Mohavekid
08-08-2004, 06:37 PM
They're rigged?
Damn, how did I go home last year with stickers, keychains, a waterski, a wakeboard and some t-shirts?
Nevermind, i'ts coming back to me now, Halletdave dressed as a California Girl and cheap Corona's may have had something to do with it. :D

dmontzsta
08-08-2004, 06:56 PM
True... it's not like the sponsors would rig the giveaways or anything.
yeah, so if I dont win I will just blame it on the fact that I didnt buy beer.
*whispers* if you like the .99 Coronas I will buy you three if you guarantee me something...just between us!
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/hide.gif

SPECTRABRENT
08-08-2004, 08:26 PM
I will be heading out Thursday nite (dont know what time, but Thurs nite.).
I think Hustler maybe heading up Thurs. too. :D
I look forward to meeting everybody.
Brent

Ntwotrance
08-08-2004, 08:33 PM
just a note to all who are buying beer, but keep this a secret...it's NTwoTrances' Birthday that weekend...whoops...and he drinks Coronas.... :)

dmontzsta
08-08-2004, 09:12 PM
just a note to all who are buying beer, but keep this a secret...it's NTwoTrances' Birthday that weekend...whoops...and he drinks Coronas.... :)
Remember I said I got you covered for some? I still owe you.

Brooski
08-09-2004, 06:59 PM
I will be heading out Thursday nite (dont know what time, but Thurs nite.).
I think Hustler maybe heading up Thurs. too. :D
I look forward to meeting everybody.
Brent
Looks like we are heading up Thur night from Vta County also. Mudpumper said he is leaving Thur too. Damn, maybe we can just start our own caravan Thur night.

SPECTRABRENT
08-09-2004, 08:32 PM
My wife should get off work at 9:00, I should be on the road about 10:00 pm. I live in Castaic, so I will be going out the 14 to Pearblossom Hwy to Victorville. I have a white 4X4 Excursion, no boat.
I should be in Barstow for a bite to eat about 12am.
Let me know where you will be.
Brent
818-621-5626

HalletDave
08-10-2004, 05:41 AM
They're rigged?
Damn, how did I go home last year with stickers, keychains, a waterski, a wakeboard and some t-shirts?
Nevermind, i'ts coming back to me now, Halletdave dressed as a California Girl and cheap Corona's may have had something to do with it. :D
LMAO :D
Most of the Posse should be arriving before noon on Friday.

Seadoo Mark
08-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Hey guys wish i was going this weekend but gotta work everyone be safe and have a great time see you all on next one. Mark
P.s Keep Dave under control

Wally_Gator
08-11-2004, 05:44 AM
Caravan Thursday?
I am leaving from the 10 and 57 freeway area around 3 PM...
Anyone else? CB's?
Only 32 hours and 15 minutes until I leave...

Sportin' Wood
08-11-2004, 07:06 AM
Caravan Thursday?
I am leaving from the 10 and 57 freeway area around 3 PM...
Anyone else? CB's?
Only 32 hours and 15 minutes until I leave...
3 pm would be wishfull thinking on my part. The rate I'm going it will be 3AM no doubt!

throwerb
08-11-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm leaving about noon from Pasadena, see you up there. :D

78Southwind
08-11-2004, 10:54 PM
To The Top

Wally_Gator
08-12-2004, 05:41 AM
From what part of Pasadena, Let me know when and I will look for you on the frwy... My office overlooks the 210 at Lake.

dmontzsta
08-12-2004, 06:08 AM
You all have a safe trip, we will see you tommorrow shortly afternoon sometime, hopefully.

Wally_Gator
08-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Good luck with the traffic. Collision head on with the center divide at Madre
3 maybe four people ejected with one of them landing on the metrolink tracks.

Rev. Williams
08-12-2004, 10:26 AM
My wife should get off work at 9:00, I should be on the road about 10:00 pm. I live in Castaic, so I will be going out the 14 to Pearblossom Hwy to Victorville. I have a white 4X4 Excursion, no boat.
I should be in Barstow for a bite to eat about 12am.
Let me know where you will be.
Brent
818-621-5626
Alright Brent !! I was hoping you were coming.... I'll be up sometime Friday... I'll see you at the craps table around 4am Friday night right??? :D :D :D Oh and don't forget to get me some of those Chicken Fingers !! Those were tasty ! :p

Wally_Gator
08-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Good luck with the traffic. Collision head on with the center divide at Madre
3 maybe four people ejected with one of them landing on the metrolink tracks.
CHP Has updated this one to a possable fatality. Coroner on the way.