PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coating Suction Housing

Jake W
08-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Any one that has had this done that can recomend a good place to send it to?Would like a place with alot of colors.What should I look out for what kind of prep should I do .I have sanded down the suction pice to polish but decited to have it coated instead along with the droop but the rest will be polished.
Jake

Duane HTP
08-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Lorac here in Wichita does great work. They do all of the prep work and powder coat it for about $80.00.

Cs19
08-06-2004, 08:53 PM
What should I look out for what kind of prep should I do .
Jake
Most likely they are gonna sandblast the parts, make sure they dont blast the area where the wear ring sits or the bearing cavity, they can remove too much material while blasting and things will not fit properly..Also see if they can just lightly blast it and not remove the hard anodizing.
Oh and same goes for the bowl, dont let them blast where the bushings/seal live.

Jake W
08-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Duane thanks I will give you a call to get the number also do they have a wide range of colors?
CS 19 since I sanded it down to polish the hard coat along with the crushp berkeley writing is gone on the out side.I did not plan on coating the housing but had second thoughts on color for the side stripes and hardware to give it some color.
Jake

hack job
08-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Do not let whoever does it sandblast your cast aluminum parts. Then need to be chemically stripped then sanded if any further material removal is required. We've done a couple of them now at home and a little effort goes a long way. Make sure they've done large cast pieces before as they tend to outgas a bit and proper preheating procedures will give much better results.