PDA

View Full Version : American ***boat sample trailer

Spotondl
08-06-2004, 03:58 PM
American ***boat sample trailer...
Quicktime version, 5 megabytes (http://www.mukaikussin.com/boattrippers/videos/american***boat.mov)
Windows Media version, 14 megabytes (http://www.mukaikussin.com/boattrippers/videos/american***boat.avi)
The files are large so they take a while to download off the server... Please be patient.

WetWillie
08-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Can you look at the link?

Spotondl
08-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Link is working properly... Files are kinda big, 5mb and 14mb so they take a little while to download...

79miller
08-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Right click the link and "Save as Target". You can cruise the forum while it downloads, then watch the whole thing once it's done....

BLOWN HOWARD
08-06-2004, 06:34 PM
looking good were is all the pictures of my boat in there???? I wanted to see Chris's little chubby face in there too!!!!!!!!!!

fourspeednup
08-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Lookin good. Are we just waiting for a network to pick it up now? Or is it already in production?

RiverToysJas
08-07-2004, 12:08 AM
That was a trailer for the TV Show? So the show is just going to be about showing race boats in action? I thought this show was going to be about building boats??? I'm cornfuzed.... :confused:
RTJas

SoCal_fun
08-07-2004, 03:19 AM
That was a trailer for the TV Show? So the show is just going to be about showing race boats in action? I thought this show was going to be about building boats??? I'm cornfuzed.... :confused:
RTJas
My thoughts exactly.... Whats the show about?? :confused:

78Southwind
08-07-2004, 04:09 AM
:cool: What they said

superdave013
08-07-2004, 05:31 AM
RTJas
I think the buildig process will be a pretty big part of it. I'm not involved with it but I've seen the first boat that's getting built up. sick sick sick is all I'm gonna tell ya.
I'm glad there is more to it then the build up myself.
Looks like Dave Sammonds behind the wheel of that old hydro, Darrin Cristy aka Quickshot in the alki hydro and Jetboatguru driving the Bling Bling ski flat. Nice!
BTW, I hear that old front engine hydro will be doing laps at the Long Beach race on the 14th. Sounds like it will be the first boat out there. Don't be late if you want to see some histroy running around the track.

Spotondl
08-07-2004, 08:58 AM
SuperDave is right... Actually the buildups will be the majority of the show... The trailer above is just a short compilation of some "race action" shots cut together for an experimental opening sequence... Believe me, not all of the build ups will be race boats... There is a sick offshore project in the works, and a really big poker run lake cat with some HUGE HP going in...
Still shopping for a major network that wants to work on a more accellerated timeline... Have a major bite already but they are looking for a 2 year release timeline... Too long IMO....
The footage shown is compiled from just a few minutes of raw footage out of many hours. Actually this "Sample" is an experiment in using certain tools to check for functionality... The Sony HD Cam 24p footage is SOOO high quality that it is impossible to work with on any reasonably priced editing equipment so there had to be several "down-conversions" - HD Cam -> DigiBeta -> DV Cam -> MPeg4 -> Quicktime .mov or Windows Media .avi.... Definitely some artifacting and dropped frames but usable for this internet purposes.... The actual offline edit will take place at the DigiBeta level and onlined to HD to create the masters... I was just taking the downconverts to their extrememes to see what it looked like...
SuperDave - you nailed all the drivers except for the Bling Bling... On that pass it was the owner driving... There is another thread in the V-Drive section with a POV of the Guru making a pass, rope to finish....
Hope everyone enjoys the shots despite the long download...
Peace out...