PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for my system(truck)

Jrocket
08-06-2004, 09:47 PM
I need some ideas for putting a system in my new truck.04 Crew cab Ford F-250.I dont want to move the back seat if I dont have to.
Lets hear some options from the stereo gurus! :D

Tom Brown
08-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Pimp out your Walkman with a 12v adapter.

Mr. Naudio
08-07-2004, 05:02 AM
I need some ideas for putting a system in my new truck.04 Crew cab Ford F-250.I dont want to move the back seat if I dont have to.
possibilities are endless
as far as moving the rear seat goes JL makes a stealth box loaded with a 10"
wo.That sounds pretty good considering it is totally hidden.Replaces lower coushion of center front seat (or counsel)using original upholstry.
Sells in Havasu for 499.99
Could build a box for alot less but you would have to give up a bit of space.
Amp will fit under rear seat or have put behind rear seat(with mods).
Your speaker size is 5x7 many good ones out their.I like the new Clarions
Src5795 two way plates.About 139.99
Can also get a nice Focal pollyglass 6.5 in their.About 349.99
Would still go with the lesser for the rear doors unless you have people in the rear at most times as these will only be for fill.
Got the DXZ945MP head unit in mine.(rocks)(699.99)
All can be powered with one amp say the Autotek SX5750.(399.99)
If you go the route of the big box may need to split amps as this one only has about 200watts for the subs.(at 4 ohms) Plenty for the stealth sub.
This is a VERY common truck lots of ways to go this was just one or two.

Jrocket
08-07-2004, 08:08 AM
I think I will be using the center stealth box for sure,but might want 1 more 10 in the back.Focal 6.5 in the doors and rear and maybe some old style PPI's for amps.Kenwood 7015 for in the dash.

riverbound
08-07-2004, 08:34 AM
Jrocket,
sent you a PM

KACHINA KEN
08-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Hey J,
It may sound funny but I looked at the stealthbox too and decided I didnt want to give up my lower storage under me seat in my 04' Dodge 2500, so I have a MTX Thunderform molded box loaded with JL 001 10's and I push it with a Fosgate 400 watt amp. it is plenty but not anything near to what my boat is. My car stereo has been stolen so many times that I just left the stock deck in so as not to attract attention, also I can use my steering wheel controls still (volume, track, cd or xm etc...) The box with JL's was still around 500 bucks.

KACHINA KEN
08-07-2004, 10:14 AM
here is the MTX box, mine has 2 but you can only have a single 10" it seems.
http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/products/enclosures/FSC10.cfm

Jrocket
08-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Im open for all ideas.If I could put a box behind the seat and only have to move it a small amount then id do that.Still looking for mroe ideas though.

ROZ
08-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Bring it over here. Well put a body lift on it, completely cut out yout floor and add 7 inches of depth put a sub floor in. We'll put 8 Boston pro 10's in the floor, put 2 pair of components in each door in completely custom panels and put 6 amps in the rear. 3 on the rear panel then the other 3 built into the back of the rear seat. I'll motorise all of your saets to lift and flip in order to expose the floor and rear seat amp area. What about the dash you say? you don't need no stinking dash. We'll fab a new one that completely sizes and retracts(clusters, pedals, and controls move) when you push your button on your alarm remote upon entering the vehicle. All Alpine F1 status gear with a full surround sound.
I'll get Charlie to help out with the interoir lighting ;D
When you wanna drop it off?

Tom Brown
08-07-2004, 01:13 PM
Hey... this is kind of blue sky but think about this...
You could try running fairly high Qts poly cone drivers mounted on the floor of the truck firing down with the outside world providing the infinite baffle. You would lose a few dB when you roll down the windows.
You'd probably want to shield the cones a bit from road hash but it wouldn't take too much. You could even hang the baskets under the truck if room were a problem and the truck lifted high enough but then you might get trash in the spiders and such if they aren't shielded sufficiently. I think it would be a pretty slick infinite baffle solution.
I'm actually serious on this one...
Any response? :D

riverbound
08-07-2004, 02:30 PM
You can do up to 4 10" subs behind the seat w/o modifications to the seat all amps are under the seat w/o modifications.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681Picture_020-med.jpg
We also have moved the rear speakers from behind the seat to in the doors.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681Picture_019-med.jpg
Both of these will look as close to factory as possible, If you were interested in doing something more extreme let me know I can post some pics of that too.

riverbound
08-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Hey... this is kind of blue sky but think about this...
You could try running fairly high Qts poly cone drivers mounted on the floor of the truck firing down with the outside world providing the infinite baffle. You would lose a few dB when you roll down the windows.
You'd probably want to shield the cones a bit from road hash but it wouldn't take too much. You could even hang the baskets under the truck if room were a problem and the truck lifted high enough but then you might get trash in the spiders and such if they aren't shielded sufficiently. I think it would be a pretty slick infinite baffle solution.
I'm actually serious on this one...
Any response? :D
It does work. I had a similar setup in one of my show cars where the mids were mounted in the floor up front with a set of USD waveguides for the highs it sounded really good. Most people dont want to cut up thier car like that though. Too bad because it was one of the best sounding cars I have ever built.

Tom Brown
08-07-2004, 02:38 PM
If you were interested in doing something more extreme let me know I can post some pics of that too.
I'd consider it a favor if you would post those pics. :)
Thanks for the pics you've already posted, BTW. :cool:

Jrocket
08-07-2004, 02:43 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681Picture_020-med.jpg
Can i still do this?I have the power back window.

riverbound
08-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Yes, we will either have to relocate the power motor or only do 3 10's. I would have to see the truck.

ROZ
08-07-2004, 03:13 PM
it was one of the best sounding cars I have ever built.
We did USD Waveguide components in the early 90's. The vehicles we used them in were some of the best sounding vehicles we ever put out.. Seemed like everyone with a cutlass, bronco, or probe wanted them ;)

riverbound
08-07-2004, 03:30 PM
I still have a couple sets of them that I am saving for a project.

ROZ
08-07-2004, 05:50 PM
I still have a couple sets of them that I am saving for a project.
I don't have a set saved, but I do have plans to call Eric for a set ;)

Jrocket
08-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Bring it over here. Well put a body lift on it, completely cut out yout floor and add 7 inches of depth put a sub floor in. We'll put 8 Boston pro 10's in the floor, put 2 pair of components in each door in completely custom panels and put 6 amps in the rear. 3 on the rear panel then the other 3 built into the back of the rear seat. I'll motorise all of your saets to lift and flip in order to expose the floor and rear seat amp area. What about the dash you say? you don't need no stinking dash. We'll fab a new one that completely sizes and retracts(clusters, pedals, and controls move) when you push your button on your alarm remote upon entering the vehicle. All Alpine F1 status gear with a full surround sound.
I'll get Charlie to help out with the interoir lighting ;D
When you wanna drop it off?
Uhhhh ..... To far on that one. :D

ROZ
08-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Where's your sense of adventure? :D
HAve your neighbor kid to it :idea2:

Jrocket
08-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Where's your sense of adventure? :D
HAve your neighbor kid to it :idea2:
He moved out of his parents house and I havent seen him in a long time.Wouldnt of been one of my choices either btw. :D

mbrown2
08-08-2004, 01:03 PM
JRocket,
I did the console stealth in my truck and it works good....does not hit like 2 12's, but I did not want to touch the seat.....If I had to do it again, I might to do 2 10's in a box in back and mount the amp in between them.....Don't get me wrong, the thing that really sells me on the stealth is having the base right in the front sound stage.....Good luck on what you decide..

Jordy
08-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Im open for all ideas.If I could put a box behind the seat and only have to move it a small amount then id do that.Still looking for mroe ideas though.
I don't know how much room you have behind your seat, but in my Cheby, there are 4 10's behind the back seat, in a box, with the seat in the stock location. Had to go with the rounds because the L5's and L7's were too deep, even with an 8" speaker.

Jrocket
08-09-2004, 06:31 PM
I don't know how much room you have behind your seat, but in my Cheby, there are 4 10's behind the back seat, in a box, with the seat in the stock location. Had to go with the rounds because the L5's and L7's were too deep, even with an 8" speaker.
I dont think 4 will fit.I have the electric power rear slider that takes up alot of room.

Jordy
08-09-2004, 08:04 PM
I dont think 4 will fit.I have the electric power rear slider that takes up alot of room.
Hmmm... I'd imagine the big thing was depth, at least that was the limiting thing for mine. I'm not familiar with the Ford setup, but I think if you went to a stereo shop, say Wired for Sound, and told them what you were looking to do, they would probably be familiar with it, and if not, would more than likely have some speakers on hand that they could mock up and see what would fit and what wouldn't.

ADAM GARCIA
08-18-2004, 04:32 PM
04 F350 3 8IN SUBS IN WOOD BOX ONLY OR 3 10 in a fiber glass backing because of the depth in the 04 and up WFS ADAM