PDA

View Full Version : Who to pick to lab finish a prop? Is it wourth it?

YOUNG
08-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Looking for recomendations on who to choose to lab finish my prop and what are the rewards or down falls of having this done? It is a Mirage 25P on a Bravo one. It needs a little cleaning up and I would like to maybe pick up a few mph. Thanks

Essex502
08-10-2004, 08:19 AM
Looking for recomendations on who to choose to lab finish my prop and what are the rewards or down falls of having this done? It is a Mirage 25P on a Bravo one. It needs a little cleaning up and I would like to maybe pick up a few mph. Thanks
Talk to York Propeller (sorry don't have their number handy). They did the work on my Mirage Plus 25P. The prop works great. Note: each hull is different sp you should talk to them.

YOUNG
08-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the info.

Essex502
08-12-2004, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the info.
Seeing that you're in the eastern half of the U.S. you might also try Throttle-Up in Florida...pick up the latest Powerboat Magazine....they have an article on Mark and Julie - the owners of Throttle-Up...a couple of boaters out here have used them with excellent results.

YOUNG
08-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Thanks, I'll check out the magazine. Is having this done really going to benefit me in takeoff,midrange,topspeed? I am also wondering if there are any draw backs from having this performed.

Essex502
08-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks, I'll check out the magazine. Is having this done really going to benefit me in takeoff,midrange,topspeed? I am also wondering if there are any draw backs from having this performed.
The answer is a qualified - Maybe. Props seem to be a compromise at best.