PDA

View Full Version : I am beyond ready...

dmontzsta
08-08-2004, 02:46 PM
for CBBB who else is feeling the same? I cannot wait to get this week over with. I can imagine it now..."show me the river". I have watched 3 V-Drive Videos this weekend and I am pumped, the only thing that sucks is I am slow. :)
Whos with me?

Kachina26
08-08-2004, 02:52 PM
for CBBB who else is feeling the same? I cannot wait to get this week over with. I can imagine it now..."show me the river". I have watched 3 V-Drive Videos this weekend and I am pumped, the only thing that sucks is I am slow. :)
Whos with me?
what is cbbbbbbb exactly?

dmontzsta
08-08-2004, 03:09 PM
what is cbbbbbbb exactly?
www.classicboatbeachbash.com have you been in a cave the last month? :) or just yanking my chain?

Kachina26
08-08-2004, 03:14 PM
www.classicboatbeachbash.com have you been in a cave the last month? :) or just yanking my chain?
I have seen cbbb , but I just never read your scrolling banner until a minute ago on another thread. Yes, I rode the little bus.

dmontzsta
08-08-2004, 03:16 PM
I have seen cbbb , but I just never read your scrolling banner until a minute ago on another thread. Yes, I rode the little bus.
hahaha...
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/SigsAndAvatars/Smilies/shaq.gif

Mohavekid
08-08-2004, 03:21 PM
I can't wait. :D
Boat is washed, waxed and all packed up, just waiting for Thursday morning to hit the road!!!!
Whoooo Hooooo :D

dmontzsta
08-08-2004, 03:23 PM
I can't wait. :D
Boat is washed, waxed and all packed up, just waiting for Thursday morning to hit the road!!!!
Whoooo Hooooo :D
Thursday morning...man you are the lucky one. :smilespi:

LUVNLIFE
08-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Boats waxed and cleaned. Fired her up this afternoon and everything is a go. See ya there. ;)

WUTWZAT
08-08-2004, 05:06 PM
My boat made me hook her up behind the truck and take her around the block this afternoon. Oh yeah, had to fire her up wash, wax and polish the billet and stainless and pack up the cooler, just waiting for ice. Just need a change of underwear and some ice and I'm good to go.
Don, yes I did shave the melon, I think it looked so good that Doug might do the same if he gets the OK. I think he needs to behave just a little cause his b-day gift hasn't been bought yet, I'd be doning the same if I had the same gift on the line.
Lets talk about beer brands, who likes what?
Is it wrong to bring bottles?
What gets chicks drunk fastest?
Oh yeah boating stuff, I got a Jacuzzi pump, but no skag..... Anyone got any leads, it has some holes and looks like one might work but I have never seen one with it on. Not even in the diagram when I rebuilt the thing. :devil:
If I ask people to check out my skag will I get slapped?
Can't hardly wait, its going to be like waiting for X-mas everynight this week. Can't sleep, keep looking out the window at the boat to see if anything has changed. Cursing the calendar cause this will be the longest week of the year.
Please somebody stop me, I need to go to the river now. I keep wondering if my jet has enough suction on dry land to inhale a small puppy. Probably not but a cat, oh hell yeah...... Hah ha ha.... just kidding, just checking how many people actually read all of my rambling. Oh yeah don't forget about the beer survey, nah, I'll just start a new thread.
Jason
send complaints and naked pioctures to
wutwzat@cox.net

dmontzsta
08-08-2004, 09:13 PM
I have to see Doug with a shaved melon. :)

roostwear
08-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Bottles are ALWAYS a big faux pas around boats. I used to call them skags (I think it was from the old surfing days), but there was a thread not too long ago that said there is no such thing as a skag, it's called a skeg. :confused:
Don't know if anyone will slap you if you ask, but it would sound kinda, well, you know.....

wsuwrhr
08-08-2004, 09:21 PM
So when is CBBB? I wanted to go, but I don't know when or where it is?
Brian

Sleek-Jet
08-08-2004, 09:37 PM
I'll be there about mid-night on Friday, sans boat. :D

Rev. Williams
08-09-2004, 07:04 AM
I'll be there mid-morning Friday AM..... I havn't touched the boat, havn't packed $hit !!! I have enough work at my office to last me 3 weeks, yet I have only 4 days to complete it..... If I don't freak out from an anxiety attack, or a small stroke I'll be really surprised !!!
Oh ya, my life sucks right now!! :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 08:12 AM
My boat is beyond ready, I have had to keep dusting it from it waiting so long.

HalletDave
08-09-2004, 08:13 AM
Boats waxed and cleaned. Fired her up this afternoon and everything is a go. See ya there. ;)
I had the boat in the cement pond last night for some last minute tuning.
Jethroe and Ellie Mae were a little pissed off 'cause they had to get out.
Watered the neighbors back yard 2 houses down.
Emptied the pool in under 5 minutes.
I shure hope Jethroe remembers to turn the fill valve off before I get off work. :jawdrop:
I am ready for the CBBB.
ps
Ellie Mae won't be making the trip. She says she has put on too much weight. :D

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 08:20 AM
I had the boat in the cement pond last night for some last minute tuning.
Jethroe and Ellie Mae were a little pissed off 'cause they had to get out.
Watered the neighbors back yard 2 houses down.
Emptied the pool in under 5 minutes.
I shure hope Jethroe remembers to turn the fill valve off before I get off work. :jawdrop:
I am ready for the CBBB.
ps
Ellie Mae won't be making the trip. She says she has put on too much weight. :D
You put it in your swimming pool?

HalletDave
08-09-2004, 08:27 AM
You put it in your swimming pool?
I don't have a hot tub. ;)
Have you got any better ideas other than me quit being such a tight wad and just go out and buy one? ;) :D
Besides, Jethroe gets a kick out hearing the BBC. :D :D

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 08:42 AM
I don't have a hot tub. ;)
Have you got any better ideas other than me quit being such a tight wad and just go out and buy one? ;) :D
Besides, Jethroe gets a kick out hearing the BBC. :D :D
If you put your boat in a swimming pool and pretend you are on the water, you might be a redneck.
:D

Rev. Williams
08-09-2004, 08:53 AM
If you put your boat in a swimming pool and pretend you are on the water, you might be a redneck.
I don't care who you are...That right there is funny :D :D Git - R - Done !!

HalletDave
08-09-2004, 08:54 AM
LMAO :D
That would be me. ;)
Stop by the ole Hallett and we will throw back a couple of cold boat sodas in the "lagoon" this weekend. :cool:

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 08:57 AM
LMAO :D
That would be me. ;)
Stop by the ole Hallett and we will throw back a couple of cold boat sodas in the "lagoon" this weekend. :cool:
Sounds like a plan! :D

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 08:57 AM
I don't care who you are...That right there is funny :D :D Git - R - Done !!
I love the redneck comedy tour.

rrrr
08-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Nothing like a last minute thrash. Last night I was doing the boat with Fineese-it II polish and noticed the tires on one axle were wearing funny. Pulled the axle out this morning and whaddya know, it's bent.
I took it over to a buddy's body shop, he's gonna put it in the press and straighten it. I'll put it back on tonight.
Everything else is ready!! The Howard is looking mighty fine, we are rolling out of town tomorrow afternoon. We're going to stop in Albuquerque to see the folks, and should roll up to the Avi Friday morning....
rrrr<------------------ jumping up and down like a kid about to pee his pants
:D :D :D

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Nothing like a last minute thrash. Last night I was doing the boat with Fineese-it II polish and noticed the tires on one axle were wearing funny. Pulled the axle out this morning and whaddya know, it's bent.
I took it over to a buddy's body shop, he's gonna put it in the press and straighten it. I'll put it back on tonight.
Everything else is ready!! The Howard is looking mighty fine, we are rolling out of town tomorrow afternoon. We're going to stop in Albuquerque to see the folks, and should roll up to the Avi Friday morning....
rrrr<------------------ jumping up and down like a kid about to pee his pants
:D :D :D
I cant wait to see the FE machine. I think Me, You and BN are the only flatties?

rrrr
08-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Really? Gonna be funny when my bone stock 60's rod "owns" some jet boats....:D :D
Got the axle back a few minutes ago, the boys are out in back putting it on the trailer. Yes, I'm converting company assets to personal use....again! :eek: :D :D
rrrr<---------------- talking smack about the squirters :D :D

roostwear
08-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Really? Gonna be funny when my bone stock 60's rod "owns" some jet boats....
You might just see a lot of this......:D
http://www.roostwear.com/cbbb/splitroost.jpg

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Really? Gonna be funny when my bone stock 60's rod "owns" some jet boats....:D :D
Got the axle back a few minutes ago, the boys are out in back putting it on the trailer. Yes, I'm converting company assets to personal use....again! :eek: :D :D
rrrr<---------------- talking smack about the squirters :D :D
Dont get me in to anything, I am slow. This winter I will build my 600 horsies in order to hit speeds of 50mph. ;)

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 02:41 PM
open bow? :confused: sorry I dont have one. :idea:

roostwear
08-09-2004, 02:48 PM
open bow? :confused: sorry I dont have one. :idea:
That was for rrrr. Yup, it's just a family boat. Nothing to see here, move along. It doesn't do 70..... wouldn't want you to think something silly like that.

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 02:57 PM
That was for rrrr. Yup, it's just a family boat. Nothing to see here, move along. It doesn't do 70..... wouldn't want you to think something silly like that.
70 is faster than my 38mph. you should be proud.

rrrr
08-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Only if I go for a ride in your boat.... :D :D :p :p

WUTWZAT
08-09-2004, 08:18 PM
To quote a wise man, Well no officer I haven't been drinking, is there a fat chick in my back seat? Larry the cable guy......
Is it Thursday night yet? Damn....... [IMG] Should be Front to rear, Always in Hot Water, Ms. Behavin and Organ Donor on Lake Elsinore.

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 08:25 PM
To quote a wise man, Well no officer I haven't been drinking, is there a fat chick in my back seat? Larry the cable guy......
Is it Thursday night yet? Damn....... [IMG] Should be Front to rear, Always in Hot Water, Ms. Behavin and Organ Donor on Lake Elsinore.
I would give anything just to be back in that picture at that moment now, I am feining for some seat time.
So rrrr vs. roostwear?

roostwear
08-09-2004, 08:45 PM
I would give anything just to be back in that picture at that moment now, I am feining for some seat time.
So rrrr vs. roostwear?
I'll run anyone, but come on... an open bow family boat against a v-drive? The circus boat is meant for cruuuuuuisin'.................. :D

Beautiful Noise
08-09-2004, 08:50 PM
The circus boat is meant for cruuuuuuisin'.................. :D
Arent all Boats, especially the Slow Ones :)

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Arent all Boats, especially the Slow Ones :)
I cruise all the time...wait that is full throttle. nevermind.

Beautiful Noise
08-09-2004, 08:56 PM
I cruise all the time...wait that is full throttle. nevermind.
You just need to take that block of wood out from under your pedal :)

roostwear
08-09-2004, 09:12 PM
This is HARDLY a race boat. :idea: It's got ALL the go slow accessories... bimini, open bow, scoop, oops, never mind that. That's for the COOLER to rest under, yeh, the cooler!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/896riv1.jpg
This is the spot up river where there's room for a few boats.

Beautiful Noise
08-09-2004, 09:14 PM
What more would you want except maybe more room for more Beer :)Is that the spot up river about 1-2 Miles on the AZ side :)

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 09:20 PM
You just need to take that block of wood out from under your pedal :)
Shit, did you put that there?

dmontzsta
08-09-2004, 09:21 PM
This is HARDLY a race boat. :idea: It's got ALL the go slow accessories... bimini, open bow, scoop, oops, never mind that. That's for the COOLER to rest under, yeh, the cooler!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/896riv1.jpg
This is the spot up river where there's room for a few boats.
Looks like a great cruiser/sleeper. You are lying about it, I bet it does 100mph. I know your tricks.

roostwear
08-09-2004, 09:37 PM
It's about 4-5 miles up, but yes, that's it.

Beautiful Noise
08-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Shit, did you put that there?
Wasnt me I bet it was a Train Block for beginners,I hate when they dont tell you about them :D

Beautiful Noise
08-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Is this the place you guys hung out at for awhile last year? :)

78Southwind
08-09-2004, 10:21 PM
You guys got me all pumped up now and I can't sleep. I better crack open a beer.

Beautiful Noise
08-09-2004, 10:24 PM
You guys got me all pumped up now and I can't sleep. I better crack open a beer.
You guys must be getting ready to go somewhere :confused: ;) :D

dmontzsta
08-10-2004, 01:43 AM
Wasnt me I bet it was a Train Block for beginners,I hate when they dont tell you about them :D
Sneaky bastards, how many more mph do you think I could pull off without it?

blowngasflat
08-10-2004, 04:19 AM
Checked out closest beach from Avi, 9 tenths of a mile north on Az side.Better have a 4 wheeler to launch there(sand).We have a possible 2 hydros and 4 flatties going.Water level has'nt been up till bout 1:00 pm. 116 degrees yesterday,finally starting to warm up a little. :cool:

v-drive
08-10-2004, 04:35 AM
Whos with me?
Because our boats are older and heavier we will always be slower. Unless ofcourse we put a mountain of an engine in them. Just remember that you are driving a piece of history and no matter what, your boat is cool!
Don't have to much fun....... :D v-drive

roostwear
08-10-2004, 05:21 AM
Looks like a great cruiser/sleeper. You are lying about it, I bet it does 100mph. I know your tricks.
Only if I list it on Ebay!

dmontzsta
08-10-2004, 06:07 AM
Only if I list it on Ebay!
hahahahaha lol

76biesmeyer
08-10-2004, 06:54 AM
Well today is Tuesday!!!!! Then Wensday!!! Then Thursday!!! What is after thursday!!! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: This my sleeper!! and it runs just a little bit over 38 mph without the bottle :D :D :D See you guys at the CBBB

Rev. Williams
08-10-2004, 06:59 AM
Well today is Tuesday!!!!! Then Wednesday!!! Then Thursday!!! What is after thursday!!! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: This is my sleeper!! and it runs just a little bit over 38 mph without the bottle :D :D :D See you guys at the CBBB
If this is a sleeper, then what the hell does an awake boat look like :eek: :eek: :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4800

rrrr
08-10-2004, 07:08 AM
If this is a sleeper, then what the hell does an awake boat look like :eek: :eek: :D
LOL, I would never suspect that boat of being fast.... :D :jawdrop: :idea:
Gonna hook up my flattie in a couple more hours and hit the road. Git-r-done!! :D :D

dmontzsta
08-10-2004, 07:56 AM
Well today is Tuesday!!!!! Then Wensday!!! Then Thursday!!! What is after thursday!!! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: This my sleeper!! and it runs just a little bit over 38 mph without the bottle :D :D :D See you guys at the CBBB
I love the way hydros sit in the water.
Hey 76:
Me, You, rrrr and Beautiful Noise can all roll together since we are all in the high 30s range, maybe one of us will hit 40mph this weekend? :O

roostwear
08-10-2004, 08:05 AM
The guy with the slow family boat is always the outsider. Can't keep up with you faster boats, so I get left behind. I see how it is now..... :D
Hey 76:
Me, You, rrrr and Beautiful Noise can all roll together since we are all in the high 30s range, maybe one of us will hit 40mph this weekend? :O

dmontzsta
08-10-2004, 08:26 AM
The guy with the slow family boat is always the outsider. Can't keep up with you faster boats, so I get left behind. I see how it is now..... :D
You said you do 70mph right? You can lead us slower boats hows that? besides we need someone ahead to make sure we dont shank a prop. Maybe your canopy can provide shade for the slower boaters behind you, just dont roost us. :)

Sherpa
08-10-2004, 08:38 AM
Bob Pizza put one of his top alcohol hydro's in his swimming pool for a family
party one year..... the kids were playing all over it... he said he broke like one
peice of tile from the trailer.......... his house is in San Ramon... nice hood.
--Sherpa

dmontzsta
08-11-2004, 06:19 AM
bump to the top cause all CBBB threads should be there. :)

Wally_Gator
08-11-2004, 06:43 AM
Only 31 hours until I leave for AVI...
Been thinking about this all week.
Another polish and wax on the boat tonight as I load it and the truck.
After I get off of work tomorrow, pick up the family and we are off..
Git-r-done...

Sportin' Wood
08-11-2004, 06:52 AM
I'll chill with ya,. I think my best speed is about 23.25.
" Hurry up and drink that beer honey its making the boat slow!" :D

Wally_Gator
08-11-2004, 06:58 AM
I will be needing to take it slow with my little ones in the boat.
I will work on getting away for a couple of speed runs (when and where safe)
NEVER seen how fast this this will go. Second trip out.
Looking for smooth water.. Where is the best place to go for a run.

Rev. Williams
08-11-2004, 07:10 AM
Hey 76:
I may follow you guys..... Last year I had my jet for this event, but now I have a Stern drive and I'm worried about hurting it on a sandbar or worse. :eek:
Does anyone have a map for safe passage????

dmontzsta
08-11-2004, 08:24 AM
I may follow you guys..... Last year I had my jet for this event, but now I have a Stern drive and I'm worried about hurting it on a sandbar or worse. :eek:
Does anyone have a map for safe passage????
Stern drive, perfect. You can lead the way, if we see you get stuck we will stop. :D just playing, I have a feeling most prop boats will be sticking together.

Rev. Williams
08-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Stern drive, perfect. You can lead the way, if we see you get stuck we will stop. :D just playing, I have a feeling most prop boats will be sticking together.
Bastards!! I said I was following you!! You can't change the rules :D :D
I was told the AZ side was safer to be on.... Or was it the CA ??? :confused: DAMN!! I need to figure this out quick! :idea: I do know for a fact that north of the AVI is off limits until after 1pm!! I need more then 3 feet to float :eek:

JET-O-VATOR
08-11-2004, 01:05 PM
RUN ON THE AZ SIDE OF THE RIVER AND WATCH THE WATER ONCE YOU GET DOWN PAST THE LAST BEACH ON THE AZ SIDE ALL THE WAY TO WILLOW MARINA ITS PRETTY DEEP. BEWARE WHEN COMING DOWN RIVER FROM AVI IN THE MORNING LOOK OUT FOR THE SAND BAR IN FRONT OF THE SECOND TO LAST BEACH ON AZ SIDE YOU HAVE ABOUT TWO BOAT WIDTHS TO GO THROUGH THE CHANNEL RIGHT UP AGAINST THE BEACH AND ROCKS BEWARE YOU WONT JUST FLOAT OVER IT... ITS NASTY AND ROCKY...... AND SEADOOS TEND TO PLAY RIGHT IN THERE ITS FUN TO SIT ON THE BEACH AND BET WITCH NAT WILL HIT THE BAR AND WHEN THEY DO HOW FAR THEY WILL FLY OFF OF THE SEA-DOO... :devil:
JET GUYS-------> :argue: < -------V -DRIVES

roostwear
08-11-2004, 01:13 PM
I was told the AZ side was safer to be on.... Or was it the CA ??? :confused: DAMN!! I need to figure this out quick! :idea: I do know for a fact that north of the AVI is off limits until after 1pm!! I need more then 3 feet to float :eek:
You can go upriver around noon, but follow someone that knows that stretch. The flows will be 12,700 Friday-Sunday, so it will be up. Just don't follow a jetboat that likes to play in the shallows :D

Rev. Williams
08-11-2004, 01:19 PM
RUN ON THE AZ SIDE OF THE RIVER AND WATCH THE WATER ONCE YOU GET DOWN PAST THE LAST BEACH ON THE AZ SIDE ALL THE WAY TO WILLOW MARINA ITS PRETTY DEEP. BEWARE WHEN COMING DOWN RIVER FROM AVI IN THE MORNING LOOK OUT FOR THE SAND BAR IN FRONT OF THE SECOND TO LAST BEACH ON AZ SIDE YOU HAVE ABOUT TWO BOAT WIDTHS TO GO THROUGH THE CHANNEL RIGHT UP AGAINST THE BEACH AND ROCKS BEWARE YOU WONT JUST FLOAT OVER IT... ITS NASTY AND ROCKY...... AND SEADOOS TEND TO PLAY RIGHT IN THERE ITS FUN TO SIT ON THE BEACH AND BET WITCH NAT WILL HIT THE BAR AND WHEN THEY DO HOW FAR THEY WILL FLY OFF OF THE SEA-DOO... :devil:
JET GUYS-------> :argue: < -------V -DRIVES
Cool Deal !! Thanks...... I'm gonna take it slow and easy Friday afternoon and make a few mental notes, then hopefully all will go well Sat and Sun.
Are there any others with Stern Drives coming ???????

JET-O-VATOR
08-11-2004, 01:26 PM
Cool Deal !! Thanks...... I'm gonna take it slow and easy Friday afternoon and make a few mental notes, then hopefully all will go well Sat and Sun.
Are there any others with Stern Drives coming ???????
IVE BEEN BOATING THAT STRETCH MY WHOLE LIFE MY DAD PLANTED IT IN MY HEAD WHERE THE SAND BARS AND CHANNELS ARE SINCE AS LONG AS I COULD REMEBER SO ITS SECOND NATURE.. JUST WATCH THE WATER YOU CAN TELL WHATS RIGHT AND WHATS NOT JUST BY THAT....

Rev. Williams
08-11-2004, 01:32 PM
IVE BEEN BOATING THAT STRETCH MY WHOLE LIFE MY DAD PLANTED IT IN MY HEAD WHERE THE SAND BARS AND CHANNELS ARE SINCE AS LONG AS I COULD REMEBER SO ITS SECOND NATURE.. JUST WATCH THE WATER YOU CAN TELL WHATS RIGHT AND WHATS NOT JUST BY THAT....
I'll look for you Friday..... Maybe I can follow you for a bit?? Or we can just rip around in my ride for a minute. I'd really hate to hurt my drive.
Thanks for the help.

JET-O-VATOR
08-11-2004, 01:47 PM
I Wont Be Up Till Prolly 7 Friday Evening I Cant Get Out Of Work At All On Friday So No Leaving Chino Hills Till About 4 Or 430

Ntwotrance
08-11-2004, 03:30 PM
IT'S THE END OF THE DAY WEDNESDAY!!!!!! Only 1.5 more days to go!!!! Rave/Rant finished, please return to your normally scheduled entertainment.....

WUTWZAT
08-11-2004, 08:18 PM
76Biesmeyer, I know why your boats so slow. You got all that extra engine to haul around and its causing you drag. :cool: Maybe I oughta take half those cylinders off your hands.... :D
Just trying to help :devil:
Jason :devil:

dmontzsta
08-12-2004, 06:12 AM
3' sounds about right to me.

roostwear
08-12-2004, 08:00 AM
For those that are not familiar with this stretch of river, there are certain areas the lake lice prefer. MANY of them launch from Avi. They will be around the launch, but thinning out about a mile upriver. Not near as many downriver. BEWARE OF THEM AROUND THE BEACH AT AVI!
The next area upriver where they congregate is at the Arizona Memorial Park. There is a few miles between Avi and Memorial Park that have very light lice traffic. The Park is not as bad as Avi.
There's a state park up past the pipeline on the Nevada side called Big Bend where they like to launch and camp, too.The stretch north of there is Holiday Shores, and this area always has lice, and I avoid if at all possible.
See y'all tomorrow!