PDA

View Full Version : Crack

datdude
08-08-2004, 03:45 PM
No, not the stuff you smoke. I tried posting this in other rooms, but didn't get much of a response, so I thought I would try here. Back on Memorial Day I cracked the bottom of my 18 Sanger jet boat. I took it to a local body shop trying to get it "patched" to get me through the summer. First time I took it out again was this weekend, and the patch didn't hold. Who knows of someone who can fix this "correctly". I live in Bowling Green KY, and will deliver to a shop within a reasonable distance to have this problem fixed. CA or AZ at this point isn't reasonable. Also since I have never bought a new boat, does anyone know what kind of financing terms would be considerable normal (months). TIA.

ARS Marine inc. east
08-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Post some Pic's of your Problem.
Maybe I'll Be interested In fixin.
Body shops Do not know how to fix Fiberglass Boats. Theirs a special layup with the Glass we do that makes it very strong,As good as new or better.
:D

AZKC
08-08-2004, 04:35 PM
To fix em right ya gota get rid of all the bad glass/gel......... top and bottom I've been down that road.
3M makes some good stuff for patching till you can get it done right.

roostwear
08-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Your profile doesn't say where you are, but if you're SoCal or AZ, call Todd @TRG

Mohavekid
08-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Check out www.havasubarney.com.
There's a whole section on fiberglass repair.
Good luck.

Ken F
08-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Ervin Capps who lives almost dead Center of Arkansas right at the top of the state. (Eureka Springs, AR) He's the one who built my new Cheyenne-been building & repairing boats for 40 years. Not too far from KY
If you need more info on him, or would like to call him about it, PM me.
Ken F

TRG
08-08-2004, 08:57 PM
i left some info for the guy in KY in another room,...i will have a # in a day or so.
if you would like to call me tomorrow evening, i should have some info for you or if you are interested, i could give you some direction!
Todd
TRG custom fiberglass
626-991-9031
P.S. thanks mike (roost)

datdude
08-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Appreciate it guys, I will be giving you a call today Todd.

datdude
08-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Hey ARS guy, how do I get ahold of you as well??? Don't have a digital camera. It is actually 2 cracks about 6" apart that was patched. They are both probably a foot long. Do you do custom paint as well?

JetBoatRich
08-09-2004, 04:00 AM
Do you have any pictures :confused: easier to make suggestions
We just fixed the bottom of my boat last month, same problem :mad:

ARS Marine inc. east
08-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Hey ARS guy, how do I get ahold of you as well??? Don't have a digital camera. It is actually 2 cracks about 6" apart that was patched. They are both probably a foot long. Do you do custom paint as well?
DUDE You have PM
(708)449-0200

manuel
08-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Sunday Aug. 1st I was driving north on I-75 towards Lexington, KY and a blue & white cruiser jet was going south, was that you ?,
------------------------------
Brian Hollis is in the Atlanta area, closer than CA, F1offshore@aol.com 770-540-3772
They can do anything from small fiberglass repairs to transoms , spraying entire bottoms , etc.

datdude
08-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Nope, this is the heap here. Trying to buy other boats, it may go on the market really cheap soon. That is unless I can't get loans, then I will be fixing her.

CANADIAN ROGERS BONNIEVILLE TR
08-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Datdude
Give John Aikman a call in Athens Tn. (exit# 52 I-75), we works on my Rogers, and I live in Canada. The man will not do you wrong. I trust him with everthing.
Big "A" Performance
Athens, Tn.
1-423-745-8347
He also races Jets, and loves older boats. If you call him, tell him Jack sent you ! :cool:

08-10-2004, 07:20 PM
How much for the heap as she sits, is motor and pump any good ??
E- mail me
javacustoms@porchlight.ca :cool:

datdude
08-10-2004, 08:16 PM
its kind of a long story, here goes in the intrest of self disclosure... I had a msd 6al ignition box that burnt up Memorial Day weekend. Sent it off to get fixed...i didn't get it back. Did not know how to re-wire after I had cut all the wires to the box, thought I would just reconnect the wires when I got it back. Anyway, got it to run for about 10 minutes at the lake this weekend. Now it just idles, not rough though. Checked the plugs and 1,3,5,7 seem to be "wet". The intakes gasket is leaking oil out the back. The trailer has some dings in the paint starting to rust. The blue stripe is on top of the clear coat, not real nice. The same side the crack is on, the tank is busted lose in the front i think. I know it has a solid bowl Berk pump with an AB impellar. It has an Olds 455 with dual 450's, oil cooler, other than that don't know whats inside the motor. I did GPS it last year at 74 mph (Modesto Res.) IF i get a new boat, I would like $1300 for it.

LakesOnly
08-10-2004, 08:36 PM
...I cracked the bottom of my 18 Sanger jet boat. I took it to a local body shop trying to get it "patched" to get me through the summer. First time I took it out again was this weekend, and the patch didn't hold. Who knows of someone who can fix this "correctly". I live in Bowling Green, KY...
Datdude,
I will in Kentucky and even Bowling Green touring some major shops there at the end of this month. Also, I will be at the Kentucky Drag Boat races on August 28-29. http://www.kdba.net/
Go to the KDBA boat races. There will be plenty of veteran racers there that can hook you up with just the right person for your repair. Bring polaroids (or even a bigger pic is better).
LO

victorfb
08-11-2004, 07:43 AM
even with all youve mentioned id give you $1300 in a heart beat. id say hook up with Lakesonly and have him help you out. its a nice hull and worth spending some money on. if you decide not to take on the project, im sure youll have no problem finding a buyer here on hot boat. and i hope you give someone on the boards first crack (pardon the punn) at it.

JET-O-VATOR
08-11-2004, 09:22 AM
IS THAT A BRENDELLA IT LOOKS LIKE MINE :idea:

datdude
08-11-2004, 03:01 PM
No its a sanger. Bank told me to go away, somewhat politely when I asked for a loan to buy a new 19' Ultra. Guess that leaves we with fixing her. Just hate it that I have missed most of the summer, f'ing with it and I am basically right back where I started at the beginning of summer, with a broke boat, lighter in the pocket.

Some Kind Of Monster
08-11-2004, 03:14 PM
I would give $1300 right now for it as well.. I would even offer a bit more to sweeten the deal.

BrendellaJet
08-11-2004, 03:31 PM
carcks are not tought o fix. Time consuming though. If you are willing to get your hands dirty let me know and Ill give you some info that will help you do it yourself.

Some Kind Of Monster
08-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Yup,
Like they said, be ready to get rid of any and all damaged areas and completely rework that area. Shouldn't be too hard but will take some time. The boat looks real good, definately a keeper. Put a little work into it!

08-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Datdude
Call me at 1-519-425-7508 about boat. Can be in Bowling Green KY on Sept 3-04, or E-mail me at javacustoms@porchlight.ca, hope to hear from you soon.
Jack

08-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Manuel
What was the name of the shop in Tn. ?? Would like to know.

b's sanger
08-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Perhaps I missed this, exactly where are the cracks located?

datdude
08-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Its on the bottom right under the drivers seat.