PDA

View Full Version : DCB's #2 F-29 starts! "My boat hehehe"

Charley
01-23-2003, 09:53 PM
Ok here are some shots of gel going on in the mould damn I'm excited!
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Mvc-006f4.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Mvc-001f4.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Mvc-004f3.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Mvc-002f6.JPG
http://www.stage-tech.com/riverrats.mov
[ March 17, 2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

Hustler
01-23-2003, 09:58 PM
I like that blue, what other colors are you going to use?

mbrown2
01-23-2003, 09:59 PM
Daaassshhhh Niiiiccchhhh. (Dat's nice)...Lookin good Charlie..

mbrown2
01-23-2003, 10:00 PM
So is your boat going to be at the show?

Charley
01-23-2003, 10:02 PM
Hustler:
I like that blue, what other colors are you going to use? Just blue with fade and platinum pins with shadow..... my first boat had 5 colors, 2nd had 7 colors, 3rd had 5 shades of RED and then my last boat with 2 so.....I wanted to go with one color, it just felt right :D

Charley
01-23-2003, 10:02 PM
mbrown2:
So is your boat going to be at the show? yeppers

Hustler
01-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Very Nice Charley keep the pic's coming

Windy
01-23-2003, 10:03 PM
SWEEET mother of geezus Charley and its blue to http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy34.gif
MissHBjet~

andy01
01-23-2003, 11:20 PM
Like the flame lay out, boat is going to look great when it is done! I hope it is out next time I go down there so I can see it in person!

TOBTEK
01-24-2003, 12:50 AM
very COOL Sir Charles, im excited to see it. keep the pic's coming.
BTW: did they get your custom bracket done for the three 300x's? :D

Sandbar Mike
01-24-2003, 07:19 AM
Charley Congrats,
That 29's gonna rip. I am very interested in seeing the progress pics. Keep posting Bro.
What size engines are going in, INFO INFO
Again Congrats
Mike

Charley
01-24-2003, 08:16 AM
Sandbar Mike:
Charley Congrats,
That 29's gonna rip. I am very interested in seeing the progress pics. Keep posting Bro.
What size engines are going in, INFO INFO
Again Congrats
Mike Im going with a single 300X, I wanted to make sure I looked as much like Tob's boat as possible :D ...... Ok jk Im going twin BBC, well Dart Big M blocks 580 cubic inch, Dart aluminum heads, all good internals w/single 1000 CFM carb, Polished Imco exhaust "mainly for space"
here are some pics Craig took of the motors at Larry's Engine and marine
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/charlie31.JPG
The Dart Heads
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/charlie41.JPG

Steamin' Rice
01-24-2003, 08:41 AM
Nice Charley!! Can't wait to see the boat once it's out of the mold...

boatnam2
01-24-2003, 08:53 AM
i think i like the aerodynamics and the layout of you pontoon a little better.it will make a good backup boat to the pontoon!

Cole
01-24-2003, 09:25 AM
Looking great!!!!how cool is that watching your boat being built!! you just have to love the canopies,no buddy else has them...well except me on my 26 daytona :p keep us posted with those pics!!!!! :D Cole

mbrown2
01-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Charlie, what should the 580's put out in HP each, approximately?

Charley
01-24-2003, 10:05 AM
650-700 Hp each.....Larry wants a 6k rev limiter on them, and since he is giving me a 100 hr or 1 year warranty I probably would too wink
[ January 24, 2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]

mbrown2
01-24-2003, 10:08 AM
Thnx, the engines look sick..

Charley
01-24-2003, 10:22 AM
skinning the cat 1/24
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/skinning3f.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/skinning4f.JPG

boat030
01-24-2003, 10:49 AM
Excellent pic's can't wait to see it done.

TOBTEK
01-24-2003, 10:52 AM
you have already been to ElCajon taken pics, drove back home and posted before 10:30 in the morn......you are worse than ME! im sure all the guys at DCB are thinking, HERE WE GO AGAIN! :D :D

25Elmn8r
01-24-2003, 11:01 AM
charley, CONGRATS!!! That thinkg is going to look awesome. Can't wait to see it at the show.

Charley
01-24-2003, 11:17 AM
Thanks everyone...I'm way Anxious now that Iv'e seen one and mine has started! lol :D

Havasu Cig
01-24-2003, 11:44 AM
The boat looks great Charley....Can't wait to see it run. :cool:

unleashed
01-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Damn....Thats going to be one badass boat. Will be fun to see it run.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

Charley
01-24-2003, 01:05 PM
Thanks Chris and Deano...... hey deano do you have a Black Tahoe??/ I saw a pimp daddy tahoe running around by my house with a big "unleashed clothing" sticker on it......you? :D

RiverToysJas
01-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Hey Charley, you have a PM.

SVO 540
01-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Very cool Charley.
How do you sleep at night? How many speed runs and trips to the sand bar have you taken in your new boat while trying to fall asleep?
Your DCB brother - SVO 540 - OUT

unleashed
01-24-2003, 02:32 PM
I have a black suburban with a big Unleashed sticker so it could have been me. Maybe it looked like a tahoe. When is delivery on your cat???
I met Dave from DCB not to long ago. Hes a great person. Down to Earth and not at all cocky like some of the idiots in this biz.
Deano

waterndog
01-24-2003, 03:33 PM
Sounds like its going to be one BAD ASS ride! Congrats..

Charley
01-24-2003, 04:19 PM
unleashed:
I have a black suburban with a big Unleashed sticker so it could have been me. Maybe it looked like a tahoe. When is delivery on your cat???
I met Dave from DCB not to long ago. Hes a great person. Down to Earth and not at all cocky like some of the idiots in this biz.
Deano I see you live in Seal Beach..... you were on Seal Beach blvd over by rossmoor...we live in Cypress, small world ... we expect to take delivery in April...which for me means the first day in april.....for Dave.... the last day in april ...lol....as long as we get it !!! By the way... yer Force looks absolutely bad ass... I love the colors/scheme ..... what kinda power?speed?

RiverToysJas
01-24-2003, 06:09 PM
Charley:
unleashed:
Deano I see you live in Seal Beach..... you were on Seal Beach blvd over by rossmoor...we live in Cypress, small world ... we expect to take delivery in April...which for me means the first day in april.....for Dave.... the last day in april ...lol....as long as we get it !!! By the way... yer Force looks absolutely bad ass... I love the colors/scheme ..... what kinda power?speed? Looks like we have another neighbor Charley!!! Have to put another steak on the grill this summer!!! wink
RTJas :D

Charley
01-24-2003, 06:29 PM
HEY last time I was at your house I got Hamburgers!! lol

RiverToysJas
01-24-2003, 06:34 PM
Charley:
HEY last time I was at your house I got Hamburgers!! lol Yeah, and NO BUN FOR YOU!!!! :D What's hamburger, chopped ham? NO, it's chopped steak!!! wink
Besides, last time I was at your house.....oh nevermind!!! :rolleyes: :p :p
RTJas :D

Charley
01-24-2003, 06:36 PM
Check yer PM rtj

RiverToysJas
01-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Charley:
Check yer PM rtj Back at you!

locogringo
01-25-2003, 10:25 PM
Charley, the ensuing feeling of anticipation keeps growing within your blood huh? Is it at a boil yet?
Looking good!
Daniel

Donnie
01-26-2003, 10:16 AM
That is sweeeeeet :D can't wait to see it!!
Are you going to Tucson next week Charley?

Charley
01-26-2003, 10:18 AM
Thanks Loco.......even though I have that nasty Flu goin around I'm still boiling lol

Charley
01-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Donnie:
That is sweeeeeet :D can't wait to see it!!
Are you going to Tucson next week Charley? Probably/maybe...... assuming this flu doesn't eat me up Tyler and I will be there!
:D

TOBTEK
01-27-2003, 09:42 AM
OK, what the deal? Monday morning and NO pic's :rolleyes: WE want the lastest, dont make me drive down there and start taking pic's chuck. it should be out of the molds by now right? Whens the DCB/parker mini regata?

Charley
01-27-2003, 09:56 AM
TOBTEK:
OK, what the deal? Monday morning and NO pic's :rolleyes: WE want the lastest, dont make me drive down there and start taking pic's chuck. it should be out of the molds by now right? Whens the DCB/parker mini regata? They are gonna leave the boat in the mold for a minimum of 10 days ...... RTJ and HBjet were down there checking on Andy's boat and they saw it but I guess they wouldn't let them snap any pictures....not sure why..... First trip? right after the boat show before the cut the drive holes outta the transom... I can float down the river then I will need you to take me back up to the damn(that 2 strokers gonna be smokin!) ok.... I'm guessing early May for the river trip...Dave and Carlos are saying my boat will be done in April...soo...early may ok?

TOBTEK
01-27-2003, 10:04 AM
Charley:
TOBTEK:
OK, what the deal? Monday morning and NO pic's :rolleyes: WE want the lastest, dont make me drive down there and start taking pic's chuck. it should be out of the molds by now right? Whens the DCB/parker mini regata? They are gonna leave the boat in the mold for a minimum of 10 days ...... RTJ and HBjet were down there checking on Andy's boat and they saw it but I guess they wouldn't let them snap any pictures....not sure why..... First trip? right after the boat show before the cut the drive holes outta the transom... I can float down the river then I will need you to take me back up to the damn(that 2 strokers gonna be smokin!) ok.... I'm guessing early May for the river trip...Dave and Carlos are saying my boat will be done in April...soo...early may ok? so not to ask a lame question, but why do THEY leave some boats in the molds for 10 days and some about ten minutes (mine)? I think I already know the answer but why does a top notch builder do this?

Craig
01-27-2003, 10:47 AM
Resin & fiberglass heat up, expand, cool and shrink when it's all tossed in a mold, albeit a very slight amount. The surface will harden in a couple of hours, but the full cure takes quite a bit more. So the longer you can leave it in the mold, the better. The mold ensures the material retains it's desired shape. Just a small change in shape can effect a boats performance. Best bet is to install stringers and bulkheads while the hulls still in the mold. Then when it's popped, that stuff is now holding the shape.

Charley
01-27-2003, 12:54 PM
Craig...I have a question... you are one of the nicest most genuine people on these boards....how in the hell do you only have 3 stars? not that it matters but i'm curious what you did!

HavasuDreamin'
01-27-2003, 01:30 PM
Craig.........I shot you a 5*
smile_sp

XTRM22
01-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Charley:
Craig...I have a question... you are one of the nicest most genuine people on these boards....how in the hell do you only have 3 stars? not that it matters but i'm curious what you did! I'd guess me and Donnie drag him down, but so far I'm hanging on to my stars!
You have heard that Craig has 2 assholes right? He must everytime Me, Donnie and Craig go any where everybody says "Look, there comes Craig with the two AssHoles" eek! :D :p ROFLMAO Some times I just crack me up! :cool:
Chuck

XTRM22
01-27-2003, 02:51 PM
I shot Craig 5 too, not because he's nice, sincere, or knowledgable,(I know he is) but because he is THE Crew Chief for "Team Rust Bucket Offroad Racing" and the owner operator still needs help pulling the engine! :D LOL
Chuck

DogHouse
01-27-2003, 03:09 PM
5 to Craig because he throws good new year's parties. 5 to Charley because he's gonna need some moral support after Larry & Dave get done with his savings account. And most of all, 5 to Xtrm because he has such a cool lunch box (even though he won't post a pic of it)!

Hustler
01-27-2003, 03:21 PM
DogHouse:
5 to Craig because he throws good new year's parties. 5 to Charley because he's gonna need some moral support after Larry & Dave get done with his savings account. And most of all, 5 to Xtrm because he has such a cool lunch box (even though he won't post a pic of it)!
:D Is it a Mr Rogers lunch box? :D

DogHouse
01-27-2003, 03:36 PM
Hustler:
Is it a Mr Rogers lunch box? :D Dunno, so far all we know is that it supposedly has been autographed by Mr. DCB himself. Xtrm doesn't seem to wanna share pics... Come on Chuck, give it up!

Charley
01-27-2003, 03:39 PM
Craig,
I gave ya 5 a long time ago wink ....Chuck, I'm not sure If I like you yet, you own a V for gods sake :D ....DH shot ya 5

Charley
01-27-2003, 03:44 PM
I saw the lunch box in Chuck's boat at the sandbar one time....... the design on It matches his boat!! I tried to pick it up, but he snapped at me and threatened to never give me another beer ever again.....there is no lunch box worth that smile_sp

XTRM22
01-27-2003, 03:56 PM
DogHouse:
Hustler:
Is it a Mr Rogers lunch box? :D Dunno, so far all we know is that it supposedly has been autographed by Mr. DCB himself. Xtrm doesn't seem to wanna share pics... Come on Chuck, give it up!
:D Dude,post a picture? notice I have no avatar cause I can't even figure that out! I read the instructions on the wife's digital camera and went and bought a new polaroid! :D
I'll figure it out and post it in time.
Chuck wink

Craig
01-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Don't know what to say Charlie, I must have pissed someone of about something :D Thanks for da' stars guys :D Chuck, I'm thinkin' the weekend after the one coming up. I'll get the engine hoist back from Tony. We just spent Saturday pulling the motor out of his Bronco and today putting a new one back in, what a pain! All that fuel injection and emmisions crap. I'm not looking forward to doing that to mine when it gives up the game :( I can't bitch though, the old 302 has 257,000 miles on it, never even had the valve covers off of it. :)
I was going to get some of those trick Dana seat mounts for the boat while it's apart. Raise the seat up 2". They're almost $1000 eek! each I didn't realize you could mill gold that cleanly! Screw that, I've been making my own like the stock ones, out of plywood, resin and 'glass!
[ January 27, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

DogHouse
01-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Craig, they might show you the secret DCB handshake if you mill those seat bases out of platinum or something. Resin & glass, come on that's for common folk!
wink

Craig
01-27-2003, 05:48 PM
Call me "common folk" :D I'll spend 60 bucks on matetial and use the wood bases, spend the other 1900 bucks on the motor and a new stereo!

Charley
01-27-2003, 07:30 PM
I didn't spend no 2k on seat pedestals.... :D ...hey Craig chuck just emailed me that my first motor made 650Hp and 700lbs of torque on the dyno!! lil less HP than I though but more torque! eek!
[ January 27, 2003, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

RIVER WILD
01-27-2003, 07:37 PM
you are going to be happy with those colors it will pop with your choice of pinstrips :D

Craig
01-27-2003, 07:40 PM
Charley:
I didn't spend no 2k on seat pedestals.... :D ...hey Craig chuck just emailed me that my first motor made 650Hp and 700lbs of torque on the dyno!! lil less HP than I though but more torque! eek! You just THINK you didn't :D OK, the line forms to the left, we'll all get together for a pity party for Charlie and his NEW 29' DCB WITH 1300 horsepower AND a warranty, eh....maybe not. I'm sure Larry could ring another 50 out of her if he leaned it out some and bumped the advance, but with the warranty, he's going to set it up conservative. Congrats, can't wait to see that killer ride go blazing by me!!!
[ January 27, 2003, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

Charley
01-27-2003, 07:50 PM
Craig:
Charley:
I didn't spend no 2k on seat pedestals.... :D ...hey Craig chuck just emailed me that my first motor made 650Hp and 700lbs of torque on the dyno!! lil less HP than I though but more torque! eek! You just THINK you didn't :D OK, the line forms to the left, we'll all get together for a pity party for Charlie and his NEW 29' DCB WITH 1300 horsepower AND a warranty, eh....maybe not. I'm sure Larry could ring another 50 out of her if he leaned it out some and bumped the advance, but with the warranty, he's going to set it up conservative. Congrats, can't wait to see that killer ride go blazing by me!!! maybe the wives could race wink I got some video 2 weeks ago of jen driving JM2Driver's Mach26 at 100 wink .... and I know for a fact that Tonna's been there(since we were running next to her in my boat)hehehe...how about Donnie's "wife"? too.....this is the race we all wanna see...THE WIVES....all that bench racer talk and never a RACE...lets do it, wife Race, loser buys beer
[ January 27, 2003, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

Donnie
01-27-2003, 07:57 PM
I don't know about Donnie's wife :rolleyes: ...Hey Craig how about recruiting me someone to run that delaminator eek! wink

Charley
01-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Donnie:
I don't know about Donnie's wife :rolleyes: ...Hey Craig how about recruiting me someone to run that delaminator eek! wink HEY NO SUBS........ unless it's Patricia....hmmm Chuck?

unleashed
01-28-2003, 12:50 AM
Charley:
unleashed:
Deano I see you live in Seal Beach..... you were on Seal Beach blvd over by rossmoor...we live in Cypress, small world ... we expect to take delivery in April...which for me means the first day in april.....for Dave.... the last day in april ...lol....as long as we get it !!! By the way... yer Force looks absolutely bad ass... I love the colors/scheme ..... what kinda power?speed? Yeah, I live in Rossmoor. The wife always shops at Target on Seal Beach Blvd. So you probably saw us there. Goodluck on your delivery time. I know everytime someone gives a date as to when a boat will be done you have to add 4 weeks to delivery time. This way your not dissapointed as to when you get your boat.
Im running a teague 740 in my boat. I've had it to 94 which isnt to bad for a family boat.
Recently ***boat did a test on it and they pulled 89.9 on the radar. So Im in between there somewhere on speed.
I read in another post somewhere that you were going with a teague motor package as well. Is this true???
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

TOBTEK
01-28-2003, 08:05 AM
RIVERWILD........very nice AVATAR, if I do say so! eek!

XTRM22
01-28-2003, 08:10 AM
Charley:
Donnie:
I don't know about Donnie's wife :rolleyes: ...Hey Craig how about recruiting me someone to run that delaminator eek! wink HEY NO SUBS........ unless it's Patricia....hmmm Chuck? Yeah right! unless you guys will drop your rev-limiters down to 3000rpm I might as well take the orders for beer now! Now if you mean Patricia driving the Delaminator thats a little different story, I'll still end up buying the beer but I'm sure Patricia could be coaxed into the 90's in Donnie's Daytona. :D
Chuck

Screaming Pete
01-28-2003, 10:52 AM
TOBTEK:
RIVERWILD........very nice AVATAR, if I do say so! eek! Tobtek, River Wild That is bad ASS Love that girl :cool:

Craig
01-28-2003, 11:16 AM
I don't know Charlie, I was a bit nervous watching T and Nancy go blasting by you and I at 100 mph eek! That was a fun day though I'll have to admit! T's best speed before that weekend was 87 and change then hit 100.1 mph.

jungle cruise
01-28-2003, 05:52 PM
OH COME ON PAL.... You said she was faster than that... and she said that was HER BOAT............
Im not sure who to belive... just ask my wife... eek!

Craig
01-28-2003, 08:24 PM
jungle cruise:
OH COME ON PAL.... You said she was faster than that... and she said that was HER BOAT............
Im not sure who to belive... just ask my wife... eek! My boat! Hell, T don't even like going out in it unless it's over 80 freakin' degrees out! Let' see, how to put this diplomatically, OK, "Wife" my achin' ass, dude if you EVER show up here with someone that you claim is your WIFE, say the oft talked about "Jo", she's going to have to produce some serious ID credentials :D What's the deal on the boat? When do we go for a ride????
[ January 28, 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

Charley
01-28-2003, 09:48 PM
Ok.....nevermind the old bet, although Patricia might have been the sleeper in Donnies boat...I just had to do this, sorry but I got lucky with Jen...met her at the river, we still love the river, shes cute wink , good mommy and drives a boat 100MPH :D ...SCORED! :D
here she is putting it down
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/jendrivef.JPG
this is what she got
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/100.JPG
celebration
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/jendrive.JPG

syke-o
01-28-2003, 09:59 PM
those pics are great!!! :D

roln 20s
01-28-2003, 10:43 PM
but I got lucky with Jen...met her at the river, we still love the river, shes cute , good mommy and drives a boat 100MPH ...SCORED!
That's what I am looking for. When I find it, I will start (key word) to settle down. I'm only 21, so I got a while. Congrats on the awesome wife. My wife (whenever I get one) has to be able to drive at 100 MPH, its a pre-requisite to marriage :D
Roln 20s

jm2drvr
01-28-2003, 10:54 PM
niiiiiice pics charley

hulshot
01-29-2003, 12:51 AM
Charley the blues look very nice, I wish mine was just blue and white. so now there is 3 DCB's with blue flames on them. 22,26,29, that will make a sick photo all lined up. How is andys interior coming along. I thought he was supposed to get it after the nor cal boat show. Hopfully charley you will ahve your boat at the end of April so we can see it at the BBSP. I'm looking forward to meeting some peps from the boards, I'll be there with Boatmaster and TT form nor Cal.

XTRM22
01-29-2003, 06:38 AM
Those are great pictures! and I seem to recall one of your 12 year old son driving at or near 60mph, oh wait that was in a Vee wink !!! ok I know I'm lucky you didn't file charges of contributing to the deliquency of a minor, by letting your son drive a Vee! But he was pretty pleased about being able to blow past you in the pontoon :D !
Chuck

Charley
01-29-2003, 07:41 AM
XTRM22:
Those are great pictures! and I seem to recall one of your 12 year old son driving at or near 60mph, oh wait that was in a Vee wink !!! ok I know I'm lucky you didn't file charges of contributing to the deliquency of a minor, by letting your son drive a Vee! But he was pretty pleased about being able to blow past you in the pontoon :D !
Chuck ...ya one of the few times in history a mono hull passes a dual sponson boat.....just a little secret....That race between yer V w a 454 and my pontoon with a 70 HP outboard??? I was holding the throttle WAY back
:D wink :D

Charley
01-29-2003, 07:48 AM
hulshot:
Charley the blues look very nice, I wish mine was just blue and white. so now there is 3 DCB's with blue flames on them. 22,26,29, that will make a sick photo all lined up. How is andys interior coming along. I thought he was supposed to get it after the nor cal boat show. Hopfully charley you will ahve your boat at the end of April so we can see it at the BBSP. I'm looking forward to meeting some peps from the boards, I'll be there with Boatmaster and TT form nor Cal. actually jm2driver's boat(the boat my wife is driving in the pics) is a "tribal" variety just me and Tobtek are gonna have blue flames, but he stole my idea ALONG time ago wink ....I'm not sure about Andy's boat but the had a couple guys in it last week when I was down there....I'm sure its either done or real close by now.....BBSP??? oh man I dunno...all those 2 strokers pointing and giggling cry

XTRM22
01-29-2003, 11:08 AM
Charley:
XTRM22:
Chuck ...ya one of the few times in history a mono hull passes a dual sponson boat.....just a little secret....That race between yer V w a 454 and my pontoon with a 70 HP outboard??? I was holding the throttle WAY back
:D wink :D Aw now that was just uncalled for!! :o :D :D
Chuck

Charley
01-30-2003, 07:54 AM
Thanks to Chuck and his trip down to Larry's I have some pics of my motors....here are some shots of the complete deal...I'm hoping to post the Dyno results when I get them too....thanks again Chuck! :D
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/motor31.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Motor11.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/motor21.JPG

Screaming Pete
01-30-2003, 08:19 AM
Charley, those are some tall ass valve covers hideing all the pertty roller rockers. Your boat is looking sweet seen it being tapped and heard the upper deck is out of the mold :cool:

Charley
01-30-2003, 08:30 AM
hmmm

DogHouse
01-30-2003, 09:14 AM
Charley, the motors look sharp. I see Larry went conservative on the carburation, looks like 950HP Holleys? With the hydraulic rollers in those big motors, you should have a nice low maintenance and good running engine setup. As I recall a 28LP Daytona with single carb Teague motors went something like 118. Seems like you will run faster with your setup, more power and torque for sure with those 580s. Sounds great, a boat that runs 120+ and has good manners too!
-brian
[ January 30, 2003, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: DogHouse ]

TOBTEK
01-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Charley:
hulshot:
Charley the blues look very nice, I wish mine was just blue and white. so now there is 3 DCB's with blue flames on them. 22,26,29, that will make a sick photo all lined up. How is andys interior coming along. I thought he was supposed to get it after the nor cal boat show. Hopfully charley you will ahve your boat at the end of April so we can see it at the BBSP. I'm looking forward to meeting some peps from the boards, I'll be there with Boatmaster and TT form nor Cal. actually jm2driver's boat(the boat my wife is driving in the pics) is a "tribal" variety just me and Tobtek are gonna have blue flames, but he stole my idea ALONG time ago wink ....I'm not sure about Andy's boat but the had a couple guys in it last week when I was down there....I'm sure its either done or real close by now.....BBSP??? oh man I dunno...all those 2 strokers pointing and giggling cry "just me and Tobtek are gonna have blue flames, but he stole my idea ALONG time ago wink ".....by Charlie.
..........what a minute sparky! who copied who? :D

XTRM22
01-30-2003, 01:00 PM
Charley:
Thanks to Chuck and his trip down to Larry's I have some pics of my motors....here are some shots of the complete deal...I'm hoping to post the Dyno results when I get them too....thanks again Chuck! :D
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/motor31.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Motor11.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/motor21.JPG Like I said Bubba, the pleasure was all mine! I had to take Larry the deposit for my headers anyway, I tried putting on your bill but he thought you'd notice! wink :D
Chuck

Powerquestboy
01-30-2003, 01:27 PM
Can somebody explain to me how they are putting this boat together? I understand they make it in a mold but it looks to me like they are putting flames on the inside of the boat. It looks inside out to me. I have been boating for as long as I can remember but I have never known how the are built.

Craig
01-30-2003, 01:58 PM
Your just about know it already :D When they shoot a boat, the graphics/color go on backwards compared to a car. First they shoot on the outer layer, say blue flames, your gel-coat graphics. Then they shoot the base color over everything, typically a white, and then a backing color, a lot of times black. Then the fiberglass goes on and then core material and maybe more fiberglass. When it's popped out of the mold you see all the white on the outside, except where the blue was, since the blue was sprayed first! If you want to be impressed, look at some of the wilder gel-coat jobs and consider the guy has to tape all of that up backwards. Basically like your looking in a mirror! That's why the good gelcoaters are true artist!
[ January 30, 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

Powerquestboy
01-30-2003, 02:03 PM
Thanks Craig, Thats what I figured they did but I can barely draw stick figures so couldnt imagine how someone could make graphics look that sick....and do it backwards. Those guys are amazing!

Charley
02-03-2003, 08:22 AM
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/29-7.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/29-9.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/29-10.JPG

Craig
02-03-2003, 08:35 AM
Now THAT'S what I call C-clamps on the transom :D

mbrown2
02-03-2003, 09:18 AM
Boy, those gunnels look pretty deep and that is only the bottom half.

TOBTEK
02-03-2003, 09:32 AM
MAN, that thing is deep. Hey charlie are ya gettin excited yet? :D I cant wait to see it out of the mold.

BoatFloating
02-03-2003, 04:19 PM
Charley, that thing is looking sweet. They are going to have your bare hull at L.A. show??? I'll be at show on 2/22 would love to see it.

Froggystyle
02-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Sweet Charley... can't wat to see another bad creation from DCB!
You will have to take me out sometime this year. I will likely be boatless you know!

Charley
02-03-2003, 09:03 PM
No problem Froggy, I know starting that boat company is costing you all your "play" money...
Boatfloating..... Ya Dave is Planning on using my boat for the LA boat show.... he said the other day he might have the Drives mounted for the show.....that would be cool...the more thats done by the show the sooner it will get finished after the show hehe
Tob/Mbrown ya she is deep.....actually both the transom and the rear hatch width on the 29 is taller and wider than the 34... Dave designed it that way to give more flexibility on motor install,exhaust tips, and X dimensions....also the 29 will not need the gull wing style hatches, which I'd prefer anyways so..... :D
DCB is popping her out of the mold manana so.....Look for the pics by wednesday :D
[ February 03, 2003, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

BoatFloating
02-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Froggystyle:
Sweet Charley... can't wat to see another bad creation from DCB!
You will have to take me out sometime this year. I will likely be boatless you know! Froggy, why are you going boatless??????

Froggystyle
02-03-2003, 10:34 PM
BoatFloating:
Froggy, why are you going boatless?????? OTR is for sale currently. Funding a new project and company and all. Check your e-mail....
[ February 03, 2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Froggystyle ]

BoatFloating
02-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Froggystyle:
BoatFloating:
Froggy, why are you going boatless?????? OTR is for sale currently. Funding a new project and company and all. Check your e-mail.... Back at ya! You got mail! :rolleyes:

Steamin' Rice
02-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Nice Charley...Can't wait to spill a beer in in during the boat show.... :D

Charley
02-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Well....She's OUT!! I am anxious to see the wide angle pics in the sun and with rubrails but from what I can see I't's what I wanted.... Blue Fade looks nice and Deep and as you will see I went with a new platinum shading technique....Hope you guys Like it!
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/29-23.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/29-22.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/29-19.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/29-18.JPG

MOPAR2YA
02-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Nice, Charley.
I bet your ready for the heat :D

WetWillie
02-04-2003, 08:06 PM
Damn Charley,
It looks GREAT!!! You must be soooo pumped!
Congrates!!!!
WW :D

andy01
02-04-2003, 08:21 PM
The boat looks great! I am glad I got to see a pic of the bow because I am sure it will be hard for me to see that view of it once it hits the water! :D Can't wait to see it at the boat show. Is there still a red and grey 26 laying out back getting dirty? :D .
Andy

hot_diggity_dog
02-04-2003, 08:35 PM
Hey Big "C" or is it Mr. "C" now boxed
The white flames came out unreal. :D You were right on going with the wide pinstripping, rather than the typical 1/4" ,It realy stands out.
Just sick Charley. :mad: :mad: :mad: :D
HDD :cool:

mbrown2
02-04-2003, 08:39 PM
One word...sick
Charlie...I am starting to see the Silver lining of a Black cloud that passed long ago....great job on the boat...that thing is absolutely awesome.

mbrown2
02-04-2003, 08:40 PM
One other thing; the shadow effect on the flames looks tight.

bigq
02-04-2003, 09:08 PM
[ February 04, 2003, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: bigq ]

bigq
02-04-2003, 09:09 PM
bigq:
Looks outstanding Mr. Charlie. I'm not a big flame guy , but those look sweet how the front and back integrate like that. Very NICE!!! eek!

bigq
02-04-2003, 09:10 PM
crap, what an idiot I am. :D
[ February 04, 2003, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: bigq ]

EXTREME1
02-04-2003, 09:38 PM
:D CHARLEY,THE PLATINUM TRIP IS THE TICKET TO THE BLUE,(NOT A BLUE FAN)BUT LOVE THE THE FLAMES TRIMED OUT.(VERY TIGHT SET UP)CANT WAIT TO SEE IT AT THE BOAT SHOW,BE THERE 21-23RD wink

Hustler
02-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Very nice Charley, How many times have you looked at the pic's since you took them? :D

BoatFloating
02-04-2003, 10:38 PM
Charley, as they say on American Idol. "I have two words for you Fan-tastic" Very nice job on graphics............

roln 20s
02-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Its finally out! I'm so happy for you Charley. Since we have all been talking about this boat since the end of last summer, I feel like this is all part ours :D -- minus paying the high $$$$$$. Glad you are pleased, you should be! Its awesome.
One more thing: Definately Tobtek Sr. !!!
Roln 20s

Charley
02-04-2003, 10:48 PM
Hustler:
Very nice Charley, How many times have you looked at the pic's since you took them? :D According to my wife...WAY TO FOCKING MANY................. LMAO

Charley
02-04-2003, 10:50 PM
Ya where is Toby???? he must be Mad I didn't go with outboards :D

XTRM22
02-05-2003, 06:25 AM
I am Speechless!
Ok speechless is an exageration, I always have something to say :D . That hull with those motors is going to be one of if not the baddest ride on the river this season! Of course that's just my opinion, given freely while speechless wink !
I can't wait to see it in LA.
Chuck

Reaper1
02-05-2003, 07:52 AM
DUDE.........SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!! jawdrop

TOBTEK
02-05-2003, 07:54 AM
thats awesome Charley! just wait till its color sanded and buffed eek! now im wishing id done the plat shading. it was taped and I pulled it off :mad: blew that one I guess :rolleyes:

TOBTEK
02-05-2003, 07:59 AM
Charley:
Ya where is Toby???? he must be Mad I didn't go with outboards :D not made here, just excited for ya! was out late doing wedding plans with the misses last night.And looking at RV's all day Tuesday "that there TED is a RV!" :D

Charley
02-05-2003, 08:04 AM
TOBTEK:
Charley:
Ya where is Toby???? he must be Mad I didn't go with outboards :D not made here, just excited for ya! was out late doing wedding plans with the misses last night.And looking at RV's all day Tuesday "that there TED is a RV!" :D wedding plans??? I thought you were already married!...smart guy get the boat before you have another party that can vote it down hehehe

kab
02-05-2003, 08:10 AM
Toby it's your first DCB mistakes were bound to happen. When you order your third or forth you'll get everything just right along with the 120,000 dollar depsoit :D Charlie, nice boat by the way. I can't wait to crawl all over it at the boat show, of course I'll take my shoes off. :D

TOBTEK
02-05-2003, 08:17 AM
kab:
Toby it's your first DCB mistakes were bound to happen. When you order your third or forth you'll get everything just right along with the 120,000 dollar depsoit :D Charlie, nice boat by the way. I can't wait to crawl all over it at the boat show, of course I'll take my shoes off. :D speaking of the boat show, when is everyone going? and has everyone printed there 5.00 off coupon?

mbrown2
02-05-2003, 08:23 AM
TOBTEK:
kab:
speaking of the boat show, when is everyone going? and has everyone printed there 5.00 off coupon? Where is the coupon?

andy01
02-05-2003, 08:30 AM
Sir Chuck I had to stop in this morning and look at it one more time!!! It looks focking rade!
We should all try and meet up at the boat show!
Andy

Steamin' Rice
02-05-2003, 08:42 AM
Charley,
That looks badass....The platinum shading looks great..

Reaper1
02-05-2003, 08:43 AM
TOBTEK:
kab:
Toby it's your first DCB mistakes were bound to happen. When you order your third or forth you'll get everything just right along with the 120,000 dollar depsoit :D Charlie, nice boat by the way. I can't wait to crawl all over it at the boat show, of course I'll take my shoes off. :D speaking of the boat show, when is everyone going? and has everyone printed there 5.00 off coupon? A trick I learned. Before the boat show go to a boat manufacturer close to your house and pretend like your interested in there boat. Let the salesman give you all the info. and then ask him if they are going to be at the boat show. More than likely he'll say. "Oh yeah, we'll be there do you want some tickets." This has worked twice for me.

Charley
02-06-2003, 06:53 PM
OK.... Dave sent these today...I'm officially HAPPY/PUMPED :D :D :D :D
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/29-25.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/29-26.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/29-30.JPG

andy01
02-06-2003, 07:55 PM
Charley:
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/29-30.JPG Man it just gets better and better!! It looks great! That jeep in the back ground looks pretty damn small!!!!!!!
Andy

25Elmn8r
02-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Man that thing looks so f-ing sweet. You have got to be so pumped! Congrats again.

ZSARGO
02-06-2003, 09:04 PM
Charley:
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/29-30.JPG SEE TOBTEK. IF YOU WOULD HAVE PUSHED THE UNDERCOATING OR THAT EXTENDED WARRANTY. YOU COULD HAVE HAD YOUR BOAT, BUT ON ROIDS.

Charley
02-06-2003, 09:10 PM
Thanks guys I can't wait to get to the boat show and get in it ....lol

MOPAR2YA
02-06-2003, 09:34 PM
Charley, Absolutely sweet. wink

rustyk
02-06-2003, 09:38 PM
No rub strip Charley? Looks great either way just no protection.
Rustyk

RP
02-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Sweet Charley!

RP
02-06-2003, 09:44 PM
[ February 06, 2003, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: RP ]

TOBTEK
02-06-2003, 10:02 PM
OH MY GOD ITS HUGE eek! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND VERY SWEET! cant believe how small that ford ranger is behind it. Well someday when I grow up maybe I will trade mine in Les. Although Charlie's motors cost more than my entire package. wink :D

Charley
02-06-2003, 10:13 PM
Tob you really need to stop saying the word "Huge" and "Package" in the same post LOL.... jus teasin.... hey dude... yer boat is in like 3 different clips of the boat show video...hope you like it :D
[ February 06, 2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

unleashed
02-06-2003, 10:30 PM
All I can say is that looks completly bad ass! I'll be sure not to put any fingerprints on it at the show. wink
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) devil

HavasuDreamin'
02-07-2003, 06:09 AM
Holy sh*t ......... that looks f'n awesome. I really like the way you tied the blue from the front to the back across the bottom. I also like the "trails" off the end of the flames up front.
Charlie.....is it going to be sitting on an Extreme Trailer at the boat show or is it going to be on a stand? Are you putting a tri axle under it or a dually tandem axle?
Good Work! :cool:
[ February 07, 2003, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

Sandbar Mike
02-07-2003, 06:51 AM
Charley, Nice flames bro :rolleyes:
Thank God I'm not taped yet :D
Your ride is looking awsome, I can't wait to see it on the water.Keep the pics coming
-Mike

Cole
02-07-2003, 06:54 AM
i want one!! :D :D :D Cole

roln 20s
02-07-2003, 07:14 AM
Charley,
That's bad ass. Congrats on the boat so far, I'll tell ya again when its done and/or when I see you at Havasu. When are you going to the LA Show? I'll be there on saturday- can't wait to see your boat. Would love to meet you and everyone else.
Roln 20s

TOBTEK
02-07-2003, 08:42 AM
Charley:
Tob you really need to stop saying the word "Huge" and "Package" in the same post LOL.... jus teasin.... hey dude... yer boat is in like 3 different clips of the boat show video...hope you like it :D yooo Sir Charles: how does one get a copy of the video? BTW chad and carlos were freaking me out with the close together at speed shots, to close at 70-80 for me thanks. sooo are you getting excited :D

Charley
02-07-2003, 08:59 AM
HavasuDreamin':
Holy sh*t ......... that looks f'n awesome. I really like the way you tied the blue from the front to the back across the bottom. I also like the "trails" off the end of the flames up front.
Charlie.....is it going to be sitting on an Extreme Trailer at the boat show or is it going to be on a stand? Are you putting a tri axle under it or a dually tandem axle?
Good Work! :cool: I think it's gonna be on a dolly at the show, but should come in on the new triple axle extreme
wink

Charley
02-07-2003, 09:00 AM
TOBTEK:
Charley:
Tob you really need to stop saying the word "Huge" and "Package" in the same post LOL.... jus teasin.... hey dude... yer boat is in like 3 different clips of the boat show video...hope you like it :D yooo Sir Charles: how does one get a copy of the video? BTW chad and carlos were freaking me out with the close together at speed shots, to close at 70-80 for me thanks. sooo are you getting excited :D You know I'll make you a copy brother and anyone else who wants one

TOBTEK
02-07-2003, 09:40 AM
Charley:
TOBTEK:
Charley:
Tob you really need to stop saying the word "Huge" and "Package" in the same post LOL.... jus teasin.... hey dude... yer boat is in like 3 different clips of the boat show video...hope you like it :D yooo Sir Charles: how does one get a copy of the video? BTW chad and carlos were freaking me out with the close together at speed shots, to close at 70-80 for me thanks. sooo are you getting excited :D You know I'll make you a copy brother and anyone else who wants one
:D YOU "D" man!......seeing that you copied me and now they dont want my old P.O.S MACH22 for the L.A show because we look like the bobsey twins..hehehehe :D :D

carreraboat
02-07-2003, 04:21 PM
Congrats charley very nice ride

Riverhound
02-07-2003, 04:40 PM
Charlie, What a fantastic looking boat. Congrates to you and your family.
Do me a favor though don't swamp me in my little 22 Cole when you go bye. :D
[ February 07, 2003, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Riverhound ]

roln 20s
02-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Charley-
YOUR ENGINES DONE and ON THERE WAY? I saw a couple chrome big blocks going down I-17 in Phoenix in the back of a dually. Thinking they may have been yours, on the way to DCB.
Roln 20s

TOBTEK
02-07-2003, 08:59 PM
CHARLIE....was down checking your new toy out this evening(friday) on the way down to froggies pad. They were painting/gelling? the motor compartment. I about died going into the booth with all the fumes. But my God your boat is bad to the bone. Dave was saying IMCO was finishing the bracket for the triple 300X's :D
BTW......I pulled up at froggies, and the first thing he says is "man did you copy Charlie or what!" :rolleyes: yeaaaaaaaaa riggght :D wink

CMABadseed
02-07-2003, 09:02 PM
lookin good charley that things is gonna be one hell of a ride! cant wait for the show....it gets better and better every year....and now, the man's ride is there. CONGRATS. see you all at the show!

locogringo
02-08-2003, 12:01 AM
I'm a little pissed at Charlie right now!
I read this post from page one. I come to the first pics, nothing more than the mold, and I begin to experience a little twitch somewhere in the Southern hemisphere.
I keep reading all the repiles and Kudos from people and keep strolling along.
I come to the second group of pictures which is right when it got pulled out of the mold (I think) and that twitch in the Southern Hemisphere is beginning to become a pulling sensation.
I try to ignore the sensation and keep objective about all of this that is permeating my mind and then scroll to the pics of the "lady" in a parking lot in all her splendor. She's waiting to have palms ran alongside her side beconing for her to show us what she's really got in store for us and then, all of a sudden, the little twitch that turned into an ever growing sensation of something I couldn't ignore anymore becomes overbearing.
DAMN! I gotta go wake up my wife before I have something explode!
Be right back!
Very nice by the way!

Craig
02-08-2003, 06:16 AM
Boat's lookimg good Charlie! Can't wait to see it on the water, wish I could make the LA show this year but it falls on two weekends I have plan for already :( BTW, what drives are you going with?
Craig

Hallett
02-08-2003, 08:22 AM
LOOKS NICE I WISH IT WAS MINE .KEEP US POSTED WITH LOTS OF PIC'S. WHAT KIND OF DRIVES ARE YOU GOING WITH.

XFactor
02-09-2003, 09:53 AM
I was ata DCB on Friday. Your boat is still in cut and buff. Looks good! Dave said you powering the boat with twin IO's. I would have gone with 300X'x. My boats in rigging. It's a F26 with twin 300X's. Delivery is 2/22. See you at Havasu. You'll no my boat when you see/hear it. They nicknamed it the "Flammin Getto Blaster". Orange flames and over 4000 watts of stereo.

roln 20s
02-09-2003, 11:08 AM
XFactor
Sounds like you are getting a bad ass boat too. Post some pics. We all want to see.
Enjoy it!
Roln 20s

Craig
02-09-2003, 11:49 AM
XFactor:
I would have gone with 300X'x. 300X's would be nice, but two of those will never push that 29 to the same speed as the 650 horse, 700 ft/lbs torque motors Charlies putting in there!

XFactor
02-09-2003, 01:39 PM
How fast do you expect the 29F to go?

XFactor
02-09-2003, 01:44 PM
I'm new to this forum. How do I post pictures?

TOBTEK
02-09-2003, 09:09 PM
Craig:
XFactor:
I would have gone with 300X'x. 300X's would be nice, but two of those will never push that 29 to the same speed as the 650 horse, 700 ft/lbs torque motors Charlies putting in there! three would :D

TOBTEK
02-09-2003, 09:16 PM
XFactor:
I'm new to this forum. How do I post pictures? if you cant get it, email them to me I'll get them up here! easiest way for me to post a pic is down load it into the readers ride area here in the media center, then right click the pic and open the properties. highlight and copy the entire URL address. now on your post in the thread just below this box you type in, open the IMAGE box and paste that URL address. It is pretty EZ.....toby
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Outboards/Picture_0401.JPG
its that EZ!
[ February 09, 2003, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: TOBTEK ]

XTRM22
02-10-2003, 06:17 AM
roln 20s:
Charley-
YOUR ENGINES DONE and ON THERE WAY? I saw a couple chrome big blocks going down I-17 in Phoenix in the back of a dually. Thinking they may have been yours, on the way to DCB.
Roln 20s Don't even joke like that! wink Charley's engines being spotted in the back of a truck? LOL
Don't worry Charley, your engines were safe and sound in Larry's shop late Fri afternoon when I went to pick up my headers. In about 3 weeks, you should be able to see Charley's engines going down the road in the back of a red crew cab F350.
Chuck

Craig
02-10-2003, 07:10 AM
Chuck, sounds like a road trip?????
Tobtek, I don't know, friend of mine has been looking at 32' Skaters with triple 300's and the norm seems to be about 115-120 mph on those. I doubt the DCB would run much faster then a Skater. IMHO
Craig

TOBTEK
02-10-2003, 08:10 AM
Craig:
Chuck, sounds like a road trip?????
Tobtek, I don't know, friend of mine has been looking at 32' Skaters with triple 300's and the norm seems to be about 115-120 mph on those. I doubt the DCB would run much faster then a Skater. IMHO
Craig CRAIG...im far from an expert when it comes to performance boats, but I love ribbing Charlie about the whole outboard "THING".....BUT you dont think a new F29 would be faster with three 300X's-V-two 650hp inboards? I dont know either but guessing 990 outboard twostroke horsepower would give it a serious run. Dont think three 20K motors plus rigging, plus weight(not sure what the two car motors weigh?) would be the hot set-up, but sure would look great. although like Charlies needs help in the looks department......yeah rigggght. :D
BTW: Charlie have you recieved the invoice from TOBTEK CUSTOM DESIGNS yet for the color and design work yet? wink
[ February 10, 2003, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: TOBTEK ]

XFactor
02-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Dave in against rigging triple outboards. He says the weight and drag are not overcome enough by the hp. He thinks the F29 will do 100mph with twin 300X's. That's alot of speed for a big boat. He also believes proped for top end (maybe 34x15 3 blade choppers) it might do 105mph. On their Elsinore trip with the last F26 rigged with 3 bladed choppers, they got 109mph with 2 guys and light on fuel. Only 5 hours on motors and sticky water. I'd say 25hrs on the motors, 1 guy, light on fuel and Havasu water the 26 may produce 112-113. Of course my boat will be lucky to crest the 105mph mark with the additional weight in the bow, stereo and my fat ass. 100, 105, 110, 115 ----who cares!! It's all very fast!

TOBTEK
02-10-2003, 02:22 PM
XFactor:
Dave in against rigging triple outboards. He says the weight and drag are not overcome enough by the hp. He thinks the F29 will do 100mph with twin 300X's. That's alot of speed for a big boat. He also believes proped for top end (maybe 34x15 3 blade choppers) it might do 105mph. On their Elsinore trip with the last F26 rigged with 3 bladed choppers, they got 109mph with 2 guys and light on fuel. Only 5 hours on motors and sticky water. I'd say 25hrs on the motors, 1 guy, light on fuel and Havasu water the 26 may produce 112-113. Of course my boat will be lucky to crest the 105mph mark with the additional weight in the bow, stereo and my fat ass. 100, 105, 110, 115 ----who cares!! It's all very fast! hehehehehe.....I was in that F26 doing 109-110 MPH. absolutly unreal! very stable, very fast. You are correct 100-105-116 who cares, over 90 is to fast for me. seeing that all mine will do wink

Craig
02-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Yup, over a 100, it's all a rush! The outboards might have some long term reliability advantages. But Charlie did get a one year warranty with his motors. That's why they "only" made 650 horsepower :rolleyes: Interesting what Dave said about triples. Think of the drag that 35' Motion cat had with 4 outboards!!

Skaterfast
02-10-2003, 02:48 PM
If a 26 DCB with twin 300's will do 105+.I would think it would take around 800 inboard hp to do the same.Give or take.So 900 hp worth of outboards vs twin 650 inboard?I'd put my $ on the outboards.And as far as the Skater going faster.Of course the Skater is going to go faster.Even being 3 ft longer I would bet the Skater weighs 500lbs less than the 29.Especialy after all those wire ties.HA ha.

XFactor
02-10-2003, 02:52 PM
Craig:
Yup, over a 100, it's all a rush! The outboards might have some long term reliability advantages. But Charlie did get a one year warranty with his motors. That's why they "only" made 650 horsepower :rolleyes: Interesting what Dave said about triples. Think of the drag that 35' Motion cat had with 4 outboards!! 300X's also come with a 1 year warranty. $2500 buys a second year. That's just another 5 grand to cover both engines.

DogHouse
02-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Skaterfast, by your math:
900 * 800 / 600 = 1200
650 * 2 = 1300.
Still feel the same way?

TOBTEK
02-10-2003, 03:26 PM
Skaterfast:
If a 26 DCB with twin 300's will do 105+.I would think it would take around 800 inboard hp to do the same.Give or take.So 900 hp worth of outboards vs twin 650 inboard?I'd put my $ on the outboards.And as far as the Skater going faster.Of course the Skater is going to go faster.Even being 3 ft longer I would bet the Skater weighs 500lbs less than the 29.Especialy after all those wire ties.HA ha. skater.....charlies new F29 will have two of those 650hp's in there. just FYI

WetWillie
02-10-2003, 10:37 PM
^^^^^BUMP^^^^
Whats the scoop pooop?? Were we at with this monster?
WW wink

XTRM22
02-11-2003, 06:06 AM
DogHouse:
Skaterfast, by your math:
900 * 800 / 600 = 1200
650 * 2 = 1300.
Still feel the same way?
:D Everybody step back, Brian is checkin the math! :D Damn high-tech guys! next thing you know he'll be solving simultaneous equasions for weight to Hp calibrated against the coefficent of friction for the 29's surface area vs the reduced wind resistance of not having outboards sticking up reduced by the area of the scoops that aren't built yet! This is giving me a headache!!! LOL
Chuck :D :p :D

DogHouse
02-11-2003, 07:36 AM
Well ya know since ya brought it up, I was thinking that this boat really won't need scoops since the sides are so tall and there won't be any blowers sticking up. These little sculpted areas on the sides of the gunwales would be perfect to cut out and use for flush air inlets. Have them make a nice inlet plate to dress it up. It'd be a good way to get some high pressure air into the engine compartment without the drag of big scoops sticking up and getting in the way.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/29-23.JPG
Just a thought...
-brian

Charley
02-11-2003, 08:15 AM
Loco..... Thanks dude, I'm glad you like it! LMAO :D
Craig, I'm sorry you won't make the boat show.....I was looking forward to having you analyze my dyno! I'm going with Imco Xtreme Drives on extension boxes, full hydraulic to the helm
X factor, I saw your boat upside down while they were taping my boat.....very cool flames that 26 should fly with the 300x's ..... I almost wen't the outboard route when Dave and I first had a deal on the table but went with I/o's instead. Good luck with your 26!
Chuck thanks again my man!! for those of you who don't know....Chuck being the fine buddy he is is offering to Drag my big ugly motors from Larry's shop in Tucson all the way to DCB in San Diego..... NO Charge!!! this is really helping me and Jen alot and we both appreciate it very much Chuck! :D :D
TOBTEK CUSTOM DESIGNS HUH???? lol new business on the horizon maybe! hmmm... Tob I think I agree with Craig I still think the 2 I/O's will be a better set up than 3 O/B.... it's close but The I/O's will have more Torque, and 3 OB will have more Drag, not to mention a few people that I have talked to say that center motor takes 75% of the punishment, so....I'm glad I'm going with what I got...I just pray for the reliability of an OB wink
skaterfast, just for the record I cant agreewith ya.... again wink ....(all in good fun) there was a mach 26 with triple 280 offshores on it that ran I think about 115.... so 840 2 stroke HP ran 115 and my 800 HP at the prop single I/O mach 26 ran 109, and thats without ever trying a bigger wheel........ by the way what does a 32' skater bare hull weigh??? Id be curious....because the 1rst F-29(white boat) got weighed with no interior etc and came in at 2850 lbs.... Dave was very happy with that, but I don't have anything to compare that too.....anyone.....bare hull no rigging, no interior, and trust me this is a BIG boat up close.
Doghouse, I'm happy to say those cool polished aluminum inlets already come on the boat.... I'm pretty sure they will be "in place" at the show....as far as the motors, we are pretty sure these motors will be fitting under the hatch and scoops will not be needed... the cool thing about the 29 is that it actually has more "rigging room" in the hatch than the 34.... the 29 also has a 9' beam that tapers back to 8'6" at the transom just in case you get any highway patrol that carry a measuring tape with them and wanna "pop" ya for wide load :mad:
[ February 11, 2003, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]

TOBTEK
02-11-2003, 08:22 AM
yooooo charlie, where are the new updated pic's :rolleyes: ????????

DogHouse
02-11-2003, 08:44 AM
Charley:
...the 29 also has a 9' beam that tapers back to 8'6" at the transom just in case you get any highway patrol that carry a measuring tape with them and wanna "pop" ya for wide load :mad: Tricky!!! (shhhhhhhhh... don't let that get out)

hot_diggity_dog
02-11-2003, 08:48 AM
It's alway's interesting to hear people talk about boats and what they can do.
28 RACE PLEASURE-BASIC BOAT INCLUDES
LENGTH: 28'
BEAM: 8'4"
HEIGHT TO TOP OF FAIRING: 56"
WEIGHT: 2,100 LBS
MAX LOAD CAPACITY: 3,500 LBS
CONSTRUCTION: 100 % VACUUM-BAGGED HAND LAY-UP
ENGINE CONFIGURATION: V-6 OUTBOARDS
This world and national championship-winning boat is the finest handling twin outboard-powered performance catamaran on the water. Whether you love to soar off wavetops or scream down a glassy river, the Skater 28 can do it all. Features include high-backed race bolsters with seating for five, a molded-in windscreen and console between the front seats. For strength and durability, the Skater 28 is built with vacuum-bagged epoxy resins, S-glass and balsa coring throughout. Six full cross bulkheads and five longitudinals provide structural support and the hull and deck are bonded around the entire perimeter. Owners have a choice of fuel-tank capacities and the boat comes with 2" stainless flush fuel fills, pickups, senders and vents, plus a full array of hardware. The boat comes standard with a rear fiberglass hatch that raises for ample stowage and easy maintenance.
2 x 2.5 Mercury efi offshore 112-116 mph
2 x Mercury 300 118-120 mph
Outboard Engine Configurations Estimated Speeds*
32 RACE PLEASURE–BASIC BOAT INCLUDES
LENGTH: 32'
BEAM: 9'4"
HEIGHT TO TOP OF FAIRING: 56"
WEIGHT - OUTBOARD PLEASURE/RACE: 2,900 LBS
WEIGHT - INBOARD PLEASURE/RACE: 3,100 LBS
FUEL CAPACITY: 230 GALLONS
SPONSON DEADRISE: 20 DEGREES
CONSTRUCTION: 100% VACUUM-BAGGED HAND LAY-UP
V-8 INBOARDS W/DRY SUMP SIX
OR STAND-OFF BOXES W/BRAVO DRIVES
No other manufacturer offers a boat that tops 100 mph on a pair of box-stock inboards or triple outboards. Or if you really want to crank it up, the Skater 32 Race Pleasure has the versatility to handle up to twin Mercury Racing HP900SC motors with a pair of Dry Sump Six drives that produce speeds exceeding 160 mph. The 32 Race Pleasure is built like our big boats with a laminate of vacuum-bagged epoxy resin, S-glass and balsa coring. For exceptional strength, the transom is supported with four knees and there are six structural bulkheads and five intermediate frames. Twin 115-gallon fuel tanks mean fewer trips to the fuel dock. Take four friends for a ride in comfort as each relaxes in his or her own high-backed bucket seat and everyone is protected behind the integrated windscreen.
Engine Configurations Estimated Speeds*
2 X2.5 Mercury efi Outboards 95-97 mph
2 X Mercury 300 Outboards 100-103 mph
3 X 2.5 Mercury EFI Outboards 110-113 mph
3 X Mercury 300 Outboards 116-120 mph
2 X Mercury HP500EFI Bravo One stern drives 102-106 mph
2 X Mercury HP575SCi Bravo One stern drives 118-120 mph
2 X Mercury HP500EFI Dry Sump Six stern drives 115-118 mph
2 X Mercury HP800SCi Dry Sump Six stern drives 120-123 mph
2 X Sterling HP825 Dry Sump Six stern drives 145-150 mph
2 X Mercury HP1050SC Dry Sump Six stern drives 165+ mph
2 X Sterling HP1150 Dry Sump Six stern drives 170+ mph
32 Classic Outboard Pleasure – Basic Boat Includes
LENGTH: 32'
BEAM: 8'6"
HEIGHT TO TOP OF FAIRING: 60"
WEIGHT - OUTBOARD PLEASURE/RACE: 2,750 LBS
FUEL CAPACITY: 240 GALLONS
SPONSON DEADRISE: 18 DEGREES
CONSTRUCTION: 100% VACUUM-BAGGED HAND LAY-UP
The Skater 32 Classic Outboard is the ultimate high-performance catamaran for fans of outboard performance. No triple-outboard-powered boat can match the 32 Classic Outboard’s winning heritage in offshore racing. Five people ride in style in high-backed bucket seats and the helm feels like a raceboat with center-mounted controls. The built-in windscreen enhances passenger comfort as you fly across the water at speeds over 100 mph on stock outboard motors. Built with only the finest materials, the 32 Classic Outboard features vacuum-bagged epoxy resins, S-glass and balsa coring throughout. Six structural and five intermediate bulkheads give the boat a strong backbone and the hull and deck are bonded around the entire perimeter with fiberglass. The twin 120-gallon fuel tanks give the boat outstanding range and come with 2”-diameter fills for convenient re-fueling.
Outboard Engine Configurations Estimated Speeds*
2 x 2.5 Mercury efi offshore 95-97 mph
2 x Mercury 300 104-107 mph
3 x 2.5 Mercury efi offshore 112-115 mph
3 x Mercury 300 118-122 mph

Reaper1
02-11-2003, 08:49 AM
Got my boat show program in the mail last night. Under Dave's Custom Boats it says "Don't miss the new 29 Mach, the latest in the arsenal of high performance air-entrapment hulls from Dave's Custom Marine." :)

Charley
02-11-2003, 09:51 PM
RiverDave:
Charley, the boat is really coming together nicely! :)
Let me know the next time your going down there. Now that I live in San Diego I'll drive over and say hello. :)
RD Thanks RD..... I will want to get down to DCB sometime right after the boat show to discuss interior with Carlos and some rigging details with Dave.... are you available on any weekdays?

TOBTEK
02-13-2003, 08:19 AM
So, who is going to be first to post pictures of the new F29 from the show? Id say by 3:00 on the 15th wink
Charlie its OK if I put TOBTEK CUSTOM DESIGNS STICKERs all over it right...hehehehe

Charley
02-13-2003, 06:26 PM
TOBTEK:
So, who is going to be first to post pictures of the new F29 from the show? Id say by 3:00 on the 15th wink
Charlie its OK if I put TOBTEK CUSTOM DESIGNS STICKERs all over it right...hehehehe WELL I DID STEAL IT FROM YA wink hehehehe

Donnie
02-13-2003, 08:13 PM
Well hell I need a new boat now....that thing is bad ass Charley :D
Chuck when are WE taking Charley's motors to DCB....I might need to order a new boat jawdrop

Charley
02-13-2003, 09:41 PM
YA Donnie...... That's what you need a New DCB wink

Charley
03-04-2003, 06:50 PM
Just a little update..... wen't down to DCB today and finalized rigging details... snapped a few shots
one of the Peto motors
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/38motors3-med.jpg
another shot
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/38motors2-med.jpg
Chad from DCB
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/38chad-med.jpg
Darren @ DCB
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/38drig-med.jpg
:D :D

hot_diggity_dog
03-05-2003, 07:15 AM
Charley,
Getting closer :D eek! eek!
Why did they cut out one hole higher than the other? :confused:
J/K:rolleyes:

andy01
03-05-2003, 07:45 AM
Charley:
Just a little update..... wen't down to DCB today and finalized rigging details... snapped a few shots
one of the Peto motors
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/38motors2-med.jpg
How much did they charge you for that custom DCB water cup in the pic?
That motors turned out bad ass! They look so nice in person! That is going to be one hell of a boat when it's done! What's with one seat being built higher then the other? :D
Andy

hot_diggity_dog
03-05-2003, 08:34 AM
What's with one seat being built higher then the other? You didn't hear? :confused: Charley upgraded from the DCB telephone book booster seat. :D LOL

Charley
03-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Hope I'm not boring/buggin you guys with the updates but here are 2 I got today :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0dash_with_gauges-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0outside_transom_ext__boxes-med.JPG
[ March 10, 2003, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

andy01
03-10-2003, 10:19 PM
HOLY SHIT! That looks bad, love the dash.
Andy

bigq
03-10-2003, 10:25 PM
buggin us! :D were all creaming our shorts over that DCB, maybe that's a little too discriptive. eek!
Just curious why the IMCO standoff instead of the Merc ITS? Is the ITS not a good choice?
[ March 10, 2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: bigq ]

Charley
03-11-2003, 07:39 AM
Good question......I told Dave if I had my choice I wanted Imco X treme drives over XR's...he actually gave me my choice .... based on others experience with the imco's I figured I would be pretty safe putting 650HP through em...It was actually pretty cool Fred Inman himself came over to Daves booth at the LA boat show and was checking out the 29 and making a few suggestions ..

dcb 26 machman
03-11-2003, 07:39 PM
Looks amazing! I can't wait to see it run!!!!Congrats!

TOBTEK
03-11-2003, 10:00 PM
looking awesome Charley! and NO, your not buggin. we all want to see your baby getting built. When is the expected completion date? Cant wait to crack open a silver in it this summer. Have you make any audio choices yet?.....tobtek

Charley
03-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Thanks Tob...... I went with Daves Phase 1...... it's plenty for me..... between you and Andy I won't be able to hear it anyway!
I'm thinking Doobie Brothers greatest hits for the maiden cruise...... DAMN I DO SOUND 40!
:D wink :D

TOBTEK
03-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Charley:
Thanks Tob...... I went with Daves Phase 1...... it's plenty for me..... between you and Andy I won't be able to hear it anyway!
I'm thinking Doobie Brothers greatest hits for the maiden cruise...... DAMN I DO SOUND 40!
:D wink :D how about X-factors new F26 with 4000 zapco watts eek! it has to be incredible....yes d-brothers do make you sound 45 yrs old :D
take me to the river...by talking heads is a must for me :D

bigq
03-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Charley:
:D wink :D Who's the Doobie Brothers? A band from the 60's? :D wink

Charley
03-11-2003, 10:21 PM
omg I've become my father smile_sp
take me to the river sounds good.....
gotta say some U2 will be in order too :D

Charley
03-12-2003, 07:17 PM
Well I got home tonight and checked email.... I was expecting to see some feedback from a fellow board member about my dyno but instead I got this Chad at DCB :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0imco_drives-med.JPG
This was not part of my deal with Dave, but he orders my drives with POLISHED LOWERS.... how sweet is that?? I'm guessing it's Dave's way of saying thank you for helping him get "best booth" honors at the Boat show...Im so stoked!! Thanks Dave!

Havasu Hangin'
03-12-2003, 07:36 PM
Charley:
...I'm guessing it's Dave's way of saying thank you for helping him get "best booth" honors at the Boat show.....Wait til you get my bill on the tape rental...
I never thought I'd say this...but that's a good lookin lower unit you got there, Charley.

hot_diggity_dog
03-12-2003, 07:58 PM
Charley,
Comming along nicely! :D :D
All I need is one of those outdrives. :( :(
Keep the pix comming wink

TOBTEK
03-12-2003, 09:01 PM
Charley:
Well I got home tonight and checked email.... I was expecting to see some feedback from a fellow board member about my dyno but instead I got this Chad at DCB :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0imco_drives-med.JPG
This was not part of my deal with Dave, but he orders my drives with POLISHED LOWERS.... how sweet is that?? I'm guessing it's Dave's way of saying thank you for helping him get "best booth" honors at the Boat show...Im so stoked!! Thanks Dave! cant wait to see those mounted on the back. they look sweeeeeet :D charley you are soo money, and you dont even know it wink

dcb 26 machman
03-12-2003, 10:34 PM
Very,Very,NICE!!

bigq
03-12-2003, 11:13 PM
I'm beginning to notice RD that you always have something to say. :D Take that as a compliment please. wink I don't know about the speed issue, but it would keep them looking nicer. I had a polished jet and it always needed to be polished because the water would dull it so bad.
Maybe he could use some of that wax that they put on the hull to slick'em up.

dcb 26 machman
03-13-2003, 07:40 AM
I've been told in the past (and the theory is sound in my mind) that polished lower units can actually scrub some speed off the top end of the boat becuase water likes to stick to something "shiny" and it doesn't stick to a mat finish.. (Alot of intake manifolds and intake sides of the head are mat finish so fuel doesn't stick to the walls for this reason, while the exhaust side are polished)
Well i have heard what river dave is saying a few times,not really sure if its true or not? If its true i don't think it will hurt that much if any at all. The boat of your boat is glassy smooth as well,and regular bravos and 6 drives have a smooth powdercoated finish.???? Who really knows??????Just my opion.

Charley
03-13-2003, 07:56 AM
hmmm haven't heard that one before but then again, according to someone else on these boards I'm the village idiot(homer simpson)....so R-Dave ....you and I should get together and talk idiot boat talk... To be honest with ya....even if it's true...this boat should be faster than I want to go 99% of the time....I like em and If I actually lose a mph or 3, I could always buy some of those 5 blades that Tob is marketing with his enormous damned avatar and make it right back up :D .....
HH...... haven't seen you around in a while..... I've been on a HB.net diet myself so maybe it's been me who hasn't been around....anyways, If I didn't say it before... thank you for the extra footage, It really helped! :D
[ March 13, 2003, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]

TOBTEK
03-13-2003, 08:54 AM
YEARS ago when I worked with Bombardier, we had a 3M sales rep that would stop by.And yes he stated MANY times that a smooth riding surface(hull bottom) is slower from the friction of the water. They made a "shark skin" like clear vinyl for The Stars and Stripes racing yacht when Dennis connor was racing it. The skin would trap small amounts of air and create lift, seperating the hull from the water somewhat. Or how about the prototype exuast sysytems that had small outlets in the hulls bottom to also create lift....great idea. BUT as Charley said EVEN IF it is a few MPH slower who cares, It will be fast enough im sure. BTW: is it done yet?

Charley
03-13-2003, 09:12 AM
Dave is saying he thinks first weekend in April but being a new boat he expects a hiccup or two.... so far it's been smooth...just like my lowers wink

mbrown2
03-13-2003, 10:23 AM
Charlie, the boat is coming along great and the suprise Polish lowers are slick...get ready to get the polish out....Stop by a truck stop and get a bottle of the "Lazy Man's Polish" I think it is called Magic Mix...shit works.

Craig
03-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Those do look good Charlie. And that's worth a mph or so :D
Near any surface sliding through water, there is a force from water on the surface that tends to oppose the sliding motion. This is called viscous friction, and it is similar to kinetic friction between two surfaces. The reaction force of the surface on the water tends to make the water close to the surface move in the direction of motion of the surface, so that the water at the surface acts like it "sticks" to the surface. Somewhat farther from the surface, the water tends not to be pulled so hard so it does not move so fast, and very far from the surface, the water will be still.
The smooth surface will give up some to the slightly rough one. That surface on a golf ball is there to break up the boundry layer. I read two reasons Chysler used vinyl tops on their Superbirds for NASCAR were one, they didn't have to spend as much time finishing the lead roof/quarter panel seam and two, the vinyl top texture would loosen the car up at 200 mph!
Texture includes the dimples on a golfball, fuzz on a tennisball, seams on a baseball. In each case, the presence of texture will cause the boundary layer to become turbulent sooner, making the critical resistance lower than for a smooth object.
Craig

Charley
03-13-2003, 02:45 PM
Craig:
Near any surface sliding through water, there is a force from water on the surface that tends to oppose the sliding motion. This is called viscous friction, and it is similar to kinetic friction between two surfaces. The reaction force of the surface on the water tends to make the water close to the surface move in the direction of motion of the surface, so that the water at the surface acts like it "sticks" to the surface. Somewhat farther from the surface, the water tends not to be pulled so hard so it does not move so fast, and very far from the surface, the water will be still.
The smooth surface will give up some to the slightly rough one. That surface on a golf ball is there to break up the boundry layer. I read two reasons Chysler used vinyl tops on their Superbirds for NASCAR were one, they didn't have to spend as much time finishing the lead roof/quarter panel seam and two, the vinyl top texture would loosen the car up at 200 mph!
Texture includes the dimples on a golfball, fuzz on a tennisball, seams on a baseball. In each case, the presence of texture will cause the boundary layer to become turbulent sooner, making the critical resistance lower than for a smooth object.
Craig Ok..... translation is... you want polished lowers you should have whipples... I don't know how I'm gonna brak that news to the wife ...hmm
:D wink

Steamin' Rice
03-13-2003, 02:58 PM
Very nice Charley, can't wait to see the final product on the water.... :D

bigq
03-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Craig:
Craig So what your saying is Charlie should take a center punch and make thousands of dipples on the lower units. wink :D

Craig
03-13-2003, 03:48 PM
Charlie,
To boil it down for you, keep the polished lowers! They look cooler then 123 mph VS. 122mph! You'll kick most of our butts here even if you painted the drives pink :D I remember HTM was doing some expermenting with the golf ball texture on a boat bottom, but never heard if it did anything?

XFactor
03-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Not True !! I've got the canopies. Just took delivery a couple weeks ago. It took very little time to get familar with the difference in looking out of them. I would much rather be looking from behind the canopies at high speeds than fighting the wind at high speeds.

mbrown2
03-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Charlie, what is this talk about whipples?....120+ is not fast enough? :) :confused: :)

Charley
03-13-2003, 06:50 PM
Mbrown...... just a joke.... NO BLOWERS wink
huffpower..... The F34 as well as most of the big skaters,Motioncats and canopied spectres has a REAL F16 fighter canopy..... that differs from the 26 and 29 they both have thick lexan copies .... the Real F16 canopies are very expensive becausethey are stronger but they also have imperfections and the degree in which they are imperfect varies from one to another........ the lexan on the other hand are much cleaner with almost no imperfections...just not as strong

mbrown2
03-13-2003, 07:09 PM
How do they recommend you care for the canopies? Windex? I just think of plastic convertible tops and is scares me... :confused:

dcb 26 machman
03-13-2003, 07:19 PM
I believe they have a special cleaning solution for that. Im sure they boys at dcb know.

Charley
03-13-2003, 08:54 PM
HUFFPOWER:
hey charley thanks for the info, my dad told me yesterday that the dcb truck was at windsor launch ramp, 34' extreme trailer, any guess who's ride it may have been ? water was like glass when my dad was out there wednesday playin with his 21 schiada. :D :D Im guessing d'freezes boat..... something Very fast.....im guessing that it will be in the 170mph range if all goes as planned twin 1200's that spin 7k+ rpms......should be awesome!

Charley
03-14-2003, 09:23 AM
Krylon???? doesn't rustoleum have some chit? jk...... I'll chat with Dave about it.... his guy Kevin does some pretty "trick" paint work.... he might have somethin. :D

CMABadseed
03-14-2003, 10:22 AM
looking DAMN fine charley. looks and sounds like the boys are treating you well! mid-april is coming up very shortly. a little antsy yet???

XFactor
03-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Charley,
They look awesome polished. I would suggest that you do not put any clear on them. Clear will not stick to the surface (long term) of polished aluminum. The first chip in the clear will begin a nightmare. Paint is my field. I'm not an expert (don't tell my boss wink ) but I've got 20+ years in the industry. Just take a little extra time to clean them at the end of the day. They look very nice!!

TOBTEK
03-14-2003, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by XFactor:
[qb] Charley,
They look awesome polished. I would suggest that you do not put any clear on them. Clear will not stick to the surface (long term) of polished aluminum. The first chip in the clear will begin a nightmare. Paint is my field. I'm not an expert (don't tell my boss wink ) but I've got 20+ years in the industry. Just take a little extra time to clean them at the end of the day.
oops....double post :confused:
[ March 14, 2003, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: TOBTEK ]

TOBTEK
03-14-2003, 01:26 PM
XFactor:
Charley,
They look awesome polished. I would suggest that you do not put any clear on them. Clear will not stick to the surface (long term) of polished aluminum. The first chip in the clear will begin a nightmare. Paint is my field. I'm not an expert (don't tell my boss wink ) but I've got 20+ years in the industry. Just take a little extra time to clean them at the end of the day. They look very nice!! I AGREE WITH "X" 100% IF/WHEN the paint chips you will have created a nightmare! striping and repolishing would be alot of fun :rolleyes:
[ March 14, 2003, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: TOBTEK ]

Cole
03-17-2003, 04:36 PM
I had polished my aluminum pump on my jet boat to a high gloss shine then sprayed it with a coat of krylon clear.... it yellowed and just didn't look good at all...so i had it taken back down to just polished aluminum and you REALLY have to keep on top of it..the water dulls it almost the minute it hits it!!!Looked great untill i put it in the water...i would look into a professional doing it for you!!Cole

Charley
03-19-2003, 08:21 AM
OK kiddies...... I'm dreaming boats every night now and it all because chad sends me these hehehehe Thanks Chad! :D smile_sp :D
I'm told these two gaps will be filled today then they should soon see the balance of the exhaust
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0center_bilge-med.JPG
gotta love love dcb's wiring!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0back-med.JPG
The cockpit!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0dash_front-med.JPG
I don't care what HBjet says these lines blow away the competition's hehehe
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0left_canopy-med.JPG
[ March 19, 2003, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]

Reaper1
03-19-2003, 08:25 AM
Charley, instead of counting sheep. Try counting zip ties. :D Lookin Good!!!

Charley
03-19-2003, 08:30 AM
LOL.... ya know I went down there recently and one of the riggers had a "zipties.com" T shirt on.... I tried to snap a pic but Dave said no,no,no .....with a smile.....

TOBTEK
03-19-2003, 09:03 AM
pretty awesome charley. I was checking it out yesterday when I was down there. Cant wait for my ride. I have a brandnew "E" ticket waiting to go :D

mbrown2
03-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Question to Charlie & Xfactor,
Why do they use matt black underneath the canopies? Is it to absorb the sunlight and remove the glare that might reflect back up into the canopy? :confused:

TOBTEK
03-19-2003, 10:50 AM
mbrown2:
Question to Charlie & Xfactor,
Why do they use matt black underneath the canopies? Is it to absorb the sunlight and remove the glare that might reflect back up into the canopy? :confused: NOT to answer for Charley and X....BUT yes thats it. thats why your new M5 wink and most all cars have black dashes, stops glare from flashing back in your face......

mbrown2
03-19-2003, 11:25 AM
TOBTEK:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mbrown2:
[qb] Question to Charlie & Xfactor,
thats why your new M5 wink :) I am a truck guy...my wife now on the other hand... eek!

Sandbar Mike
03-19-2003, 11:33 AM
Charley thats an Art form, Can't wait to see it.

Reaper1
03-19-2003, 12:12 PM
Charley:
LOL.... ya know I went down there recently and one of the riggers had a "zipties.com" T shirt on.... I tried to snap a pic but Dave said no,no,no .....with a smile..... The zipties.com website is for sale! Somebody better tell Dave. :p

Sandbar Junkies
03-19-2003, 01:41 PM
Hey Charly,I was at Daves yesterday and your boat looks great. They told me they should be putting the motors in today so post some pics. As far as the canopy's they have a special cleaner for them and I have been told that Windex will scratch them up,be careful. You need to take care of it you never no I may own that one someday to. :D Later Carl

Charley
03-19-2003, 04:17 PM
Thanks Carl I'll check into the cleaner, how is your new boat "Charley" treatin ya? :D

XFactor
03-19-2003, 04:24 PM
MBrown,
Toby is correct. The matt black finish under the canopies is to stop reflection.
Charley,
What do you think of your sister ship? It should be at DCB next week for rigging.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/243DCB29-med.jpg

XFactor
03-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Sorry....Should have stated the finish on the boat is not complete. This is just basecoat!! Needs alot more work before the paint is complete.

mbrown2
03-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Is that the white one that was painted? Pretty wild...looks cool, but not so sure about looking at it with a hangover... :)

TOBTEK
03-19-2003, 05:06 PM
XFactor:
Sorry....Should have stated the finish on the boat is not complete. This is just basecoat!! Needs alot more work before the paint is complete. this is the new waterbase "flat" paint right? can you imagine how much clear will be needed :rolleyes: ....getting a buz just thinking about it.

Charley
03-20-2003, 07:52 AM
Good Lord.... I heard it was wild......that it is wink
should be interesting after the clear and in the water.....
even more curious if that or mine will be faster :confused:
single #6 with Teague 1200hp
2x extremes 1300hp
any thoughts?

DogHouse
03-20-2003, 08:14 AM
Charley, I think you chose a great setup with two big, mellow motors that should never hurt your drives and will also give you incredible all around performance. Has Dave given you any estimates of top end speed yet? I'm putting in my guess at about 120! Plus if that's not enough, you're all set up to add some boost since you have moderate compression. I don't know who will be faster to start with, but I know who will be faster in the end if he decides to step up the power!

jet4fun
03-20-2003, 09:07 AM
personally i would have to say that both of your boats are gonna be very close on top speed, heres my reasoning:
charley is gonna have 2 motors which obviously is gonna weigh more than one. he is also gonna have 2 drives which once again is gonna weigh more than one... however, the other motor is blown which is gonna weigh a little more than one of charley's N/A motors, and it is gonna have a #6 drive which weighs a lot more than one of charley's drives... charley's boat has an extra 100 hp. which should offset that extra weight a little... also i would be curious to see what the total torque difference would be, thats also a factor... then theres the factor of drive drag in the water, charley has an extra drive to drag through the water,,, the same reason why dave doesnt want to put triple OB's on a boat because the extra HP barely overcomes the extra weight and drag of the 3rd motor...
in conclusion i would have to say that based on my limited knowledge, the single motor boat is gonna be just a little faster because of my outboard theory...
however in my opinion i would much rather have the twins and i agree with doghouse 100%... charley went the better way for a lot of reasons, mainly reliability, and upgradeability... besides nothing is gonna beat that hum of 2 motors over just one (besides 3) :D

DogHouse
03-20-2003, 09:23 AM
Now ya got me thinking... Charley's drives will likely be mounted with the prop shafts a couple inches above the keels of the sponsons, therefore NO drives dragging through the water! (except the skegs of course) The single drive is going to have to be down a bit below the elevated center pod or the boat will have a real hard time getting on plane, although the giant props they usually run on the SSM drives will help and may allow for a more elevated position. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with on the setup and also which one runs better! Anyone taking bets??? It's gonna be close but I'll put up a frosty beverage on the twin!
-brian

jet4fun
03-20-2003, 10:11 AM
yeah i gotta agree its gonna be very very close, i just think the 1200 will have just a little more because of the saved weight and drag... of course i am just a little jet guy smile_sp
still would rather have the twins though wink

Charley
03-20-2003, 03:32 PM
I'm not too sure either........tough call...... I guess it's just gonna have to be a RACE wink
here are a few more I got today smile_sp
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0Mvc-019s-med.jpg
Look Ma... twins!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0Mvc-022s-med.jpg
closer look at the good looking twin!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0Mvc-023s-med.jpg
a sideways look at the ugly twin!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0Mvc-018s-med.jpg
Crap that was carlos...sorry :D

CMABadseed
03-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Damn that things is looking great charley. Here's to twins! haha that thing even looks bitchen dry, cant wait to see it on the water.

roln 20s
03-20-2003, 07:55 PM
Charley,
Looks bad ass, as expected. The engine well is so huge, you can barely recognize "the twins." Oh, as for my bet, I'm gonna go with my bud Dogghouse and say CHARLEY--by a canopies length.
Roln 20s

mbrown2
03-20-2003, 07:59 PM
Charlie....boat looks great...blah,blah :) But really those engines sit deep...I am sure that some polished Whipples (in the future) would fit under the hatch with 0 mods....Looking tight.