PDA

View Full Version : People in need

Keithb87
08-08-2004, 10:30 PM
:) We took a family trip to Bartlett Lake today. The Blue Tank ran good for the most part. At the end of the day, me and 2 of my GF's cousins took an early evening cruise to the ramp.
We had to wait for the trailer to make it to the ramp, so we made a pass, and ran around again. All of the sudden, the boat started to ran like crap, and the temp started to climb so I shut it down.
:burningm: This is where it gets bad.
We have the lights on, and the youngest and I start to yell for help. No one answers. There are at least 3 boats that I can see, and I know they could hear us.
We sat for at least 20 minutes. I figured that it would cool down and we would be on our way. I tried to start it again, but she would not fire and there is quite a bit of water in the engine compartment. ( a broken hose or something) Anyway, I tie a rope to the bow hook and start to swim it in. The whole time the boys are yelling for help, and even offering $20 to pull us to the ramp. No response. :burningm: :mad: :burningm:
We get back in to the boat and try to fire it again. It finaly fired so I put it into gear and it died. Tried to fire again, no luck...
By now we are close to shore so I decide to walk it along the shore. (if you've ever been to Bartlett, you know that it can be pretty rocky.) I ended up swimming the boat across a cove, and I see a boat in the no wake zone. I holler to the guy, and offer him $20.00 to tow me in. and he says "F*CK YOU!"
I offer him $50.00 and I get the same response. Now I'm Pissed!! :burningm: I yell to him that "KARMA WILL GET HIS ASS!!!!" ( I hope that it does soon.) Finally the rest of the family heard our cries for help, and came to our rescue. I only had to swim / walk the boat about 1 mile (or it at least seemed that far.)
Anyway, If I was out on the lake, and I heard cries for help, I would go to investigate. Tow Whomever in for FREE. No questions asked. We (my family)always go that extra little bit to help out a person in need.
It just pisses me off that so many people would be so unwilling to help out a person or people in need.
Thanks to Some Kind of Monster for the help swimming it in for the last bit..His boat had an issue this trip too, a broken hose tha filled his boat up too.
I'm off of my RANT for now. I just had to vent this to the HOT BOAT Family.
KeithB87

Kilrtoy
08-08-2004, 10:42 PM
That sucks, I hate people like that, and you are right his day will come. :mad:

Always_Fresh
08-08-2004, 10:53 PM
ouch that is so not cool i hate people like that. me and my dad also like to help other boaters out in need. damn that just sucks that no one would even help

Outnumbered
08-08-2004, 10:59 PM
We almost took the boat out there today. I would have helped ya out if I was there. How was the weather? Forcast called for some wind so we decided to stay home and enjoy the pool. Damn hot today. I think it got up to about 112 :cool:
OL

JustMVG
08-08-2004, 11:01 PM
I have always helped someone, Karma is a Bit%h and if i ever need help i hope She's on my side that day, it seems the what i call "new" boating public has no respect for anyhing with regards to boating, "oh if i help that guy/gal i'll lose a precious hour of boating time, your day will come my friend.
Sorry to hear about your predicament, the Me ME ME factor has hit the waterways, and you know if that guy had a problem and you just brushed HIM off you know he'd be wanting to go toe to toe w ya at the ramp, strange how things have become, and i haven't even started w the Lake Lice... But thats another rant for another day.
Karma will get those that did not help and it will be big, just give it time, at least you got back and didn't sink or woirse get hit, someone was looking out for ya that day. Take care Mike VG

Keithb87
08-08-2004, 11:04 PM
We almost took the boat out there today. I would have helped ya out if I was there. How was the weather? Forcast called for some wind so we decided to stay home and enjoy the pool. Damn hot today. I think it got up to about 112 :cool:
OL
We got there around 2:00. The water was a little choppy at first, and I think we were just behind the rain that came through. It was a good day till the end. :)

Keithb87
08-08-2004, 11:05 PM
and i haven't even started w the Lake Lice...
That was another issue.... going the wrong way, cutting off boats pulling skiers..... :burningm:
A Rant for another day.....

Some Kind Of Monster
08-08-2004, 11:07 PM
No kidding,
Always help out. It's always nice to come back to the boards and see that there are good people out there. Too bad my boat took a crap. I would have given them the ole roost treatment. Those guys were real ass holes - in a whacka no less - :D

Some Kind Of Monster
08-08-2004, 11:08 PM
That was another issue.... going the wrong way, cutting off boats pulling skiers..... :burningm:
A Rant for another day.....
What about the guy pulling tandem skiers that kept going when one went down? I know we were both heading full throttle right for the poor guy. That's a scarry feeling.

Keithb87
08-08-2004, 11:09 PM
No kidding,
Always help out. It's always nice to come back to the boards and see that there are good people out there. Too bad my boat took a crap. I would have given them the ole roost treatment. Those guys were real ass holes - in a whacka no less - :D
You did give me the ROOST TREATMENT !!! at the begining of the day... :D :D
Oh you meant them. :confused: OOPS...

Some Kind Of Monster
08-08-2004, 11:11 PM
if that guy had a problem and you just brushed HIM off you know he'd be wanting to go toe to toe w ya at the ramp,
at least you got back and didn't sink
These things didn't almost happen....

Keithb87
08-08-2004, 11:13 PM
What about the guy pulling tandem skiers that kept going when one went down? I know we were both heading full throttle right for the poor guy. That's a scarry feeling.
Yes, That was another situation that I just do not understand.... If you are pulling a group (2 or more) if one falls, the other should fall.. IMMEADATLY...
Never a Cop around when they need to be. :mad: :mad:
That could of been a real nasty mess to clean up. The Blue Tank would of tore him in half.. and the boat was a good 1/4 mile down the lake.. :burningm: :burningm:

Keithb87
08-08-2004, 11:14 PM
These things didn't almost happen....
If we could of found them.... :D NUFF SAID...... :D

Some Kind Of Monster
08-08-2004, 11:14 PM
On a positive note, I want to get some pictures up but my camera dock is at Robinator's place. Guess that waits until tomorrow. I got some nice shots too.

JustMVG
08-08-2004, 11:15 PM
In my best indian(not whoo whoo injun,711 indian) oh sir you very lucky , would you like buy a lottery ticket now? No! Put down the damn magazine and get out of my store!!! :p MVG

Some Kind Of Monster
08-08-2004, 11:15 PM
If we could of found them.... :D NUFF SAID...... :D
Keith almost sunk my boat.
Where does it end?
How many boats can you take down with you?

JustMVG
08-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Yes, That was another situation that I just do not understand.... If you are pulling a group (2 or more) if one falls, the other should fall.. IMMEADATLY...
Never a Cop around when they need to be. :mad: :mad:
That could of been a real nasty mess to clean up. The Blue Tank would of tore him in half.. and the boat was a good 1/4 mile down the lake.. :burningm: :burningm:
Why didn't the other Gumby just drop the friggin handle , infriggincredible.
Gotta love it. MVG

Keithb87
08-08-2004, 11:17 PM
On a positive note, I want to get some pictures up but my camera dock is at Robinator's place. Guess that waits until tomorrow. I got some nice shots too.
I left mine at home today.. I realised that about the time the cop got between us on the 101.. That roost looks great.. no hole shot, but a great roost.... :D

Some Kind Of Monster
08-08-2004, 11:19 PM
I left mine at home today.. I realised that about the time the cop got between us on the 101.. That roost looks great.. no hole shot, but a great roost.... :D
Can't have everything.. I like the way the boat gets up on a 60 degree angle on hole shot. Isn't that supposed to happen? :eek:

Keithb87
08-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Keith almost sunk my boat.
Where does it end?
How many boats can you take down with you?
ROBINATOR was driving your boat... Had I not been there to say " Hey ... Look at the cool ROOST IN THE BOAT" it would have gone down...
in answer to your question " How many boats can I take down?"
HOW MANY HAVE YOU GOT ???? :D :D :D
I wonder what the worl record is for sinking boats in one outing? :idea: :idea: :idea:

Keithb87
08-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Why didn't the other Gumby just drop the friggin handle , infriggincredible.
Gotta love it. MVG
One little guy bobbing in the middle of the chanel... witha verry scared look on his face.... :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Some Kind Of Monster
08-08-2004, 11:22 PM
I like how you say "The Blue Tank ran good for the most part". You almost brought that one down too. Maybe not directly, but you have been in every boat with water problems thus far. How do you explain that? :confused:

Keithb87
08-08-2004, 11:23 PM
You and the bushy headed one sabatge the boats in the still of the night..... :yuk:

Some Kind Of Monster
08-08-2004, 11:25 PM
You and the bushy headed one sabatge the boats in the still of the night..... :yuk:
LOL Im just playin. If it weren't for Keith, neither of the boats would have been capable of going to the lake. Thanks man! ;)

Some Kind Of Monster
08-08-2004, 11:29 PM
OL
Old Lavey,
Are you getting a new Lavey?

Keithb87
08-08-2004, 11:30 PM
I know that you are just funnin around..
I just realised that I have to go to work in the morning.. and 6:00 am comes early.. Have a good night... :D
We will get the hoses replaced on the Monster tommorow or definatly by the weekend.. Julie won't be making any more trips to the lake until after the arrival. We need to get the ROBINATOR over to the engine un-builder to get that one back to the water... :)
Good Night all :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Some Kind Of Monster
08-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Ah, Spoken like a true employed insomniac. Good Night!

JetBoatRich
08-09-2004, 03:47 AM
Sucks to hear about your troubles :yuk: with the boat, even worst to read about other people would not help :mad: your probably right, it will come back to them later

Huckleberry
08-09-2004, 04:02 AM
How can anyone in their right mind drive right past a boater yelling for help? This is really focked up! I have been on the receiving end of a free tow once (Okay XTRM22, this is your free shot at me so go ahead and take it!), and have towed or help out many, many fellow boaters. I just don't get this. Sorry you had to deal with this Keith. Worse yet, your kids had to see their fellow citizens shun their cries for help! :(

Outnumbered
08-09-2004, 07:23 AM
Old Lavey,
Are you getting a new Lavey?
Not this year, but hopefully next. This would have been the third time out this summer. We just are not using the boat much since we just moved and have been very busy with business and settling in. Plus we got a new pool and have been putting it to good use. :cool:
If all goes well I'll be looking for a slightly used 24' NuEra next year.
OL

Keithb87
08-09-2004, 07:31 AM
It really sucks that the "Boating Community" should have to take a hit like this. Even through it all, I will still stop to help anyone in need.... It's just the right thing to do.
Someone could of been hurt ,or worse having a Heartattack, (ME)
Man am I sore today.... I guess the pack a day habbit of Camels and all the snack food is going to have to stop. :cry: :cry:
I'm sure that the IDIOT will get his sooner or later. I guess it's like the car alarm going off in the parking lot... nobody even looks anymore.... :confused:

Some Kind Of Monster
08-09-2004, 12:54 PM
The car alarm in the lake parking lot is usually set off by someones boat exhaust.

Drunk tank
08-09-2004, 01:39 PM
I always help people out... and people always seem to help me out. (believe me.. I need lots of help)
Ask Zakk (fourspeednup) about when we ran out of gas goin from the sandbar back up to topac.... and then the tweaker local kids that we got to tow us up river in their dingy (no shit...dingy with 5 HP 2 stroke outboard). Then about a mile south of topac... the dingy runs out of gas too! so now were two boats on the shore with no gas.... and thus the adventure begins! A mile hike through desert full of hobos with my gas cans, the frogger style run across the interstate... and then the repeat trip back. I thought I was either gonna get butt raped by hobo or hit by an 18 wheeler. Lesson learned: I now carry 5 gallons of extra gas rather than just 2. ... and then on the next run.... the alternator kicked the bucket in a whirlwind of sparks and carnage! but at least I had a new battery with plenty of juice

HM
08-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Next time, write down CF #'s if you can see them and a description of the boats and occupants. It is actually illegal if you refuse to assist a vessel in distress. Perhaps BoatCop will let us know the specifics..I will e-mail him. On top of that, they could be criminally and civilly liable if anything bad happened to a boat in distress that they refused to help in any way.
My wife cringes everytime I spot a boat on the lake that might look like they need help, let alone is someone is trying to wave me down. If an engine hatch is up, I swing by. I recently posted about the guy on the launch ramp at Elsinore who was stuck, and people actually were mad at him (there are some major holes underwater there) and didn't help him. Well, you know what I did.

NashvilleBound
08-09-2004, 02:12 PM
We launched Sunday here in TN where I saw a PWC sinking fast just outside the no wake zone. I ran over(yes, even tho its a PWC) and towed the two girls in. The thing was swamped. The guys were launching their deck boat and were actually pissed that I helped. I know I'm fantastic looking and all but I had my whole family with me. Besides the fact they were some serious rednecks. I told them they were welcome anyways....and drove off. Some people, I swear.

Drunk tank
08-09-2004, 03:13 PM
We launched Sunday here in TN where I saw a PWC sinking fast just outside the no wake zone. I ran over(yes, even tho its a PWC) and towed the two girls in. The thing was swamped. The guys were launching their deck boat and were actually pissed that I helped. I know I'm fantastic looking and all but I had my whole family with me. Besides the fact they were some serious rednecks. I told them they were welcome anyways....and drove off. Some people, I swear.
I dont care if they are sinkin.... Get off my kool-Aid, Bitch! :p

Keithb87
08-09-2004, 08:27 PM
The car alarm in the lake parking lot is usually set off by someones boat exhaust.
Yours :D :D :D

PlyaPlya22
08-09-2004, 08:31 PM
These types of things should apply to ones everyday life. It is really a shame when people think that they are so damn good that they can't help anyone out. WTF is the world coming to? :confused:

Debbolas
08-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Plya is right. I like to think of the lake/river as our little world. We help each other out, share beers and FOR SURE help a stranded boater. I know sometimes it gets a little old, towing folk back to the marina, using a bunch of gas, and they hand ya a beer.....BUT.....there is a Karma boat thing going on, and it will come back to you.
I am so sorry no one helped you........ :(

Keithb87
08-09-2004, 08:55 PM
I'm over the initial anger of having to deal with the situation. I won't let it get me down. I will continue to enjoy boating, and will still be the first one to drop my towable, or stop the pleasure cruise to help a fellow boater out.
I figure if you took the time to take the family to the lake/river for a day or weekend trip, there is no reason for a little misshap to ruin the fun.
Hell, I guess I needed the swim. :D
If I could of seen the numbers of the boat, or even the boat for that matter, I would look for them the next time I was out and lend them a hand when they were broke down.

Debbolas
08-09-2004, 08:59 PM
That's just weird..........I don't think I have ever seen anyone NOT help a boater on the lake/river.
There was this 'rental' boat on the lake, and they had their ski flag up, nobody in the water, and we were like " Do they need help?" We drove by a couple of times, but they were just fine................... :rolleyes:
Excellent attitude, by the way :D

NashvilleBound
08-10-2004, 04:19 AM
That's just weird..........I don't think I have ever seen anyone NOT help a boater on the lake/river.
There was this 'rental' boat on the lake, and they had their ski flag up, nobody in the water, and we were like " Do they need help?" We drove by a couple of times, but they were just fine................... :rolleyes:
Excellent attitude, by the way :D
When we first moved here we used our flag when someone was in the water. All sorts of people came by to see if we were alright. Too funny. But at least they were checking!!!!!!!

HM
08-10-2004, 05:29 AM
When we first moved here we used our flag when someone was in the water. All sorts of people came by to see if we were alright. Too funny. But at least they were checking!!!!!!!
In Canyon Lake, we are required to have the flag up when people are in the water and when towing at wakeless speeds. Got in the habit of putting out the flag.